IGNORED

Forum Moderators

StapleHillPhil

So do I have to sign up to the supporters trust forum, or is it this forum here that is being managed by the ST in 20 minutes time??!

Hello Dolly!

Hi Lord in answer to your question no you don't have to sign up for the ST forum, although that has plenty of information on what is happening with regards to the trust, information that you might find interesting and information which is available to anyone with interest.

This forum will not change, all that is happening is that members of the supporters trust will be moderating it, me being one of them. It will not affect people on here, no will it affect our members.

Hi Lord in answer to your question no you don't have to sign up for the ST forum, although that has plenty of information on what is happening with regards to the trust, information that you might find interesting and information which is available to anyone with interest.

This forum will not change, all that is happening is that members of the supporters trust will be moderating it, me being one of them. It will not affect people on here, no will it affect our members.

So are you lot intending to answer any of the questions about why this was done in the dark and why mods were only chosen from the party with no say for the rest of the users?

Nibor

I suggest that any ST Trust Committee members (or however you are named) lay off this for a while and quickly consult as to how to answer these questions and have 1 spokesperson. I'm worried that this PR disaster is a prelude as to what is to come.

Horrified.

agreed

the annoying thing is the cloak and dagger aspect of it all and long standing members of

this forum were not consulted, why is that? hmmm i guess they dam well knew

a lot of people would not like a few of the mods that were or are to be chosen.

it's shocking.

No offence meant, but, who are you?

I view this forum quite often and this is the first post I have seen from you even though you have made 635 apparently!

Did you previously post under another alias?

Just intrigued. Sort of a get to know your mods kind of question

I view this forum quite often and this is the first post I have seen from you even though you have made 635 apparently!

Sence the darkside in him do you?

let's get this right..

well i've said in theory the ST is a good idea but i've also said i'm not committing a penny

untill i know who is running what as everything and everyone is in an acting role in

their jobs on the ST, elections i'm told are to happen? shouldn't the trust as a organization

get that sorted before they worry about sodding mods on a forum???

now going by forum cock ups my money is staying in my wallet.

this thread tops it off..

Yes, but why is that relevant as i'm just a lowly member; this person is moderating our forum on our behalf.

Simply trying to establish who he is. Don't really see what your problem with that would be. Hey-ho! :unsure:

let's get this right..

well i've said in theory the ST is a good idea but i've also said i'm not committing a penny

untill i know who is running what as everything and everyone is in an acting role in

their jobs on the ST, elections i'm told are to happen? shouldn't the trust as a organization

get that sorted before they worry about sodding mods on a forum???

now going by forum cock ups my money is staying in my wallet.

this thread tops it off..

Hasn't this forum issue all but been forced upon them though?

If it wasn't for them wouldn't it be shut now?

We don't know how the modding will be yet, it might be fine and dandy.

As for Ron answering our questions, I wish the club would take a leaf out of his book and be more honest about things. If they had of been, then a 14 and a half year old lad wouldn't have been in this position.

I wander what else the Club aren't openly telling us. I wish their policy was honesty!

If someone knows the real reasons as to why the forum was moved and the club distancing themselves from it, are they allowed to say or not? What about other things too?

Yes, but why is that relevant as i'm just a lowly member; this person is moderating our forum on our behalf.

Simply trying to establish who he is. Don't really see what your problem with that would be. Hey-ho! :unsure:

Ok, so I couldn't resist it and I am kind of curious as to if you were who i think!

In fairness though, this person is moderating on behalf of the Supporters Trust, less so on our behalf as lowly members

And it shouldn't take a mensa member to work out your previous moniker.............

i'm trying to forget those dark times. Please let it be in the past.

I'm in to wookies and light-sabres now; screw flying around the internet reading binary code; it's not for me.

As for Ron answering our questions, I wish the club would take a leaf out of his book and be more honest about things. If they had of been, then a 14 and a half year old lad wouldn't have been in this position.

I wander what else the Club aren't openly telling us. I wish their policy was honesty!

If someone knows the real reasons as to why the forum was moved and the club distancing themselves from it, are they allowed to say or not? What about other things too?

forum shut? dunno for sure but i can't see tom letting it go.

fair points but reading other posts in this forum it has already raised questions,

about modding, read the gas site about pm's..

like i said otib should be independently run as should the trust.

