IGNORED

Sad Demise Of A Legend....

everreddy

...just got back...left early (first time ever, before you slag me off)

Tinman was a legend as a player.

Sadly, he will go down as one of our worst managers....not quite as bad as Pulis.

No tactical awareness, ability to motivate and inspire, or knowledge of his players' strengths, or a capability to blend good players into a winning team.

I think we all knew Tinnion never should've been made manager in the first place. We all wanted him to if he could do well cus it would add to his status in Bristol. But just a dream it was.

Guest marcclifton
Why not?

Did the man not deserve a chance, he's had one season and three games, get a grip.

I'm sure you're be praising him come the end if we go up as champions in the next 43 games.

But not many think that we will under him. That will not happen

Sadly, he will go down as one of our worst managers....not quite as bad as Pulis.

No tactical awareness, ability to motivate and inspire, or knowledge of his players' strengths, or a capability to blend good players into a winning team.

Plus point: Brian Tinnion has signed some good players. Big minus point: we're bottom of the division after 3 games with some of the most highly rated players in the division. Conclusion: poor management and coaching sad.gif

Seems that Leroy Lita has been Brian Tinnion's nemesis in leaving at the worst possible time.

Plus point: Brian Tinnion has signed some good players. Big minus point: we're bottom of the division after 3 games with some of the most highly rated players in the division. Conclusion: poor management and coaching  sad.gif

Seems that Leroy Lita has been Brian Tinnion's nemesis in leaving at the worst possible time.

Cant possibly imagine why a talented young player would want to leave a comatose giant, whose managerial team have all the tactical nous, and man management skills of a Patagonian shepherd, seemingly e'er to float in a sea of mediocrity. Marcus Stewart has done nowt so far either- rather have Leeeroy at our level-sorry Mr goblin Sir! dunno.gif

No one doubts he has been a great stalwart for the club - but he is hopelessly out of his depth as a manager. If he cared as much for this club as he says he does he would resign now.

What a disaster start, again, what next dumped out of the cup by Barnet?

Why not?

Did the man not deserve a chance, he's had one season and three games, get a grip.

I'm sure you're be praising him come the end if we go up as champions in the next 43 games.

The funny thing is, if we now go on a run of 7 or 8 games unbeaten, everyone will be saying what a great manager he is. Give the bloke a bloody chance he is only human afterall. At times like these everyone should be behind team and manager not slagging them off.

I think he took the job too early and was most certainly the cheap option

Why not?

Yes, but the point is that that isn't and never was going to happen with him in charge.

49 games is a long time with no, and I mean none, improvement.

just got back as well and have to say this is worse than the start of last season. It really was depressing to watch. It wont get any better under tinnion, he just aint got it. sad-smiley-056.gif

"Legend" is a word we use too often in the game.

But Tinnion was a great player, no doubt about it. I wouldn't call him a legend myself, but there is no question he was a fantastic player for BCFC who made a great contribution.

But great players don't necessarily make great managers.

In Tinnion's case, I'm hopeful he will go on to be a decent manager with us. He knows the club, which is vitally important and has a good understanding of lower league football. I'm not into making predictions and it's wrong for us to say things can not happen only three games in to the season. But I do think he needs a bit more time before we talk about getting in someone else.

It's early days yet. I'm as concerned as any of you. I certainly expected more than one point from the first three games. But there are a further 129 points to play for. If we win the next four or five (especially the one against Forest) I imagine most of us will be singing from a different hymnsheet, praising Tinnion and saying what a great manager he is.

I'm not really a patient person but I think we do have to wait and see how things progress. It would be wrong to judge anyone on the basis of three matches.

Totally agree but we will never beat the blind optimists so if I was you ph34r.gif .

BCAGFC

So in your eyes a legend has to be an england international or someone that got us to the top flight etc??

Describe your idea of a city legend please.

it helps.

john atyeo a full england international while in a city shirt

you only have to look at atyeos scoring and appearence record to answer your

question, he had a massive loyalty to bristol city and refused several transfers

to go elsewhere (liverpool being one of them), frankly he did the bizz in a city shirt.

geoff merrick same amount of playing years/ service as tinnion but yes got us to the top flight and played there for us

and also a bristol lad, but more important than that he was one of 8 who helped save this club ripping up his contract

so we can all still have a bristol city to moan and cheer about.

billy wedlock a full england international while in a city shirt and also got us to the

f.a cup final one of citys best ever defenders.

gerry gow well all i'll say he is in my eyes the best midfielder to ever put the

bristol city shirt on, enough said there, like merrick got us in to the top flight

and played there, again he did the bizz in a city shirt.

but the biggest legend ever at ashton gate is THE FANS

FOR PUTTING UP WITH YEARS OF LOWER LEAGUE FOOTBALL.

so, to you, a city LEGEND has to have played for us in the top flight basically, so would you say that a team that has never been in the top flight or has never had an english international does not have any Legends??

lets face it we havent been in the top division an awful lot, perhaps you should stop thinking people have to be as good as Atyeo to be a legend......... blink.gif

so, to you, a city LEGEND has to have played for us in the top flight basically, so would you say that a team that has never been in the top flight or has never had an english international does not have any Legends??

lets face it we havent been in the top division an awful lot, perhaps you should stop thinking people have to be as good as Atyeo to be a legend......... :S

atyeo never played for us in the top flight doh.gif

ripping up a contract to save a club even more important than playing doh.gif

merrick and gow played for city for years before hitting the top flight for

just 4 seasons.

so who do you class as a legend then?

Guest C.T.I.D
Why not?

well said.......3 games gone and the moaning is unbearable

give the season a chance for f---- sake banghead.gif

I said top flight or ENGLAND international dude, read the post before replying.

i said it helps but if you read my post you would see that no a legend

does not just have to be a top flight or england player as i've explained

in parts of my post, bits you've missed:

ateyo = goals, loyalty, appearances.

merrick = loyalty, appearances, ripping up a contract to help save a club rather

than personal gain.

gow = a great midfield player and did the bizz for city no matter what league

we were in and what i did not point out that he would look

out of place in a england shirt being scottish whistling.gif

billy wedlock = a great defender and a f.a cup final player in a city shirt.

like i said gow and merrick were at city for years before they got to the top

flight with city.

so again what's your idea of a city legend cool.gif

Archived