IGNORED

If It Is Gary Johnson

Robbored

Well....if HTV have got it right and Gary Johnson is to be the new City boss - would City fans be happy with his appointment?

I would be.

So would i, would be a very good bloke for the job, I wonder if amankwaah will follow him back to city aswell, i'd prefer him at right back to jamie smith

Guest richie1964

: :Rage: if its the yeovil manager I'm finished thought we were a big club we need a big name not a 2nd rate manager he hasnt proved his self any more than tins cheap option yet again what r we playing at put a good squad together then cut corners on the manager what a state we are in don't think the people in charge have got a clue in 40 years i thought id seen it all how wrong you can be

I would suspect that on City fans reputation , if we are not at least 3 up at half time in his first game , then he will be roundly booed off the pitch , we can then all go back to talking about why we ever let such players as Coles, Doherty , Hill, Ritchie and Norman Hunter were ever aloud to leave , slate Steve Phillips for not claiming crosses and also blame the sun , moon but most of all the academy for us not being able to afford Ronaldiniho and Beckham

What's Millen got to do with it? :online2long:

If Millen can make something of our defence so can Johnson.

And richie - Cutting corners? So you wanted 3 promotions in 3 seasons? Jeez, we're a league 1 club, Gary Johnson is a bloody good manager.

: :Rage: if its the yeovil manager I'm finished thought we were a big club we need a big name not a 2nd rate manager he hasnt proved his self any more than tins cheap option yet again what r we playing at put a good squad together then cut corners on the manager what a state we are in don't think the people in charge have got a clue in 40 years i thought id seen it all how wrong you can be

How can you say that? He's highly rated, and turned down offers from Championship clubs including Coventry.

For me he reeks of ambition, he sees City as a Big club and a big challange, not a soft job to go for, but he sees what we all see, a Championship club stuck in the rut which is league football.

what an oppertunity for him to be given the helm and push us to where we belong.

A 2nd rate manager?, who has won promotion twice with Yeovil, and had reportdely previously turned down offers from bigger clubs in higher divisions than us. Also managed the Latvian national side.

Oh and I very much doubt that he'll have come cheap.

Guest richie1964

If Millen can make something of our defence so can Johnson.

And richie - Cutting corners? So you wanted 3 promotions in 3 seasons? Jeez, we're a league 1 club, Gary Johnson is a bloody good manager.

why turn down coventry so say and take the city job don't make sense still unproven at this level yeovil are hardly setting the world alight :dunno:

Oh and I very much doubt that he'll have come cheap.

Hell no, but are we nieve enough to think we can pay a manager peanuts and get anything but a monkeys job?

You get what you pay for...how does that explaine half our squad then... :doh:

Johnson will sort em all out i can tell ya,

should all players get a fresh start? our season surely will begin from when he joins..if he joins...what if he don't??

Nooooo, oh well i'm sure he will though :sweatingbullets::unsure::yawn:

why turn down coventry so say and take the city job don't make sense still unproven at this level yeovil are hardly setting the world alight :dunno:

Because they don't have a squad for this division. We do.

Guest richie1964

Hell no, but are we nieve enough to think we can pay a manager peanuts and get anything but a monkeys job?

You get what you pay for...how does that explaine half our squad then... :doh:

Johnson will sort em all out i can tell ya,

should all players will get a fresh start? our season surely will begin from when he joins..if he joins...what if he don't??

Nooooo, oh well i'm sure he will though :sweatingbullets::unsure::yawn:

Yeah okay, but he put that squad together. I rest my case.

Good point.

The only thing that worries me slightly is he is not very defensive, he is more - if they score 3 we score 4..

Yeah, I agree with that assessment, The only problem at the moment with our defence is if we score at all, They'll score a hatful especially from set pieces.

Having said that, He has always impressed me, Straight talker, honest, good motivator, has cracking contacts (especially in europe) Yeovil certainly play good football. Hopefully he'll bring in a real no.2 one who can actually coach and also lets hope they tie him up in time for saturday, My god we need him.

Best of luck if it is him.

Guest richie1964

Yeah okay, but he put the squad together and results speak for themselves.

You quote Latvia, who are they in world football? I still cant see him doing a job down here, we play the ball on the floor here, not up looking at the stars.

Lets say its Johnson. Will fans be patient with him? What happens if we don't win our first 3 games under him as he will probably be trying different strategies. Or will our impatient fans boo him :dunno:

Behave yourself Ron! the brooms are out ready for a clean sweep and if your not careful you will get swept aside with all the dust! ;)

Quiet, I thought pimps were supposed to stick together :blink:;)

*Had to be there*

You quote Latvia, who are they in world football? I still cant see him doing a job down here, we play the ball on the floor here, not up looking at the stars.

You are a liar if you believe we play football on the floor. We haven't done that for the last season and a bit now. Everything we do at the moment reeks of route 1. The football we play at the moment is out and out trash, you know it and everybody else knows it.

Everybody I have heard when speaking about Yeovil seems to say that they play good football, not the Sunday morning whooshball that I'm watching every home game.

Johnson would not be my first choice of manager but given some of the options I have heard bandied around (John ward for example) I would not complain if he is given the job. Reasonably successful to date, upwardly mobile and seems to have good contacts - Sir Brian was none of those in my humble opinion.

He is still using the squad from last season, they have had a slow start but are picking up. He has admitted he has had to change somethings. Good, shows he's not one of these stubborn egotists

Latvia were complete unknowns, but when they qualified for the european championships even their current manager paid tribute to the ground work that Johnson had laid.

From what I have seen of Yeovil they play their football on the ground, they also play at pace which I would love to see here.

I hope its him

I hope he gets carte blanche to restructure the whole club

I hope he gets rid of the also rans

I hope he gets the time to do it (by the fans as well as the club)

I hope to be entertained again.

Archived