IGNORED

The Open The East End Thread

They will happily let us have it back.....................When they have knocked it down and replaced it that is.

:angry:

I'm quite happy to start off "Bring back the East End" in atyeo.. don't no how many people will join in with me.. only a few people i go with maybe..

Anyone sit up Block H atyeo.. that going to try get the chant workin?

Guest North Street

SEE MINUTES OF MEETING LAST NIGHT :( THE CLUB WILL NOT BE OPENING EAST END :angry: unless crowd size warrants it :grr: (to much hassle)

I will not be attending unless crowd size warrants it :dunno:to much hassle

A pathetic response, fobbed off with three very short sentences which do not even grant supporters the courtesy of a real explanation of what costs are incurred and what is the "hassle".

What questions do the FCF really ask the club ?

As for Keith Draiseys remarks "i do not care what happens at other clubs", sort of sums up the myopic attitude of BCFC perfectly!

Have just posted on SL forum, hope it helps, had to do a seperate post sorry, couldn't merge with the other posts about this topic,

How do you do that?

Waste of time; see adam b reply and minutes of yesterdays meeting; time for me to try and let go of this lot :Wave: :Wave: :Wave: :disapointed2se:

how many of you really believe we will start winning if you go back into the eastend? or is it because you've been told no that you keep trying.

Is it just me that thought when you last went into the eastend that it was a waste of time, for how many of you actually bothered to swap your tickets.Personally i cant wait til they knock it flat its a eyesaw and nothing more, and i used to stand in it.

how many of you really believe we will start winning if you go back into the eastend? or is it because you've been told no that you keep trying.

Is it just me that thought when you last went into the eastend that it was a waste of time, for how many of you actually bothered to swap your tickets.Personally i cant wait til they knock it flat its a eyesaw and nothing more, and i used to stand in it.

WIN ,lose or draw, just getting atmosphere in the ground can only improve the team .Its like the house of lords people falling asleep! This will at least show new supporters there can be noise at the City

:chant6ez:

Guest The Codfather 0312
WIN ,lose or draw, just getting atmosphere in the ground can only improve the team .Its like the house of lords people falling asleep! This will at least show new supporters there can be noise at the City

:chant6ez:

We must be one of the only clubs in the country that hasn't got a singing area. Well we have got one but we aint allowed in it. All the history involved with the East end and they wont even let us say goodbye to it.

SEE MINUTES OF MEETING LAST NIGHT :( THE CLUB WILL NOT BE OPENING EAST END :angry: unless crowd size warrants it :grr: (to much hassle)

I will not be attending unless crowd size warrants it :dunno:to much hassle

Well it goes to show that SL and his cronies have not got a clue about football! CS was more interested on getting more groups in the summer then pre season home fixtures! perhaps they should get together with mr Evis and plan a bigger concert on the Mendips :farmer:

Guest North Street

The last time the East End was open [V Doncastor] the atmosphere was as good as it had been all season.

Perhaps you prefer [G block aside] the hush now with the occasssional out break of clapping akin to

Trescothick reaching his fifty. Aesethetics and the gate is never an argument i would use as we have blocks in the ground which do not line up, seating which is uneven and lovely seats in the Dolman A/B which do not even match.

People keep on about this topic because our club has yet to really offer a plausible explanation which cannot be countered by numerous arguments.People keep on about this topic because they do not want to watch their football in near silence. People keep on about this topic because they know the East End can make a diffference to the atmosphere and the "Team".

Of course i do not believe the team will start winning just because people can sit in the East End but i do know that their day would be improved by it's opening. Do you think the East End being open would make things worse?

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Just shows what they think of us supporters,can not even give us a valid good reason for not opening it,we our probably the only club in the country who deny there supporters where they would like to go,why not close the williams down and use the other three sides for more atmosphere,but no the williams fans would not like that would they,why is it the Eastend always the one closed,we have heard all these fancy stories of a new stand how much has been spent on plans and promotion days etc more than the cost to open the Eastend I expect,I am sorry for much as I love the club my thoughts of not bothering anymore if I can not go where I want to,so heres another 20.00 per week your going to miss out on sorry.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

:angry:

I'm quite happy to start off "Bring back the East End" in atyeo.. don't no how many people will join in with me.. only a few people i go with maybe..

