IGNORED

Taylor Report...

BB.

I read thisTaylor Report question on the Steve L bit and just wandered if anybody has any news if safe standing is closer to happening or not?

I've been led to believe that we can scrap the Taylor Report now that he has passed away, if the authorities so desired.

Would people on OTIB want terracing to return?

Safe Standing Poll

I think it would help improve the level in noise of ever silenting stadia up and down the country with people on their feet, getting air to their lungs and all that!!

It would also make football open to a wider section of society in my opinion.

I for one think there should be a choice of seating or terracing in all stadiums.

Bring back terracing!! :englandsmile4wf:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Terracing would be great, but wont happen because.

1) The post 96 fans have no stomache for it.

2) Clubs don't want it, as ticket prices would be lower

Chesterfield are apparently planning a terraced area in their new stadium.

Seems to me there is grass roots support for this idea across all the leagues.

If we have moved on from the "bad old days" of soccer hooliganism and have the technology to make our grounds secure, why cannot this idea be applied at Ashton Gate.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Chesterfield are apparently planning a terraced area in their new stadium.

Seems to me there is grass roots support for this idea across all the leagues.

If we have moved on from the "bad old days" of soccer hooliganism and have the technology to make our grounds secure, why cannot this idea be applied at Ashton Gate.

It wouldnt attract the type of fan City want ie businessmen on corparate jollies, women and kids

Guest North Street

There is no reason why a club at our level cannot have a standing area.Chesterfield indeed are looking into this but that club has supporter representation on their board.There are terraced areas at many German grounds which are perfectly safe.

Different sport but Irelands new rugby ground New Croke Park which will hold 70,000 is going to have 13,000 seats.As stated there is grass roots support for this and the football supporters federation are involved in design of a "safe standing area". Terracing is no more dangerous than sitting so i would hesitate to use the word safe to describe either

As for Bristol City? This lot simply are not interested as the wishes of BCFC fans do not come into it.Unless it attracts new monied support forget it!

fans census concerning "safe standing" http://www.footballfanscensus.com/results_latest.html?id=62

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is what it looks like in Germany. Looks proper good! I got these images from a previous thread from man in black.

This lot simply are not interested as the wishes of BCFC fans do not come into it.Unless it attracts new monied support forget it!

I reckon it would attract the old school supporter back. I understand that quite a few people stopped going when stadiums became all seater.

No one will be forced to go there. I read the link from North Street and it says people voted 25%-31% of the ground (or something like that) to be terraced.

Does anyone know if it is any closer to happening or not?

Bring back terracing :englandsmile4wf:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Back in 1997 Labour pledged support for the return of terracing. I think with sky high prices in the Prem, the scrapping of the Taylor report is a real possibility.

The Health and Safety act makes the Taylor Report obselete.

Back in 1997 Labour pledged support for the return of terracing. I think with sky high prices in the Prem, the scrapping of the Taylor report is a real possibility.

Wasnt the Taylor report due to the trouble at Hillsborough?

Now we know it was the fault of the police, the report should be obsolete anyway.

after all, it was a totally over the top response which has certain similarities in the attack on our civil rights by the govt post 9/11

Terracing would be great, but wont happen because.

1) The post 96 fans have no stomache for it.

2) Clubs don't want it, as ticket prices would be lower

1) screw 'em: let them have the seats

2) on a ticket by ticket basis yes, but you would need to also factor in crowd capacity between terrace and all seater based upon a set square-footage of ground.

that said, I am not holding my breath on this one.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

The idea of safe standing is not to have crowded areas like previous terraces. As a result I would not have thought that capacity would be raised by replacing seating wih terracing. This is my guess, I don't know for a fact.

This is all stuff of dreams, City certainly wont be pioneers in any move, and any time this subject comes up in the press the hysterical few start shouting "hillsbrough"

The idea of safe standing is not to have crowded areas like previous terraces. As a result I would not have thought that capacity would be raised by replacing seating wih terracing. This is my guess, I don't know for a fact.

This is all stuff of dreams, City certainly wont be pioneers in any move, and any time this subject comes up in the press the hysterical few start shouting "hillsbrough"

I heard even the families of the people who died say they know it wasn't due to standing and that they are angry and gutted that the people responsable for the deaths won't own up, so justice can't be served.

"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...ues/4458990.stm

http://www.truststfc.co.uk/img/standing.jpg From werder bremen. this would probabley be more acheivable in england

Guest North Street

Wasnt the Taylor report due to the trouble at Hillsborough?

Now we know it was the fault of the police, the report should be obsolete anyway.

after all, it was a totally over the top response which has certain similarities in the attack on our civil rights by the govt post 9/11

The Taylor report was about crowd safety and not linked to "trouble at Hillsborough"! This is constantly over looked but there was "no" trouble between opposing fans that day and the report blamed the police and over crowding.It was not an over the top response at the time because the report was only offering recommendations which were turned into the footbal spectators act by the Tories who ignored parts of Taylors recommendations.

Feel obliged to comment due to this being a topic so close to my heart although I know it will make bu99er all difference to anything.

City's board of directors and the FA - through this **** Taylor are completely shooting themselves in the foot by alienating a large section of football fans from their clubs, particulary through this issue. City are also taking the complete p1ss over the East End.

From next season thats it for me.

