IGNORED

Old Bill Overkill

Uncle Ern

Surely that means the will of the people because the majority of the people who voted, voted for the government. :)

Apart from the facts, you'll almost entirely right. :crying:

The vast majority of people who voted in the last General Election did not vote for the government. And that doesn't even begin to consider those who felt so disenfranchised by politics that they didn't use their vote.

Of course, you could extend this further and point out that two elections ago President Bush got less votes than his opponent in a two-horse race.

You were talking about the will of the people....

Mr Goblin, rather this system than the PR system which has crippled every European country since WW2. At least hard decisions can be taken, with a minimum of fussin, whereas look at Germany, Italy, Israel, Holland, Denmark, Austria.and the mess they are all in. Democracies are rarely ideal for everyone, unfortunately. :)

Mr Goblin, rather this system than the PR system which has crippled every European country since WW2. At least hard decisions can be taken, with a minimum of fussin, whereas look at Germany, Italy, Israel, Holland, Denmark, Austria.and the mess they are all in. Democracies are rarely ideal for everyone, unfortunately. :)

I gave you the link to Professor Vernon Bogdanor's article in the last post - did you read it through? It's heavy going but well worth reading. :) To be frank with you bucksred, all the countries you mention, barring perhaps Israel, give a better deal/ higher living standards overall to its general population than in this country.

How the Donald Duck did a simple debate about whether OB were over the top degenerate into this ?

It's your topic Elvis, and it's still on track :w00t: We've now got to the stage where it can be argued that the political system in this country does not represent the will of the majority. Therefore the Blair regime may be acting against the will of the people by deploying so many Royalist Gestapo Police against us yesterday. :whistle: The Blair regime does not have a democratic majority mandate to subjugate us at football matches :laugh:

Apart from the facts, you'll almost entirely right. :crying:

The vast majority of people who voted in the last General Election did not vote for the government. And that doesn't even begin to consider those who felt so disenfranchised by politics that they didn't use their vote.

Of course, you could extend this further and point out that two elections ago President Bush got less votes than his opponent in a two-horse race.

You were talking about the will of the people....

touche sir - my use of English was poor. I should have said that the party receiving most votes became the elected government.

As to the peasants who didn't bother to vote, the result was all their fault and they should be part of the alternate saturday entertainment when City are away and be hung by the neck until dead on College Green - now that would draw the crowds.

And in fact, it wasnt even the police that imposed it, because they couldnt. They requested it of Bristol City for the game at Swansea, and the people that run this club agreed.

The police blackmail the club into agreeing their draconian measures, which is a disgrace. It is the police that demand the ridiculous, unjust (and counter-productive, as argued in previous threads) measures such as insisting that all away fans travel on coaches from their 'home' city, despite the fact many do not live there. The club have little option but to agree because the police and council now have such power that they can threaten to reduce the capacity or even refuse a licence if the club does not do exactly what they demand.

Put yourself in SteveL's shoes, here. The police tell you that unless you agree to their demands to only let your fans travel by official club coach, the capacity for one of the few matches guaranteed to raise a big crowd - let's say Notts Forest, for example - will be severely restricted if there is the slightest sniff of trouble. The club are left with little alternative.

Given their demands regarding travel and ticket control, which both City and Swansea followed, the policing levels yesterday were completely over the top and, I believe, utterly unjustifiable. And of course, who has to pay for all this lovely overtime? The club. For which, read you and me. We pay the money for officers we don't need, just because the police threaten us unless we agree to the levels they want.

I also have to say that the blatant videoing of fans is itself little short of incitement, and surely goes against any principle of maintaining calm in a ground. I have never been involved in any violence at any match, nor would I in any way condone such appalling crime. But I have to say that, as a normal fan trying to watch my team, having a cop dressed like a member of the bloody SAS shove a camera blatantly in my face to video me as I carry about my lawful business of watching my club enrages me and leaves me feeling far more violated than anything the opposing fans can say and do. It has two effects:

1. It winds up fans, creating a more explosive situation

2. Such aggresive and non-specific provocation turns ordinary law-abiding supporters against the police.

And don't try to tell me it's just a way of getting fans' pictures on film. It isn't. The police can easily take a decent quality picture of any fan they want off of CCTV. It is about intimidating fans. And it reduces the respect that we have for the police, and therefore the support they can expect from us. Which is a shame, but true.

