IGNORED

Taylor Report...

BB.

Still reading the Sun England!

Just for accuracy, I honestly don't think I have ever read the Sun - I understood that was impossible as it's all pictures.

Hell of a coincidence though that the two most recent major footballing disasters involving fan trouble should both involve Liverpool fans.

just visited the www.standupsitdown.co.uk and made an entry in the guestbook

Cannot go to Wycombe on Dec 29th for the "Standup Sit down" day but have suggested to the campaign organisers that a "Stand Up Sit down" sticker might be produced that all interested fans of all clubs could stick on their club shirt to publicise the campaign. How many of you would do this at Ashton Gate?

Cannot go to Wycombe on Dec 29th for the "Standup Sit down" day but have suggested to the campaign organisers that a "Stand Up Sit down" sticker might be produced that all interested fans of all clubs could stick on their club shirt to publicise the campaign. How many of you would do this at Ashton Gate?

What did they do at "stand up sit down" day? How did it go?

Are there any cards that can be held up to raise awareness about the return of terracing?

Concidering that most people believe that standing up wasn't the cause of any disaster then surely a return of terracing should be straight forward? No?

A) How come they have it in Germany and lower league football grounds?

B) How come it is safe at a concert in a football ground but not when there is a match going on?

Bring back terracing :englandsmile4wf:

Be interested to see what happens after 10s of thousands of England fans come back from Germany after "surviving" standing up to watch a game. If the Football Supporters Federation (or whatever they're called) can't use that to create an upsurge in support for standing then they'll be missing out on a trick.

Personally, I think it's in the club's interest as well as the fans. Standing allows more fans to occupy the existing ground removing the need to build bigger stands or move to a new ground to get more people in. Yes some updating will be required but not the wholesale planning permission needed to increase the height of existing stands to add another tier or for moving to a new site.

The other advantage that with standing the ground can be occupied at half capacity and still appear "full". Half capacity at a all seater stadium looks half-empty which leads to a further degradation in atmosphere.

Beside, if you need a sneaky leak and can't be bothered queing for the bogs, it's much easier to take one standing than sitting - for the lads at least. :blink:

Safe Standing Now.

The atmosphere would be alot better with standing .

Sing when you're standing,

You only sing when you're standing,

Sing when you're standing,

You only......

:)

I've found this poster I picked up pinned to the side of the Dolman,coming out of the East End dated 27th Jan, Vs Colchester. no year. Its's stupendously pro bringing City fans home. I'm just going to try and sort it out as my signiture I think.

This can't be quite like the anger of having your club relocate to Bath and then returning home to a Rugby gound 10 years later but WTF!?!

I'm fairly pleased we've not become the outcome of some coorporate franchise or what ever, been forced to leave Bristol and move down to the bottom end of Cornwell, then obviously be forced to reform but it does need sorting.

These are not actually consoladating enough thoughts.

It's a bit like comparing our goal difference to Crewe's.

I've found this poster I picked up pinned to the side of the Dolman,coming out of the East End dated 27th Jan, Vs Colchester. no year. Its's stupendously pro bringing City fans home. I'm just going to try and sort it out as my signiture I think.

Bow Legged Chicken produced them I think, if you PM him he may have the original files.

What did they do at "stand up sit down" day? How did it go?

Are there any cards that can be held up to raise awareness about the return of terracing?

Concidering that most people believe that standing up wasn't the cause of any disaster then surely a return of terracing should be straight forward? No?

A) How come they have it in Germany and lower league football grounds?

B) How come it is safe at a concert in a football ground but not when there is a match going on?

Bring back terracing :englandsmile4wf:

Dear BB I'm with you on using placards, signs, flags, whatever to publicise what I sense is growing support for the return of terracing (now we have the technology and experience post 1996 to make it "safer").

Have not yet checked out how it went at Wycombe Wanderers on Dec 29th with stand up /sit down day.

As far as I am aware the campaign is wisely built around the idea of choice - do I prefer to sit or stand when I support? You can't say one set of fans are better can you?

Its ironic that football supporters are denied choice at a time when consumer power is so powerfel elsewhere. Do the Boards of football clubs really know what is best for us?

Personally I want to stand and I can sing, shout and support more enjoyably and more effectively in my opinion if I am standing. Its a strong part of football culture.

So how do you want to start BB? Do you have access to printing resources?

Dear BB I'm with you on using placards, signs, flags, whatever to publicise what I sense is growing support for the return of terracing (now we have the technology and experience post 1996 to make it "safer").

Have not yet checked out how it went at Wycombe Wanderers on Dec 29th with stand up /sit down day.

As far as I am aware the campaign is wisely built around the idea of choice - do I prefer to sit or stand when I support? You can't say one set of fans are better can you?

Its ironic that football supporters are denied choice at a time when consumer power is so powerfel elsewhere. Do the Boards of football clubs really know what is best for us?

Personally I want to stand and I can sing, shout and support more enjoyably and more effectively in my opinion if I am standing. Its a strong part of football culture.

So how do you want to start BB? Do you have access to printing resources?

Yeah, I think there should be a choice. I reckon that around 25% of stadiums should be a terraced area.

Does anyone know if Germany are using the terracing in the World Cup? I heard somewhere that they are putting the seats back in for it and then taking them out afterwards, I don't know if this is true or not though!

Does anyone know how it went in Wycombe??

I don't have the means to produce the placards etc.. myself, I was hoping that the campaign organisers would be able to send stickers, flags and cards to Clubs up and down the Country...

