IGNORED

G'block Another Letter

Doesn't work that way - most people break the law speeding but it is no defence to say every one else does it - try driving past a camera above the limit and go to court

under the new PC birgade in this country a lot of people find your name and avatar offence,

doesnt mean its right though

If you are unsure of the law, I suggest you go to town tonight, find a policeman, and then use "industrial language" - he will warn you twice about using such language in a public place and on the third usage will nick you,

Why? - because it is against the law

Well, with my experience of policemen he would probably tell you to F OFF first!!

under the new PC birgade in this country a lot of people find your name and avatar offence,

doesnt mean its right though

touche sirrah - I will continue to use my avatar and continue to fly the flag of St.George from my home and if some bunch of religious followers don't like it they can p#ss off to where they have an allegiance - and the more the merrier. This is my country which welcomes all kinds of faiths and ethnic origins but when they start telling Englishmen what they can and cannot do in this fair country, they cross the line

touche sirrah - I will continue to use my avatar and continue to fly the flag of St.George from my home and if some bunch of religious followers don't like it they can p#ss off to where they have an allegiance - and the more the merrier. This is my country which welcomes all kinds of faiths and ethnic origins but when they start telling Englishmen what they can and cannot do in this fair country, they cross the line

As the BNP would say!!

hmm you sound tolerent. Fly the flag by almeans. But not through your racist views. No wonder people think the flag is offensive when people tell them to ###### OFF home if they don't like.

As the BNP would say!!

Beat me too it.

:englandsmile4wf:

Doesn't work that way - most people break the law speeding but it is no defence to say every one else does it - try driving past a camera above the limit and go to court

oh but it does work that way, if you can remember my post ( I know it was a long time ago!!) i said EVERYONE caught swearing would have to be warned and action taken, try driving past a camera speeding, i think you find we get treated the same ie we all get done.

Over to you

oh but it does work that way, if you can remember my post ( I know it was a long time ago!!) i said EVERYONE caught swearing would have to be warned and action taken, try driving past a camera speeding, i think you find we get treated the same ie we all get done.

I don't, i know the bloke who goes through the pictures!!! :D

hmm you sound tolerent. Fly the flag by almeans. But not through your racist views. No wonder people think the flag is offensive when people tell them to ###### OFF home if they don't like.

Beat me too it.

Sorry but I must point out you have misquoted me - I did not say "But not through your racist views. No wonder people think the flag is offensive when people tell them to ###### OFF home if they don't like" but did say "they can p#ss off to where they have an allegiance" which I understand to mean that they may have been born here but do not wish to consider the country of their birth somewhere of which they can be proud and should therefore go where they can - that is not racist!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Sorry but I must point out you have misquoted me - I did not say "But not through your racist views. No wonder people think the flag is offensive when people tell them to ###### OFF home if they don't like" but did say "they can p#ss off to where they have an allegiance" which I understand to mean that they may have been born here but do not wish to consider the country of their birth somewhere of which they can be proud and should therefore go where they can - that is not racist!

Spot on England :englandsmile4wf:

I wasn't quoting you. I was making a point about what you said.

Sat in the dolman G block for the first time this season and my ten year old son was given a lettter. Yes there was standing and swearing, but not all the time. I found the atmosphere was great and everyone friendly. we will be sitting there again. :chant6ez:

I didn't see the letter but if it's about swearing I think the timing is pretty poor.

The team isn't doing well and the fans aren't happy, so instead of encouraging some unity a bigger divide is created, great bit of PR???!!!

And if swearing is really such a no no, better ask the players to mind their language aswell as expleatives can clearly be heard where I sit towards the back of the stand.

Sing your hearts out G Block, your team needs you!!!

This club at the moment seem determined to squeeze any resembelance of life out of its self, picking on certain areas of fans and ignoring others wishes :disapointed2se: when infact they should be encouraging them and giving them reduced admission :o for their determination and passion.

They seem to be quite happy to reward no hope passionless performances by certain players who are by the way just passing through. :disapointed2se: we need to wake them up somehow because we are on the slippery slope.

There are a few players who give there 100% at least 2 arent playing yet and I have faith in G.J to sort it; but what about the fans B.C.F.C. "to much hassle" are we :dunno:

I delight in your posts but lack the ability or knowledge to challenge your rather one sided arguments so I will have to rely on my instinct and say I think you are wrong

I was brought up by my grandfather and he managed a swear word in almost every sentence. I'm not sure if my grandfather suffered from turettes syndrome or if his continual swearing was due to his awful experiences in WWII, either way I was a young boy so I don't understand why BCFC is writing warning letters about swearing in earshot of children. A football match is an appropriate place to swear and let off steam as far as I'm concerned, especially considering the heavy defeats we're suffering at present due to our overpaid/over-rated playing staff.

