IGNORED

Stewart Gone...........

Dolman Block B

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought that football was a team game. The team ( without MS) are second in terms of current form since the New Year (I think). The general concencus seems to be that we now have good team spirit, players who want to play for each other and( whisper it quietly though) the manager and are playing some decent football. If it ain't broke - don't fix it!

Like many, I hoped Marcus's arrival would result in sparkling football and plenty of goals, but it's not worked out that way and the manager has had to go for players and formations that play effective football, and you can't argue that he is acheiving that. For what it's worth, Bridges is the player I think we made the big mistake with and should have offloaded Stewart instead of him back in January.

I think this was the right move for the club and for Stewart, he hasn't got it right for us and i proberly fed up of sitting on the bench behind Bas. Though when he has had the chances he hasn't taken them and doesn't give as much as Bas off the ball so i think its a good move.

On the bright side, if he does get goals for preston he may come back fitter and better, or we may get a good fee for him and get his wages off the books.

I just want us to confirm our place in this league for next season, and i think we can do that this saturday with Stevie Brooker and Bas up front.

Come on you Reds!!

If this is a move designed to give Stewart a chance to get first team football with a view to him coming back and competing for a first team place next season, then fine, no worries.

If it's an attempt to get rid permanently, and we're replacing Bridges and Stewart with McCammon and Savage then I'm very worried about GJ's judgement.

I guess we won't know until well into the close season.

Nibor

Ah, so a lack of knowledge of grammar equates to a lack of knowledge of football does it? Whereas your smug, patronising, know-it-all attitude just proves you know what you're talking about...

No the comment about his grammar was an attempt at keeping the post light, I didn't equate it to his opinion on the subject. My argument is with his apparent attitude that just being a footballer of some note in the past somehow means that GJ must find a place for Stewart no matter what he is showing to us currently.

Nice to see another fan who knows about football, cheers mate

We all like to think we know something about football, even if on some occasions we reach different conclusions. Just out of a matter of interest, the kind of football team I would like to see would include Stewart, Bridges and Wilkshire if they were all fit and in form. Unfortunately I have come around to GJ's apparent view that these kind of players struggle to be effective at this level.

Wilkshire has proved himself to be a better pro than Stewart in this respect because he accepts this view and has made efforts to make his game more effective when he is asked to play.

The team is proving itself without Stewart currently and I don't see what value there is in criticising the manager just because a particular favourite player isn't included.

Personally i think it's a shame that stewys going .

I don't really think there has been a rift , but what do i know, nothing has been said

by stewart or johnson to make me think different.

And until i hear it with my own two ears i'll choose to accept the facts.

From what i remember stewart was being played quite regularly until his injury.

Then he lost his place , performances improved , when he has / did come on

he either got an injury or didn't really perform.

Except being brought on with five minutes remaining and scoring. (colchester 3-2 )

I'm hoping this is to get match fitness and to hopefully prove with regular full matches

he can do the biz.

Good luck marcus , i for one hope you return to city ,

But at the end of the day i support the club not the manager or individual players

Thank the lord, there's always something to moan about.

ha ha, too true!

I was a bit worried that a 6-0 win might dampen down the moaning, but I'm pleased to see the baton has been well and truly picked up again. Hurrah!!

makes supporting the club so very worthwhile.

Can I join in now...bl00dy rubbish, GJ out, Savage is useless, Marcus is a drunk, no he's not, yes he is, he's behind you...etc (fade to black).

And another thing that really gets my goat at the moment, the little 'kenco' serving hatch by the bogs in the corner of Dolman/Wedlock stands is usually shut. Bl00dy Lansdowne, that was the only reason I renewed my season ticket. This, coupled with the new manager wanting to play HIS team oooooooooooohhh its all too much.

Judging by our other exports it's quite likely he'll be injured and out for the season fairly promptly. :doh:

If on the other hand he keeps fit and does well and helps Preston to the play-offs or better, City could expect a reasonable fee if they reckon he's worth a season in the Premiership.

Either way i'm disappointed. Having seen his first game under GJ at Brentford i thought his season was about to really take off and we might see the player we all hoped would fire in 20+ for us and be the fans' hero we all anticipated.

I can't see him coming back either, so now it all depends on who City bring in whether it's a justifiable move.

