IGNORED

Season Ticket Shifters

Nogbad the Bad

Last year the signings of Stewart and Bridges shook many City fans out of their close-season slumber and down to the ticket office.

At the moment, apparently, we have sold a similar number to this time last year but there is little prospect of 'exciting' new signings to provoke a stampede for season tickets.

At this rate, judging from some of the postings of people not renewing, we are going to struggle to get near next season's figure.

I'm sure, under GJ, City will not be going for 'names' like Stewart and Bridges again but who could City feasibly sign, fee and wage-wise that would have waverers convinced to give it a go for another season?

A real entertainer, practically unknown from abroad perhaps or would the likes of Jevons and Reddy be enough to whet the appetite of the City masses and get the ST cash rolling in? :dunno:

Lambert of Rochdale would be a good one, but despite promptings on here i fear we've left it a year too late. :whistle:

I bought my season ticket last year well before any signings were made; signings are an irrelevance to me.

Being treated like a firking animal because of where I choose to sit is a different issue. That is why i'm not renewing this year.

I truly hope lots of others don't renew for similar reasons so that when the club deem it necessary to find out the reasons why, they might reconsider their attitudes towards the "normal" fan.

And before any of the kum-by-yah brigade start banging on about revenue, they'll still get the same out of me (if not more) from the 15+ games I will attend.

The difference being they won't know it, hence, cannot presume all is well, cos it most certainly isn't!

I bought my season ticket last year well before any signings were made; signings are an irrelevance to me.

Being treated like a firking animal because of where I choose to sit is a different issue. That is why i'm not renewing this year.

I truly hope lots of others don't renew for similar reasons so that when the club deem it necessary to find out the reasons why, they might reconsider their attitudes towards the "normal" fan.

And before any of the kum-by-yah brigade start banging on about revenue, they'll still get the same out of me (if not more) from the 15+ games I will attend.

The difference being they won't know it, hence, cannot presume all is well, cos it most certainly isn't!

Fair play to you having your priciples and sticking by them but for the club to care itwould have to be done on a larger scale before they consider why there losing fans'. Last season you had a season ticket and I didn't, Next season it will be reversed it seems. So in a way the club are right by saying if we lose one season ticket holder we will just gain another.

Fair play to you having your priciples and sticking by them but for the club to care itwould have to be done on a larger scale before they consider why there losing fans'. Last season you had a season ticket and I didn't, Next season it will be reversed it seems. So in a way the club are right by saying if we lose one season ticket holder we will just gain another.

The Club would be very stupid if they did indeed say that.

They surely want and need both of you, and should closely address people's reasons for not renewing.

I think the club are right by saying this.

But, previously, they never had the computer systems that gave them the ability to easily see how many haven't renewed and analyse their database.

I would HOPE that if 2,000 people don't renew this year, but 2,200 new season ticket holders do join that the club isn't arrogant enough to think this is a success.

Losing 25% of your current base to be replaced by 27% of a new base is not the sort of thing that is going to see the club thrive, as the people not renewing this year are only going to go to some games replacing the ones who have bought for the first time this season (can't explain, but, get the drift)?

The upshot is that mediocre performance on the pitch means an average crowd no higher than last year which is not progress.

If I lost a quarter of my old customers, I would want to know why. This is where I hope my "stand" gets recognised!

The Club would be very stupid if they did indeed say that.

They surely want and need both of you, and should closely address people's reasons for not renewing.

But unfortunatly that's the luxury this club has, Due to having a large fan base and a catchment area of about a milion people. One season one fan might not be able to afford a season ticket so doesn't get one, However the next season he can afford one but someone else can, Then you get a fan that has become fed up with the club due to the way the have been treated so decide not to renew, But then you get another fan who didn'thave a season ticket last season who has been encouraged by the recent good form of the team so he decides to buy a season ticket.

The club however should ask on the season ticket applictation form why youare buying a season ticket if you didn't have one the previous season, And then finding out why others are not renewing by email, Telephone etc.

It would be interest to know out of the 7-8000 season ticket holders how many are new and how many are exsisting season ticket holders.

I think the club are right by saying this.

But, previously, they never had the computer systems that gave them the ability to easily see how many haven't renewed and analyse their database.

I would HOPE that if 2,000 people don't renew this year, but 2,200 new season ticket holders do join that the club isn't arrogant enough to think this is a success.

Losing 25% of your current base to be replaced by 27% of a new base is not the sort of thing that is going to see the club thrive, as the people not renewing this year are only going to go to some games replacing the ones who have bought for the first time this season (can't explain, but, get the drift)?

The upshot is that mediocre performance on the pitch means an average crowd no higher than last year which is not progress.