Guest North Street

There is at present a labour working party looking into matters regarding topics such as standing at football but is iu now eighteen months at least into looking and ...?The Tories do not seem to have any opinion on the matter, the liberal party are in favour of safe standing areas along with the football supporters federation.The Taylor report is indeed out of date but seems to have taken on a role of the bible while the blue print for football from the football supporters federation get's ignored.

The Taylor report was about crowd safety and not linked to "trouble at Hillsborough"! This is constantly over looked but there was "no" trouble between opposing fans that day and the report blamed the police and over crowding.It was not an over the top response at the time because the report was only offering recommendations which were turned into the footbal spectators act by the Tories who ignored parts of Taylors recommendations.

Out of interest what parts did the tories overlook?

Guest North Street

Out of interest what parts did the tories overlook?

Taylor wanted a rethink in the way supporters were treated by the police clubs and authorities as he felt they were held in contempt by them, more consualtaion with fans, better leadership from the football bodies,the way the press and tv operated and to look at the root causes of why Hillsborough happened. The Conservatives brought in new laws and took on board the issue of seating but did not address Taylors observatioins that football supporters were being treated badly by the Police and the clubs.

That is "my" take on it but all the recommendations were certainly not followed.

I read thisTaylor Report question on the Steve L bit and just wandered if anybody has any news if safe standing is closer to happening or not?

I've been led to believe that we can scrap the Taylor Report now that he has passed away, if the authorities so desired.

Would people on OTIB want terracing to return?

Safe Standing Poll

I think it would help improve the level in noise of ever silenting stadia up and down the country with people on their feet, getting air to their lungs and all that!!

It would also make football open to a wider section of society in my opinion.

I for one think there should be a choice of seating or terracing in all stadiums.

Bring back terracing!! :englandsmile4wf:

I know this is not scientific but according to Fans polls City suppporters are heavily in favour of opening the East End, safe standing areas and having a club that listens to them. Somewhere amongst that even somebody as dense as me can see a theme developing!

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48213

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49650

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=47264

This is a summery of the first Taylor report, before it got changed by "selective evidence" according to

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/taylor.shtm

1. The immediate cause of the Disaster was the failure to cut off access to the central pens once gate C had been opened. This caused the overcrowding which led to the Disaster.

2. The central pens (3 and 4) were already overfull because there was no numerical control of entry nor any effective visual monitoring of crowd density.

3. Under the strain of overcrowding in Pen 3, a barrier collapsed, exacerbated by what Taylor referred to as the "sluggish reaction and response when the crush occurred". Lack of leadership and the small size and number of gates in the perimeter fencing hindered rescue attempts.

4. Gate C, an 'exit' gate between the inner concourse and the outside, was opened by the police because of the dangerous congestion at the turnstiles. There was no recognition, either by the club or the police, that unless fans arrived steadily over a long, drawn-out period the turnstiles would not be capable of coping with the large numbers involved. This was made worse by the fact that the operational order and police tactics did not consider the possibility of a large concentration of late arrivals. This situation, according to Taylor, was made worse by a drunken minority and the club's confused and inadequate signs and ticketing.

Makes interesting reading, apparently there were two reports from Taylor. Link

according to Fans polls City suppporters are heavily in favour of opening the East End, safe standing areas and having a club that listens to them.

1- The East End is shut

2- There are no standing areas

3- So what does this tell us about the clubs board???

love you

1- The East End is shut

2- There are no standing areas

3- So what does this tell us about the clubs board???

love you

Good point WTFiGO!?!. The board could do something about the East End, but I think the terracing issue is going to take all Clubs in football to stand together and fight for the right to STAND!! It could be done and although City can't fight the rule on our own and win, we can do our little bit to help, and if all Clubs did just a little bit, it would go a long way!!

I don't know if anybody has read the link yet, from a couple of posts up, but it is revealing! It says about how the police hand picked evidence for Taylor to make his report from. Taylor had already made one report that the famillies were happy with, but had to revize it but with only using the police's "selected evidence". I'm not sure how many people realise that there were two reports, I certainly didn't before

I read the link

All clubs could do a campaign together like the Kick Racism Out of Football campaign, but a Kick Standism Out of Football one!!

We could hold up cards and wear T-shirts and and ummm.....Who's with me?!?!?!

KICK STANDISM OUT OF FOOTBALL!!!!

The major cause of the disaster was the drunken Liverpool "fans" arriving late - allegedly - terracing should never be reintroduced from a safety and comfort point of view.

One occasion, two opinions

Anyone disagreeing with my point of view can p#ss off and vote me back as moaner of the year :dance:

The major cause of the disaster was the drunken Liverpool "fans" arriving late - allegedly - terracing should never be reintroduced from a safety and comfort point of view.

Anyone disagreeing with my point of view can p#ss off and vote me back as moaner of the year :dance:

:laugh: Allready voted though England. Didn't bother with the negative votes though except the fishmonger one and I'd be surprised if any one else got that vote except the one and only.

Anyway,

Terracing has allready been reintroduced in Germany!

It's also at many lower league grounds in the country. If it was really that dangerous, would it be allowed at all?

Has anybody read the link above yet and learnt anything new? What do people make of the assessment in the link?

Sounds like dodgy policemen corrupting the report to save their own skins to me!

Still reading the Sun England!

Archived