IGNORED

He Must Go

BS10 RED

You really are living on another planet arent you? We arent in the best position financially no but are in a much better position than alot of clubs in this division. Lansdown is a businessman and a fan of the club hes not going to screw us as you say if he wanted to screw us he would walk away now when we are struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Try and think about what you are saying instead of posting the utter dribble that you put on here every day. I'm sure that others will agree with my comments.

Comments noted.

Steve L lends the club money to stop the tax man getting at it. He will be gaining a better return on his cash here say 5% on the money that he has lent us than having it in a bank account where he will earn say 3.5% He is simple making his money work for himself and keeping the club afloat at the same time. Best for both parties.

I'm basing my views on about 2 years of supporting Bristol City, so you could say that I haven't heard the half of it, and apart from appointing Brian Tinnion (admitted that is quite a big thing), he's invested money in players we could barely afford to try and push out of this division Ron, that is sort of one of the points, don't you think? (Tony Rougier ontop of large contracts we were already holding down), appointed an experienced manager in Gary Johnson, put money where his mouth is by buying numerous players Ron, SteveL doesn't personally purchase players, there is/was a lot of money available for that prior to Steve becoming director/chairman, aswell as other things I'm not allowed to comment on yet.

I don't think he can be totally judged on the financial side well he is Chairman and a chartered accountant, so if he isn't, I cant' think who should be judged on the financial side - if he raises the Season Ticket Prices to raise money he gets critisism, and if he doesn't, then we lose more money it isn't the price of season tickets that has lost Bristol City - not Steve Lansdown - £11m in 5 years , and he gets critisism. It's a no win situation and doesn't only happen with STs. We have also lost a hell of a lot of money putting faith in new players/managers, always to be disappointed. Apart from with Tinnion I don't see how this can be directly blamed on Lansdown.

Ron, I do not agree that SteveL is in a no-win situation. He has been chairman for 4/5 years and a director before that. That is quite long enough for anybody to be judged. If we were in the Premiership now, or even a respectable Championship club, SteveL would be a hero, and rightly so.

But we are not and so therefore he is not. And £11m has gone in the process.

You can't have it both ways.

NickJ

Ron, I do not agree that SteveL is in a no-win situation. He has been chairman for 4/5 years and a director before that. That is quite long enough for anybody to be judged. If we were in the Premiership now, or even a respectable Championship club, SteveL would be a hero, and rightly so.

But we are not and so therefore he is not. And £11m has gone in the process.

You can't have it both ways.

NickJ

And to try and get us there he's brought in 2 managers on large paychecks and invested tenfold in players.

And to try and get us there he's brought in 2 managers on large paychecks and invested tenfold in players.

And two managers paid the price, Ie Wilson and Tins, He also brought in Puilis which was on a par with appointing tins. Why was no experienced help offered to Tins when he clearly needed it? Why wasn't anyone else touted for the job? As I remember there were a few decent managers availible at the time.

And two managers paid the price, Ie Wilson and Tins, He also brought in Puilis which was on a par with appointing tins. Why was no experienced help offered to Tins when he clearly needed it? Why wasn't anyone else touted for the job? As I remember there were a few decent managers availible at the time.

Presumably because the "Experienced Manager" we appointed 4 years previous didn't get us where we wanted, we were over £7 Million in debt and had a man willing to give 110% to the cause who knew the club inside out.

As for the experience, we tried at least once to get experience in, and Tinnion stated a few times that, as in the January Transfer Window this year, we wouldn't bring someone in just for the sake of it, they had to be compatible and helpful for the task in hand.

Presumably because the "Experienced Manager" we appointed 4 years previous didn't get us where we wanted, we were over £7 Million in debt and had a man willing to give 110% to the cause who knew the club inside out.

As for the experience, we tried at least once to get experience in, and Tinnion stated a few times that, as in the January Transfer Window this year, we wouldn't bring someone in just for the sake of it, they had to be compatible and helpful for the task in hand.

Yes But the only name I heard touted to help tins was graeme Taylor. Now you can call that looking for someone experienced but to me that is living in dream world. And surely a man of that statue would require the same amount of wages as Wilson, If not more.

Who is this person you speak so highly of? How did this person save this club? How is this person keeping us in buisness? Why would the club be no longer without this person.

If you are talking about Lansdown then your completly wrong. Your pathetic if you think this club wont be here if he left. There was many chairman before him and there will be many after him. He wont be here in 10 years. Bristol City will be. HE IS NOT MR BRISTOL CITY!

Since SL even steeped onto the board he madepoor decisions then by voting for puilis etc and then he continued that trend after he got rid of Davidson and Laycock. Dawes watch your back! Since Lansdown took over we have lost more money every season. He hasupset a large amount of fans, Ie Premier seating, No EE, No new EE, Buy a Brick, Selling top players etc etc.

Yeah i agree that he has made some mistakes, but not everything he done was bad he has spent alot of money on BCFC abd he saved it by clearing all the debts we had.

You cant satisfy all of the fans as all fans have different views about different things.

Yeah i agree that he has made some mistakes, but not everything he done was bad he has spent alot of money on BCFC abd he saved it by clearing all the debts we had.

You cant satisfy all of the fans as all fans have different views about different things.

When did he clear all of our debts? Last time I checked we are 7 milion plus in the red. Now if he cleared any debts then as a accountant he has done very bad to let it get this far in the red and I fail to understand how he made all his money from earning a living as a accountant with the way he has handled Bristol City.

He spent alot of money on shares to buy Bristol City yes, But thats what you have to do to do to own a football club. He has however lent us money grated, But he will want that back one day. I'm guessing every year when we lose money he tops that back up to the zero pound mark(but I could be wrong) But just because he may do that doesn't mean we are finncially good, As we are still in the red.

Archived