IGNORED

Naughty Naughty Boys

DolmanDudess

As far as I am aware, no one has mentioned the "subbers" as being blamed for the problems - just people who persistently stand.

then you need to read the other thread and look at posts by 0321 and someother person whos name eludes be at this moment, they are blaiming the subbers.

they both seem like they are very angry at us for some reason or the other, they havent actualy said why though snack.gif

so you never looked at atyeo H block or dolman a and b block then??

they have stood through games a hell of a lot more than g block has.. this was the first ever game.

But NO ONE ever kicked up so much of a fuss then.. Why now???

I think we know the answer to that question

Guest WillsbridgeRed
1st of all its 0312 and secondly i blame the subbers as they made this g block thingy into a big thing and attracted people to it in turn who thought they could stand as its a singing area

Look 90210 you can't blame the subbers for people standing. We all sit when nothing is going on, we did last year. Why people thought they'd be able to stand is down to their own ignorance of the way things work

I know people stand in the ayteo h block as thats where i SIT, But the people that do stand r the drummers and they have no choice to stand as you cant sit down and bang a drum as there aint the room.

Oh I see, so it's ok to stand if you bring a drum!

Well obviously we'll all turn up with drums next week and it's problem solved

But the people that do stand r the drummers and they have no choice to stand as you cant sit down and bang a drum as there aint the room.

Then they shouldn't be banging drums.

Persistent standing is not allowed without exception as I understood it?

1st of all its 0312 and secondly i blame the subbers as they made this g block thingy into a big thing and attracted people to it in turn who thought they could stand as its a singing area

wrong, we have never said stand up we have said lets get in g-block

and get behined your team.

do you sit in g-block? if so and you don't like it why go there?

for months we have had polls and qusetions about where should we

go for a singing area and everyone, not just subbers voted g-block

not just subbers but evey form of fan agreed it would be a good idea.

A.not many sit there

B.the only place free with no large existing season ticket holders there

already as in other blocks.

C.the club could have said no but let us go there when we made a block booking

D.the club moved the family area from the dolman to the atyeo so we thought the

corner of the dolman was best place to go without annoying to many.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
But i thought that you lot hated the band???Maybe you should of said when u were going on about this g block that were not there to stand. as i remember from last season i saw alot of standing in the williams. I don't blame you or wilksi for standing I'm just blaming the peeps who did.

AH someone from the band/H block having a go at the subbers, it all makes sense now.

And make your mind up, one minute you're blaming the subbers for the standing, now you're saying me and Wilksi aren't?

as i remember you dint ask anyone where they wanted to go you decided amongest yourselfs. I think I'm goin to book a block then so i can smoke as much as i want and get the club to put a fag on the stadim plans and supply me with a ashtray.

YOu've been here since the 6th of August

Yet again, illinformed about something

as i remember you dint ask anyone where they wanted to go you decided amongest yourselfs. I think I'm goin to book a block then so i can smoke as much as i want and get the club to put a fag on the stadim plans and supply me with a ashtray.

sorry but no.. OTIB VOTE POLL open to everyone

Apr 17 2005, 4:11 PM

Calling All, williams E-Blockers

WHERE SHALL THE E-BLOCK SIT NEXT SEASON?

subbers and e-blockers and singers..

looking for a new area to sit next season and people are

welcome to join in to make a singing atmosphere but where

in the ground shall we do it? season tickets etc...

1 ATYEO CORNER / MIDDLE

2 DOLMAN CORNER

3 WILLIAMS OTHER CORNER

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...86entry292486

IF THE CLUB DID NOT WANT IT THEY WOULD HAVE BLOCKED THE MOVE

oh yes... i don't smoke thank you, i hate it but those who smoke that's up

to them...

user posted image

now I'm confused..

if I take a drum in I can stand for the whole game and not get chucked out of an all seater stadium.

CYNIC!!! come on quick, we need to start on the band, as they have been standing for years..

don't tell me you support the standing? it goes against everything else you have said on every thread!!!

now I'm confused..

if I take a drum in I can stand for the whole game and not get chucked out of an all seater stadium.

CYNIC!!! come on quick, we need to start on the band, as they have been standing for years..

don't tell me you support the standing? it goes against everything else you have said on every thread!!!

One rule for one and one for another.

The club don't want fervent support, just support. If they wanted singing they would have classed Dolman Block G as a singing area; it is not like the board were not asked and consulted.

It all goes back to the chav element who joined Block E as a one-off for the Everton game. We have been labelled and no amount of co-operation has or will shift that tag.

Who was called in to the security booth a couple of games later. Not one of the element intent on trouble as I recall! whistling.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed
How can i be illinformed?i go to the games i have friends in near enough every block of every stand and some other friends of mine are stewards and turnstile operitves. So i think i am well informed. 6th augest? obviously don't remember me then.

rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif

yea i got a season ticket in the ayteo h block

I take it you are aware from H drum and bass or whatever his name is that some fan's don't like the band?

Do I take it this is your main reason for joining in this thread or are you bigger than that?

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Yes i am aware that most people hate the band but there here to stay and on saturday made a decent atmosphere. There was a thread earlier in the summer about the band i remember and i was the one arguing for it, and the subbers were against it.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

You've managed to get something correct

right lets change this round a bit then:

Yes i am aware that most people hate the SUBBERS but there here to stay and on saturday made a decent atmosphere. There was a thread earlier in the summer about the SUBBERS i remember and i was the one arguing for it, and the BAND were against it.

