IGNORED

Louis Carey

foghornred

Fair play to him for coming, shows that he really did love this club.

it's a shame he had to depart

it's sad because he did really love this club and deserved better treatment

now it seems we do need him

but did i ever see anyone thanking him for his services to us?

i hate to be like this but i felt so ashamed with the way he was treated and the way robbo and other players are being treated

its unnaceptable, we need to do something about it

You're not going to change people's opinions on Carey ... It's a such because I do agree that he wasn't treated that well... Regardless to the whole business of want went on

I'nm not tyring to change people's opinions of Carey, I'm just saying (that in my opinion) what happeend was unacceptable and the way robbo and other players are being treated is also unacceptable.

He was at the club 10 years!!  They told him he couldn't have a testimonial until he signed.

Thats a discrace, he didn't deserve that.

exactaly what i mean, he was here for a long time, served city well and did us proud, i was not happy with the way he was treated and it can sometimes make you think if what he ever did for us was noticed or not.

his efforts didn't go unnoticed by everyone and i don't recall him being prasied at all for his loyalty to the club :)

He was at the club 10 years!!  They told him he couldn't have a testimonial until he signed.

Thats a discrace, he didn't deserve that.

That's not true. He'd been here 9 years and would have been entitled to a testimonial at the end of next year. He chose not to sign another contract, therefore it was his decision to forego the chance of a testimonial, not the Club's.

We have missed him defensively though. He's a good player.

That's not true. He'd been here 9 years and would have been entitled to a testimonial at the end of next year. He chose not to sign another contract, therefore it was his decision to forego the chance of a testimonial, not the Club's.

We have missed him defensively though. He's a good player.

Dave, you appear to be letting facts get in the way of a story.

Remember where you are.

Dave, you appear to be letting facts get in the way of a story.

Remember where you are.

Sorry. What I meant to say was that Colin Sexstone put Louis in the stocks and threatened to pull out all his fingernails if he didn't sign a new contract while Brian Tinnion stood in the background slapping a sock filled with wet sand against his palm in a menacing fashion while muttering 'we know where your dad lives'. Meanwhile, Steve Lansdown waved large wads of fifity pound notes in front of Louis' face before casually lighting a cigar with them. It's a disgrace.

Sorry. What I meant to say was that Colin Sexstone put Louis in the stocks and threatened to pull out all his fingernails if he didn't sign a new contract while Brian Tinnion stood in the background slapping a sock filled with wet sand against his palm in a menacing fashion while muttering 'we know where your dad lives'. Meanwhile, Steve Lansdown waved large wads of fifity pound notes in front of Louis' face before casually lighting a cigar with them.  It's a disgrace.

I think it's a disgrace that Shaun Goater didn't get a testimonial either.

Ok, he didn't complete ten seasons at the club, but he did well while he was here, so I find it unacceptable that the club didn't allow him a much needed tax windfall, purely because of a technicality.

Terrible way to treat a player.

Lets not forget one accurate fact - Carey was offered a new contract but at 20% less salary than last season.He refused to sign and who can blame him? Now he's on at least 20% more at Coventry than he was last year at City.Good luck to him.

What is a disgrace is the way Carey has been treated on this forum.Shame on those that critise him for moving onto a bigger club,in a higher league and on better money.

I think it's a disgrace that Shaun Goater didn't get a testimonial either.

I agree. Seven more years and he could have had a testimonial, but he was forced to sign for Man City instead and go on and earn millions of pounds playing in the Premiership.

A disgrace.

Lets not forget one accurate fact - Carey was offered a new contract but at 20% less salary than last season.He refused to sign and who can blame him? Now he's on at least 20% more at Coventry than he was last year at City.Good luck to him.

What is a disgrace is the way Carey has been treated on this forum.Shame on those that critise him for moving onto a bigger club,in a higher league and on better money.

I have no problem with Louis moving and getting more money at a club in a higher division. Good luck to him.

However, I do have a problem with him slagging off Bristol City because they wouldn't pay his agent (who tried to unsettle other players at the club) a hefty sum. And I do have a problem with him telling lies to the media - a lie which is still being bandied about as fact by a poster on this very thread.

For that, he deserves criticism.

However, I do have a problem with him slagging off Bristol City because they wouldn't pay his agent (who tried to unsettle other players at the club) a hefty sum. And I do have a problem with him telling lies to the media - a lie which is still being bandied about as fact by a poster on this very thread.

For that, he deserves criticism.

So are saying that Carey lied to the press when he claimed that City were asking him to take a 20% pay cut?

So are saying that Carey lied to the press when he claimed that City were asking him to take a 20% pay cut?

No, I have no idea about his offer, so I can't comment on it.

I am saying he lied when he said the club told him he had to sign a new contract or wave goodbye to a testimonial he was entitled to. He was entitled to no such thing until next season.

He played it as a 'look how the club crap on loyal servants' card, even though it was a lie. That deserves criticism, in my book.

Edit: I have no idea what a 'conract' is.

Whoops!

I am saying he lied when he said the club told him he had to sign a new contract or wave goodbye to a testimonial he was entitled to. He was entitled to no such thing until next season.

If he didn't sign the new contract, he couldn't serve out the year of service needed to qualify for the testimonial. That's not lying, that's just expressing things from his perspective. A perfectly reasonable perspective.

He played it as a 'look how the club crap on loyal servants' card, even though it was a lie. That deserves criticism, in my book.

No. He merely presented his point of view which differed from that of one or two other people at the club. It wasn't Louis Carey against Bristol City, it was Louis Carey against one or two people at BCFC.

This is an example of a loyal servant who is caught up in a period of aggressive management and who has to leave in acrimonious circumstances. This is unfortunate. The fact that people then find it entertaining to slag off the poor chap afterwards is, as robbored says, disgraceful.

Whoops!

If he didn't sign the new contract, he couldn't serve out the year of service needed to qualify for the testimonial. That's not lying, that's just expressing things from his perspective. A perfectly reasonable perspective.

No. He merely presented his point of view which differed from that of one or two other people at the club. It wasn't Louis Carey against Bristol City, it was Louis Carey against one or two people at BCFC.

This is an example of a loyal servant who is caught up in a period of aggressive management and who has to leave in acrimonious circumstances. This is unfortunate. The fact that people then find it entertaining to slag off the poor chap afterwards is, as robbored says, disgraceful.

Yes, I can see how slagging people off who try to do their best for the club would go against the grain with you.

According to Steve Lansdown, the deal Louis was offered was worth MORE than his old deal, but it was conditional on appearances and performance. Louis obviously wasn't confident that he would play well in the majority of games. His choice.

Maybe he had lost confidence in the Chairman and his "new" manager !!!!

Whoops!

Sorry Edson. RedZepperin is spot on. Shame that you feel Carey's departure was well-handled by the club but then again, this regime can do no wrong in your eyes.

I also found your Incider 'cartoon' depicting Carey doing passing practice with his new Coventry team-mate (pictured in one of the stands) rather spiteful and unneccessary. It just sought to undermine and severely diminish any credibility you could have claimed to have when commenting on Carey.

Leave the lad alone and direct your vitriol towards the people who are doing real damage to this club instead.

Archived