IGNORED

Forum Negativiy

TMWANG50

I felt the need to post something on this forum to stop this under current of negativity from some fans who seem to think the club is at crisis levels?

Before some of you hark on again I sould point out that yes I am also a season ticket holder and yes I was one of the 320 real fans at Wycombe, whilst the rest of the so called "City" fans were back home in the warmth of Bristol!!

The season is only 5 games old, we have been hit with a lot of injuries and we simply couldn't afford to keep several of last years starting eleven.

Scott Murray isn't rubbish he is just short of confidence and jerring him and the rest of the team won't make him improve, lets not forget how many goals he scored two years ago not to mention all the assists!

Danny Coles is one of the best young defenders we have ever had and he might be struggling at the moment but he is missing his experienced colleague in Mr Butler in helping dealing with the aerial bomb bardment of Division 1!

Come on lets give Tinman time and support our players not come on here daily slagging them off becuse we aren't 10 points clear after 4 games!

I doubt people were so quick to write off Mr Wilson in his first month?

I felt the need to post something on this forum to stop this under current of negativity from some fans who seem to think the club is at crisis levels?

Before some of you hark on again I sould point out that yes I am also a season ticket holder and yes I was one of the 320 real fans at Wycombe, whilst the rest of the so called "City" fans were back home in the warmth of Bristol!!

The season is only 5 games old, we have been hit with a lot of injuries and we simply couldn't afford to keep several of last years starting eleven.

Scott Murray isn't rubbish he is just short of confidence and jerring him and the rest of the team won't make him improve, lets not forget how many goals he scored two years ago not to mention all the assists!

Danny Coles is one of the best young defenders we have ever had and he might be struggling at the moment but he is missing his experienced colleague in Mr Butler in helping dealing with the aerial bomb bardment of Division 1!

Come on lets give Tinman time and support our players not come on here daily slagging them off becuse we aren't 10 points clear after 4 games!

I doubt people were so quick to write off Mr Wilson in his first month?

So we have sold over 8000 season tickets but only have 320 real fans..... Interesting.

Take off the red tinted glasses and wake up, on present form (And that of last season) Scott Murray is rubbish

Danny Coles I fear has started to believe his own publicity untill he goes back to basics he will always be 'full of potential'

How patient do you want us all to be? Patient upto the point where City are floundering in mid-table at xmas? No thanks.

The bottom line is that so far City have played 5 meaningfull games under BT. Won 1 lost 2 drawn 2.

In none of those games did City convince me that they are genuine promotion candidates.Only two halves that I've seen so far have City shown any promise.The second half at B'mouth and the second half against Torquay (when they were very unlucky not win)

Patience is all very well but being so can cost too many points.Catch-up is a very tough game.

How patient do you want us all to be? Patient upto the point where City are floundering in mid-table at xmas? No thanks.

The bottom line is that so far City have played 5 meaningfull games under BT. Won 1 lost 2 drawn 2.

In none of those games did City convince me that they are genuine promotion candidates.Only two halves that I've seen so far have City shown any promise.The second half at B'mouth and the second half against Torquay (when they were very unlucky not win)

Patience is all very well but being so can cost too many points.Catch-up is a very tough game.

But we're good at catch up ? Last season our 11 game winning run was a catch up job, we've never led all season, even in our last promotion season we came from behind

Guest bristolbred

We DON'T all live in Bristol, It isn't particulary warm in Bristol, and HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU GO AWAY TO HARTLEPOOL LAST SEASON??,, :Fume: :Rage: :Fume: :Cheeky22:

Guest bristolbred

City fans have always been, and will always be Fickle!!, :whistle:

Guest AngelofAvonmouth

I can't always get to games when they are away but I do go to every home game. I only missed 2 games last year because of illness. But I think we have to find some clarity here between what is classed as negative and what is purely an expression of frustration at our lacklustre performances so far this season.... :whistle::angry:

We DON'T all live in Bristol, It isn't particulary warm in Bristol, and HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU GO AWAY TO HARTLEPOOL LAST SEASON??,,  :Fume:  :Rage:  :Fume:  :Cheeky22:

I went twice... and I was at wycombe on tuesday.. and I'm a season tickect holder, and I sponser 3 playrers at city.. does this give me the right to air my opinion more??

I think not... we are all equall and are allowed our opinion. so what if only 320 turned up? it is not the best thing to start your opinion off by slating other fans who you think dont go as often as you.

Then you obviously are BCFC's top supporter therefore all should bow before you.

BORING!!!! :whistle::angry:

I will criticise the board, manager and players as much as I want when the situation on the field is pants due to lack of planning, coaching, fitness and application.

I have missed only 14 home games in over forty years and the present manager is a result of the worst decision I can remember and I have enjoyed watching City as second in the "Premier" and last in the fourth division.

As always I live in hope, but with the board not willing to spend real money and taking the cheap option in appointing an inexperienced player on the wane I am seriously concerned for the future

TMWANG50 - As a not so real fan (in your glowing terms) I just thought I would ask a few questions on behalf of a few of the 12,700 other "so called" fans we have.

Has it entered your thick skull that some people have work and family commitments which prevent them from attending midweek games at Wycombe?

Could you possibly comprehend that some of our supporters live up North/Scotland etc. and due to other commitments could'nt get there?

Could such a diehard as you understand that many people cannot AFFORD to go to away games?

Perhaps you are sane enough to realise that many of our younger supporters are not able to travel to Wycombe on their own on a Tuesday night. or are you?

Is it possible that some people do not have transport and do not want to be stuck on a CATS coach with the likes of yourself?

Whilst supporters such as yourself show exceptional commitment, which is to be applauded, please do not put yourself on some kind of pedestal in comparison to REAL people who have REAL issues preventing them from attending as many games as you.

