IGNORED

Jim Ratcliffe cutting costs at Old T

22A

1 hour ago, Cidre Monita said:

Couldn’t agree more NTB. However it’s immaterial if I’m new on here, or not (I’m not). As you say this is a football forum and not a vehicle to express your political leanings especially in this case when it’s of no relevance. I do find it mildly amusing that people parrot the same old diatribe about Brexit, Trump and the Tories being in league with the Devil i.e. the ‘official’ narrative which has to be adhered to. Anyway, back to the footy - have we signed a good right winger yet?!! 

Yet incredibly you are now onto your third post in this thread very clearly expressing your political leanings. 🙄 

Take your own advice....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 22A said:

In a bid to reduce their overheads, Jim R has announced Manchester United player's families can attend the Cup Final at Wembley, but they'll have to pay their own fare.

How much to provide a 53 seater coach Manchester - London and return?

Well, that looks tinpot. What a monumental bell-end Radcliffe is, him and his vile wankpanzers.

5 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

What has Brexit got to do with it? It’s like it’s a slur on his character. Just because he wanted to leave a corrupt anti-democratic bloc like the EU, along side many of us. Agree with your comment re the OT redevelopment. Manchester has already benefited massively from the public purse. 

Errr...The Lords, much? PS voting for EU MEPs was more democratic than voting for your MP. Just sayin'.

2 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

Couldn’t agree more NTB. However it’s immaterial if I’m new on here, or not (I’m not). As you say this is a football forum and not a vehicle to express your political leanings especially in this case when it’s of no relevance. I do find it mildly amusing that people parrot the same old diatribe about Brexit, Trump and the Tories being in league with the Devil i.e. the ‘official’ narrative which has to be adhered to. Anyway, back to the footy - have we signed a good right winger yet?!! 

Sorry, you can't say you want this apolitical and then rant about "diatribes" against your pet political favourites. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yet incredibly you are now onto your third post in this thread very clearly expressing your political leanings. 🙄 

Take your own advice....

Where have I (very clearly) expressed my political leanings? I’m merely highlighting the fact that some people feel the need to make a political statement on a football topic when not relevant to the thread. And it’s always the same old doctrine. 

Do you have anything you’d like to add about the Jim Ratcliffe ownership of Man U, or just want to advise me on my advice? Do you think he will fire the manager, change the transfer strategy and rebuild the ground? 

5 hours ago, Malago said:

Don’t think it’s about the money per se, think he’s sending a message that the days of freebies and slack attitudes are over.

Agreed. This is just part of a much bigger picture to become more responsible from the top down.

I read an article recently saying that he is also stopping the middle management at the club from having chauffeured cars and company credit cards. 

It seems that there is an arrogant and nonchalant attitude that runs right through the club and he is looking at a top to tail review to make all concerned more accountable. 

Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Sorry, you can't say you want this apolitical and then rant about "diatribes" against your pet political favourites. 

Firstly there is corruption in Westminster as per most administrations world wide. MPs taking financial incentives from donors being the main cause. At least we can vote them out this year via the election. The same cannot be said for Von Der Leyen and her cronies. 
You have no idea what my political ideology is. I was just giving examples of comments I’ve seen on the forum and noted they are usually of a specific bias. I’d also love to know how you define ‘rant’?!! 

Rant over. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

13 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

Where have I (very clearly) expressed my political leanings? I’m merely highlighting the fact that some people feel the need to make a political statement on a football topic when not relevant to the thread. And it’s always the same old doctrine. 

Do you have anything you’d like to add about the Jim Ratcliffe ownership of Man U, or just want to advise me on my advice? Do you think he will fire the manager, change the transfer strategy and rebuild the ground? 

I'm just pointing out what a hypocritical bore you are, that's all. 

I see you're still going, so clearly you're not perceptive enough to understand that you are espousing political views on a football forum. 

Which given that was what you were initially complaining about means you lack a fair amount of self-awareness. Or maybe you're just thick?

Rant over. 😉

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

He’s doing the age old, ‘old school’ if I just come in and be really strict (a total bellend) it’ll really assort my dominance (everyone will think I’m a ****). 

Same as publicly stating everyone who works for the club needing to be ‘in the office’ 5 days a week. What difference will that make?

• Like 1

He's insisting everyone return to working at their desks despite the fact that during covid they actually did away with a load of desk space at Old Trafford and turned some of it into extra hospitality so you've now got a situation where there are more staff then desks available. 

