IGNORED

Bas Savage

Robbored

With what you have said, I agree with one thing. Savage should come on for the last 20.

He didn't win all of his headers at all when he looked confident, whenever that was?, Also it is a strikers job to chase lost causes in the channels.

In a few years he maybe OK, but as for now, he got no control, cant header a ball and he cant run. If this was any other player, evrybody would be killing him, not laughing at him and thats a fact.

It is a fact, that people want to see players making an effort for the money they are earning. Christian Roberts could run and score goals but he was lazy, same for Bridges. That is is why those teo won

Adi Akynbi, Goater and Cole all looked crap on the ball but they haven`t done bad, have they !

Ade Akinbiyi had strength, huge amounts of pace and he attacked the ball in the box.

Shaun Goater had strength, was a handful and attacked the ball in the box.

Andy Cole had a good touch, pace and attacked the ball in the box.

Bas Savage must improve one hell of a lot if he gets anywhere near the standard of these players. My one area is concern is that he won't improve on attacking the ball in the area.

He played okay the other night but you can't compare him to three players who had a lot of pedigre behind them.

Ade Akinbiyi had strength, huge amounts of pace and he attacked the ball in the box.

Shaun Goater had strength, was a handful and attacked the ball in the box.

Andy Cole had a good touch, pace and attacked the ball in the box.

Bas Savage must improve one hell of a lot if he gets anywhere near the standard of these players. My one area is concern is that he won't improve on attacking the ball in the area.

He played okay the other night but you can't compare him to three players who had a lot of pedigre behind them.

Also those three players looked dangerous and capable of scoring goals. I'm afraid to say unless he gets very lucky, I can't ever see Savage scoring. Prove me wrong please at Yeovil.

Also those three players looked dangerous and capable of scoring goals. I'm afraid to say unless he gets very lucky, I can't ever see Savage scoring. Prove me wrong please at Yeovil.

I'm sure not even the defenders of Savage think he'll turn out as good as those three. He might play a limited but useful role for us in the short term though, and maybe GJ can get the best out of him?

Must admit what Ive seen of Lily I don't rate him at all but can appreciate opinions of others in the way he takes the pressure from Brooker. Not sure if true but was told he has yet to score a goal in professional football if so can certainly see why. Is he supposed to be quick as he didn't look it as for heading well what can you say. Got a funny feeling he's going to become a crowd favourite.

Looks like your either going to love him or laugh at him

Guest Jorge RFC

I can't believe some of you guys actually think he is an ok football player. He was only at Reading for entertainment! He always comes up as a joke in any Reading conversation! My have you gone downhill, Leroy Lita to Bas Savage :blink:

I can't believe some of you guys actually think he is an ok football player. He was only at Reading for entertainment! He always comes up as a joke in any Reading conversation! My have you gone downhill, Leroy Lita to Bas Savage :blink:

I'm afraid I agree with you. It just shows how people's standards of players have slipped. Even people like Peacock and Roberts are better than him.

We know the differnce between Lita and Savage. We're not idiots. But we don't have any other tall front men so he can plug the gap sometimes

Wanna swap??

GJ makes a good point on the City website stating:

"Bas Savage is never going to look like Michael Owen. He can appear awkward at times, but he IS effective and it helps Brooker to have a physical presence alongside him"

This sums him up perfectly, GJ couldn't of said it better. I think Bas is useful upfront and helps bring the best out of Brooks. Bas can force multiple players to go after him, thus making Brooker a bigger threat with more freedom, rather than being over-crowded by opposing defenders!

Bas deserves the praise from GJ and from the fans in my view.

thank you captain obvious :blink:

i think you'll find if heywood did that, he wouldn't be playing at this level :doh:

How very rude. My point was that all players at this level have flaws so there is no point us slagging them off for them. Bas positively contribute to the team IMO.

He holds the ball up well, has a good awareness of play around him and rarely gives the ball away cheaply. He's not the most skillful or a fox in the box but he links up well with the rest of the team and Rotherham had real trouble handling him. Let's face it, he's about 10 times more effective than Bridges or Gillespie, and he gives 100% too.

Remind me, who made the perfectly-weighted lay-off to Brooker for the first goal?

I still think he was tackled you know ;)

Triple B - an absolute legend - Big Bad Bas!

He reminds me of Wayne Allison, he's just got to mishit a shot and it will fly in

Hasn't worked for him in his 30 plus games in his career so far....

He is very strangely effective. He did create chances, scare defenders and prove a nuisance yet at the same time provided sheer comical moments like his jumping and control over his feet....

Guest PapaLazarou

Hasn't worked for him in his 30 plus games in his career so far....

He is very strangely effective. He did create chances, scare defenders and prove a nuisance yet at the same time provided sheer comical moments like his jumping and control over his feet....

As I said he reminds me of Wayne Allison

well Bas Savage was a breath of fresh air for me on weds, full of running, caused havo.

In one 5 minutes spell, 60th to the 65th minute, 2 defensive eaders from corners, 1 shot and a free kick given against him, what else do you want from a gangly centre forward.

Reminds me of a stick insect, but was for sure a pain in the butt for all around him.

managed a step over and did his defender.

would have scored if murray didnt, check the vid hes running in behind him.

To me the answers are easy, we play stewart and brooker, stewart and cottrill up front and we loose 9 on the spin and are bottom.

we play bas and brooker and we take 10 of 12 points available, would have been 12/12 if basso was fit.

How can people even contemplate moaning about this ungainly giant when were winning again, still it wouldnt be bcfc if we didnt.

has there been any other signing in the last 2 years which has made such a POSITIVE impact on the team in there first 4 games???

Just a thought.

And you get on his back, if you could reach.

for all my cracks i think he is doing the buisness. will be clapping him on tomorrow lunch in sunny yeovil and again vs wallsall. cult hero in the making!

Archived