IGNORED

Bnp & Council Elections

The Batman

If I were as touchy about race as a lot of folks are here, I could regard that first comment as racist.

You on the other hand regard is a flippant or (worse) regard it as fair comment. One mans jest is offensive to another..what you allude to about Muslims and the west.

As to the second, Islam aint fundamentally evil, Wahabism, a strong variant of the greater faith is fundamentally evil, and fascist in nature. And High Profile. And extremely dangerous to all of us. and hides in the communities of Muslims, attempting to subvert said communities in the interests of their evil

Muslims also fail to understand their attitude to us will, in their adopted countries give offence to perfectly ordinary people, let alone dycks like the BNP et al.........

And we agree about fanatics of any color/creed/race and religion....a pox on them all.

I was just having a pop at you Bucksred :)

As for your other points, none of them strike me as unjustly negative or owt.

What I will say, and this is obvious given my comments throughout, is that I've never found everyday (as opposed to fundamentalist nutters with bombs) muslim's attitude to be any better or worse than everyday non-muslims. Hence I get quite frustrated at the generalising that some people are prone to.

This frustration clearly comes out in these debates, and if I think someone is taking their criticism of any minority too far, I enjoy challenging them to justify their comments. My experience is that humans are difficult creatures full stop, and that whichever minority/majority you turn to, you will witness idiots, either individually or in groups, all dangerous to differing degrees. "Islamic" terrorists certainly fit the bill as do the BNP. People with malevolent intent, more interested in their warped idealogical ends than of being good human beings. They are not level on the scale of destructiveness, but both share similar triballistic segregatory views. I can't condone that ethic. I want to mix with as many varied cultures as I possibly can, and I don't mean a week with the boys in Shagaluf.

I'm not patriotic enough to be single-minded about my country and it's dubious heritage. My country has many faults and I don't always agree with it's politics, no matter how typically English I am. I honestly believe that the first country to master the fine art of integration will reap many rewards in the long-run. But then I also thought that City would come good after the 9 match losing streak. Hey, I'm a dreamer.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

Wikipaedia logic strikes again.

Nope, my logic as a staunch English Republican.

God Save Us from the Royalist tyranny. :w00t:

Long live the memory of Oliver Cromwell and the glorious and victorious English Republic. :w00t:

English Republican victory highlights include:

On land:

Bristol 1645 - royalists humiliated and kicked out of Bristol

Whitehall, London 1649 - tyrant traitor King Charles I executed

Dunbar 1650 - Scottish royalist army completely smashed

Worcester 1651 - Charles II famously ran leaving his army to be slaughtered as he hid in an Oak tree

At sea:

Santa Cruz - the mighty Spanish navy and Spanish treasure fleet captured and/or destroyed

Nope, my logic as a staunch English Republican.

God Save Us from the Royalist tyranny. :w00t:

Long live the memory of Oliver Cromwell and the glorious and victorious English Republic. :w00t:

English Republican victory highlights include:

On land:

Bristol 1645 - royalists humiliated and kicked out of Bristol

Whitehall, London 1649 - tyrant traitor King Charles I executed

Dunbar 1650 - Scottish royalist army completely smashed

Worcester 1651 - Charles II famously ran leaving his army to be slaughtered as he hid in an Oak tree

At sea:

Santa Cruz - the mighty Spanish navy and Spanish treasure fleet captured and/or destroyed

Mr Goblin, would you rather have been alive in the 1650s than now?

Mr Goblin, would you rather have been alive in the 1650s than now?

they didn't have wikipedia back then :whistle:

sorry RG, i think you know your stuff, every post you've even written on here is something to do with Republicanism, i'm sure you don't make it all up.

I was just having a pop at you Bucksred :)

As for your other points, none of them strike me as unjustly negative or owt.

What I will say, and this is obvious given my comments throughout, is that I've never found everyday (as opposed to fundamentalist nutters with bombs) muslim's attitude to be any better or worse than everyday non-muslims. Hence I get quite frustrated at the generalising that some people are prone to.

This frustration clearly comes out in these debates, and if I think someone is taking their criticism of any minority too far, I enjoy challenging them to justify their comments. My experience is that humans are difficult creatures full stop, and that whichever minority/majority you turn to, you will witness idiots, either individually or in groups, all dangerous to differing degrees. "Islamic" terrorists certainly fit the bill as do the BNP. People with malevolent intent, more interested in their warped idealogical ends than of being good human beings. They are not level on the scale of destructiveness, but both share similar triballistic segregatory views. I can't condone that ethic. I want to mix with as many varied cultures as I possibly can, and I don't mean a week with the boys in Shagaluf.

I'm not patriotic enough to be single-minded about my country and it's dubious heritage. My country has many faults and I don't always agree with it's politics, no matter how typically English I am. I honestly believe that the first country to master the fine art of integration will reap many rewards in the long-run. But then I also thought that City would come good after the 9 match losing streak. Hey, I'm a dreamer.

Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

The first part was exactly my point. One mans sublte humour, is anothers racist coment.

As for agreeing with politics, we don't exactly have much to get excited about, i'll agree, but we do have a choice, unlike virtually every Country outside Europe, N America, and Oz/Kiwi/Japan.

But this country is a way way ahead of any other place on the planet for assimilation, always has, possibly always will. Some here however wont ever assimilate. And I can assure you, as these people gradually overwhelm us by fast growth, we will all be sorry, as at the very least the standards which we expect will be the first thing gone- healthcare, honest police (In the main :laugh: ), responsible government, tolerance........its bred into us, to abide by the rules in the main, most of the unassimilated only understand totalitarian systems. We all thought the about Zimbabwe, and look whats happened there.........in four years just!

Archived