54321, if you're so concerned with safety then why are you supporting people who bring drum and block a safe exit? I remember that i went a cropper once falling over a drum in the east end.

I believe it's due to the band killing the atmosphere that we're in the situation where people have to move as far away as possible from them to get some proper songs going. This also creates the little pockets of singers people keep talking about.

Band out!

I hardly attend home matches anymore as I live and work in London

But I always thought the atmosphere at games was better when people were on their feet singing and cheering the City on

The players need all the encouragement they can get and standing and singing is the pre-cursor for that

Anyway, this is an old argument....I better get back to work....

Sorry if I appear a bit thick, but why does anyone need to stand in order to sing?

Is it not possible to sing whilst sitting?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

haha.funny.maybe we should all come together and merge. Think of the in house arguments.

The offers been made to join up

None of the pot bangers responded

Yes i am aware that most people hate the band but there here to stay and on saturday made a decent atmosphere. There was a thread earlier in the summer about the band i remember and i was the one arguing for it, and the subbers were against it.

explain subbers against it, as i've read things most people did not like the band

near them and most people have come from this website long before the sub site.

my view on the band is i'm not bothered they do there thing and fair play to them

so the subbers are not directly against the band just a few people who post on ALL

the forums, having said that there are people who like the band.#

whatever floats your boat wink.gif

Doesn't that tell you and the band something. People would be happier if they left their drums at home, like the other clubs who had bands have done. Atmosphere was loud before band turned up.

Band out!

The Subbers were against it? You can't label a whole group of fans on the comments of 2 or 3 surely?

I went on record on this forum changing my opinion and stating that I think a drum or 2 can aid the atmosphere IF the singers drive the drum and not vice-versa.

It's the trumpeting I think doesn't help.

At the end of the day, my opinion and who cares about that? I don't most of the time!

But, last night, in the chat-room h block etc. etc bloke logs in and what was his sum total of input:-

Neo is a women

Stylus is a women

I try to correct him that he meant woman, still!

I moved on from my comments about the band a year ago. How sad that the band still try to criticise the same posters at every opportunity and a shame that they involve themselves in every thread remotely knocking the Subbers.

Surely we are talking about 2 groups of people intent on the same thing. Atmosphere at the Ashton Gate library?

To quote Star Wars :- "this bickering is pointless".

Perhaps 999 if you agree, you can suggest this at band-camp?

About time

Perhaps 999 if you agree, you can suggest this at band-camp?

There was this one time... at band camp... we thought to ourselves, how can we ruin the atmosphere at ashton gate? I know every time a song has a chance of taking off, we can blast something irrelevent down our trumpet and if that fails we can bang, bang, bang it to death with our drums. Yes, this should work!

Band Out!

They were trying the hardest to get fans in the Town End to sit down last night which was followed by the unoriginal yet highly hilarious chants of "stand up if..."

F.A. must be tightening up on this business... tis fair enough though... It's a decade since most terraces disappeared.

I for one believe that the subbers should come into the ayteo, No room .B******t, Your sub crew aint that big, How many tickets r on genrel sale everyweek, 500+ enough room for u all, we would be happy to c u lot in there as were always moaning at the rest of atyeo to join in with us, As the ayteo is the end the away team attacks in the 1st half we should all gather there and make it as intimadating as possible. And then in th 2nd half roar r team on to victory when the attack the ayteo.

belive me we went to book tickets in the atyeo as most of the subbers are

season ticket holders and the club said they could not relocate such a large

group of season ticket holders in that corner due to people given first refusal

on renewal, the lady in the shop showed us the computer screen lay out.

if we were pay as you go fans we would give it a try but we would be scattered.

OK, how does this effect half time then when nearly the entire ground are stood up. With half time entertainment, people sat down might want to view the pitch as well.

If someone falls, a domino effect can also happen.

The club will have to enforce this rule for half time as well as the matchtime as the basic principles are the same. ( Fans wanting a seated view and H&S regs )

OK, how does this effect half time then when nearly the entire ground are stood up. With half time entertainment, people sat down might want to view the pitch as well.

If someone falls, a domino effect can also happen.

The club will have to enforce this rule for half time as well as the matchtime as the basic principles are the same. ( Fans wanting a seated view and H&S regs )

Unfortunately, I don't think the statement is wholly about safety. It is the excuse to hide behind ph34r.gif

The statement should read something like

' During boring periods of the game, fans are not allowed to stand up in a safe manner and cheer on the team, they must sit. In times of excitment, or a goal scored, everyone can jump up and down in complete madness, and if possible jump on each other in a dangerous way '

( Scratching head as logic says this doesn't make sense but its the rules )

Nothing strange about it mate. Everyone should sit down. If they don't, chuck 'em out.

That's my view.

dunno.gif

Go on, Go on tell the Gold Ticket holders that............there'd be virtually no one in the Gate, and it REALLY would be a poxy library...........its football, its exciting (ok stretching a point with our lot at the mo biggrin.gif ) people jump up, christ its almost human in in nature, feelings, innocent.gif

Archived