TMWANG50 - As a not so real fan (in your glowing terms) I just thought I would ask a few questions on behalf of a few of the 12,700 other "so called" fans we have.

Has it entered your thick skull that some people have work and family commitments which prevent them from attending midweek games at Wycombe?

Could you possibly comprehend that some of our supporters live up North/Scotland etc. and due to other commitments could'nt get there?

Could such a diehard as you understand that many people cannot AFFORD to go to away games?

Perhaps you are sane enough to realise that many of our younger supporters are not able to travel to Wycombe on their own on a Tuesday night. or are you?

Is it possible that some people do not have transport and do not want to be stuck on a CATS coach with the likes of yourself?

Whilst supporters such as yourself show exceptional commitment, which is to be applauded, please do not put yourself on some kind of pedestal in comparison to REAL people who have REAL issues preventing them from attending as many games as you.

AMEN!!!

Can this be the final nail in the 'Part-time' supporter debating coffin???

Pahhhleeeese.

Slightly harsh ifeel!

not slightly harsh very harsh some real city fans are not able to get to the game, For example not old enough to drive. Or else some other 'real city fans' would have been their. Or maybe i should just leave this forum aswell as the other couple of thousand who didn't go to the wycombe game. Because I'm obviously not a real city fan who trys to get to as many games as i can. :whistle:

Yes and also are not old enough to drive yet. So really what TMWANG50 is saying is that anybody under the age of 17 (or at least the ones who are under 17 who cant get to every game because family are working or something) are not real supporters.

You must be joking

I don't think it's just forum negativity?

Very depressing listening to fans trooping out of the Gate last Saturday.

Yes, it is a little early to be total doom & gloom merchants,but we can look at reasons,excuses etc for why we have started so poorly, but the basic fact is that we need to get it right real soon as the LDV could be the only shining light!

As for all this Tinnion is a novice etc.What a load of B0110x. He has been around this place for many years, thinks he can do the job. Surely he should have more inside knowledge than any out side more experienced manager.

Lets hope its not too cosy?

Guest bristolbred
I went twice... and I was at wycombe on tuesday.. and I'm a season tickect holder, and I sponser 3 playrers at city.. does this give me the right to air my opinion more??

I think not... we are all equall and are allowed our opinion. so what if only 320 turned up? it is not the best thing to start your opinion off by slating other fans who you think dont go as often as you.

La! De! La! De! La! La!,

What a complete ######!!!, :whistle:

I'm a real fan but i couldnt get the night off work!!! I'll be there saturday, the week after and all the games after that. This is yet another example of a person who goes to every game feeling like they are above the rest of us fans who are unable to get every tuesday night off for away games!! This is the type of fans i dislike its the attitude that makes less regular city fans feel like they are out of place in the ground and on this forum.

I would consider myself a regular as i have missd 1 game since christmas, which was tranmere away, i was working then as well if you want a dig.

You have no right to call the fans who arent able/cant afford to go away every week, less of a fan then you. back off and learn some respect for your fellow city fans.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I was one of the 320 real fans at Wycombe, whilst the rest of the so called "City" fans were back home in the warmth of Bristol!!

I have a good idea, how about you stand infront of the Williams E block and shout "Only people that went to Wycombe are real fans"

See how far you get

Guest Amsterdam Red
yes I was one of the 320 real fans at Wycombe, whilst the rest of the so called "City" fans were back home in the warmth of Bristol!!

Real fan? Ignorant fool more like.

I've been a "real" city fan for many many years and although it might be hard for you to comprehend there are many of us out there that might love to be able to travel to every away game but it's not a reality to most!

What do you think? that every time there's an away game the vast VAST majority of city fans just don't care about the outcome, they just think "Sod it, i don't care what happens, i only really follow the club for something to do every other saturday"?!! Wake up!

Born and raised in Bristol I now live abroad - yet last season i got on a plane and flew back as many times as possible to support the boys and i listened to every other game via BCworld (even though i resent paying for a service that up until a few years ago was free! - but that's a different strand) - i admit the games i came back for were nearly all home games, but you tell me does this make me, and the thousands like me who can't get to every game for whatever reason, any less of a fan than you?

i don't think so.

:whistle:

I am glad to see the "real fans" on here are using that one line as a smoke screen to cover up all the ridiculous posts on here I have seen of late!

What would we do then if we sacked Tinnion (at great cost and lose a player as well), drop Murray, sell Coles, sell Doherty and boo the team every week when we haven't won. How many games would we give a new manger if we could tempt another manager after sacking our old one after 5 games? 2 games perhaps?? Who would we buy to replace these players when we can't even afford Richie Wellens?

Some people need to get real and keep their numbskull opinions to themselves and get behind the team or go down to Horfield instead!

Guest newport red

tmwang 50 i live in newport lost my job due to an indusrial injury at work so cant afford a season ticket i do go to every home game thanks to my wife paying for my ticket and driving me to and from ashton gate i must appoligise that i wasnt at wycombe on tuesday night for some reason my wife would not take the after noon of work to drive me there with are 4 children and pay for me i ithink i will have to have strong words with her because now I'm not a true supporter anymore because of this but here is a strong word for you grow up get a life and get laid idiot :@ :@ :@ :@

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Not much point arguing with someone that thinks there's only 320 REAl fans - Maybe you should form your own forum for superior being likes yourself.

Or maybe you can ride off into the sunset with your right hand in perfect happiness.

Forgetting whether you went to wycombe or not the real sense of frustration is the feeling that we have a good squad of players who look a shambles because of managerial incompetence not because they are bad players. Its not about tinnion being a bad manager like say Pulis it is the horrible suspicion he is no manager at all

Archived