Anyone sit up Block H atyeo.. that going to try get the chant workin?

Please yourself mate; I wont be there; cant be bothered :o "until the attendance dictates" :(

Guest The Codfather 0312

I remember a few years back concerning Brentford fans. They wanted there home end back(The two tier stand behind the goal) that was used to house away fans.

The club wasn't keen on it for some reason but the fans kicked up such a storm that the club had no choice but to give the stand back to the home fans.

If they can do it why on earth can't we do it. If we pressure Lansdown and Saxstone enough then maybe he will have a change of heart.

Maybe at one of the home games if enough of us join forces we can walk down the side of the Dolman to the home entrance of the East End and demand to be let in?

I remember a few years back concerning Brentford fans. They wanted there home end back(The two tier stand behind the goal) that was used to house away fans.

The club wasn't keen on it for some reason but the fans kicked up such a storm that the club had no choice but to give the stand back to the home fans.

If they can do it why on earth can't we do it. If we pressure Lansdown and Saxstone enough then maybe he will have a change of heart.

Maybe at one of the home games if enough of us join forces we can walk down the side of the Dolman to the home entrance of the East End and demand to be let in?

Forget it mate; enough already; walk away :dunno:

as much as i would like to see the club open the eastend

but we all know this won't happen.

This is one club that wants his 12th man sat on the bench with

it's mouth firmly shut.

and the thing is at chesterfield there was no fence between fans in the stands :devil:

being honest being around a lot of grounds and i can say that our stewards would

not have the first clue on what to do in a crisis and this is why they won't open

the eastend, looking at stewards in the past sat between the likes of millwall and

west ham, with no fence, it says it all really.

IPB Image

Guest North Street

as much as i would like to see the club open the eastend

but we all know this won't happen.

This is one club that wants his 12th man sat on the bench with

it's mouth firmly shut.

and the thing is at chesterfield there was no fence between fans in the stands :devil:

being honest being around a lot of grounds and i can say that our stewards would

not have the first clue on what to do in a crisis and this is why they won't open

the eastend, looking at stewards in the past sat between the likes of millwall and

west ham, with no fence, it says it all really.

IPB Image

The club have spoken and because of the horrific "cost" and "hassle" the East End must remain shut. Oh the "hassle" in there every game, it's been like a war zone the like of which means BCFC need more security than Cardiff/Leeds/Man U/Sunderland/Newcastle/Aston Villa/Southampton/Wolves/Chelsea/West Ham/Spurs/Pompey/Birmingham/Man City. Last game Citys boys were even carrying ladders in the East End, you must have seen this Ciderhead?

Yet another patronizing response from the club, though i'm not that surprised. The people at the top at this club don't give a monkeys about the views of you and me - the ordinary supporters.

There's more atmosphere in Arnos Vale cemetery on a sunday morning than at AG on a saturday afternoon.Thats the way it's going to stay at most games until they get they're heads out of they're backsides.

Swindle are another club that gave away it's home end. They did it for one season in the late eighties. Swindle fans got it back though when the club admitted it had made a mistake.

To quote Draisey "I don't care what happens at other grounds". Unfortunately this sums up the clubs attitude towards us.

Was just thiking the club say it will cost to much to segragate the fans and police costs. But why can't they put the away fans where they are going to put them when the stand is knocked down? then give us the whole of the east end!

"to much hassle" :when the East End is knocked down a big when that; one if not the reason THE SUBBERS MOVED OUT OF E bLOCK wILLIAMS WAS BECAUSE AWAY FANS WERE "SUPPOSED" TO BE PUT THERE

Quite a few thousand already have...

and one :(

Guest North Street

£20 to sit in a ground which is utterly lifeless, in a seat in a stand which i really do not want to be listening to Your support is f....... etc from Southend yesterday and no one could argue any different.

I have a season ticket which allows me to be humilaitated evey two weeks.

Open the bloody East End up becasuse at this rate City will be able to get the entire gate in there. :city:

Archived