I think it should be a simple "YES" to terracing from the people in authority to be honest (who ever they are), now we all know that standing is safe.

They have an area in every football ground for disabled/families/rich people/people who want to sit down, I've probably missed others too, all we ask is for an area for people who like to stand up, sing, shout etc... Would you say it's a type of descrimination?? Might be a bit harsh, but still!!

Bow Legged Chicken produced them I think, if you PM him he may have the original files.

Thankyou for the interst mate. Am so computererly (that is a word right?) under developed that I'll probably get my more 'at one with IT in general' mate to come over and sort things out with the use of a digi camara and the like as files may confuse me and last time that happened I had to spent the week sat here as a giant turnip. It was more of an inconveniance than anything but the shock element certainly warned of the dangers of getting confused I can tell you.

Out of interest, Is anyone up for getting a 'Talking absolute b0110x even when sober' Forum up and running?

I s'pose it is covered under the City Forum with most posts on here. Only joking of course!

By the way...

Am completely in support of BB and the SouthvilleKiddie.

Get Up Stand Up - Stand Up for your rights ......... Don't give up the fight

Power to the People

All I wanna say is that, they don't really care about us

etc etc

:city:

It is quicker and safer to evacuate an all standing area as opposed to a seated area as a people are already on their feet and b. there are no seats to trap feet under. As regards fears of a return to hooliganism; not in this day & age of crowd segregation.

Remember the Terms of Reference issued to Lord Taylor before he prepared his report were to find ways of making grounds safer AND to bring about the gentryfication of the game. Nuff said. :whistle:

I am in the second half of my life, but I prefer standing to watch football. But why are football fans treated differently to those of other sports. You are allowed to stand and drink alcohol whilst watching a first class cricket or rugby match, but not football. Is this because they are establishment past times? My son is at Uni in Huddersfield. He and some mates went to the stadium one midweek for a Rugby League game and stood whilst drinking. Three days later they went to watch Hud Utd and the same stewards in the same block told them to sit down and banned them from drinking or else they'd be out. :@

I would be up for joining any sort of City fans for Standing pressure group which could perhaps be started, hand out placrads and the like.

As only a fair lad of 20 (well 21 on Monday) the only real atmosphere I have had was when the EE was opened. Since then sitting in relative slience throughout games is awful. It's important to realise that we don't want the whole ground all seater and people have as much right so sit during a game as we do to stand. but still if the safety thing is no longer an issue surely it can be looked at.

Guest Stand Up Sit Down

Good thread and thanks to those of you who've already signed our petition and become members - if you've not already done so... www.standupsitdown.co.uk

The Safe Standing Day at Wycombe went well, with Sky giving the evening coverage along with several newspapers. Around 300 more tickets than normal were sold for the terrace, which isn't bad at all considering the time of year, weather and the fact the game was on Sky.

With regard to the Taylor Report, Stand Up Sit Down will soon be releasing an article on that very subject. In short, we are concerned that the authorities are using Hillsborough as an attempt to stifle debate and that there are some perhaps little known facts about that day that need to be brough into the open. It's not something we particularly wanted to do, but equally we feel it is all too convenient for the authorities to continue to ignore supporters wishes by just saying "Hillsborough" and heavily implying that terracing/standing kills. It will also address the widely held view that a return to standing would be a return to hooliganism. I'll post a copy on this site within the next week or so.

www.standupsitdown.co.uk

Good thread and thanks to those of you who've already signed our petition and become members - if you've not already done so... www.standupsitdown.co.uk

The Safe Standing Day at Wycombe went well, with Sky giving the evening coverage along with several newspapers. Around 300 more tickets than normal were sold for the terrace, which isn't bad at all considering the time of year, weather and the fact the game was on Sky.

With regard to the Taylor Report, Stand Up Sit Down will soon be releasing an article on that very subject. In short, we are concerned that the authorities are using Hillsborough as an attempt to stifle debate and that there are some perhaps little known facts about that day that need to be brough into the open. It's not something we particularly wanted to do, but equally we feel it is all too convenient for the authorities to continue to ignore supporters wishes by just saying "Hillsborough" and heavily implying that terracing/standing kills. It will also address the widely held view that a return to standing would be a return to hooliganism. I'll post a copy on this site within the next week or so.

www.standupsitdown.co.uk

Cheers for your reply Stand Up, I wasn't expecting that!

Can I ask, in your honest opinion, has terracing ever been the cause of a tragedy?

I read a link on one of my posts further up and it was saying how Taylor was forced to use selected evidence given to him by police to make up his final report. This second report was quite a lot different to his origional!

Yeah, the Hillsborough disaster wasn't an issue of sitting/standing was it? It was an issue of squeezing to many people into a to smaller area and having them penned in by metal fences.

There would be a similar disaster in the Atyeo or any other seated stand under those conditions but would they ban seating I ask you?

Why can't the powers that be see these things or is there something slightly more sinester going on?

WTFiGO!?!

www.standupsitdown.co.uk

Dear standup sit down thanks for the info on the day at Wycombe.

It seems to me that there is a decent number of us into this campaign - you are connected, would you please act as a link for us in helping publicise the Stand Up Sit Down.

Several of us including BB are interested in posters etc.. to display at City matches. I've looked on the site but cannot find information.

As a confirmed stander, I'd have a go at making a pilot run of City specific badges saying something like :

"Dear Steve. L

I"ve paid and I'd like to stand please"

(with the BCFC badge and the www.standupsitdown.co.uk address)

what do you all think?

Archived