I would suggest that if any BCFC steward is seen to evict anyone for swearing then we all walk out from the stand in protest swearing as we leave. :farmer:

Guest North Street

:grr: God some people want to lighten up. If they had their way Ashton gate would be a noise free zone :doh:

Sadly that is already true except G block and when the club have their way :(

Beat me too it.

I don't think he's being racist at all and I'm not 100% English - why shouldn't he fly the flag and why does it make him a racist ? What would heppen if he went to a foreighn country and objected to their flags everytwhere, would they get taken down ? I think not. You really need to get out more - In most countries the National flag flies from all public and quite a lot of private buildings - why should the English be ashamed of theirs - because a few wet middle class white liberals think it will offend asylum seekers ?

Well with the clubs attitude to swearing I would be interested to know how club staff are treated.

Do the players swear while they are training?

Also players shouting and swearing during a match, this can be heard by children setting a bad example from their role models.

It is a complete farce that the club are trying to punish swearing. Get a grip, this family club rubbish is ruining the atmosphere down Ashton Gate and is coming close to driving me away from going.

Get a grip, this family club rubbish is ruining the atmosphere down Ashton Gate and is coming close to driving me away from going.

Hear Hear - I went as a kid in the 70s and it never did me any harm (well apart from the anger management therapy and a short stretch for GBH).

What's the bid deal with being a family club anyway, they don't bring in much revenue and have never the lifeblood of the club

A SOUTHEND FAN ON RIVALS :-

I can't believe what I am reading .You will never stop football fans from swearing or standing up when your team has a chance to score a goal .Its a very passionate game mainly for the working class ,and some of us will always shout out with our views depending what has happened on the pitch and that sometimes involves swearwords .If they want to take this stance then they will have to send warning letters to 95% of the managers ,because they do it as well .This sounds very snobish and totally out of touch with todays game .

At Southend we are encouraged to be as loud and passionate as we can .We are told to make Roots Hall an intimidating and difficult place to play for the opposition .The Manager ,Chairman and players are always thanking us for all the noise that we make .They are lucky that you are paying good money to see a team that needs about 4 new players and is playing with a total lack of confidence especially when they go a goal down .A lot of heads dropped yesterday .Was'nt it them that sacked the Manager when you was near the top .They should send you a letter thanking you for your continued loyal support , which by the way ,I thought was excellent yesterday considering .

Best of luck to you ,I hope you turn it round ,I like your club and supporters and would love you to get out of this mess .

wilksi sends a victimised complaint email to the FCF and the Keith Draisey quote was on the city website

the day after, and now on the saturday they send out g-block letters??????

"Victimisation" of Dolman G Block

Keith Draisey says:

"The supporters in that block are not victimised and they will be stewarded while swearing and standing continues.

Recently we pulled the majority of stewards out from the Dolman G Block but the supporters

up there decided it was their opportunity to stand persistently again.

I don't care what happens at other grounds, there will be no persistent standing at

Ashton Gate because it's dangerous and we will be punished.

The club is working on other problems in the Atyeo and Dolman,

but cannot comment further at this stage."

victimised?? yeah right..

all we want to do is what southend did yesterday and vocally support

our team, having said that southend were stood up for large parts of the game

one rule for one and one rule for the other.

I don't care what happens at other grounds, there will be no persistent standing at

Ashton Gate

the club need to sort the shower on the pitch before peeing off it's fans...

IPB Image

A SOUTHEND FAN ON RIVALS :-

I can't believe what I am reading .You will never stop football fans from swearing or standing up when your team has a chance to score a goal .Its a very passionate game mainly for the working class ,and some of us will always shout out with our views depending what has happened on the pitch and that sometimes involves swearwords .If they want to take this stance then they will have to send warning letters to 95% of the managers ,because they do it as well .This sounds very snobish and totally out of touch with todays game .

At Southend we are encouraged to be as loud and passionate as we can .We are told to make Roots Hall an intimidating and difficult place to play for the opposition .The Manager ,Chairman and players are always thanking us for all the noise that we make .They are lucky that you are paying good money to see a team that needs about 4 new players and is playing with a total lack of confidence especially when they go a goal down .A lot of heads dropped yesterday .Was'nt it them that sacked the Manager when you was near the top .They should send you a letter thanking you for your continued loyal support , which by the way ,I thought was excellent yesterday considering .

