IGNORED

Forum Moderators

StapleHillPhil

• Admin

not sure about payment but he did say about the ownership of data etc being cliks.

I'm 99.99% certain that BCFC pay CLIK for the hosting and admin of the forum - IIRC its runs to a couple of K a year, but I won't swear to the figure. I am so unsure it could be a couple of hundred, but I am sure, whatever the cost, the club pay it.

Awesome, I'm really glad I know where our money is going...

Sorry I don't seem to have made myself clear - Money raised from Sign-ups, donations, etc. will not contribute revenue towards running the forum. If the Trust pay for the forum permenantly then it will be self-sufficient.q

BCFC will pay the hosting for the next 6 months, and after that if the Trust have sufficient revenue raised from advertisement, etc. then the costs will be transferred to them on a permenant basis.

How are you going to raise revenue from advertisement? You mean ads on the trust site or will there suddenly be ads on here?

Nibor

Sorry I don't seem to have made myself clear - Money raised from Sign-ups, donations, etc. will not contribute revenue towards running the forum. If the Trust pay for the forum permenantly then it will be self-sufficient.q

How?

Advertising? Or do I have to pay 10p every time I want to moan about Woodmans defending?

so what about the other forum? double payment for 2 forums?

i'm guessing from fan sign ups? what a waste on 2 forums..

:doh: :

so what about the other forum? double payment for 2 forums?

i'm guessing from fan sign ups? what a waste on 2 forums..

:doh: :

The other forum doesn't incur any charges (I think, don't hold me to that), if that's what you meant.

Umm, I don't understand what you mean here Ron, how can you pay for it permenantly? and how will it be self-sufficient? Running costs are just that....running, you can't pay for your Gas bill permenantly can you?

ST money is ST money regardless of where it comes from, it's one big pot....i think :blink:

so if it does not incur any charges then good business sense would be to stay put on

a working invision forum.

As I would have thought was obvious this forum is not here to deal with trust matters, and to have a section where this happened would create a public uproar.

Can I just reiterate that reading of the 2 press releases on the offical BCFC site and the Supporters' Trust site will answer any/all of your questions.

so if it does not incur any charges then good business sense would be to stay put on

a working invision forum.

51 new members validated today as well...

Charges are based mainly on traffic, whichever site ends up with the traffic otib gets will start costing.

I'd be amazed if banner ads were capable of producing an income sufficient to pay the real cost of running this site.

As for the rest, since the trust working party represent a tiny fraction of the near 5000 users of OTIB I am shocked there wasn't some sort of consultation and I hope that's not indicative of the future.

Nibor

As I would have thought was obvious this forum is not here to deal with trust matters, and to have a section where this happened would create a public uproar.

Can I just reiterate that reading of the 2 press releases on the offical BCFC site and the Supporters' Trust site will answer any/all of your questions.

I don't think anyone at all would object to their being a section for trust business on here.

Neither of the press releases answers many of the questions asked in this thread.

Nibor

... but they don't. I appreciate you letting us know a bit more Ron, and I understand if you have said probably too much already - but they don't give us the full picture.

Ron to be fair you shouldn't have been put in the position where we are harrasing you for answers.

The club should have been open about it's intentions and consulted the users of the forum.

The trust should have told the club to do so when it was approached.

Nibor

Spoken like a true "mod in waiting" anyway.

If it is so obvious, why are people asking questions?

I think my penny a post thread is having more substance after reading this thread!! :whistle:

Whats the point of basically having two forums that are being run by the ST.

This should be a independant forum ran by seperate mods IMO and I'm sure many others would agree.

Huh? But until yesterday this was a far from independent forum, run by the club itself. Now it is run and moderated by an organisation that represents the fans.

There used to be some mods representing the interests of the organisation that runs it, now there are mods representing the interests of the organisation that runs it.

What has changed?

It is just no longer the 'official' fans forum, that is about it really.

Its almost as if you have been told by a certain someone to say a certain something, along these certain lines...

Not trying to stir anything, just posting how it may come across. :ph34r:

*edit*

Dogbert, I felt that although the club ran it, the forum was our own for the fans. If it then gets taken over and ran by the same of the ST, then it won't be the same IMO. It doesn't seem as if its neccesary for the ST to become mods of another forum as well as their own.

I'm not one for being in 'the know' about the direction of which this forum came from and where its going.

No disrespect to the ST, but this forum and the ST forum should appear independant. Thus being modded and ran by totally different people.

Sorry if you don't get what I'm trying to implicate mate.

Huh? But until yesterday this was a far from independent forum, run by the club itself. Now it is run and moderated by an organisation that represents the fans.

There used to be some mods representing the interests of the organisation that runs it, now there are mods representing the interests of the organisation that runs it.

What has changed?

yes but that is right but going back through this thread the point is

that do we have the right mods for the job as so far some who have had

a go at it just ain't up to it.

What has changed?

This was an independent forum before it was the official one, and many posters here date back that far. If it's run by the trust it isn't independent is it? It's dependent on the trust.

This forum is like the football club itself, it's really a community assett because without the community who use it, it's worth nothing. Handing it over to a small group of supporters is simply wrong.

The moderators are seemingly to be chosen from a small group of the posters on here with no input from the users, a significant number of whom would have objected to some of those who were given temporary mod power. That's not going to help keep otib going is it? It's going to alienate people.

It's not run by the fans for the fans unless the majority of the fans who use it get a chance to influence what is being done.

Why wasn't this done out in the open and other options considered?

Nibor

He wasn't put in any position, he decided to get involved.

The people who decided to do this behind closed doors put him in the position.

Nibor

No. Ron decided of his own volition to join in this thread. Is Ron is an official of the Trust and speaking on their behalf ? Or voicing his own opinion ?

He did, but unless someone had decided to keep us all in the dark and give the secret info to a select few then it couldn't have happened.

It's not really fair on him that he knows answers he seems to want to give us but can't.

Nibor

This was an independent forum before it was the official one, and many posters here date back that far. If it's run by the trust it isn't independent is it? It's dependent on the trust.

This forum is like the football club itself, it's really a community assett because without the community who use it, it's worth nothing. Handing it over to a small group of supporters is simply wrong.

The moderators are seemingly to be chosen from a small group of the posters on here with no input from the users, a significant number of whom would have objected to some of those who were given temporary mod power. That's not going to help keep otib going is it? It's going to alienate people.

It's not run by the fans for the fans unless the majority of the fans who use it get a chance to influence what is being done.

Why wasn't this done out in the open and other options considered?

Nibor

Spot on there mate, agree 100%.

Well said.

Archived