If GJ really does have someone like Thordarsson up his sleeve who excites the fans and hits the goal trail quickly then the whole sorry Marcus episode will soon be forgotten.

:blink: You really need to think about sobering up now :cool:

An apologie would be nice

Lets hope he scores and play well, then tell GJ "up yours" no way i'm coming back.

Ditto Brian, i hope he makes the small man with a major attitude problem ends up eating his own words. Been driven out, smile now Johnson, but if he proves his worth with PNE then may u have nightmares about it!!!!!

Beginning to belive everything Robbered thread is saying

Thank the lord, there's always something to moan about.

No problem...

Ditto Brian, i hope he makes the small man with a major attitude problem ends up eating his own words. Been driven out, smile now Johnson, but if he proves his worth with PNE then may u have nightmares about it!!!!!

How does this say anything other than the fact that he may be able to get some games under his belt and a bit of sharpness and fitness back?

GJ does not like changing a winning team, so it is tough for Stewart to get his break. A couple of goals for PNE and he may come back a different player.

Can I also ask how it appears that Johnson has the attitude problem - just because he feels Stewart isnt fit enough?

i hope he makes the small man with a major attitude problem ends up eating his own words. Been driven out, smile now Johnson, but if he proves his worth with PNE then may u have nightmares about it!!!!!

I think you'll find that most of his problems with management this season were bought on by himself, particularly his response to the grenade. I suspect he came here expecting to take it easy and be a hero - it hasnt worked out, his performances havent justified the wages and his ego has taken a battering. I hope it works out for him at Preston - maybe he'll come back with a better attitude. :dunno:

Gary Johnson picked Stewart to start a few games ago but Stewart got injured. Had Stewart stayed fit and performed well, he would have kept his place.

Brianred, what are you so angry about? We won 6-0 without Stewart, won four out of our last six without Stewart, look a decent side without Stewart...so what's making you so bitter?

You think GJ didn't play Stewie enough? Maybe you're right but it's not summat to be so sensitive about. Things like this happen in football, get over it.

No problem...

How does this say anything other than the fact that he may be able to get some games under his belt and a bit of sharpness and fitness back?

GJ does not like changing a winning team, so it is tough for Stewart to get his break. A couple of goals for PNE and he may come back a different player.

Can I also ask how it appears that Johnson has the attitude problem - just because he feels Stewart isnt fit enough?

He wont be back.............of that I'm fairly sure.

aaawww diddums, didn't he get his own way?

I am afraid you need to wake up and smell the coffee, when he has been given the opportunities he has shown himself unwilling or unable to fit the style of play the manager requires. It's not within his remit to question that style of play, just to get on with it. He may score goals at that level, it's less robust, he may have better players round him and he can hide his lack of pace, but he can't compete in the right way at this level.

Oh and by the way its "don't know anything".....

totally agree, what ever the reasons and who evers fault this soap opera is, i don't really care. i just want the best for BCFC. remember that, our football club?? i personally don't think stewart is suited to the more robust style of our division. he may fair better in the championship and good luck to him. i really cant see it ever working out for him here, which is a shame.

No problem...

Dear L-O-T-B

I wanted to disagree with your post, unfortunately, after seeing your signature I completely forgot what your point was (blood was diverted away from my brain). Is this an ingenious ploy to ensure that noone ever argues with you or just a (very successful) attempt to spread a little joy amongst the straight & male posters on itib? Either way, it works for me :)

If this is a move designed to give Stewart a chance to get first team football with a view to him coming back and competing for a first team place next season, then fine, no worries.

If it's an attempt to get rid permanently, and we're replacing Bridges and Stewart with McCammon and Savage then I'm very worried about GJ's judgement.

I guess we won't know until well into the close season.

Nibor

And just to add to that.....

Marcus Stewart season 04/05 - 20 goals Championship winning side, goals everywhere he goes.

Michael Bridges - Leeds, Newcastle, Sunderland pedigree.

But neither can subsequently make an impression with management at third division Bristol City.

Are they has-beens in decline?

Well....

Marcus Stewart 05/06 - wanted and taken on by Championship promotion candidates.

Michael Bridges 05/06 scoring regulalrly for a team we will be playing next season. Apparently being lined up for Aston Villa.

