IGNORED

Louis Carey

foghornred

Shock!  Horror!  It can't be true!  No! 

Two members share the same point of view and that point of view is not shared by '(Bo)RedUn'!!

Two anonymities (at least) not only share the same point of view - on a limited range of topics - but also the same manner of expressing them, easily confirmed by skimming the archives. Now one of the aliases talks of credibility ...

My take - I was gutted when we lost Carey, Brown and Peacock and really think that we should of done more to try and keep them. I admit I'm not privy to the salary package details and, for Brown in particular, keeping these players was probably not possible. However, to get rid of some of your best players and then appoint a rookie manager, via a total stitch up, was a big gamble football wise. (but the easy option from a financial viewpoint). TBH I did not expect auto promotion this year and it's not going to happen. I'm still hopefull of the playoffs though, mainly due to the total lack of anything resembling quality in the divsion this year.

Agree Carey and Brown, not at all bothered about Peacock, don't know what you mean by total stitch-up ... ?

Two anomymities (at least) not only share the same point of view - on a limited range of topics - but also the same manner of expressing them, easily confirmed by skimming the archives. Now one of the aliases talks of credibility ...

What's 'Anomymities'?

Limited range of topics? Hmmm... let's see

The Board

The Management

The Players

Sorry, did I fail to mention the pies?

Same manner of expressing them?

Rationally?

Articulately?

Reasonably?

Cogently?

Same opinion=same person does it? Don't think that will stand up to rigorous inspection.

Credibility? Yours has disappeared into the ether.

Keep clutching at straws.

Guest Dorito
Agree Carey and Brown, not at all bothered about Peacock, don't know what you mean by total stitch-up ... ?

By stitch up I mean Tins was the only person interviewed for the post. The interview took place within hours/days of Wilson leaving. As far as I am aware the post was not advertised and no external candidates were ever considered.

As far as I am concerned Brians interview may as well have been 3 minutes long instead of 3 hours. The board knew who they were going to appoint as soon as Wilson left. (Probably before).

I can prove or disprove this by verifing the IP addresses of yours and Lenny's posts.

Just give me a nudge and I'll check it out for you  :blush:

Please, once and for all put the BoRed'Un out of his misery.

I notice that Lennie Godber and myself are active on the forum at the same time.

Is this possible from the same computer?

By stitch up I mean Tins was the only person interviewed for the post. The interview took place within hours/days of Wilson leaving. As far as I am aware the post was not advertised and no external candidates were ever considered.

As far as I am concerned Brians interview may as well have been 3 minutes long instead of 3 hours. The board knew who they were going to appoint as soon as Wilson left. (Probably before).

Good. I'm glad the board are decisive and know what they want.

I remember seeing an interview with Scott Davidson where he said that John Ward "was top of the list" and that it was always going to be him who got the job. Did you complain then?

Brian becoming manager has been on the cards for some time now, and he has been working hard to prepare for the job. He was ready to take on the job, and the board were prepared to give him a go. He's had less than 15 games and done very little wrong, and yet people are slating him and the board.

It seems to me like a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't for Tinnion and Lansdown. Some people have got it in for them and will find fault with everything they do.

We struggled to score goals last season, so we signed two strikers, and switched to a more attacking style. Now people are complaining that we concede too many. Did you not notice how much of last season's superb defensive record was down to massed, desperate defending? The defence was always going to suffer with more men committed forward.

Players left in the summer. And they have been replaced. Brown was always going to leave, he said as much, Peacock didn't do enough to deserve the contract he wanted, so he left, and Louis was a fully paid-up member of the cozy club, who didn't like the idea of having to perform well for his money - boo hoo. Someone also mentioned Joe Burnell - he desperately wanted to stay, but knew his first team chances would be limited at City.

Of course the team isn't as good as it could be, and 15th position is in no way satisfactory, but let's give them a chance eh? Some people here seem to be attacking the management of the club simply for the sake of it.

Please, once and for all put the BoRed'Un out of his misery.

I notice that Lennie Godber and myself are active on the forum at the same time.

Is this possible from the same computer?

Err...yes it is actually. Of course Tom will know for sure whether or not it really is the same computer. :blush:

Guest Dorito

Reply to BCFC_Dan

Good. I'm glad the board are decisive and know what they want.

I remember seeing an interview with Scott Davidson where he said that John Ward "was top of the list" and that it was always going to be him who got the job. Did you complain then?

At no point in my post have I critised Brian in any way. I have just stated that his appointment was a stich up. I suppose you could look at it as decisive move by the board.

Personally I would not have appointed Brian due his lack of experiance. Now he is the manager he has my full backing.

I will say that at the moment the league position is simply not good enough. If we don't make the playoffs this year and make a bad start next year then I would probably support moving for new manager. Tinns said auto this year so he will live and die by his words. As I have already said I am hopefull that we will make the playoffs this year. I believe that we have the players to achieve this.