Best of luck to you ,I hope you turn it round ,I like your club and supporters and would love you to get out of this mess .

This reply is under the posting "Victimising of G Block continues" by 'Gownohunter' on the message board at....

http://www.bristolcitynet.co.uk/

Has this club no shame? Even the Southend supporters are sympathetic to our plight at the hands of the middle-class muppet politically correct brigade that are running this club into the ground. :angry:

wilksi sends a victimised complaint email to the FCF and the Keith Draisey quote was on the city website

the day after, and now on the saturday they send out g-block letters??????

victimised?? yeah right..

all we want to do is what southend did yesterday and vocally support

our team, having said that southend were stood up for large parts of the game

one rule for one and one rule for the other.

the club need to sort the shower on the pitch before peeing off it's fans...

IPB Image

Well I'm glad I wasn't handed one cos If I was I'd tear up my season ticket and walk out of the ground never to come back - see how much support they get from the precious PC brigade, we'll be playing on the downs inside a decade

Sorry, but thats racist? no, i don't think so. And id say the same if somebody came up to me and said they dint like my flag, when it really is none of there business what i hang out of my window or on my property.

Sorry, but thats racist? no, i don't think so. And id say the same if somebody came up to me and said they dint like my flag, when it really is none of there business what i hang out of my window or on my property.

This is the whole problem with the PC brigade - any attempt at discussion and they brand you a racist, which gives them instant self-justification for their twisted, puritan philsophy and an excuse to refuse any further discussion with a "racist". No other country in the world would accuse anyone of being a racist for fling the national flag, and the more these people try and ban it, the more they play into the hands of genuine racists who want to hijak it for themselves

This is the whole problem with the PC brigade - any attempt at discussion and they brand you a racist, which gives them instant self-justification for their twisted, puritan philsophy and an excuse to refuse any further discussion with a "racist". No other country in the world would accuse anyone of being a racist for fling the national flag, and the more these people try and ban it, the more they play into the hands of genuine racists who want to hijak it for themselves

It's certainly not a Puritan philosophy to deny an Englishman his right to fly and display his national emblem. Quite the opposite, when England was governed by Puritans during the English Republic and Commonwealth period the St George flag was proudly displayed on coinage, even Cromwell's leading seaman - Admiral Blake - had his flagship named 'The St George'.

English Republic & Commonwealth & Protectorate sixpences 1649 - 1660. These were hammered coins and were fairly plain and featured the shield of St. George on the front (obverse) and the shield of St. George and Ireland on the back (reverse). Some of the earlier issues are fairly common but the later issues are very rare. Many coins are badly worn, bent or damaged and those in better than Fine condition are rare.

IPB Image

It's certainly not a Puritan philosophy to deny an Englishman his right to fly and display his national emblem. Quite the opposite, when England was governed by Puritans during the English Republic and Commonwealth period the St George flag was proudly displayed on coinage, even Cromwell's leading seaman - Admiral Blake - had his flagship named 'The St George'.

English Republic & Commonwealth & Protectorate sixpences 1649 - 1660. These were hammered coins and were fairly plain and featured the shield of St. George on the front (obverse) and the shield of St. George and Ireland on the back (reverse). Some of the earlier issues are fairly common but the later issues are very rare. Many coins are badly worn, bent or damaged and those in better than Fine condition are rare.

IPB Image

Perhaps I should have said "new puritan" agree they aren't directly comparable, but I'm referring to the ban anything I don't like and I know whats best for everyone brigade, generally white middle class liberals who act as self-appointed spokesmen (sorry spokespersons) for ethnic minorities (sorry minority ethnics)

I don't think he's being racist at all and I'm not 100% English - why shouldn't he fly the flag and why does it make him a racist ? What would heppen if he went to a foreighn country and objected to their flags everytwhere, would they get taken down ? I think not. You really need to get out more - In most countries the National flag flies from all public and quite a lot of private buildings - why should the English be ashamed of theirs - because a few wet middle class white liberals think it will offend asylum seekers ?

Hang on a minute. where did i say he shouldn't fly the flag, if people objected to it.

Read my post again.

"hmm you sound tolerent. Fly the flag by almeans, But not through your racist views.

No wonder people think the flag is offensive when people tell them to ###### OFF home if they don't like."

To behonest i was not disagreeing with ENGLAND's post but with the way it was written. By telling religioues follwers that they can ###### off to where they come from, if they don't like the flag being flown is a bit extreme. And sends out completley the wrong message to them anyway. And where do you send them if there born in this country or hold a british passport?

I agree that the flag should be flown from all public buildings (as in the usa) for national pride.

But england's post came across as racist

Archived