I am free'

With thanks to Ray Davies.

From a similar era BBB,

'I was born, lucky me

In a land that I love.

Though I'm poor,

I am free'

With thanks to Ray Davies.

......that could be a ballad to describe those of us born at Southmead hospital - born to support the City (lucky me), born to be poor but free - that does describe me biggrin.gif

• Admin

Born BMH (when it was in Clifton)

Bedminster (Mead Street, when it still had houses)

Knowle Park (Maxie Road)

Whitchurch (Bridge Farm when it was built)

Southville

Bedminster

Whitchurch

So apart from the briefest of forced sojourns North of the water, I'm a South of the River boy and proud of it.

So all I need now is a suitablle pennance for my parents, surely forcing me to be born North of the River is child cruelty - perhaps I should put them into a really shabby old peoples home.................

Born BMH (when it was in Clifton)

So all I need now is a suitablle pennance for my parents, surely forcing me to be born North of the River is child cruelty - perhaps I should put them into a really shabby old peoples home.................

Most BCFC supporters in this thread were born North of the River Avon ohmy.gif Seems that about half the BCFC supporters, that replied on this thread, were born at Southmead hospital. Most BCFC supporters have thus come into this world via Southmead hospital, so I reckon Steve Lansdown and Bristol City FC should do something to honour that hospital as it's literally the lifeblood of this club.

Southmead hospital - the BCFC support production facility. city.gif

Born Almondsbury Hospital and lived in Pilning til 10, Backwell til 18 and then London, Hong Kong, Bahrain, London, Geneva, Basingstoke and now Singapore.

One day hope to return and live locally but not for a while yet me thinks.

Great another person who was born in Almondsbury hospital thought I was the only one Megansdad sad.gif

Guest kendal_red

Kendal,Lake District, my Dads Bristol born & bred (Charfield) & I've very happily followed in his footsteps englandsmile4wf.gifcity.gif Since the age of 11 (38 now) the miles I've done.....

Born Southmead also!!!

raised in Thornbury attending the castle school from 88 - 93. Thornbury is a pretty even mix of City and G*s, although the younger generation tend to favour the boys in red.

Moved to London after Uni and married - a city fan of course!!

We drive around the posh(ish) suburb of Wimbledon with city sticker firmly in tact on our rear windscreen!!!

My first game was the Freight Rover Semi final v's Aldershot in 1987, and my second game was the final at Wembley itself. Been hooked ever since.

englandsmile4wf.gifcity.gif

Born Southmead also!!!

raised in Thornbury attending the castle school from 88 - 93. Thornbury is a pretty even mix of City and G*s, although the younger generation tend to favour the boys in red.

Moved to London after Uni and married - a city fan of course!!

We drive around the posh(ish) suburb of Wimbledon with city sticker firmly in tact on our rear windscreen!!!

My first game was the Freight Rover Semi final v's Aldershot in 1987, and my second game was the final at Wembley itself. Been hooked ever since.

englandsmile4wf.gif  city.gif

Southmead to Wimbledon! Now there's a contrast! :Profl2br.gif

Archived