Blimey here we go again, the Queen is an unelected head of state. As head of state she enjoys massive privilege at taxpayers expense i.e. numerous palaces, a royal train, massive art collections and money from the civil list. Are you honestly trying to tell me she has no power and no influence ???!!!! Believe me, the Queen, as head of state, is merely advised and never 'told' what to do. The army, navy, police and air force see the Queen as their commander in chief. And you write that the Queen has no power ?????!!!!!

The negative attitude shown towards the authoities really concerns me not just flipant remarks but really deep seated hatred for police and any other person in authority.One last question what is the alternative anarchy mob rule survival of the fittest is that the way we want to live this is my final post on this subject. :englandsmile4wf:

The negative attitude shown towards the authoities really concerns me not just flipant remarks but really deep seated hatred for police and any other person in authority.One last question what is the alternative anarchy mob rule survival of the fittest is that the way we want to live this is my final post on this subject. :englandsmile4wf:

I don't mind authority just as long as it doesn't try telling me what I can and can't do.

The police blackmail the club into agreeing their draconian measures, which is a disgrace. It is the police that demand the ridiculous, unjust (and counter-productive, as argued in previous threads) measures such as insisting that all away fans travel on coaches from their 'home' city, despite the fact many do not live there. The club have little option but to agree because the police and council now have such power that they can threaten to reduce the capacity or even refuse a licence if the club does not do exactly what they demand.

Put yourself in SteveL's shoes, here. The police tell you that unless you agree to their demands to only let your fans travel by official club coach, the capacity for one of the few matches guaranteed to raise a big crowd - let's say Notts Forest, for example - will be severely restricted if there is the slightest sniff of trouble. The club are left with little alternative.

Given their demands regarding travel and ticket control, which both City and Swansea followed, the policing levels yesterday were completely over the top and, I believe, utterly unjustifiable. And of course, who has to pay for all this lovely overtime? The club. For which, read you and me. We pay the money for officers we don't need, just because the police threaten us unless we agree to the levels they want.

I also have to say that the blatant videoing of fans is itself little short of incitement, and surely goes against any principle of maintaining calm in a ground. I have never been involved in any violence at any match, nor would I in any way condone such appalling crime. But I have to say that, as a normal fan trying to watch my team, having a cop dressed like a member of the bloody SAS shove a camera blatantly in my face to video me as I carry about my lawful business of watching my club enrages me and leaves me feeling far more violated than anything the opposing fans can say and do. It has two effects:

2. Such aggresive and non-specific provocation turns ordinary law-abiding supporters against the police.

And don't try to tell me it's just a way of getting fans' pictures on film. It isn't. The police can easily take a decent quality picture of any fan they want off of CCTV. It is about intimidating fans. And it reduces the respect that we have for the police, and therefore the support they can expect from us. Which is a shame, but true.

Excellent post, and spot on

Guest MaloneFM

But this club is a total disgrace in allowing such an overkill for such a little match. When we played swampsea in the league cup a couple of years ago there was hardly any plod present and no hint of trouble,

Oh Spotty bless your heart.

Was that the very same league cup game where we went 1 - 0 up after about a minute? Where Jan Molby got 'you fat blister' as he walked off at half time pointed to himself and said 'me?'. Was that also the same league cup game where it was another 45 minutes of dull long ball rubbish?

And 10 minutes before the end Swansea ran at the pitch to try to get it abandoned and fought with the police dogs and the stewards? Would that not qualify as a hint then?

I may be old and nuts and think I'm a penguin but I remember that one.

Writing for myself I'm quite an amenable person. However, over and over again I come across examples of the systematic persecution of ordinary people in this country and I'm none too happy about this situation. Read RedTop's post on this thread, RedTop is a person close to the hierarchy of this club and he writes of how this club is being literally blackmailed by the Police and local council. :angry:

I do not advocate mob rule or survival of the fittest but simply a fair and just society protected by a fair and just legal system. Not what we suffer now.

God Save Us from Royalist Tyranny.

IPB Image

Agreed...

Agreed..

Possibly so....

say that the blatant videoing of fans is itself little short of incitement, and surely goes against any principle of maintaining calm in a ground. I have never been involved in any violence at any match, nor would I in any way condone such appalling crime. But I have to say that, as a normal fan trying to watch my team, having a cop dressed like a member of the bloody SAS shove a camera blatantly in my face to video me as I carry about my lawful business of watching my club enrages me and leaves me feeling far more violated than anything the opposing fans can say and do. It has two effects:

Nonsense - Ive been videod and at any number of away matches and haven't felt either 'wound up' inany way.Why? because I have nothing to fear.I'm not a hooligan ,I don't cause trouble nor do I intend to.The police can video me as much as they like - it ain't a problem as far I'm concerned.

s a shame, but true.

spot on fair shout..

