IGNORED

Were Be You From?

Mr Mosquito

Born Bristol Maternity Hospital.

Moved from Hotwells to Lime road Bemmy (off North St) when I was 6 months. Had several City players as near neighbours over the years.

Bought a Barratt Box in Clevedon when I was 21

Then Knowle, St Annes and now Keynsham.

Thats about as far out from the City I want to get.

Although my wife insists that the timeshare in Florida is our real home and we only holiday here for 50 weeks of the year. banghead.gifdoh.gif

76-94 Bridgwater.

94-96 Stoke on Trent.

96-97 Crumpsall, Manchester.

97-98 Stoke on Trent.

98-00 Erdington, Birmingham.

00-01 Sutton Coldfield.

01-02 Stratford upon Avon.

02-03 Solihull.

03-04 Kings Norton, Birmingham.

Last summer Mrs KNR decided that she wanted to move back West and we're now living in Longwell Green.

Born in Southmead, grew up in North Bristol (out in the sticks.. Frampton Cotterill!) and then lived in chronological order;

Downend

Kingswood

Hotwells

Keynsham

Johannesburg

Cape Town

Abidjan

Cairo

Dubai

I win for the most airmiles!!

I might give you a run for the airmiles Ben......are you in the diamond trade ?

ahhh Quedgeley, the area that people say is on the up, well they do indeed have Tesco's there don't they.

Unfortunately yes.Its (Quedgeley) just a car park, me mate lives in Hucclecote w00t.gif wish I could afford to live somewhere posh like Willsbridge w00t.gifdoh.gif

Born in Birmingham, then (in order):

Quinton, West Midlands (1 year)

Halesowen, West Midlands (5 years)

Portishead (12 years) city.gif

Dartford, Kent (2 years) costumed-smiley-089.gif

Portishead (1 year) city.gif

Dartford, Kent (1 year) costumed-smiley-089.gif

Portishead (5 years) city.gif

Coombe Dingle, Bristol (4 years) city.gif

Washington, DC, USA (5 years) englandsmile4wf.gif

Well, I'm (very!) bored at work, so:

Born Southmead hospital and then the folks moved around like a couple of gypsies (Shirehampton, Muller Road, Little Stoke, Thornbury, Benidorm, Cotham) until at age 11 we settled in Pill (Pill I love Thee Still - Not!) where I festered until moving to Birmingham (and I thought Pill was bad) for University. Back to Pill for a bit and then a couple of exceptionally drunken years in Buckingham.

I was then banished to the penal isle that is Guernsey for a crime I didn't commit (honest, Guv!) . After six months languishing in that hell-hole of cheap booze and all-day drinking I escaped my captivity, like Napoleon, determined to conquer the world.

I landed in Barnstaple and laid low for six months whilst I plotted my campaign. Then, with my strategy in place, I marched back to Bristol and set up headquarters in Totterdown. Now Totterdown is a fine place but I was still young and had dreams of glory and so began my attempt to conquer London.

Nine years of bitter struggle followed. My enemies were many, my allies were few. My tactics were to keep on the move. Twickenham, Vauxhall, Kilburn, Barnet, Finchley (Central and North), Cricklewood and even Watford all served as temporary resting places until battered and weary I beat retreat back to Bristol.

I was nursed back to health by kindly sympathisers who put me up in some style in their cottage in Long Ashton but, not wanting to burden them any longer than necessary, I soon moved to Ashton, just round the corner from my beloved Ashton Gate. Here I was settled and happy but not for long. Family duty called and I was back in Pill. Now I love my family but there is only so much sacrifice a chap can make and so after a year I made a break for it.

Out of the frying pan into the fire! Dazed and confused I found myself behind enemy lines in St George. I kept my head down for a couple of months then, as soon as the coast was clear, I fled for my life. Slightly paranoid after such a lucky escape I decided I needed high ground and so, ignoring suggestions that Barrow Gurney might be just the spot for me, I made camp at the top of Windmill Hill from where I would reflect on my failed quest for glory as I gazed out over my beloved city. I was happy and I might have stayed there for the rest of my days.

It was not to be, however. Vicious minnions of the Evil Ones that rule over us paid me an unwelcome visit and demanded money from me with extreme menace, so much money that I could not afford to pay. I beat a hasty retreat to Wells but in my heart I knew that there was only one thing to do and that was to mount a new campaign against London.

And so here I am, back in the Big Smoke, ready for battle. This time though things will be different. Last time I concentrated most of my efforts in the North. This time I shall be spending my time South of the River. In fact, I've found myself a base in a cracking little place called Waterloo...

