IGNORED

The Open The East End Thread

Guest North Street

Why would they do that? I thought a new stand was being constructed!

I thought work was starting on July 1st! But as that little date has passed the club can let it's fans in where they want to be.

:city:

Because of all the same reasons they have used for the last season and a bit! Cost, police, not wanting to etc.... the list goes on and they will not re-open it unless something drastic happens. So in essence they wont.

:city::city::city:

When did they say they did not want to? Cost? Simple charge the same as the Dolman/Williams.End of problem. It can be done if our Club truly listened to it's supporters.

It won't happen! how many threads have there been to get it open? Bloody loads and they haven't worked so can't see this one working! would like it to but I'm afraid i can't see it happening!

Lets keep posting!

Then again the number of open the east end threads there has been on SL forum but no replys..

So.. :(

Guest The Codfather 0312

We are the eat end, We are the East end we're the east end of Ashton gate.

1,2,3,4,5 if you want to stay alive keep off the east end, 6,7,8,9,10 if you want to walk again keep off the east end.

Guest North Street

It seems everyone says they want to sit in there and once the club say yet 2 man and his dog take up the chance or should i say about 500 of you. Just not cost effective for the club.

If it is not cost effective charge the same amount as the Dolman.

BCFC's stwewards and catering staff are not that expensive are they?

Guest North Street

I think the MAIN reason is because they are worried about the SMALL element that try and wind up away fans.

The East End has a high fence, cctv, stewards, seperate entrances, segregation Ninian Park/Stamford Bridge/Old Trafford/Upton Park/St Andrews/Elland Road does not have plus on the more volatile games you can put Police in there instead of the Williams bar having a cup of tea like they have done on numerous occassions when problems have allegedly taken place. This SMALL element must be something else Brian!

The East End has a high fence, cctv, stewards, seperate entrances, segregation Ninian Park/Stamford Bridge/Old Trafford/Upton Park/St Andrews/Elland Road does not have plus on the more volatile games you can put Police in there instead of the Williams bar having a cup of tea like they have done on numerous occassions when problems have allegedly taken place. This SMALL element must be something else Brian!

sorry but the night game in the east end against plymouth 2 years ago, young fans were climbing on the segregation netting mouthing at plymouth fans! the next time we used the east under 16's either had to be with parents or not allowed in. i could be wrong but don't think so. i'm all for the east , i was born under the east end stand!

It seems everyone says they want to sit in there and once the club say yet 2 man and his dog take up the chance or should i say about 500 of you. Just not cost effective for the club.

I've been to two games this season, but if the east end was open I would have been to a lot more, if not all of them. Along with atleast 3 mates of mine. Just don't see the point of watching a game if you arent going to enjoy it. And i'll only enjoy it if has a good atmosphere.

G block is good but still doesnt warrant £22 plus petrol, food and drink every week does it?!

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Yes I have two nephews who would go every game if the eastend was open,with so many students in bristol city our missing out on another 5000 to 1000 fans a week,if needs be under 16years old are band then so be it,or move the away fans into the willliams stand

Guest The Codfather 0312

When the East end was open I used to go to every game at that time, It was fantastic just being in there. Ok facilities are poor in there you have to queue for 20 mins just to get a bag of crisps, But just being in the east end makes up for all that.

I would go to a game in the east end and even if we lost still go home feelling happy as I had a good time in the east end. No where else in the stadium can provide the same atmosphere and the same felling as the east end.

The club however are more than happy just to let the stand rot in the hope it will fall down instead of opening it up and making some money off of it and bringing back the atmosphere at ashton gate.

When there is a wil there IS a way.

Guest Cadburyheath Red

Can anyone else remember how $hit the atmosphere was for the 3 seasons after the east end was made all seater? I & many others moved to the open end & then the dolman because it was a shadow of its former self & for the record ive enjoyed dolman G block far more this season than I ever enjoyed an all seater east end, yes the acoustics are good but why keep banging on about it when it was never that good as an all seater end?

It can do no harm at all to open the East End; the fence,the cost, the extra stewards etc,etc, IS bull. If the powers that be wanted it open it would be; We are not the powers that be we are just fans who pay big time.

Maybe it is time to forget home games and just go away, need to do something as very :disapointed2se::disapointed2se::disapointed2se: with things at the mo. :(

EastEnder, You My Friend Are Spot On Once Again.

It Seems That It Is Only At Home Game Where There Is Hassle With Stewards. Yet, When We Travel To Away Games The Stewards Have No Problem With The Same Behaviour From The Same People.

Oldham Was A Prime Example. The Stewards Asked Us To Sit Down Once, And We Obliged. Apart From That, Thye Simply Stood In Front Of Us And Laughed At The Fun And Merriment Taking Place.

Its Time To Ask Why Stewards At Ashton Gate Make Our Lives So Hard. And Ask Who Is Asking Them Too Do So.

Archived