IGNORED

If It Is Gary Johnson

Robbored

If it is Gary Johnson, I'd be more than happy with the appointment. His track record is good at Yeovil and I feel he could do well at Ashton Gate.

I know I'm going to get flack for this, but I wanted to put my ha'porth about City being a big club. This club gets appalling gates compared to other "big clubs" in this league in recent times (ie Forest and Wednesday). We never have been a particularly big club - look at the size of Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa etc. We are (at best) a Championship League club without the resources to become a Premier League Club (though I hope that situation changes), but we are currently 2nd bottom of League 1. I really believe some of our fans have got things a little out of proportion. We are the biggest club in the South West...despite our current position...and that's about it.

I don't think he is the worst appointment we could make, however, I think he is very over-rated by a lot of people. He didn't do a good job at Cambridge but he has had a lot of time since then to go away and improve himself.

At Yeovil he did inherit a good squad and managed to make a few changes to win the conference, much in the same way as when Ward took over at city, Jordan had left a great squad in place. It was not a big task to take them as far as he has so far, he has shown competence in geting them to where they are and looking like they could stay up.

I do believe there are better options out there, but I don't think it will be a disaster appointment. He doesn't have a track record of anything that we would be looking for in a manager really, he hasn't managed a team successfully at this level or any higher before, he hasn't taken over a team and got them out a rut or relegation position before. There are other managers that have done both these before.

I honestly believe anything above the bottom 4 would be an achievement for any manager at this time so I am willing to be patient with a manager, but I do think there are better options around.

Guest routabout

You must be some kind of saint if you've never posted a rumour that turns out to be inaccurate.

Plus....it could still turn out to correct....... :dunno:

Alternatively, you could just not post rumours and only actually bang on about confirmed facts. Novel, I know.

Guest RED EYE ADY

Personally I think hes defensively naive with the amount of goals that yeovil let in last season,

especially how our defence has been playing this season. although up to the last 2 appointments of manager

he is better than both put together. if the rumour is true i think berty basset and right hook wise would be the men too galvanise the team into a unit. ok it might not be the prettiest of football but after 25 yrs of watching a team with no success the sourcerer and the apprentice may well be the dream team.

Guest routabout

Personally I think hes defensively naive with the amount of goals that yeovil let in last season,

especially how our defence has been playing this season. although up to the last 2 appointments of manager

he is better than both put together. if the rumour is true i think berty basset and right hook wise would be the men too galvanise the team into a unit. ok it might not be the prettiest of football but after 25 yrs of watching a team with no success the sourcerer and the apprentice may well be the dream team.

That sounds good to me. I'd pay an extra fiver per game, just to watch Wisey go around winding up the opposition at set pieces.

Definately, most City fans had a soft spot for Yeovil and know Gary Johnson well as he is local. He is passionate, would give the lads a kick up the ass, and he can't be blamed for Yeovil's failure this year - he has got them up 2 divisions in 3 years!

Yeovil's failure this year???? i take it you mean this season? even then i would predict we will be within 5 points of you by the end of the season,and both of us in the top 3rd of the division.Maybe we will wait to you get Atkins in and sack GJ for his failure to take us into the champions league inside 5 years!!!! Failure my ass!!!!

What's Millen got to do with it? :online2long:

Rocky, I thought it was only me who was anti - ron!

He's going on ig nore!

Johnson will be a class appointment

Spelling might be wrong, look at avatar!

Loads of

have to say Martin Allen was my 1st choice.Gary Johnson has only been in this league for 8 or 9 games

whereas MA knows it inside out :dunno:

Does he balls!

He's only been at Bees for 15 months or so!

He was at Barnet before that and is learning his trade now!

Johnson been there and done it at INTERNATIONAL level

End of!

A resounding YES from me!

All this talk of " he was guarenteed promotion because he inherited a good squad" is absolute rubbish, we all know you need more than a good group of players to get promoted.

IF Gary comes here, watching football at the Gate will once again become a pleasure and I'm absolutely positive attendances will start to improve again.

IF the rumours about GJ are true we should ALL get behind the manager, the team and the board, you never know we might actually achieve something.

IF the rumours about GJ are true, Steve L, I salute you! :D

Didn't think my wife listened to me when I moaned on about football but when HTV just mentioned Johnson she said thats who you wanted a few weeks ago wasn't it

Come on people, if ENGLAND is happy, then Johnson MUST be the right man :englandsmile4wf:

Nope - not happy at all.

To be fair I only base this on his radio interviews. I don't know what his football teams are like (why would I? He's not exactly set the world alight). Please, someone tell me he favours the passing type of football and that his Yeovil team played some great stuff last year. :pray:

He sounds so uninspiring on the radio. I hope his teams are better to watch.

100% how I feel, sounds and seems uninspiring, but I am a SL backer so will go with the flow if thats his choice.

Archived