Louis was a fully paid-up member of the cozy club, who didn't like the idea of having to perform well for his money - boo hoo.

Totally out of order. If Louis had taken the deal and broken his leg on the first game of the season his pay would have been totally decimated through no fault of his own. He was a good servent who just wanted parity with the other players.

Louis was a fully paid-up member of the cozy club, who didn't like the idea of having to perform well for his money - boo hoo.

Totally out of order. If Louis had taken the deal and broken his leg on the first game of the season his pay would have been totally decimated through no fault of his own. He was a good servent who just wanted parity with the other players.

That's a good point and shouldn't have been forgotten.

I don't think Carey leaving is down to who came in or a conspiracy of any sorts. He wanted more money because he felt he deservd it. The club can't offer any players the type of contracts that they are used to so have to offer a performance related scheme that was a risky option for him. He turned it down and went elsewhere. There can be a mulitude of reasons for this but do the ones that we present are pure speculation.

I see - sounds like successor planning to me, a standard consideration in many a well-run business.

More concerned about the successors to Carey and Brown myself.

Guest Dorito

successor planning to me, a standard consideration in many a well-run business.

Successor planning or stitch up, different sides of same coin. It is irrelevant now though as you say.

More concerned about the successors to Carey and Brown myself.

Totally agree with you on that one.

Well a brief scan of the archives of both your posts bring up matches on more than 6 occasions. You are on Freeserve dial up so sometimes that can happen but some of the matches have posts that are a few minutes appart on the same IP which would lean to suggesting that the accounts are of the same person.

The email addresses of both users are as near identical as you can get though, with just  one character changed.

Would suggest to me that the two accounts are used by one user.

Its perfectly possible as long as you have two different types of web browser on the one PC. When the girlfriend is around my house she browses and posts using Internet Explorer while I use Mozillia Firefox  :huh:

The E-mail addresses of both users are as near identical.

I think you'll find, Tom, it's more than one character that's different. Your suggestion that the two accounts are used by one user is wrong also.

Come on. It's not that difficult is it? We're not the same person but our E-mail addresses are nearly identical so...

The E-mail addresses of both users are as near identical

I think you'll find, Tom, it's more than one character that's different.  Your suggestion that the two accounts are used by one user is wrong also.

Come on.  It's not that difficult is it?  We're not the same person but our E-mail addresses are nearly identical so...

........ your lovers!!?!

Guest panelman
Well if Brian said so....Might have said it to look a little less silly. Carey was a senior professional (and more consistent than Tinnion,) at City, maybe some younger players might have listened or looked up to him as a player. Can't have that, Tinnions the Sheriff here. Carey would have been out regardless of how long was left on his contract. It was the first act of circling the wagons, Millen was act two.

My sources openly tell me that BT was influential in brokering contracts for Carey and other youngsters many years ago, thus making him a darling in the

boardroom, and, leaving the young 'uns a few thousand out of pocket. Brown didn't hang about did he? Burnell? Just too much resentment on past dealings I'm afraid.

PS. I won't reveal my sources, thats for amateur journo's.

I reckon Tinnion has had a problem with senior players, and his early insistance that Aniyansh & Harley got starts were a clear indication that he wanted the respect & would only get this from some senior players (who would call him gaffer) but much from those of the Academy ranks.

Then when things went pair shaped Mr Lansdown calmed the waters & peace reigned ? For a while anyhow.

Go on we love a good source story.

Well, you tell me the n, why the secrecy - You've stated you don't know each other but now your trying to suggest your related or something?? Looking through the archive posts there is a few simlarities in posting style too.

I'm not bothered but most of the evidence points at two alises one user. Just my observation from looking at the information provided infront of me.

With regards to email, One ends @freeserve.co.uk one ends fsnet.co.uk

That's the difference, the old freeserve format and the new format.  :huh:

I'll leave you to clear it up for everyone  :grr:

Oh dear. Has it really come to this.

Lennie Godber and Magilla are not the same person.

Lennie Godber and Magilla are related.

Shock! Horror! Members of the same family using the forum using different aliases so no-one knows they're related? It's an outrage! Get the Thought Police!

And members of the same family supporting the same football club! Should be a crime! What were they thinking?

Lennie Godber and Magilla have similar opinions and points of view.

But worse still! Members of the same family expressing similar points of view? It's disgusting!! Shouldn't be allowed!! Bring the 'Forum Elders' here at once!

Lennie Godber and Magilla live 300 miles apart.

So, sometimes Lennie Godber uses Magilla's PC when he's visiting him to post on the forum.

Get a posse together! How dare they use the same PC to post on the forum!! Write to your MP. The 2012 Olympic bid is in tatters!!

So RedUn, can you let me know the ID's of all the members of your friends and family as well so I can see who's agreeing with you in any particular topic? Is that OK? I look forward to your apology.

Archived