IGNORED

Forum Moderators

StapleHillPhil

If you were told but cant say....why say anything??? So we would all come up with a more sinister theory? What do you gain from this?

Really I am honestly interested to know the answers to my questions?

not answering for you cider head but from your post i gathered that you knew, cannot say to retain the confidence of the person who told you but didnt like what you heard.

thats a valid post IMO

I don't really see what the problem is. There were moderators before the change and there will be moderators after the change.

I have moderated on other forums before and the job is simply to stop the forum owners (still BCFC as far as I am aware) from getting into trouble as everything contained on the forum is their responsibility so any slanderous, racist or just plain nasty posts need to be cut out to make this a safe and happy environment for all who wish to use it.

I am quite frankly dismayed at the level of support some city fans are showing with this move. Like we get behind the players every week we should get behind the supporters who are giving up their free time, and often money, to help better this club.

If you have personal issues with people then tough luck, get over it. If you think you could do a better job then why not get involved. I have just printed off my application for the supporters trust as I think it is a good idea and will do all that I can to help support the club. Have you?

I don't really see what the problem is. There were moderators before the change and there will be moderators after the change.

I have moderated on other forums before and the job is simply to stop the forum owners (still BCFC as far as I am aware) from getting into trouble as everything contained on the forum is their responsibility so any slanderous, racist or just plain nasty posts need to be cut out to make this a safe and happy environment for all who wish to use it.

I am quite frankly dismayed at the level of support some city fans are showing with this move. Like we get behind the players every week we should get behind the supporters who are giving up their free time, and often money, to help better this club.

If you have personal issues with people then tough luck, get over it. If you think you could do a better job then why not get involved. I have just printed off my application for the supporters trust as I think it is a good idea and will do all that I can to help support the club. Have you?

The forum is owned by clik I believe.

The job of a moderator is to enforce the forum rules. As I'm sure you're aware it's preferable to select moderators who are respected by the majority of the forum users since this makes for less arguments.

Distrust and lack of support is engendered by the cloak and dagger way this currently APPEARS to be being done.

Nibor

Ciderhead and myself have been kept in the picture for sometime because we run/moderate the other two main BCFC forums, simple as that really.

The forum is owned by clik I believe.

The job of a moderator is to enforce the forum rules. As I'm sure you're aware it's preferable to select moderators who are respected by the majority of the forum users since this makes for less arguments.

Distrust and lack of support is engendered by the cloak and dagger way this currently APPEARS to be being done.

Nibor

Hmm, yes and no, but mainly yes!

Moderating a forum isn't too difficult, just takes many person hours. The greatest problem is obviously

libel.

Ciderhead and myself have been kept in the picture for sometime because we run/moderate the other two main BCFC forums, simple as that really.

also yes this is true.

now there is no problem with otib, click or the supporters trust.

now just one or 2 who are on the fringe of it have been or did have

trusted mod rights but messed up, now this mod broke broke confidence

in what is so called happens behind the scenes of this forum which caused

akward questions on another board

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39617

now this person posted in the steve l section but was caught out

(as only mods can reply in that section)

only to cover tracks and delete the post and clear admin logs which

are clicks, also another to be mod boasting about the change in the red and white bar,

ok fine, BUT when someone posted it on another forum a 3rd mod to be started threatening legal

action about breaking the news on a forum launch/change over that simply in reality is not

their forum it is clicks, they are just to mod it.

now ask yourself are they they right people to mod a very difficult forum as it is?

personally i don't think so.

i feel it should go to geoff and tom of click with what i'd call the old school posters

of mabe edson, redtop, cheshire_red and co. but that's my opinion.

i feel it should go to geoff and tom of click with what i'd call the old school posters

I 100% agree, though I don't know if they'd want to do it.

As for the rest, some people just aren't sensible enough to do it and this forum would just end up degenerating into even more of a cliquey warzone than it is currently which would be a real pity.

Nibor

also yes this is true.

are clicks, also another to be mod boasting about the change in the red and white bar,

ok fine, BUT when someone posted it on another forum a 3rd mod to be started threatening legal

action about breaking the news on a forum launch/change over that simply in reality is not

now ask yourself are they they right people to mod a very difficult forum as it is?

Interesting stuff CH. As a fully paid up member of the ST I'm surprised to hear that fringe members of the group have been given moderator status.

I'd be more than happy for Tom & Geoff to retain their moderator status and would suggest the decision of who else to approach to moderate should be left with them to decide in the first instance.

