IGNORED

User Names

tompo

Guest Friday The 13th

No idea why I choose mine :D But still it's kind of fitting today!

I soon realised there was a film also called this and it has no relation what so ever to my username! Apparently it sucks.... so just clarifying my taste in films isn't that bad.

Tell me about it  :D
What's the worst threat that has been made to you. I really am serious 'cos I've heard a few in my time and personally believe that nowadays ref's should get danger money.

In our league last season an 18 yo ref was put in hospital for really no apparent reason. I consider myself to be fairly gentlemanly and if I make a statement to the ref at any point I would apologise after, and I would make my players apologise after.

What's the worst threat that has been made to you. I really am serious 'cos I've heard a few in my time and personally believe that nowadays ref's should get danger money.

In our league last season an 18 yo ref was put in hospital for really no apparent reason. I consider myself to be fairly gentlemanly and if I make a statement to the ref at any point I would apologise after, and I would make my players apologise after.

I've only had a few choice ones such as "wa***r". The other week I had a player come up to me after the game and contest EVERY decision I had made. I just brushed him off. Luckily for him he wasn't abusive, otherwise I would have enjoyed filling a report on him! (I could have done him for dissent anyway, but to be honest it's too much paperwork)

I don't mind it when you know a player is just frustrated and then they apologise a few minutes later. In fact, that kind of makes you feel good. But there are times you're running around at 10:30am on a cold wet Sunday morning and you think 'why am I doing this?'

p.s. and it's only when you become a ref that you realise that the majority of people have absolutely no ideas on the laws of the game! :D

Anyway, back to why people choose their usernames.....

In an ideal world I'd have been 22A, not twenty2A, but it was already used elsewhere. I have 22A on the back of my shirt though.

Apart from City, I'm also a railway enthusiast and in the days of steam, all the engine sheds had an alpha numeric code. The GWR shed was 82A and the Midland, who painted their engines red was 22A. Therefore, to a railway enthusiast (do NOT use the T word please) 22A was home to the red side of Bristol.

Incidentally I have no connection whatsoever with the 22A website. I stumbled across that by accident and I urge everyone NOT to access it please. It looks like a children's site with colouring competitions and cartoons etc, but as you scroll down, it asks you to click on the severed tongue to see photos of sexy men. :D

City rocker, y'all a Clash fan by chance?

Living in deepest Bucks I keep getting reminded of a pre season freindly we had at Aylesbury Utd, the last time we got up to Div 1 where we got beat 6-2, and pretty much a full strength team feiled. among the crowd of about 250 ishwere two Evertonians, giving Bailey, one of the players at that time ########, cos he used to play at Everton(?)We were bloody awful that day, and ironically I beleive they were the only defeat of the pre season fixtures that year, played in Scotland, the obligitary west country tour...and we lost to a part time side!!

speaking of Scousers too, had a few mates(I was in the RAF then), and if they saw a City shirt they'd turn the other way and walk off, cos they dreaded the p*** taking which of course we wouldnt do eh? :D:):D:D:(

How do Cider-reds (and the North Bristol losers) get treated up your way?

Except for Watfart, who think they are better than the rest of us(cant wait to play them again!!), and the Mancs, we get reasonable respect, except when we play em, and we are regarded as a big team, rather than lower league losers, which aint too shabby. where I work we got Luton, QPR, & Wycombe supporters, and used to have Crewe,Watfart, & Northampton as well when they were in our Div.

Roll on Div 1, and we have happy Hammers, & Leeds fans too.. :D

City rocker, y'all a Clash fan by chance?

Of course! First saw em when I was 13 and City were in division 1. With those kind of influences in your formative years, how could you fail to grow up a Clash City Rocker?

Thanks for answering the original question of this thread for me by the way, which I hadn't been arsed to do.

Think it's fairly obvious why I chose my name!

I used to (very) occasionally post under "Bobby" in the old forum.

Notice there's another Bobby now.

Yes and I chose Bobby for somewhat bizarre reasons.

Believe it or not "Bobby" is the name Tony Blair used as code for Peter Mandelson when he was trying to hide the amount of influence Mandy had at the beginning of this Labour Government :P

So I kind of remembered it and because of old political activity got labelled with it myself on occasions, so use it now :D

Of course! First saw em when I was 13 and City were in division 1. With those kind of influences in your formative years, how could you fail to grow up a Clash City Rocker?

Totally agree.

Some might think we are just Boring old ####s but I say, "Better leave town if you only wanna knock us, nothing stands the pressure of the Clash City Rockers"

Which concerts did you go to? I saw them in Hyde Park in '77 at "The Studio" '78 and two nights running at Colston Hall on the London Calling tour. Great nights all.

Archived