IGNORED

City In The Top Six

cider head

Yeah, just who does he think he is using evidence and examples to construct an argument?

Come on, edson, when will you come to realise that using quotes to illustrate a contradiction is just not on? If you aren't going to abide by the rules of the forum, edson, then Adam will ban you for at least a month and you wouldn't want that now, would you?

Don't you just love it?

sarcastic wit - :)

Do you have an opinion of your own Orj - anything original :P

Maybe not. :city:

Sorry Madger,enlighten me as to which bit I missed?

Was it about not wanting DW sacked?

:)

Don't worry, Madger, allow me.

edson - "I never once asked for him to be sacked during the season"

edson - 1st June 2004 - "I only hope the board,the players and the supporters shortly get the opportunity to shake his hand,wish him well & look to the future without him"

30th May 2004 Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 0 Bristol City

Don't you just love it?

Do you have an opinion of your own richieb - anything factually accurate or true?

Maybe not.

Don't worry, Madger, allow me.

edson - "I never once asked for him to be sacked during the season"

edson - 1st June 2004 - "I only hope the board,the players and the supporters shortly get the opportunity to shake his hand,wish him well & look to the future without him"

30th May 2004 Brighton & Hove Albion 1 - 0 Bristol City

Don't you just love it? 

Do you have an opinion of your own richieb - anything factually accurate or true?

Maybe not.

Arrogant & sarcastic - nice traits.

As regards my post, all I would say is that you have pointed to the minor detail.

The detail within the Edson letter & post were just a collection of information that he had brought to the forum over a period of time.

Forget the date, just trawl through the detail of Edsons posts during the build up to 30th May.

I can still remember the conversation we had at Swindon when certain players were sat back on the coach (we know who pulls your strings!!)

Interesting how you continue to find the smallest detail to try & deflect the argument & turrn it into a be-littlement of the poster.

I am not sure who it is mean't to impress (or do I) ??

Yeah, just who does he think he is using evidence and examples to construct an argument?

Come on, edson, when will you come to realise that using quotes to illustrate a contradiction is just not on? If you aren't going to abide by the rules of the forum, edson, then Adam will ban you for at least a month and you wouldn't want that now, would you?

Oh yep, forgot a minor detail, as I don't think you managed to get a down to the game in question, but many of us were very privilaged to get told first hand that DW wouldn't be at the helm come next season (season that is)

But weve gone there.

:P

Arrogant & sarcastic - nice traits.

Thanks. You should try being correct, truthful and accurate sometime. It would allow you to justiiably develop those traits yourself. I won't hold my breath though.

As regards my post, all I would say is that you have pointed to the minor detail.

Well, you would, wouldn't you? Because you were wrong. Again. Never been one to let that worry you, though.

The detail within the Edson letter & post were just a collection of information that he had brought to the forum over a period of time.

Only edson can answer that fully but if you mean that he brought to the forum that he wanted Wilson sacked during the course of the season then I think you may be mistaken.

Forget the date, just trawl through the detail of Edsons posts during the build up to 30th May.

No thanks, I'll allow you to do that for me. Now, get to it.

I can still remember the conversation we had at Swindon when certain players were sat back on the coach (we know who pulls your strings!!)

Are you referring to a conversation you had with me or edson here, as it isn't very clear?

Interesting how you continue to find the smallest detail to try & deflect the argument & turrn it into a be-littlement of the poster.

It's the fine detail that makes all the difference though, I'm afraid. You'd do well to learn that. Although, I would beg to differ on whether the things that you refer to as fine detail actually are fine detail. To my mind, they are fairly fundamental cornerstones of your flimsy arguments.

I am not sure who it is mean't to impress (or do I) ??

I'm not trying to impress anyone. Well, except myself, maybe. The idea of posting to impress someone isn't something that had occured to me until you mentioned it, though. Who do you post to impress?

Now-now kiddies - this post started off as cheerful exposition of our good form and has descended a little, methinks.

At the risk of sounding a little wet, shall we all agree that occasionally we say things in anger and, yes sometimes we do sound arrogant and a tad sarcastic. Its when it descends into constant sniping that it gets silly.

How about this for a suggestion? Everyone's allowed three stupid, irrational, hypocritical or contradictory rants. After that, you're fair game for the search-nerds who will drag up every mis-spelling.

Bring it on........

• Admin
Now-now kiddies - this post started off as cheerful exposition of our good form and has descended a little, methinks.

At the risk of sounding a little wet, shall we all agree that occasionally we say things in anger and, yes sometimes we do sound arrogant and a tad sarcastic. Its when it descends into constant sniping that it gets silly.

How about this for a suggestion? Everyone's allowed three stupid, irrational, hypocritical or contradictory rants. After that, you're fair game for the search-nerds who will drag up every mis-spelling.

Bring it on........

But what happens if you've made "stupid, irrational, hypocritical or contradictory rants" on every day of your forum existence? :)

Not a fan of over-reaction then, Phatwill?

You won't like this post then.

:):city::D

Obviously there was a slight tinge of sarcasm/humour in that post edson, you know all about that kind of thing...

He survived the axe with a good win against Brentford, looks like Mr Tinnion will get the whole season now.

Long live the king, hope we get up for his sake.

