IGNORED

The Open The East End Thread

:disapointed2se:

Till the bloody thing is pulled down [???????} it exists. Those days of defeating Liverpool surronded by thousands are a distant memory but this stand does make some difference to the experience of watching City. Experience? Well the experience now is dreadful and the opening of the East End would improve things for some of us, the FANS! :city:

Sorry but I really don't think it still exists - it is totally different even with a good crowd of you trying your best to recreate an atmosphere - I respect your effort but not your achievement as you are attempting the impossible.

Guest North Street

Sorry but I really don't think it still exists - it is totally different even with a good crowd of you trying your best to recreate an atmosphere - I respect your effort but not your achievement as you are attempting the impossible.

Even a small crowd in there will enjoy themselves and become more involved than a entire stand does at the moment.It is totally different to what it was but it is still immensely better than sitting the Dolman bored by the football and surroundings wishing for the bar to be opened so i can have a pint of cider.

Why should we give up? when the players on the pitch are attempting the impossible, trying to play football!

Were not even trying to re-create the atmostphere of the 70`s, like you said its impossible, we simply want an atmostphere of any sort, and also to have a great time at a home football match again, even the few times it has been open the last few years, it has been brilliant, and I`ve atleast came out with a smile on me face.

So lets give it a go, we still haven`t had a definate answer yet, so Landsdown may be considering it an option? Give us a chance to bring back something to the club...

Cheers

Liam

Why bother, there must be 50, 100, 300 of you - so what, you can never call it the East End because it no longer exists except in the memories of those of us that lived it

"Why bother?" That doesn't sound like the East End attitude! Certainly not one we want to encourage in the present day. Theres too much of that attitude as it is which explains the grave yard atmosphere in Ashton Gate :grr:

Aren't we allowed to call it the East End? Should we change the name of Ashton Gate too? What name are we allowed then England?

1st of all I'm sorry but......

THIS IS ###### poo!!!!!!!! FOR ###### SAKE BRING BACK THE EASTEND BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!! if not it proves they don't give a ###### about us!!!!! I'm so close to saying......

LANSDOWN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS ###### poo!!!!!!!! FOR ###### SAKE BRING BACK THE EASTEND BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!! if not it proves they don't give a ###### about us!!!!! I'm so close to saying......

LANSDOWN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm BACK! and i am not getting out of your face until you say, YES. ARE you reading Landsdown boys, are you reading landsdown boys! :city:

Oooops that will teach me to come on here after 7pints of fosters!!!!!

But i ment it though!

Hi boys and girls and Neo just back from weekend in Preston did I miss anything :dunno: no? this club is deader than dead;TO THE MEN IN SUITS give it some life back open the East End and stop picking on the vocal minority and we may have a chance :city:

Guest REDCIDERARMY

As a thought and something for the board to think about,the cost of the fence being erected moved etc is the biggest cost to the eastend,a part from swansea and swindon know one else have all the eastend,so it could be put up for say 1500 city fans until such games,also I was wondering if say 6 or 12 of us volunteered to erect this fence for the club for free on a friday or whenever before a game and then dismantle it,I quess if anyone has any experience in this profession could supervise 6 to 12 others to do this for the club

how bout quid a kid and 15 or 10 quid for adult, we would definatly get about 12000+ at least! :chant6ez:

and of coaurse with the east end open! :chant6ez::city:

don't you even start with the quid a kid for a game. I don't want school kids running around acting like 3 year olds again, not after last time.

Bring Back The East End - don't be shy

Guest North Street

Now posted on Steve L forum :-

Dear Steve

I have noted your comments regarding the East End and that having this stand open to Bristol City supporters does not effect attendances. On saturday following the fa cup game i posted a question to suppporters who did not attend the game asking them if having the East End open would have made them change their mind and attend this match.I would be interested to hear your views on the following thread.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=47446

:city:

Now posted on Steve L forum :-

Dear Steve

I have noted your comments regarding the East End and that having this stand open to Bristol City supporters does not effect attendances. On saturday following the fa cup game i posted a question to suppporters who did not attend the game asking them if having the East End open would have made them change their mind and attend this match.I would be interested to hear your views on the following thread.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=47446

:city:

Your comments have been noted

Archived