Ok, so I couldn't resist it and I am kind of curious as to if you were who i think!

In fairness though, this person is moderating on behalf of the Supporters Trust, less so on our behalf as lowly members

I can honestly say that the modding will not change in the slightest, peoples opinions and views will considered at all times. People will always have different views and debates and thats not going to change

oakily doakily :)

Aplogies for my aggressive tone. Luke had just landed his X-Wing in the swamp again and I was consumed by the dark-side for a moment. I'm getting fed up with these impetuous fools Obi-Wan keeps sending me.

Finally lost it I appear. Rest I need! :unsure:

No. They could have told SteveL to act openly and ask the users of the forum. He didn't have the power to shut it since he doesn't own it. He could have removed funding, at which point I guess clik would step in and consult us on how to go forward.

None of this should ever have been done so underhandedly.

It might be but it's off to a terrible start because there has been secrecy, no consultation, and moderators forced on a community which has been around a very long time.

I 100% agree and am rapidly finding myself becoming more and more anti Lansdown. And a year ago I was a certified happy clappy.

The "rumour" mill says that the club are embarrassed by what the forum has become and not happy about how it exposes them. With reference to the numerous posts on here slating BTC after they were announce as sponsors. Further, I'd guess that not using the standard messageboards provided by PremiumTV was a bit of a pain too.

Nibor

Paul, I thank you for your time and reassuring notes.

However, I still think you are missing the point that for many posters, this is the first we had heard about this change and feel this has gone on behind our backs. Why was this? I for one wouldnt of minded, I just feel thinking back to the badge, the shirt etc etc - this is becoming increasingly the norm.

I worry what this will do for the credibility of the ST in that you guys wont be tarnished with this brush. I also hope you wont be "used" by Lansdown in order to take on labour intensive supporter initiatives.

And as for the promotion of ST "members" as moderators, I also think has not been handled inappropriatley and feel you guys misinterpreted the impact it had for some of the posters on here.

Just back from a Trust meeting, which is indeed why nobody has been on here to respond to your questions apart from Ron.

OK. So this clearly needs some explanation, so here goes.

The Trust agreed to take on the running of OTIB for a period of 6 months. The running costs are being met by the club for 6 months, which is the agreed trial period with the club. There is advertising and sponsorship opportunities to raise money to make the forum self funding after 6 months. Noone envisages the site being overrun with advertising, it will be tested first. No Trust members subscriptions will go toward the running of the site. If the trial period doesn't work, there is an option to review the running of the site at 6 months. As previously stated, the club took the decision to close the SteveL forum.

The moderating is being done voluntarily by a few fans who are currently involved with helping establish the Trust. It also is being moderated by Tom and Geoff. I can't recall the full list of moderators at present, but nobody will be anonymous. I personally would welcome other offers of help here to help run websites and forums.

The distinction between the two forums is that OTIB stays exactly as it is, just not "officially" the club's forum. It remains a site for the fans, but now run by the fans. The other forum is used mainly for taking questions and planning trust activities. Thereby is the basic distinction. in future, it is hoped that these types of Trust related questions would be dealt with on the Trust forum, so as not to clog up this forum too much. The exception is clearly tonight, where answers are needed.

The question about the working party needs to be addressed. We are a hard working bunch of supporters holding the fort to get the Trust established. Tonight we spent most of the evening working out how a fair and democratic process could be achieved to elect board members in and around May. Details will be released very soon. If new initiatives are to get off the ground, someone has to get on and do something. I would welcome everyone on this thread and others to get involved in a constructive way. Sometimes decisions have to be made. The more fans involved, the wider the representation of fans views.

In this instance, nobody has committed any of the Trust's money, just people's time. Any major investment decisions will only be taken after a fully democratically board is elected. All are welcome to run for these positions.

Hope this helps.

I'd be very grateful for an answer to the following questions:

Why was there no consultation with the 4000+ users of otib before the small number of people on the working party decided to take it on?

Why was there no consultation on selecting moderators?

Why were some posters secretly given moderator rights before any announcement was made?

Nibor

Archived