IGNORED

Were Be You From?

Mr Mosquito

Was born in BRI, Lived in Shirehampton till I was 2, then move to Lawrence Weston till I was 8. Since then spent the last 12 years of my life in a dump they call Gloucester, Longlevens for 10 years, last 2 years in Hucclecote.

Kingswood born Kingswood bred dance.gif 25years; 2 years Glos; 3 in Edinburough, now 20years back in Quedgeley w00t.gif Glos sad.giffarmer.gif

Born in a green corner of rebel Africa-sadly it no longer exists..........lived yer for too many years.Glos, Bucks, Germany, Bucks...........City fan cos of me Clifton born mam......

Rich- you a scaley brat?

Guest we8thegas
Born Lawrence weston

then Shirehampton

then Tonbridge

then Tunbridge Wells

now Colchester................dunno why!!!! dunno.gif

Myself born southmead hospital

Patchwaytill5

Shirehamptontill8

Lawrence westontill15

Shirehamptontill20

Lawrence weston at present @28

I be from............. Darzet

Born in a little village on the outskirts of Poole ...... traditionally the good people of Poole were for the 'Lord Of The Fens' and laid siege to the castle at Corfe

Bristol City FC..... It's not just for Christmas

You struck a chord with me there mate biggrin.gif I used to sit on my grand-fathers knee and he used to tell me - in a very broad St Judes Bristolian accent - tales of Bristolian pirates and of the great 'Lord of the Fens' i.e. Cromwell himself and of how Bristol City FC would one day dominate English football w00t.gifwhistling.gif

Born in delightful Surrey then...

Tehran

Hilversum

Pontefract

Lockerley

Southampton

Romsey

But more importantly lived in Bristol for the last 26 Years, easily the longest so thats home.

my boys all born here, each got a share in the club.

teaching them to support their local side!

(whether they like it or not)

devil.gif

Ah Rutand.............. a rotten borough I believe, historically?

And home of the classic ........ Rutland Weekend Television?

As it happens, I was driving through Rutland (the smallest county in Britain?)today on my way home to the outskirts of Peterborough.

I was born in Southmead, lived in Fishponds and Downend before work took me away to Eastbourne, East Grinstead and finally Peterborough.

First footy was being taken to Eastville by my Grandad who lived in Muller Road and was a Rovers fan but I was soon cured of that and it's been purgetory ever since!

Erm... My dad was in the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards... So my family tour of duty did the popular army haunts of Warminster, Fallingbostel and Catterick "bloomin" Garrison.

No offence, how'd you end up a Swindon fan............ blink.gif

Fallingbostel is a fun place innit? Belsen nearby, also is the old POW camp site there still?

You struck a chord with me there mate  biggrin.gif I used to sit on my grand-fathers knee and he used to tell me - in a very broad St Judes Bristolian accent - tales of Bristolian pirates and of the great 'Lord of the Fens' i.e. Cromwell himself and of how Bristol City FC would one day dominate English football  w00t.gif  whistling.gif

Hail Tinnions 'New Model Army' .................. yes, he still needs to convince me but I am prepared to be laid siege to biggrin.gif

"UP THE CITY" as my dear old NAN Bristol used to say

As it happens, I was driving through  Rutland (the smallest county in Britain?)today on my way home to the outskirts of Peterborough.

I was born in Southmead, lived in Fishponds and Downend before work took me away to Eastbourne, East Grinstead and finally Peterborough.

First footy was being taken to Eastville by my Grandad who lived in Muller Road and was a Rovers fan but I was soon cured of that and it's been purgetory ever since!

Ah .................. but you know it was worth it biggrin.gif

They say .........' The Best Steel Goes Through The Fire'

born Southmead Hospital

Backwell

Filton (played football in Henbury ; tried out for city they didn't want me)

Clifton

Yate

Portsmouth

Patchway

Portsmouth

Cambridge, Ontario, Canada (missing the bright lights of bristle..)

No offence, how'd you end up a Swindon fan............ blink.gif

Fallingbostel is a fun place innit? Belsen nearby, also is the old POW camp site there still?

My dad used to support them (he follows Chippenham Town now farmer.gif ) ... My step-dad is Aberdeen, my brothers are Man Utd, Blackburn ( dunno.gif ) and Arsenal. I'm the only Swindon fan in my family nowadays.

Belsen (where Ann Frank died) is there in ruin... Haven't been to Fally in many years but my time in Germany was among the best years of my life to date!

I do look out for Hanover 96's results too!

Born in southmead hospital

Lived in hartcliffe till 9

Bemmy down till 18

moved to broom hill with bird

back to hartcliffe till 21

moved back with parents to bishopsworth, till now.

Always been red and white.Me old man used to play for city and rovers youth teams in the late 60's early 70's but chose to marry my mum instead of making a life as a pro footballer.Still cant believe that! I have been a season ticket holder for 4 years and i live and breathe Bristol City city.gif

Knowle west...........

Thats it apart from a stint in plymouth

what an exciting life i lead  farmer.gif

For some reason.... unknown...... when I was a nipper and visited my 'Nan Bristol' in Bemmie for holidays....... I always thought that 'Knowle West' was where the Gassers lived.

Please do not think that is what I think now.... I would have only been 8 or 10 years old then biggrin.gif

I do remember.......... that 'Knowle West Rules' was sprayed in many places around Bemmie ...... anyone want to admit to spraying that around town?

We'd be looking at 1972-1974 ????????????????????????

Guest SteveinNC
Well I'll start this one.....I was born at Southmead hospital, Bristol and spent my formative years living in South Bristol - that's why I'll always be Bristol City FC 'til I die - just like Marcus Stewart  biggrin.gif  Marcus Stewart is the lost son returned while most of us never deviated from the faith.  farmer.gif

So....were be you from?  laugh.gif

Oh dear! I think we have done this before, a few times! blink.gif But here goes. I was born at the BRI in 1952. Lived in Lansdown Rd., Redland until 1978. We then moved to Fishponds. I emigrated to the USA in 1982.

I was born in the front room of a house in Church Rd, Kingswood. Lived in that place until the mid 80's. Then moved all the way to the house next door. Lived there until May of last year, when I moved over to Colorado to get married to a woman I met online. If I have my way, we'll end up living in Australia. I've been fascinated by that country ever since I was a kid. I'd love to move there. smile.gif

Southmead Hospital.....Henbury.......Southville......Headley Park......Whitchurch.......Winterbourne........Oldland Common.....Polgooth (St.Austell).......Purley, last 13 years Albuquerque,New Mexico.

Archived