The story I heard wasn't just players families having to pay for coaches & food around the cup final it was staff as well, those who may be on 20k-25k, so not on vast sums of money, while it may not seem like a big amount to some its an extra cost. What happened to just rewarding staff when the club reaches a final that will earn the club more then they'll be saving with all this cost cutting.

As for Old Trafford itself, imagine if the Arsenal game had actually started an hour later and it was still mid match with the water cascading everywhere, its been plastered over social media but avoided a lot of mainstream stuff, would have been embarrassing for it to be on sky at the time. 

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, supercidered said:

I only clicked on this topic because I enjoy seeing Man Utd suffering and hope it continues for many more seasons to come. Such a noisey fan base when things are rosey but very quiet now apart from when they are waving Norwich scarves around and blaming the Glazers for their demise.

Jim R cutting costs is one thing but it seems the club have been cutting costs for years or rather spending it in the wrong areas. One example of many being that c@nt Antony bought for 80+ Million but not spending anything on a leaky roof. Laughable. ETH is a fraud as well and I hope he stays at OT for as long as possible.

I'm never one to defend the 'top' clubs (or their fanbases, about whom I completely agree with you), but I am passionately against bad faith actors owning football clubs and I think your post contradicts itself. The Man Utd fans are not at fault for the Glazers'/board's decision to completely neglect their stadium, in favour of signing shite players, and the effects of this were proved on the weekend. They are awful owners and the club's demise comes from the top down I think.

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It looks just like the East End toilets did back in the seventies.

Corrected for accuracy LR! :shocking:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It looks just like the East End toilets did back in the seventies.

This looks more like the EE toilets.

Mum could never work out why I wore wellies to games when it was a warm, dry and sunny matchday!

• Haha 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, downendcity said:

This looks more like the EE toilets.

Mum could never work out why I wore wellies to games when it was a warm, dry and sunny matchday!

Not sure which but there were reports of leaks in the dressing room too 

9 hours ago, 22A said:

In a bid to reduce their overheads, Jim R has announced Manchester United player's families can attend the Cup Final at Wembley, but they'll have to pay their own fare.

Dear Entitled Wag

For yours and your family's sanity I've decided to spare you the embarrassment of attending the FA Cup Final on a gratis (that's free to you) package this year. 

We both know this will be your partner's farewell match, and he's likely to be shown up for the lazy sod that he is whilst being berated by gobby Bruno, before pissing off to some mug outfit in Saudi.

I'm sure you appreciate my candour.

See you never.

Sir Jim

• Haha 1

Man United launched their 24-25 home kit today  - here modelled by Bruno "Fenzy" Fernandes.

image.thumb.png.053242555c7fbb7836ce080bc63c3565.png

Come on - everyone knows he's a diver! :)

13 hours ago, Distortia said:

I'm never one to defend the 'top' clubs (or their fanbases, about whom I completely agree with you), but I am passionately against bad faith actors owning football clubs and I think your post contradicts itself. The Man Utd fans are not at fault for the Glazers'/board's decision to completely neglect their stadium, in favour of signing shite players, and the effects of this were proved on the weekend. They are awful owners and the club's demise comes from the top down I think.

I don't think I'm be contradictory at all but let me be clear, I have no warmth in any shape or form for the Glazers or their like. I also understand that they have taken a lot of money out. However, they have supported each and every Manager / Head Coach since arriving at OT to the tune of over 2 Billion in transfer fees. When a Manager has asked for a player as in my example of Antony, ETH got what he wanted and that was a decision by ETH who was then backed by the Glazers.

Who's door should the blame be laid at for the neglect of the Stadium? That has to be a collective blame because even Ineos seem to be reluctant to put money to sort it as they seem to be hinting that public money at least in part should finance any improvements.

Back to the 'fans' of Man Utd. Of course there are hard core supporters of the club and there has been since the days of them being in the 2nd Division. However, I see more of the fickle ones in Devon where I live that wouldn't know where OT was if you asked them to put a pin in a map for its location. So, in summary. ETH and the Glazers please stay at Man Utd and hope that they continue to underperform and win f all. 

The players are working, it's their (highly paid) job. How many people got to watch their partner at work? How many people when they go and do that are given travel, parking space, tickets, a meal for them and any children, all paid for by their partners employer?

Funny job this football isn't it? Almost the same for the Referees. They get pre and post match food, and tickets for family members to watch them at work (but not food for their partners and children). 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2024 at 11:43, 22A said:

I think the expectation would be more like limo to the airport, private jet to Luton, limo to the ground, overnight at the Ritz then same return travel mode.

• Like 1