IGNORED

He Must Go

BS10 RED

there are some very good points there Rons. But I see it as if we didn't sell all these young and very talented players then we may be pushing for a place in the championship instead of a place in league one. And then were we to be in the championship then the debt would decrese. My worries at the mo is for every season we are in this league then we will lose money.

If and when we get to the championship it will take a few years of being there before we can break even. So for the first few seasons we may be battling relegation beforewe can push on. So mistakes in the past and in the future may cost us at a later date.

I'm sure that SL would be the 1st to admit that he has made mistakes, but then haven't we all? Yes the appointment of Tinman without any pervious management experience was 1 of them, however he only missed out on a play off spot last season by 1 point, which was aided very much by Lita's goals. I don't think he had much choice in selling Lita to Reading and to be fair most clubs in our league would sell their best player for a million, with most players wanting to also better themselves in a higher league.

I also think that SL has learnt from that mistake which is why he brought in GJ, someone who didn't come cheap I'm sure. I for one think that SL IS the right man for the job as he DOES have BCFC at heart, I'm also sure that GJ is now the right man for the job, yes things haven't exactly gone to plan this season, but he has brought some stability to the team and IMO we are now hopefully going in the right direction. Once we have won the battle and avoided relegation I do think that this time next season we will be in the right part of the table, hopefully pushing for promotion and looking forward to championship football.

Calm down is my message to you and avoid being condescending to your fellow BCFC supporters :shifty: Reasoned debate is the key not condescending comment as 'cityboy99' did make reasonable comment. The overview is that we're still at poxy olde Div 3 standard and Steve Lansdown has overseen our rubbish league status as Chairman and he has been Chairman while we've amassed over £5 million debt. :ph34r:

Rons condescending attitude is sickening. He is no older or smarter than DanC or Cityboy, but tries to make himself sound older and more knowledgable. All he does is make himself sound like an SL brown noser, who is somehow better than young people in his own age group.

Ron you are still a kid, get over it, have a glass of milk and go to bed. You can be a big person all in good time. :rolleyes:

Can we get back to the topic please. It is a interesting post about Lansdown and fell it may be a good one to debate over. Imo lansdown has clearly been a failer as Chairman of this football club and mayube his time has come to stand down as chairman but still remain a director.

:pinch:

So the league position has nothing to do with the players then? The financial situation of the club would be what, better without SL keeping us afloat with his own money?

I've got no problem if people want SL to go but please, please, think of an alternative first!

Without that it just becomes a pointless rant and not an 'interesting post' as you've put it.

I'm sure that SL would be the 1st to admit that he has made mistakes, but then haven't we all? Yes the appointment of Tinman without any pervious management experience was 1 of them, however he only missed out on a play off spot last season by 1 point, which was aided very much by Lita's goals. I don't think he had much choice in selling Lita to Reading and to be fair most clubs in our league would sell their best player for a million, with most players wanting to also better themselves in a higher league.

I also think that SL has learnt from that mistake which is why he brought in GJ, someone who didn't come cheap I'm sure. I for one think that SL IS the right man for the job as he DOES have BCFC at heart, I'm also sure that GJ is now the right man for the job, yes things haven't exactly gone to plan this season, but he has brought some stability to the team and IMO we are now hopefully going in the right direction. Once we have won the battle and avoided relegation I do think that this time next season we will be in the right part of the table, hopefully pushing for promotion and looking forward to championship football.

Great point about Lita. Lets face it, it cant all be down to the chairman, because if the PLAYERS really wanted to stay, then the deals would have fallen through. Its not as if we have been selling these players to teams lower than us in the league, they have all been to championship sides, and most footballers are an ambitious lot, so would jump at the chance to play at a higher level.

Do we really want to go back to the Davidson days of gambling with our future to ensure success by purchasing loads of players at big money/wages with no guarantee of success.

Look at Leeds Utd's problems and how they were achieved.

i wish people like cityboy99 would put there names to this.

this is why the forum is having a bad image as people hide

behind there signature names. i bet he or any other critisiser will

not be down the gate today to talk to Steve Lansdown.

it takes more guts to make their comments face to face with

the people they are critisising.

i really don't know about this :)

at the moment he is the best option we have got, and no one looks like taking on or buying

the club out and if he does leave at the drop of a hat are the supporters trust really ready to go for it.

hmmmm a man who is worth around 75 mill to a trust that has not got a pot to pee in???

not having a go at the trust just being realistic here.

before we start this out thing we need someone with much more money where their mouth is

to come in, without that we are screwed and we are screwed without lansdown like it or not :shifty:

i wish people like cityboy99 would put there names to this.

this is why the forum is having a bad image as people hide

behind there signature names. i bet he or any other critisiser will

not be down the gate today to talk to Steve Lansdown.

it takes more guts to make their comments face to face with

the people they are critisising.

Colin, exactly mate, that why i show my name in my profile so if any want to critise me personally then do so. Gutless and crappy post he started

lawnsdown MUST GO he is running this team into the ground,were in the poorest league poistion in good knows how many years,he sells all our best players(when did he last reject a transfer offer)he wouldnt give us the east end,hes made one to many wrong manger descion,also i hear all the money he puts into the club is loans and we don't even own the ground anymore he does.what if he decided to sell the ground to make houses on it or somthing were be ground shareing with the sags in league 2 :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Idiot

Colin, exactly mate, that why i show my name in my profile so if any want to critise me personally then do so. Gutless and crappy post he started

For the third time today, I couldnt agree with you more Arny. My name is in my profile and should anyone want an address (email or otherwise) just send me a pm.