So was the undoubted underperformance at AG entirely down to the players or other factors?

And just to add to that.....

Marcus Stewart season 04/05 - 20 goals Championship winning side, goals everywhere he goes.

Michael Bridges - Leeds, Newcastle, Sunderland pedigree.

But neither can subsequently make an impression with management at third division Bristol City.

Are they has-beens in decline?

Well....

Marcus Stewart 05/06 - wanted and taken on by Championship promotion candidates.

Michael Bridges 05/06 scoring regulalrly for a team we will be playing next season. Apparently being lined up for Aston Villa.

So was the undoubted underperformance at AG entirely down to the players or other factors?

Exactly, Stewart 2 goals sat for PNE, then what do we make of that.... :crying:

Exactly, Stewart 2 goals sat for PNE, then what do we make of that.... :crying:

If it happens we realise that he can play in a league where he is given space and time.

But I don't get all this anyway, did we lose 6-0 on Saturday? Are we on a run of poor results? Just where would we be improved by playing the guy? based on what I have seen in recent weeks I can't see what he adds to the team.

If it happens we realise that he can play in a league where he is given space and time.

But I don't get all this anyway, did we lose 6-0 on Saturday? Are we on a run of poor results? Just where would we be improved by playing the guy? based on what I have seen in recent weeks I can't see what he adds to the team.

Personally I think it would have been 8 or 9 on Saturday had he been on in place of Savage.

I only hope he gets the chance to prove some people wrong next season, somehow I doubt he will be given it.

anyone know what johnson has said on the subject, It's on world

but i cant get it at work

I havent seen it yet, but it will be that MS wanted to go and i wish him all the best i expect.

Both wrong, but we have to move on i suppose.

Just bought a house locally to and family settled in, still reckon he wanted out.... :dunno:

Guest Harry Dolman

Stewart played V Hudders, got suspended & since them then team has done exceptionally well (3 defeats in 17 ??).

During the start of that run we played Russell & Noble in midfield. Rusell got injured, SKuse replaced him, the team does well & Russell misses out. Then Noble gets sick, Russell replaces him, the team does well, so Noble misses out. Now as a Johnson signing you'd think Noble would get special treatment maybe.... but no, he misses a game through sickness, his replacement does well & retains his place.

Sounds to me like the manager picks his team on performances not reputations or wage levels. I for one am pleased with that. Make no mistake I have no gripe with Stewart but it hasn't worked out, these things happen. I'll be honest I expected more from him, maybe he expected more from us ??

If he comes back I hope he does well, if the leaves good luck to him.

Personally I think it would have been 8 or 9 on Saturday had he been on in place of Savage.

I only hope he gets the chance to prove some people wrong next season, somehow I doubt he will be given it.

Whose to say - Stewart has missed a fair few chances this season... Barnet away being a classic example.

Whose to say - Stewart has missed a fair few chances this season... Barnet away being a classic example.

It's speculation, but I very much doubt he'd have missed three or four very high quality chances like Savage did. I think comparing their goalscoring records makes the point sufficiently.

Would you not prefer it if he had a successful month with PNE then came back and did well with us? If he gets in our team and plays well I'm fairly sure Johnson would keep him in.

I'd be delighted if Preston took him off our hands (and more importantly our wage bill), but it would be even better if he came back and played as well as his wages suggest he should.

I don't think we should be so sensitive about it, undoubtedly Stewart, technique and quality wise, is a cut above the vast majority of strikers in League 1.

However you need so much more than that, You must be either a big physical striker (which MS is not) or have bags of pace (which MS does not have) in the bargain too.

League 1 defenders pride themselves on tough, uncompromising defending and as a result players like Stewart, although not always the case, will find it difficult going.

I think we should wish him luck and be aware that his wages can go to good use on somebody else.

PRESTON NORTH END last night.

Gutted, watch him score a hatful there. Very sad...... :crying:

Very surprised as we are not yet safe ourselves and cannot recall in the first month but let's hope he scores loads, plays well and returns to us (whenever it is) extremely confident and eager to prove to GJ (from the very first minute) on the pitch that he has/wants a future at BCFC.

BCAGFC

P.s. There are some very good pubs in Preston Town Centre. :D

P.p.s. It really is a joke, honest :D

Archived