It certainly seemed that way. Was there really any need for this type of 'Old Bill OverKill' on Saturday? :doh: .......

IPB Image

Of course there was.

After all, they took out 2 fans who went quietly :blink:

Our club paid for that debacle. The Chief Super must be laughing all the way to his un-earned bonus! :angry:

Of course there was.

After all, they took out 2 fans who went quietly :blink:

Our club paid for that debacle. The Chief Super must be laughing all the way to his un-earned bonus! :angry:

After the way our fans were treated by the royalist blue bellies * at Walsall last season I'm utterly amazed that the Avon & Somerset police are now employing the same methods against our fellow BCFC supporters. Below is an actual account by one of the BCFC Walsall 10. As of yet he has received no apology or compensation for his ordeal at the hands of the corrupt Walsall Police..............

"The police are now trained to bring up arrests as muchas they possibly can. it adds to theri statistics and Mr. Blaire can then say he is tackling crime when really he isnt he is causing it. i have had the unfortunate "pleasure" of experiencing this first hand. Being arrested for apparently being drunk and agressive to a copper.

My only crime was trying to get another person into the stadium so he was not wandering the strange streets on his own, which on its own is much more likely to cause trouble than him beign in the stadium with a bunch of fans, a POLICED stadium may I add. The f^^king law can't see past thier new labour regime and their "targets" those bastards lied in court and swore on oath that I was aggressive. I am not stupid enough to get agressive with coppers! I tried arguing that it was my 18th birthday, shown them my ID, promised I would walk directly tothe stadium and yetthey still felt te need to cuff me and drag me to their van.

The police these days have these bloody targets, to arrest so many people to make it look like they are tackling something and all it causes is more crime. If they were to publish how many people get away with the amount of arrest they make i am 100% sure these statistics would not look so bright. However if the old bill can get away with lying on oath like they did with me then who knows whatgoes on. my only question is if I got found not guilty they must have been lying about me being agressive towards them, what pnishment did they get? what compensation did I get? NONE. Justice? What the f^^k is that?"

* blue bellies were King Charles' elite infantry that were slaughtered by Oliver Cromwell's Ironsides and the glorious English Republican army at Naseby during the summer of 1645 :laugh:

Anyway, we are so short of players these days that one of the coppers has squad number 24 on!

I'm not sure about blue belly No. 24, it's Gestapo squad No. 23 that bothers me, he has his back to us for good reason......

IPB Image

His true identity now revealed by the Red Goblin's intelligence services, he was at Stone Henge in 1985 :shutup: WATCH OUT LADS !!!! 21 years ago he was battering the convoys and now he's coming for us !!!!!!! :shutup: .........

IPB Image

I reckon its due to the fact OB presence is so rare at Football and at AG that they've completely fallen out of touch with how peaceful it has become and so what ever minor infringements there are they clamp down on all the more.

Am proud to announce I feature in this picture but I've heard the 'racist' chanting before and its gone completely unprevented with the absence of OB. You could even interpret it as more of a fact of oppinion than racism. Would it be racist for me to claim that I'd rather be from Australia (nice hot democratic country) than N.Korea?

Yeah I'm on it as well. Pity I haven't got a good side for the camera what ever the angle.

To reiterate a previous post these guys arent racist so much as anti-Welsh for the day (Their mate stood between them is Afro-Carribean) and the chanting is part of normal banter. What about the "tractor" type songs - did we get offended- no chance.

Did any Taffs get arrested for singing "always $ h1t on the English side of the bridge" ??

Thought not.

The arrests were petty, the alleged offences were nothing to what went on in the past and before anyone tells me "We live in a different world now" football always was and always will be tribal. It evokes passions and polarises peoples views.

:englandsmile4wf:

The arrests were petty, the alleged offences were nothing to what went on in the past and before anyone tells me "We live in a different world now" football always was and always will be tribal. It evokes passions and polarises peoples views.

:englandsmile4wf:

Some would say they like their world this way :( The subjugation, coercion and control of G Block Dolman Stand - one of the few remaining vocal sections at Ashton Gate. All done to maintain the vanity of the corrupt war-mongering Tony Blair regime.....

IPB Image

Archived