IGNORED

Formations

I have a strong leaning towards some kind of solid, pressing yet technically sound when possible 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 type shape..hoth in general terms for the modern game and more specifically rather like we had from January 2023 until May 2023 and then thereafter 

Intent is also important but back 3 doesn't necessarily do it for me...Naismith able to slot in and move between a back 3 and deepest defensive midfield perhaps, in-game switched also possible with minimum subscriptions needed at times.

6 hours ago, Tinnions Turnips said:

Or maybe Morgan Whittaker, he scored plenty this season and is the right age for the future?

Very unlikely to sign him. Firstly several other clubs including lower PL ones and Championship clubs would be taken a keen interest and secondly Whittaker would cost far more than City could afford.

Plus……despite scoring goals in a struggling team he’s been a one season wonder. It’ll be interesting to see if he can maintain that next season should he stay at Argyle.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Very unlikely to sign him. Firstly several other clubs including lower PL ones and Championship clubs would be taken a keen interest and secondly Whittaker would cost far more than City could afford.

Plus……despite scoring goals in a struggling team he’s been a one season wonder. It’ll be interesting to see if he can maintain that next season should he stay at Argyle.

This Whittaker you speak of.

Is it the same guy who you felt they’d accept a fee, affordable to us, of £3-£4m for (checks notes) 12 days ago?

IMG_3058.jpeg

• Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Tinnions Turnips said:

I know they have a final to play, but Che Adams? 

7 hours ago, Tinnions Turnips said:

Or maybe Morgan Whittaker, he scored plenty this season and is the right age for the future?

You must be on the windup...

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This Whittaker you speak of.

Is it the same guy who you felt they’d accept a fee, affordable to us, of £3-£4m for (checks notes) 12 days ago?

IMG_3058.jpeg

I got it wrong Silvio.  My guesstimate was way off as was pointed out on here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tinnions Turnips said:

I know they have a final to play, but Che Adams? 

He's expected to join Wolves as a free agent this summer. Not that we would have the remotest chance anyway.

With respect to the OP, some of the suggestions remind me of this, a Birmingham fan page wishlist including varied free agents for summer 2024..at best they would be in the Championship and of course we now know they are relegated.

https://bluesfocus.co.uk/2024/01/04/five-championship-midfielders-with-expiring-contracts-that-blues-should-look-at/

3 if not 4 of these would not have been realistic even had they stayed up.

21 hours ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

Yes!

Harry Kane.

and a re-animated Dixie Dean.

Dixie Dean…

God! 😇

Dixie Dean ! Yes indeed. There was a man. He could play football like a man armed to the teeth with two whole  football playing man feet.

Lord alone knows what madcap mayhem his cadaverous revenant could unleash on the field of play today. He should play in a formation of ONE. None should stand i’th field with such as he.  

• Haha 3