If I lost a quarter of my old customers, I would want to know why. This is where I hope my "stand" gets recognised!

I'm totally with you, I'm just saying it how Ithink the club see it. I thnk if they put a bit of effort into finding out why fans' arn't renewing then they could possibly sell even more, Unless they arecurrently happy with the 7-8000.

But yes Iif I was them I would want to know why, As in all truths you need to keep the ard core fans' as they will be there when others aint.

Dan C I was just about to post much the same as you in reply to neo.

It will be interesting if any fans who aren't renewing get asked their reasons, and some reasearch done to what might tempt them back.

In reality though, I think the club won't want to hear the answers? In the past the prices have on the whole increased and that maybe was the main reason for people not renewing. This year as the prices have been frozen (for early renewals anyway) so if there are a large amount of 'non renewers' other reasons will be apparant?

I personally will be renewing our tickets, that said luckily I'm not affected by the smoking/prem seating/ G Block issues. if i were I think I would be like neo and think long and hard.

I know the club had to act after a difficult start to the season (understatement of the year), but to me there were too many quid a kid/type offers that diluted the value of my ST during the 2nd half of the season. It will be interesting how many of those fans buy a ST or regularly attend full priced matches this year?

But unfortunatly that's the luxury this club has, Due to having a large fan base and a catchment area of about a milion people. One season one fan might not be able to afford a season ticket so doesn't get one, However the next season he can afford one but someone else can, Then you get a fan that has become fed up with the club due to the way the have been treated so decide not to renew, But then you get another fan who didn'thave a season ticket last season who has been encouraged by the recent good form of the team so he decides to buy a season ticket.

The club however should ask on the season ticket applictation form why youare buying a season ticket if you didn't have one the previous season, And then finding out why others are not renewing by email, Telephone etc.

It would be interest to know out of the 7-8000 season ticket holders how many are new and how many are exsisting season ticket holders.

It's not a luxury the club have unless we are to believe they are happy with a steady or decreasing ST sale.

The club do phone lapsed ST Holders individually to ask why they are not renewing - last time i heard the results, if i remember rightly, the majority were moving out of the area or indeed had died since purchasing their last one. Other reasons were not high up, and if they are now then the Club has no room for being complacent as you describe, if indeed they ever were.

From the current sales trend, I think it'll be blatantly obvious that people haven't renewed because I'll be extremely surprised if we get anywhere near last season's season ticket sales... maybe 5000 max?

:(

I don't agree.

The way City finished last season will encourage lots of people to renew or buy for the first time.There are a few,like Neo who won't renew as a matter of principle(fair play to them) but there were also a few that didn't renew last season with Tinnion in charge.They might well rejoin as a ST holder this coming season.

I predict as many ST's or maybe slighly more that last season.

As always, success on the field will be paramount.

If we don't hit 7/8k, then a five match winning run at the start of the season will be followed by a "special offer" to tempt the waverers and part timers out of their slumber :)

I'm sure we'll make 1/2 money signings and that should be enough to bring some additional people in.

First time I have ever thought seriously before parting with my cash. I can cope with anything on the pitch, it is just the complacent and almost condescending attitude towards loyal season ticket holders that annoys me. They fawn over anyone buying a Prawn Sarny seat, but seem incapable of showing much gratitude to long-serving ordinary season ticket holders. We all read CS's promise of billions from the P-S seats, but just hanging on to an extra 1,000 of us ordinary guys is worth £300K p.a. plus any additionals from food, drinks, programmes, shirts etc. Enough to buy a quality striker!

First time I have ever thought seriously before parting with my cash. I can cope with anything on the pitch, it is just the complacent and almost condescending attitude towards loyal season ticket holders that annoys me. They fawn over anyone buying a Prawn Sarny seat, but seem incapable of showing much gratitude to long-serving ordinary season ticket holders. We all read CS's promise of billions from the P-S seats, but just hanging on to an extra 1,000 of us ordinary guys is worth £300K p.a. plus any additionals from food, drinks, programmes, shirts etc. Enough to buy a quality striker!

Amen Brother! :wub:

You're a true forum professional Robbored. That'll get 'em going! I'm a bit like you though in that I'll turn a blind eye to all sorts of things. The Club's attitude stinks sometimes but still I come back because where BCFC are concerened I have red coloured glasses full of cider!!

:rolleyes:

This is not a gibe at anyone - but.....shouldn't the question be 'what can I do for my club?,rather than 'what can my club do for me? :dunno:

If everyone at the club has that sort of attitude then no wonder why people are deciding not to renew.

We all pay hard earned money to the club and the least they could do is treat us normal fans' with abit of respect.

