IGNORED

Swansea

claloudav

Is there something about Swansea we should be careful with?

I never really imagined them to have such a high profile and I wouldn't necessarily consider them as 'major' rivals , I mean it's not Cardiff coming to AG on Saturday is it.

Could anyone explain the need for the extra Police presence and ground restrictions and warnings about behaviour e.t.c or am I completely missing something somewhere along the lines......... :dunno:

• Admin

I never really imagined them to have such a high profile and I wouldn't necessarily consider them as 'major' rivals , I mean it's not Cardiff coming to AG on Saturday is it.

Could anyone explain the need for the extra Police presence and ground restrictions and warnings about behaviour e.t.c or am I completely missing something somewhere along the lines......... :dunno:

Simple answer is think back to the last time we played at the Vetch, on the evening game.

It was like a war zone around the ground that night :englandsmile4wf:

City and Swansea have a long history of violence, though this flared up big time the other year, 2000 if I can remember rightly.

Guest North Street

There is a considerable history between City and Swansea.If you've ever been to the Vetch then you'll know exactly what I mean.They're almost as bad as Cardiff - hence the high police presence.

More to the point would be if you have ever been to the Vetch [not now] when City play there.

However i can't remember Swansea's fans in twenty years playing up here!

I thought SOME of Swansea's 'fans' had caused trouble with many clubs not only us. I think they try to be the Welsh Millwall don't they, no one likes us and we don't care?

Not many clubs can claim to be hooligan and trouble free, but some clubs 'supporters' like that side of football better than football it's self?

Guest mnporter2001

jacks are not friendly bunch and with cardif not have any a game it wouldnt suprise me if they came over this side of the bridge as they don't like the jacks either, but god knows what side they would take, just hope the police are ready for all this.

its a shame cause my 8 year old daughter wants to come to the match but i think not

:englandsmile4wf:

jacks are not friendly bunch and with cardif not have any a game it wouldnt suprise me if they came over this side of the bridge as they don't like the jacks either, but god knows what side they would take, just hope the police are ready for all this.

its a shame cause my 8 year old daughter wants to come to the match but i think not

Don't be so stupid of course Cardiff lads won't come over, you think 100 or so would be able to get over without police hassel? Don't post such bs.

Mate don't go in to something you obviously havent got a clue about. Theres as much chance of Cardiff turning up or Swansea playing up as there is of us winning the FA cup this season.

Take your daughter.

What a load of rubbish, what world do you live in.

As if Cardiff are going to come to Bristol to have a pop at Swansea............wake up!

Mate don't go in to something you obviously havent got a clue about. Theres as much chance of Cardiff turning up or Swansea playing up as there is of us winning the FA cup this season.

Take your daughter.

My three-year-old daughter and two-year-old son will be there in the Dolman with me, all being well. It's like any potentially dodgy match. If you are sensible you can stay away from any trouble. If you look for it, you can probably find it.

I'm looking forward to an atmosphere at the Gate for a change, and I'd like the kids to experience it too. As Portland Bill said, take your daughter. Don't let the thugs win.

That last match at the Vetch was a bit lively, to say the least. I think that's the one where a Police Dog lost an eye, it was definately during a Swansea v City match anyway.

As has been said, those who go looking for trouble will probably find it, but that's probably the case at most games. I'd reckon that a very large perecntage of the crowd won't see any trouble at all.

cardiff won't come near ashton gate unless we are playing them.

At the risk of being branded a cynic; the police tell the club how many police are required on the day. If the club refuse that figure, the safety certificate is withdrawn and the game cannot go ahead. It's the end of January and Christmas bills are now due for payment; the game has a history so let's give over time to as many as poss.

I think that it is more than likely that Cardiff fans may be present. Does no one remember the last game of one season (against stoke I think) where they turned up and the park was like a warzone!! Having said this as was said earlier as with any potential troublesome match as long as you don't go looking for trouble and are wearing burberry or stone island or the like you will be fine.

I think that it is more than likely that Cardiff fans may be present. Does no one remember the last game of one season (against stoke I think) where they turned up and the park was like a warzone!! Having said this as was said earlier as with any potential troublesome match as long as you don't go looking for trouble and are wearing burberry or stone island or the like you will be fine.

I can guarentee, Cardiff won't be there 100%.

cardiff won't come near ashton gate unless we are playing them.

Well sorry to tell you that I have 3 friends coming with me Saturday ...all Cardiff fans who are coming because they want us to hammer the Jokes.....on the pitch that is of course.

And it is not the first time they have come to a AG with me - they have also been to an away match with me.

So Cardiff DO come near AG when they are not playing here.

I should return the favour one day and go to Nininan - but I just cant bring myself to do it somehow - maybe if they played the Gas!!

• Admin

And it is not the first time they have come to a AG with me - they have also been to an away match with me.

Somehow I don't think that it is this type of fan people are reffering to when they say about Cardiff coming to our place :englandsmile4wf:

Can't be that big Cardiff fans if they are watching two of their rivals, could you imagine going to Cardiff to watch them play Swansea :laugh:

Well sorry to tell you that I have 3 friends coming with me Saturday ...all Cardiff fans who are coming because they want us to hammer the Jokes.....on the pitch that is of course.

I should return the favour one day and go to Nininan - but I just cant bring myself to do it somehow - maybe if they played the Gas!!

Why would you want to go to cardiff, and watch them play the Gas ?????

when i say cardiff i mean the hooligan element (soul crew) :rolleyes:

this is the undertones of this thread is getting at ''trouble makers''

and is it going to be safe saturday...

This ranks alongside your other classic post....

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12313

Archived