Well, I'm (very!) bored at work, so:

Born Southmead hospital and then the folks moved around like a couple of gypsies (Shirehampton, Muller Road, Little Stoke, Thornbury, Benidorm, Cotham) until at age 11 we settled in Pill (Pill I love Thee Still - Not!) where I festered until moving to Birmingham (and I thought Pill was bad) for University.  Back to Pill for a bit and then a couple of exceptionally drunken years in Buckingham.

I was then banished to the penal isle that is Guernsey for a crime I didn't commit (honest, Guv!) . After six months languishing in that hell-hole of cheap booze and all-day drinking I escaped my captivity, like Napoleon, determined to conquer the world.

I landed in Barnstaple and laid low for six months whilst I plotted my campaign. Then, with my strategy in place, I marched back to Bristol and set up headquarters in Totterdown. Now Totterdown is a fine place but I was still young and had dreams of glory and so began my attempt to conquer London.

Nine years of bitter struggle followed. My enemies were many, my allies were few. My tactics were to keep on the move. Twickenham, Vauxhall, Kilburn, Barnet, Finchley (Central and North), Cricklewood and even Watford all served as temporary resting places until battered and weary I beat retreat back to Bristol.

I was nursed back to health by kindly sympathisers who put me up in some style in their cottage in Long Ashton but, not wanting to burden them any longer than necessary, I soon moved to Ashton, just round the corner from my beloved Ashton Gate. Here I was settled and happy but not for long. Family duty called and I was back in Pill. Now I love my family but there is only so much sacrifice a chap can make and so after a year I made a break for it.

Out of the frying pan into the fire! Dazed and confused I found myself behind enemy lines in St George. I kept my head down for a couple of months then, as soon as the coast was clear, I fled for my life. Slightly paranoid after such a lucky escape I decided I needed high ground and so, ignoring suggestions that Barrow Gurney might be just the spot for me, I made camp at the top of Windmill Hill from where I would reflect on my failed quest for glory as I gazed out over my beloved city. I was happy and I might have stayed there for the rest of my days.

It was not to be, however. Vicious minnions of the Evil Ones that rule over us paid me an unwelcome visit and demanded money from me with extreme menace, so much money that I could not afford to pay. I beat a hasty retreat to Wells but in my heart I knew that there was only one thing to do and that was to mount a new campaign against London.

And so here I am, back in the Big Smoke, ready for battle. This time though things will be different. Last time I concentrated most of my efforts in the North. This time I shall be spending my time South of the River. In fact, I've found myself a base in a cracking little place called Waterloo...

A simple "Born in Southmead Hospital" would of been sufficient wink.gif

Southmead Hospital,

Horfield, school's Bishop Road and Cotham.

Nottingham (Lenton)

Manchester (Chorlton Cum Hardy)

Birmingham (Kings Norton)

Cheltenham

Birmingham (Moseley)

Coventry

Lancaster

Poulton Le Fylde

Newcastle under Lyme

Sandbach

Now in the middle of nowhere about 5 miles from Garstang.

Sarf London la la la, Sarf London la la la.

Lancaster for 4 years before going back to Sarf London for 11 years.

Last 5 in Costa Geriatrica (Worthing).

Looking at moving to South Devon before the end of summer (edging closer to Bristol - I reckon by the time I reach 60, I might've made it.....)

Guest Dolman Moaner

Born Southmead Hospital 1970

Lived.........

"Wivvywood" 1970-1976

Weston Super Mud 1976-1978

Whitchurch 1978-1981

Then Neo moved in next door crying.gif so we moved to a different

part of Whitchurch.

Different part of Whitchurch 1981-1992

Brislington (left the family nest) 1992-2000 (Neo followed me again) ph34r.gif

Back in sunny Whitchurch 2000-Present day !

Ah. RAF ?

GCHQ, Digby, 9th Sigs, etc.. ?

Or not maybe  w00t.gif

Pretty good guesses there.

It was 9 Signals Unit for Cheltenham, not Digby but Coningsby for Lincoln.

The Rutland one is easy as all the county consists of is a lake, town and an airbase.

Unfortunately yes.Its (Quedgeley) just a car park, me mate lives in Hucclecote w00t.gif wish I could afford to live somewhere posh like Willsbridge w00t.gif  doh.gif

Hucclecote is quite cool, shame only one pub to go to (Royal Oak) well aside from The Harvester

My ex lives in Quedgeley, so been in that rather large pub which is next door to tesco a few times, it aint to bad in there.

Born in Cheltenham, lived in Gloucestershire for 19 years then Lancaster for 3, High Wycombe for 2 and moving to Leeds next month.

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif Well said.

I'm from Cheltenham farmer.gif  farmer.gif  farmer.gif

Cheltenham? boooooo. I must say i honestly cant stand that place neither, Snobs galore

Archived