IGNORED

Cheltenham Town

Bit of news from people latterly of this parish and surrounding:

- Darrell Clarke is going to Barnsley as their new manager

- Gary Johnson is joining Cheltenham as DOF

- New head coach to be appointed. Who’s out of work, local and has links to the DOF….?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

- New head coach to be appointed. Who’s out of work, local and has links to the DOF….?

Actually, if I were a Cheltenham fan I’d be delighted with GJ as DoF and LJ as coach.  I think they’d work well together at that level.  And no, I’m not being sarcastic.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Malago said:

Actually, if I were a Cheltenham fan I’d be delighted with GJ as DoF and LJ as coach.  I think they’d work well together at that level.  And no, I’m not being sarcastic.

As much as I am as much a fan of LJ as I am of HNM and McInnes, I really think GJ/LJ is a good shout for Cheltenham. 

I always like the local clubs to do well (excluding Cardiff Swansea SAGS and Swindle) and hope they can mount a bit of a challenge. 

17 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

As much as I am as much a fan of LJ as I am of HNM and McInnes, I really think GJ/LJ is a good shout for Cheltenham. 

I always like the local clubs to do well (excluding Cardiff Swansea SAGS and Swindle) and hope they can mount a bit of a challenge. 

Not that I disagree but no 'local' EFL teams in South Wales or within 40 miles then. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Added content
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

My second team. Massive amount of work for them to do next season to stay up.

53 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not that I disagree but no 'local' EFL teams in South Wales or within 40 miles then. 

Yeah I take your point. So I’m good with FGR, @redsquirrel and I had a legendary day out to watch them get battered! I’m Hoping they March back to the EFL.

Yeovil are like your dear old aunt who dribbles and farts a lot and always requires a loan. Bit of a local derby coming up there!

So that leaves Cheltenham and to your point! How can you not love em. They are like Aunty Yeovil’s sister with less attitude!

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Malago said:

GJ probably will appoint Lee, he won't be able to resist - but given LJ has been sacked at his last 4 jobs and in relatively short order in the last 3 - it's going to be very embarrassing when Gary has to sack him. 

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

GJ will appoint his son as head coach and his taxi driver brother as chief scout and run Cheltenham Town as a family corner shop just as he did at AG…………...:rofl2br:

Edited by Robbored
  • Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Yeah I take your point. So I’m good with FGR, @redsquirrel and I had a legendary day out to watch them get battered! I’m Hoping they March back to the EFL.

Yeovil are like your dear old aunt who dribbles and farts a lot and always requires a loan. Bit of a local derby coming up there!

So that leaves Cheltenham and to your point! How can you not love em. They are like Aunty Yeovil’s sister with less attitude!

I don't dislike Cheltenham, they are my favourite Midlands team. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good Grief!!

Those Barnsley Fans had better lock up their Whippets with Darrell on the way!!

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

GJ will appoint his son as head coach and his taxi driver brother as chief scout and run Cheltenham Town as a family corner shop just as he did at AG…………...:rofl2br:

Family corner shops are usually well run to be honest.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If he were running proceedings at Ashton Gate like a corner shop and getting us the closest to top flight football in decades wtf do you think of the current set up ?

• Flames 1

59 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

GJ probably will appoint Lee, he won't be able to resist - but given LJ has been sacked at his last 4 jobs and in relatively short order in the last 3 - it's going to be very embarrassing when Gary has to sack him. 

He’s had 3 jobs in 3 years. Which isn’t all that unusual in football really. If you take Chris Wilder as just 1 example, he’s onto his 4th club in less time than LJ had 3. 
I’d also politely note that after he left Hibs and Fleetwood, they both didn’t get any better. In fact Fleetwood were doing better under LJ than anything Adam came up with (only surpassed LJ’s wins ratio with 2 victories after they’d already got relegated) and of Fleetwoods 3 managers last season, LJ had the best record and was the only one who didn’t get a transfer window. 
And looks how crap Hibs are now!  And LJ’s replacement has already been sacked! Bad bad club! 

Not saying he’s a great manager, but the Hibs and Fleetwood jobs had a helluva lot more behind them and both are worse without him. 
I’m actually convinced Fleetwood stay up if they let him have the Jan window. He was about to sign Joe Taylor who ended up doing well at Lincoln. Just that 1 transfer alone would’ve vastly improved their chances. 

Will he end up at Cheltenham. Doubt it.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

If he were running proceedings at Ashton Gate like a corner shop and getting us the closest to top flight football in decades wtf do you think of the current set up ?

As far as I’m aware Manning isn’t employing his family members………….:cool2:

3 hours ago, Malago said:

GJ helped ruin Torquay so im unsure what Cheltenham are thinking tbh.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not that I disagree. 

But he wouldn't actually be 'running' Cheltenham Town. 

Unlike the family and mates that we are saddled with running our shit show.

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

@Robbored ?

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

You think they are in danger of back to back relegations? 

Yeah, losing the manager and a number of there experienced players aren't signing new deals. A lot of rebuilding to do. Really hope they're ok though and don't do a FGR.

I liked GJ when he was here. He took us further than any other Manager in my lifetime.

However wherever he has been since  he seems to have demolished their youth system and left them in a worst position than when he joined. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 79 said:

I liked GJ when he was here. He took us further than any other Manager in my lifetime.

However wherever he has been since  he seems to have demolished their youth system and left them in a worst position than when he joined. 

He did that at Yeovil town they certainly paid the price for it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

There goes their youth policy