Bring it on........

But you're forgetting the entertainment value. :) This is the sort of stuff that makes this forum so compelling.

Please continue... :city:

Bring it on........

Yep, I agree, I too get fed up.

Getting dragged into petty arguments with Edson & his 'boys'.

Ok, I am not very PC friendly & don't spell very well.

Even get spotted by the Admin guys for a particular spelling mistake.

I only wished I made such stupid rants for the search-nerds to keep dragging things up? :)

Come on Madger. To be fair, it isn't much of a fight.

Orj, for once I actually agree.

I thought you guys within Edson Towers, would have more to offer :P

Seriously,I would say one thing that you know very well.

Take the 'during season' bit out of the argument & you know very well that Edson led the anti DW brigade & while his post & clever politics have been highlighted, what was said on June 1st & 3rd was only a resume of what he had said in the build up to Cardiff.

In a way, I so wish now that DW had taken us up.Then perhaps we may have seen the old Edson back with flying colours.

Doubt whether Tinnion would have had so many guest's at his wedding (whoops)

Yep, I agree, I too get fed up.

Not sure what you are saying you get fed up with there but it is your choice to take part in this forum.

Getting dragged into petty arguments with Edson & his 'boys'.

I can't fathom how you think you were drawn into this argument by edson & his 'boys'. Your first post in the argument was a reply to him.

(Is that reply ok, edson? If not, let me know in the next 30 minutes and I'll edit it.)

Ok, I am not very PC friendly & don't spell very well.

You sometimes miss the odd comma from your sentences too.

Even get spotted by the Admin guys for a particular spelling mistake.

Dunno about that.

I only wished I made such stupid rants for the search-nerds to keep dragging things up? :)

Anyone know what he is saying here?

Orj, for once I actually agree.

I thought you guys within Edson Towers, would have more to offer :P

More then just the usual evidence of lies, self-contradiction and mistakes? Yeah, to be fair, we are slipping a bit. I'll make a mental note to buck my ideas up and send a memo to the rest of the Edson Towers propaganda machine to do the same.

Seriously,I would say one thing that you know very well.

Take the 'during season' bit out of the argument & you know very well that Edson led the anti DW brigade & while his post & clever politics have been highlighted, what was said on June 1st & 3rd was only a resume of what he had said in the build up to Cardiff.

No thanks. I'll leave the 'during season' bit in, if it's all the same. It does somewhat alter the argument.

In a way, I so wish now that DW had taken us up.Then perhaps we may have seen the old Edson back with flying colours.

So you didn't wish that he had taken us up before? Odd.

Doubt whether Tinnion would have had so many guest's at his wedding (whoops)

Not quite sure I follow your logic there.

You now wish that Wilson had taken us up.

You doubt whether Tins would have had so many guests at his wedding if that had happened.

That really is a bizarre leap of logic even by your standards.

And, why the whoops?

Whats the odd one out?

A fridge, a woman, a TV or a washing machine?

Its the TV because all the others leak when they're (I tried to say a naughty word)ed.

That is hilarious, I'm not sure if your last posting was  :)

Hey, I know I'm good but to have been hilarious when I wasn't trying to be would have been stretching it even by my lofty standards.

But what happens if you've made "stupid, irrational, hypocritical or contradictory rants" on every day of your forum existence?  :city:

You're being a bit harsh on yourself there, Madger. :P

Keep practising though and you'll be up there with Orj and richieb soon... :)

To get back to the original subject of this thread........

Before everyone gets too carried away, we all need to remember that promotion is decided at the END of the season, not half way through. We are on a great run just now, but you only have to think back to early this yeaar, it wasn't our winning run that cost us, it's what we did (or didn't do) when the run ended that ultimately cost us promotion!

After their unbeaten start, Luton lost 3 in a week, and evryone predicted their bubble had burst, but they've won everything since then and are outscoring us! Realistically, unless something dramatic happens, you have to expect them to be 1st or 2nd. This means we are fighting over 1 automatic spot.

After great wins over Tranmere and Hull , lots of posters think we must be the best, but our result at Bradford brings a bit of reality back. There is nothing to chose between the teams above and just below us. It is therefore crucial that we keep our inbeaten run going. Also, although we are playing attacking , high scoring football, it could be the scrappy games where we scrape a 1-0 win( Peterborough away, for example) that could just be the difference between play offs and automatic promotion.

A long way to go, and no reasson why this shouldn't be our year, but Tinnion has a tough job ahead to keep us fickle fans happy.

P.S. I was very reassured to see us managing to score 3 on Saturday withourt Leroy getting on the scoresheet. Dangerous to get overreliant on his goals.

To get back to the original subject of this thread........

After their unbeaten start, Luton lost 3 in a week, and evryone predicted their bubble had burst, but  they've won everything since then and are outscoring us! Realistically, unless something dramatic happens, you have to expect them to be 1st or 2nd. This means we are fighting over 1 automatic spot.

I'd almost forgotten there was a point to this thread that was vaguely related to whats happening now at the club and not going back over the crap surrounding DW.

As for something dramatic happening at Luton how's about Howard going?

According to SSN yesterday Kinnear is to return with a larger bid having had his original one turned down - could well upset the apple cart and will they find a replacement?

Archived