IGNORED

Mark Robins On A Free

Claverham_Red

Sorry, i stole this from Rivals by a poster called red-hero but i couldn't have put it better myself.

Robins is the type of striker that turns a 0-0 draw at Wrexham into 1-0 win. He's the type of striker that nicks a goal out of nothing when a team is not playing well and he can do it 25 times a season. He's the type of striker that gets teams promoted.

Miller has a lot of potential, but he won't score 20+ goals this season. Same goes for Roberts & Lita. Signing Robins would not have to be a reflection on the strikers currently at the club. They are all young and learning their trade. None of them are seasoned poachers and watching Robins would only be a good thing for their careers.

This is such a tiresome topic :Sleep15: .

Robins can`t even get the Rotheram side despite the fact they are struggling to score goals.

Plus - he's slow, lazy and doesn`t contribute eough to the team.Last season`s City`s goals were exactly that - last season.Forget Robins.

So who is this creative midfielder who can single-handedly create loads of goal-scoring chances ? And is he free ?

Unless one appears we should bring Robins to Ashton Gate - it won't cost us anything and while we aren't creating enough chances its surely even more important that we have someone who takes the few chances we DO make ?

Guest john barnes

We have to get him if hes on a free !difference he would bring is that he would double the amount of players on the pitch with a brain and bring our very low scoring midfielders into the game more instead of looking for a ball over the top everytime our righ or left back gets the ball, Plus his 1st touch actually stays at his feet, a novelty at this level!!

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

over the last few games we have actually created a fair few chances , i mean look at the saints game , we could of been 2 nil up at half time if we had a clinical stirker , don't get me wrong i think peacock is great , but we shouldnt be relying souly on 1 player :Confused13:

We don't need him. What we need is someone who can create chances for the goal scorers we already have.

Actually, we've had the same number of shots on goal (176) in the same number of matches (16) as at the same time last season. The difference is that last year we'd scored 31 (at 5.7 shots/goal); this year its only 18 (9.7 s/g), a significant drop in quality.

Our tighter defence reduces the Murray effect (he'd scored 10) but even so we have been about five or six goals short so far. It really isn't very difficult to think back to that number of good chances that should-have been taken; at times when they'd have made a points difference too, in turn, improving confidence and the home atmosphere.

But never mind the "good" chances, never mind trying to walk the ball in, what about seizing on the half-chances, the could-haves and bundling a few in by sheer will-power? There's been no shortage of opportunuty in so many of this season's matches.

Whilst Lee Peacock has gone someway to closing the gap (8 from 44 = 5.5/g), the rest of the team are striking at 13.1 s/g which is relegation stuff! ... either we keep our fingers crossed the lads find their shooting boots and soon, or we consider bringing in a class act (maybe on loan) to give things the lift Robins provided last March ... but we can't carry on failing to take the chances that do come our way for much longer.

Actually, we've had the same number of shots on goal (176) in the same number of matches (16) as at the same time last season. The difference is that last year we'd scored 31 (at 5.7 shots/goal); this year its only 18 (9.7 s/g), a significant drop in quality.

Spot on!

We desperately need a natural goalscorer in our team, any side that has promotion aspirations needs one.

Whether or not Robins is the answer I'm not sure but I can't imagine his wages at ROTHERHAM can be that high.

Possibly worth a gamble...

Last season Robins scored to give us the lead against Northampton and Cheltenham which we went on to win 2-1 and 3-1 respectively, scored in the 1-0 win over Peterborough and scored away to Swindon in the 1-1 draw. This man can score us vital goals at crucial times in games. Nuff said.

Despite what I've said before I think I might be persuaded. If he cost's nothing, really want's to come, is so "desperate" to play 1st team football he's prepared to fit in the wage structure and he signs until the summer of 2005 at the latest.

Then go for it, some of the kids could learn a lot from him.

I think RedUn has "hit the nail on the head", id say hes got to be worth the gamble but i fear our trusted manager has to much pride resting on the 300 + grand he spent on miller.

Imagine the scene as Danny climbs the steps to SL office to say " well maybe that 300k was not the great investmant 4 months ago and we now need a proven scorer"

We can all see it, and maybe Robins is the answer but I fear we will never find out.

Stu on tuesdya we created a number of chances but the strikers just weren't there. Also to create chances you need to have the movement from the strikers. When Robins signed last year I thought it was a bad move because I thought we lacked creativity but he added something up front and made his on creativity by his movement

ive been reading all these messages looking for someone to say a name of a player to become your creative spark in the middle of the park, well the name you want is under your noses - Lee Miller.

I have mentioned before that he was capped at Scottish Youth Level as a attacking midfielder ( i know ull think Scottish Youth Level but don't knock it ) so as Lee isnt an out and out striker, playing behind a front two of Peacock and Robins( as thats all I'm hearing ) might benefit Bristol City further.

Any comments ????? :Confused13:

Archived