IGNORED

Good Crowd

megansdad

Guest bristolbred

Only 5,000 less than the First Home Game of the Season!!!

and no doubt if we lose today..........................................

be less than 9,500 for the next!!

Fickle Fans Indeed!

farmer.gif

Guest The Traveller

this club is very lucky to have us the fans, when you look at the crap we have to watch. before anyone says i know we don't have to watch. but city is our club.

The figures are manipulated all season ticket holders are included whether present or not.

Real figures are about 8000 for Port Vale and about 8500 today

why would they announce a figure higher than they are getting? The Inland Revenue is not interested in a season ticket holder not turning up or not. all he does is take the 10k figure and taxes city on the profit. you are suggesting they are breaking the law which i am sure they are not. they are not that misguided.

why would they announce a figure higher than they are getting? The Inland Revenue is not interested in a season ticket holder not turning up or not. all he does is take the 10k figure and taxes city on the profit. you are suggesting they are breaking the law which i am sure they are not. they are not that misguided.

This is also not how City are taxed.

You have to add the season ticket seats into the final attendance whether they turn up or not because you have already sold that seat. They would only be breaking the law if they didnt include STHolders.

In conclusion there was infact only 8500 supporters there today, no the club did not lie because they HAD to include all the season ticket holders in the final attendance otherwise the inland revenue would then be questioning city.

If you buy a ticket then don't turn up, you are still included in the final attendance and city will get taxed for the ticvket because you bought the ticket and paid.

Also today saw the use of the introduce a friend scheme which allowed friends to come for a fiver, so that will have increased the gate by a few... Todays turn out is going to get worse if we continue to play like that. How long can the board afford to keep Tinnion in charge is crowds are going to drop... well truth is probably longer that we want. I'm clutching at straws!

You have to add the season ticket seats into the final attendance whether they turn up or not because you have already sold that seat. They would only be breaking the law if they didnt include STHolders.

In conclusion there was infact only 8500 supporters there today, no the club did not lie because they HAD to include all the season ticket holders in the final attendance otherwise the inland revenue would then be questioning city.

If you buy a ticket then don't turn up, you are still included in the final attendance and city will get taxed for the ticvket because you bought the ticket and paid.

beautifully explained thank you . still, we can of course not be accurate as to how many people really turned up. would 2 thousand season ticket holders stay away? I doubt it.

Rubbish!!

Where do people get all this from?! unsure.gifdoh.gif

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4463&hl=Attendence

Only those coming through the turnstiles are counted. That is why the the turnstile operators count the tickets as you go through

Thats what I always thought. But I happen to know that at 11.55, 10 minutes before kick off there were 6,500 in the ground. Now, no way did 4,000 arrive in the last 10 minutes, so the idea about counting STs whether they attend or not, could well be right.

I used to work with a girl who worked in the ticket office and she too said that tickets are counted through the turnstiles. Ive been to other grounds in the championship that their fans have questioned the same thing. But didn't chesterfield get done for something similar in the fa cup a few years back against us. Or have I got it wrong??

I used to work with a girl who worked in the ticket office and she too said that tickets are counted through the turnstiles. Ive been to other grounds in the championship that their fans have questioned the same thing. But didn't chesterfield get done for something similar in the fa cup a few years back against us. Or have I got it wrong??

Problems arise when you deliberately announce a LOWER figure than there actually is. I can see no benefit in announcing a higher one.

Rubbish!!

Where do people get all this from?!  unsure.gif  doh.gif

We are taxed on every ticket we sell for a game. This includes season tickets. the inland rev base the amount of tickets we sell by attendance. Attendance therefor must include all tickets sold including season tickets.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4463&hl=Attendence

Only those coming through the turnstiles are counted. That is why the the turnstile operators count the tickets as you go through

The turnstyle operators count the amount of tickets regardless and is certainly not a case for or against.

Problems arise when you deliberately announce a LOWER figure than there actually is. I can see no benefit in announcing a higher one.

Because your only announcing the amount of people that have bought tickets so are not shooting yourself in the foot because you will have to pay tax on that number regardless. If you announce lower (ie the actuall attendance that have turned up then you risk worse sponsorship deals, lower moral within the club, and various other factors, so it just makes sense to announce the number of tickets sold that are liable to tax)

Basically its the clubs choice. They can announce the ACTUAL attandance, but they must give the true figure to the inland revenue. Or they can announce the TRUE attandance, those who have paid and purchased a seat in the gruond that cannot be sold again. (Otherwise if you started saying 1000 season ticket holders didnt turn up so you will sell there seat again youll be in trouble with the council, fire department, police all sorts of people.

I guess the only person who can answer this is Steve. My argument is actually for both sides. I don't know which figure they released. All i know is the figure of 10.000 today looked a bit much.

Just trust me, i know.

But you can't have known because not even the club know until a fair while after kick off!!! I was late in by the way and I was queuing in front of fellow supporters both on the A4 and at the turnstiles.

I agree that there didn't appear to be that many fans in the stadium BUT the attendance is solely all of those who passed through the turnstiles and there are no tax implications of stating inaccurate figures for the attendances.

But you can't have known because not even the club know until a fair while after kick off!!! I was late in by the way and I was queuing in front of fellow supporters both on the A4 and at the turnstiles.

I agree that there didn't appear to be that many fans in the stadium BUT the attendance is solely all of those who passed through the turnstiles and there are no tax implications of stating inaccurate figures for the attendances.

All the turnstiles are connected to a central computer via a microswitch. Therefore the control room know exactly how many are in the ground at any given time, and at 11.55 there were 6,500 gone through the turnstiles.

All the turnstiles are connected to a central computer via a microswitch. Therefore the control room know exactly how many are in the ground at any given time, and at 11.55 there were 6,500 gone through the turnstiles.

What about those who went into the seats via the R&W bar? or the directors' lounge?

Archived