Useless post that helps no-one at all. :@

Being called an idiot by you is akin to being offered contraceptive advice by the Pope.

Right Dr Goat ######, You want to call me a idiot or what ever you want then fine. But If you are to so then please have the balls to come and say it to my face Untill then shut up.

This world is a funny place. As a lot of people on here has the same name. No Information.

Guest DrFaustus

Right Dr Goat ######, You want to call me a idiot or what ever you want then fine. But If you are to so then please have the balls to come and say it to my face Untill then shut up.

This world is a funny place. As a lot of people on here has the same name. No Information.

Ha ha ha ha. I would say a hell of a lot more than just idiot, you doughnut. Why do you want my name, so you can send me love letters?

Ok sweetheart, my name is Grant.

Love you honey.

Ha ha ha ha. I would say a hell of a lot more than just idiot, you doughnut. Why do you want my name, so you can send me love letters?

Ok sweetheart, my name is Grant.

Love you honey.

The only leters I would be sendigyou is hate mail.I verymuh doubt you would say haf as much to my ace as you do on here doc. That just the way the world is.

Guest DrFaustus

The only leters I would be sendigyou is hate mail.I verymuh doubt you would say haf as much to my ace as you do on here doc. That just the way the world is.

Sweetie, you get so emotive on this interweb playground. I'd say more, always been a mouthy gobshyte you see. Now if you've finished trying to be intimidating, can I have my belated valentines card please?

Miss you babe. xx

Sweetie, you get so emotive on this interweb playground. I'd say more, always been a mouthy gobshyte you see. Now if you've finished trying to be intimidating, can I have my belated valentines card please?

Miss you babe. xx

Il pm you my address then doc and you can come round andsay these things. I may even make you a cup of tea. But only if you bring some goat milk to go in it.

Guest DrFaustus

Il pm you my address then doc and you can come round andsay these things. I may even make you a cup of tea. But only if you bring some goat milk to go in it.

I'll meet you in Ashton Park honey, it's nearer to where I live...best get a move on or you'll miss the game.

this is the thing that really does my head in with this forum,you say something controversial and afew ediots who think they are more intelligent than evreone else try to shoot you down.

just because you know how to spell does not make you intelligent,all this chap has done is post his feelings about lansdown,if he is right or wrong,that is irelevant,its his opinion,hes entitled to have it and broadcast it in any way he wants.

so for christ sake,will all you ediots who try to police the forum by slating people who say things you disagree with please stop posting such ediotic and uncalled for coments.

THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY.

he,and evreone else can say what they want,its down to no-one to slate this chap just because of what he thinks.

rant over. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

lawnsdown MUST GO he is running this team into the ground,were in the poorest league poistion in good knows how many years,he sells all our best players(when did he last reject a transfer offer)he wouldnt give us the east end,hes made one to many wrong manger descion,also i hear all the money he puts into the club is loans and we don't even own the ground anymore he does.what if he decided to sell the ground to make houses on it or somthing were be ground shareing with the sags in league 2 :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

Mate you are from another planet. It sounda like Gargos to me). Steve Lansdown is the reason why this club has survived this long. Along with John Daw.

Take those two away from the club and it's 'Good bye' Bristol City FC. Why would Steve Lansdown sale the stdm? Where would that get him?

I just wish alott of so called Bristol City fans just let him get on with the job he wants to do. Which is in the best interest of the club.

Mate you are from another planet. It sounda like Gargos to me). Steve Lansdown is the reason why this club has survived this long. Along with John Daw.

Take those two away from the club and it's 'Good bye' Bristol City FC. Why would Steve Lansdown sale the stdm? Where would that get him?

I just wish alott of so called Bristol City fans just let him get on with the job he wants to do. Which is in the best interest of the club.

bristol City was around along time before Lansclown and will be around even when he is dead. He is not Mr Bristol City and never will be.

Why would it be goodbye Bristol City if he were to leave?This is just a stupid myth. Chairman have come andgone and have been replaced by someone else. The same would happen again. And do you really thik teh fas' of this great club would just let teh club just roll over and die?

bristol City was around along time before Lansclown and will be around even when he is dead. He is not Mr Bristol City and never will be.

Why would it be goodbye Bristol City if he were to leave?This is just a stupid myth. Chairman have come andgone and have been replaced by someone else. The same would happen again. And do you really thik teh fas' of this great club would just let teh club just roll over and die?

Do you think the fans of this "great" club have £9 Million to spare to repay the debts, aswell as a considerable loan to Mr Lansdown?

I can understand why dan c feels the need to say whats been

said , it is hard to stand by and watch a mate get slated.

At the end of the day cityboy 99 has just viewed his opinion,

and no offence to anyone but i'm sure MOST of us not all,

but most have called for Mr lansdowns head at one time or another.

However the point is City has been around for years with or without

lansdown this is true.

But getting rid of a chairman and hoping someone will come in as

replacement is slightly pointless and very naive.

I at this moment in time am happy with lansdown and what he's

trying to do, and until i have millions to put into bcfc i'll support

the person who has.

My name is Simon and i live in lincolnshire, can't meet up for

fights or cuddles as i am V busy today supporting CITY !!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

Thank you for backing me Ron. Cheers mate.

Who bought out Mr Rouse (Sp?) as chairman? John Laycock did (With the help from Scott Davidson) alott of money ex-changed hands there.

Who introduced Steve Lansdown to the club? John Laycock did.

All this time and before there was alott of money buying in & out off the club.

I am almost sure i'm 100% right in what i say.

Archived