As for the rest, some people just aren't sensible enough to do it and this forum would just end up degenerating into even more of a cliquey warzone than it is currently which would be a real pity.

Nibor

that is the real point and not the actual change of otib, the right people

need to do it some people just aren't sensible enough :)

untill the right people are in place it will get worse as cliquey forum.

also yes this is true.

(as only mods can reply in that section)

The whole thing stinks!

The supporters trust was seperate to the forum, and know it is modding it! the decision was made behind the majority of peoples backs.

Interesting stuff CH. As a fully paid up member of the ST I'm surprised to hear that fringe members of the group have been given moderator status.

I'd be more than happy for Tom & Geoff to retain their moderator status and would suggest the decision of who else to approach to moderate should be left with them to decide in the first instance.

fair comment.

moderator status was given in a hidden forum but have made a right arse of it :doh:

don't like giving too much away on what the admin cp is like but we have all been side

tracked from the main problem ''the right people to be mods'' .

there is other names from the trust that have been put foward but i'll keep an open

mind on that.

Hmmm

I feel a poll coming on......

I must say, and totally unbiased, I believe the St has gone into this arrangement with blinkers on, the negatives of the ST running this forum unfortunately far outweigh the positives.

i agree if this forum is to be independent of the club then it has to be just that ''independent''

of the club, the trust, rivals and yes the sub..

it has really got to be run by the fans for the fans and this is not a dig at the trust as they do work hard but

this place needs it's own identity.

ok by the fans for the fans could mean the ST but not everyone is behined that :dunno:

just trying to get a level on it all...

Bear with me as I may have missed it, but how did this arrangement (the club taking a step away from the forum and the ST taking the reins) come about? Did the ST offer to take over the running of the forum and moderate it? was it one of their objectives? Did the club plan on backing away? What would happen if there was no ST? When was it all decided as there must have been a few meetings?

Not that any of the above makes a great deal of difference, but I'd be interested in the answers.

• Admin
Bear with me as I may have missed it, but how did this arrangement (the club taking a step away from the forum and the ST taking the reins) come about? Did the ST offer to take over the running of the forum and moderate it? was it one of their objectives? Did the club plan on backing away? What would happen if there was no ST? When was it all decided as there must have been a few meetings?

Not that any of the above makes a great deal of difference, but I'd be interested in the answers.

Your not the only one......................

Might sound like a silly question, but who pays for the this forums running cost? I don't expect it cost a fortune to maintain and fund, but i would just be interested in how it will be funded from now on, will this now be down to the ST or BCFC? :dunno:

it is owned by clik, they own the licence to the invision software and all

the data on this forum and as they are partly a hosting company my guess it is hosted free.

in short it's geoff and toms company's baby :)

Did the club plan on backing away? What would happen if there was no ST?

This is the key question for me as well.

The supporters trust is no place for the "official" fans forum.

I fear that SL is handing a dirty nappy the way of the ST and now washing his hands of it all. Will the ST now work closely with the FCF? Will they take over the duties of collecting for the half time draw? Volunteers for the shop during a busy period?

This is not what the trust was set up for.

And as for core members of the ST becoming moderators, I'm sorry, but we should of been told - even voted for two or three of their members for moderators.

I know whose posts I like to read of those from the ST, same as who I would like to moderate this forum. Its nothing personal to any of them, but in a professional view, it will not be moderated fairly. It will just be persoanl opinions on what to moderate, and too many cooks etc etc...

The ST is a self appointed group at present. How are they prepared to take this role on so early? And why werent we told? Not a great start....

Once again, I fully agree with Ciderhead, TomF and GeoffA to carry on as moderators, with posters such as Edson, Schutzhund etc as moderators.

I may have the wrong end of the stick in relation to all this, but then again, same old BCFC I will have to make my own opinion up after receiving no previous information...

it is owned by clik, they own the liecence to the invision software and all

the data on this forum and as they are partly a hosting company my guess it is hosted free.

in short it's geoff and toms baby :)

I think the club pay clik for the service but I'd guess that it isn't exactly a big earner for clik.

Nibor

• Admin

it is owned by clik, they own the licence to the invision software and all

in short it's geoff and toms company's baby :)

Unless I'm seriously mistaken, the hosting & admin costs are paid by BCFC. At least until now they were.

Unless I'm seriously mistaken, the hosting & admin costs are paid by BCFC. At least until now they were.

BCFC will pay the hosting for the next 6 months, and after that if the Trust have sufficient revenue raised from advertisement, etc. then the costs will be transferred to them on a permenant basis.

Archived