IGNORED

Offensive Or Not?

WesM

Fellow member Wishbone has been running to teacher complaining that my avatar image should be removed.

Does anyone else find this avatar offensive??

If the majority do then I will of course remove it, although I think it's amusing.

Not exactly hardcore is it?

Guest Tactical Genius

The Tactical Genius has disabled all avatars, signatures and smiley faces. But doesn't mind in the slightest if the children wish to use them.

Fellow member Wishbone has been running to teacher complaining that my avatar image should be removed.

If the majority do then I will of course remove it, although I think it's amusing.

Why would the face of a woman riding a mechanical bull be offensive? it's all in the mind, makes you wonder about Wishbones thought processes......

Of course it's offensive; sea-sickness is a tragic condition that blights the employment prospects of would-be mariners the world over. Exploiting the obvious suffering of that poor woman, who is clearly about to lose her lunch over the side of a small boat, is utterly unacceptable.

While we're about it,

this :D mocks the blind;

this :Sleep12: mocks sufferers from narcolepsy;

this :D mocks muslim women.

And they all take ages to download.

I'm with the tactical genius - disable the lot (with all due apologies to any people with disabilities, that is)

I'm with Wishbone on this one, though why you felt the need to publicly name the person shows a certain lack of respect for others' opinions.

There are some avatars/pics which do 'bother' some people for often inexplicable reasons - it's not just being prudish. If you have been quietly requested to consider changing an avatar the grown up thing to have done would have been to quietly remove it.

I'm with Wishbone on this one, though why you felt the need to publicly name the person shows a certain lack of respect for others' opinions.

There are some avatars/pics which do 'bother' some people for often inexplicable reasons - it's not just being prudish.  If you have been quietly requested to consider changing an avatar the grown up thing to have done would have been to quietly remove it.

Just out of Interest.... Are You Steve's Wife? :D

what is wrong with people these days? :@ there is nothing wrong with the Avatar as mentioned it's not exactly Hardcore the lady may just be trying to park a car & just having a Kevin the teeager Moment!! :D

Personally I don't have a problem with it, but I do question whether this is an appropriate place to display an image like that. My son is now 16 and would probably find it very amusing, but I wouldn't have wanted to try and explain it to him say five years ago.

Like it or not, this is a public forum open to all, and I think your avatar goes beyone what is acceptable.

There are some avatars/pics which do 'bother' some people for often inexplicable reasons - it's not just being prudish.  If you have been quietly requested to consider changing an avatar the grown up thing to have done would have been to quietly remove it.

Your avatar is offensive to me. It clearly shows the footprints of a

badger that is about to be run over by a car, please remove that filth.

Get a life, are you Mary Whitehouse or summat? :dunno:

Guest bristolbred

Let's name and shame EVERYONE!!, and then in that way, we are not being picky, choosy, on any particular person!!, ;)

This :dunno: mocks people with sight problems,

This :blush: mocks people who believe in the Bible,

This :Sleep15: mocks people with necolarpsy,

This :P mocks happy lesbians.

Anyway, back to the avtar's, i think that the good lady is on a booze cruise, and the sea is a little bit rough!!!, ;)

And Bush is trying to count!!, :dunno:

Get a life, are you Mary Whitehouse or summat? :dunno:

That particular avatar does not bother me ( though it doesn't do much for me either :P ).

It was more that I agree with the principle that if it bothers someone it is easy enough to alter it.

I also have just realised that's it's easy enough as a user to set your options so that they don't show people's avatars and signatures - perhaps we sensitive types should do that :dunno:

It certainly does bother me!!!!

The only way you can reverse my feelings is to either :-

a) display the whole image OR

b) advise what film this is from so that I may purchase

:dunno::dunno::blush:;);)

I do apologise for being so presumptious.

I'd like to distance myself from Neo's coomments above!  :dunno:

That's not what you said on your P.M. and I copy/paste :-

"Thanks for the back-up Neo. Bl00dy women. You'd think that would have better things to do than worry about a picture of a girl in the throws of passion.

They really should stick to housework and only use the computer for their QVC shopping!

Anyway, laters"

Personally, I felt the QVC comment was a tad strong, however, agree with the sentiments mate. :dunno:

A blatant attempt to steal best avater me thinks!  :dunno:

When are those forum awards anyway?  I notice Edson has stepped up his post count again  :dunno:

Aha! You've just inadvertently admitted that I'm not on your 'ignore' list.

You'll never catch me admitting such a thing about you...

Archived