This is not a gibe at anyone - but.....shouldn't the question be 'what can I do for my club?,rather than 'what can my club do for me? :dunno:

It's a romantic view and I do like it, in the day of modern coperative consumption that professional Football is wrapped up in it doesn't wash though.

One of my main responsibilities for my 'Club' is recruitment, problem is the product has become so poor. <insert an atmosphere rant here>

Divisions amongst fans is also a big set back.....

but how I see it is that all the Club nee business want out of me is my money and my compliance to their dictation, they would be doing themselves the biggest favour of all if they would only change their perception of 'undesireable types'. I've said it before on here and I am a big non-fan of the current regime - but ''they don't know what they're doing'' all they have got is SL's wallet.

This season I've not got the mental strength not to renew and I'm not in a financial position to pick and choose (say) 15 games, hopefully :pray: come 07/08 I'm leaving this cesspit Country anyway.

I could go on......

Last year the signings of Stewart and Bridges shook many City fans out of their close-season slumber and down to the ticket office.

At the moment, apparently, we have sold a similar number to this time last year but there is little prospect of 'exciting' new signings to provoke a stampede for season tickets.

At this rate, judging from some of the postings of people not renewing, we are going to struggle to get near next season's figure.

I'm sure, under GJ, City will not be going for 'names' like Stewart and Bridges again but who could City feasibly sign, fee and wage-wise that would have waverers convinced to give it a go for another season?

A real entertainer, practically unknown from abroad perhaps or would the likes of Jevons and Reddy be enough to whet the appetite of the City masses and get the ST cash rolling in? :dunno:

Lambert of Rochdale would be a good one, but despite promptings on here i fear we've left it a year too late. :whistle:

I couldnt care if people don't renew, It will be their loss in my opinion and they will only end up paying more having to pay match day prices.

Nothing is certain in this game but on the form displayed in the second half of last season the future is looking okay. Renewed mine 3 weeks ago as I feel Johnson will lead us to some king of success very soon.

I couldnt care if people don't renew, It will be their loss in my opinion and they will only end up paying more having to pay match day prices.

Nothing is certain in this game but on the form displayed in the second half of last season the future is looking okay. Renewed mine 3 weeks ago as I feel Johnson will lead us to some king of success very soon.

I shall be renewing as always. Personally my support is not dependant on success or even what division City are in.

My question was who could City sign to excite and persuade the waverers.

I agree it is their loss but not that it doesn't matter. The lack of pre-season income from 500-1,000 missing ST Holders could mean we miss out on signing a vital player who could help to get us off to a flying start.

Johnson, the 'king of success', sounds good to me! :laugh::city:

As long as were winning on the pitch who cares!!!!!!!!

That's exactly the fickle attitude that the board have adopted. You truly belong at Ashton Gate.

What was the slogan on the advert, something about "match-day experience"? Deluded :laugh:

Thats entertainment folks.

BCFC, The Rolling Stones, ABBA, Richard Hatton. Whether its Music, Football, boxing etc, its all about bums on seats . The better the entertainment, the more seats are sold.

City have been in the old third division so long the teams are old and stale news. Again with such great footballing luminaries as Oldham, Doncaster, Chesterfield and Port Vale. Thats not likely to have fans rushing for tickets.

City need to start next season on fire, success breads success. Give the public a product worth paying for, they will buy a ticket....waiting.

Guest do you like apples?

they're

As long as were winning on the pitch who cares!!!!!!!!

we're

That's exactly the fickle attitude that the board have adopted. You truly belong at Ashton Gate.

What was the slogan on the advert, something about "match-day experience"? Deluded :laugh:

You obviously have your own personal issues for not renewing, thats your choice, I personally enjoy my "match day experience" and feel I am getting value for money with my season ticket. I don't care about the quality of the food or the fact I'm made to sit down during the match or the fact the seats are wooden etc,etc. At the end of the day pete1975 is spot on, it's all about the football unless you decide otherwise :rolleyes:

You obviously have your own personal issues for not renewing, thats your choice, I personally enjoy my "match day experience" and feel I am getting value for money with my season ticket. I don't care about the quality of the food or the fact I'm made to sit down during the match or the fact the seats are wooden etc,etc. At the end of the day pete1975 is spot on, it's all about the football unless you decide otherwise :rolleyes:

that's your choice

I have been Parting with cash for decades and often gone well beyond what most sensible adults would regard as normal, that is what i have done for my club. Now my club i feel should start treating supporters with the respect they deserve.

No for many it's about belief, passion and belonging.

And you forgot the capital letter at the start.

and you forgot that you're not supposed to start a sentence with "and". That's one of the first things i learned at school.

Archived