IGNORED

Season Ticket Shifters

Nogbad the Bad

and you forgot that you're not supposed to start a sentence with "and". That's one of the first things i learned at school.

One of the first things I learnt at school too, so how surprised was I when I found out that it was tripe. As someone famous once said in some book or other:

"You can start a sentence with and. And that is all there is to say on the matter."

As long as were winning on the pitch who cares!!!!!!!!

Breakaway Manchester United fans seemed to care despite them being famous for winning, there're also a proportion of dissilusioned hard core Chelski fans now that winning has become the main theme there.

Breakaway Manchester United fans seemed to care despite them being famous for winning, there're also a proportion of dissilusioned hard core Chelski fans now that winning has become the main theme there.

Some of our fans' are so fickle, If we are doing well then everything the board do is fine, If we are doing bad then they call for the boards heads. I don't care how the performance is on the pitch when it comes to my feelings over the board. What counts in my mind is what they do in the board room.

I will be getting a season ticket only for the fact that there is a under 21 ticket and there wont be a under 21 match day price. It's either £140 for 23 games or around £400 for 23 games. That £140 would only get me entry to 7/8 games.Now I would be foolish not to buy one really. If I would have to pay full price this season I doubt I would bother to tell you the truth.

However I will still pick and choose my games just like I would if I was paying on the day.

I am by far convinced by the board and they have a long way to go before they win me over, I don't like the way the treated the fans' last season(ie G block) and some of the poor decisions they made(ie smoking ban)

When they can prove they are not just after our money, Treat us with the same respect as people like premier club members then maybe I will back them, Untill then they have alot of work to do.

I have been Parting with cash for decades and often gone well beyond what most sensible adults would regard as normal, that is what i have done for my club. Now my club i feel should start treating supporters with the respect they deserve.

No for many it's about belief, passion and belonging.

Top post; you don't have to buy a season ticket :doh: in fact you probably give more to the club by not buying one and attending 15/20 home games.

Cant really see how the seaon ticket holders feel they are considerably more important than the pay on the day fans :dunno:

In over 40 years of support I`ve must of been to most away grounds, attended at the Gate 1000`s of times, seen us play at the top and bottom; but bought a season ticket twice :o:dunno:

Think you will find that the CFC fans that no longer go are the ones who got fed up with sanitised, over priced 'football experience' and decided to go elsewhere. The Premiership is not the Promised Land as far as I am concerned and would be happy for City to become an established 2nd div team. As for the season ticket issue, simple you pay your money you take a choice, no guns to your head. If you renew 'well done' if you don't well quite simply don't, no need to broadcast it to the world, it is not martyrdom!

For me my support of the football club is unconditional and has been since 1967 and all through' the dark days of the 80's when City were at the bottom of the old Division 4.If City were in the conferance I'd still be watching them.

Call me a die hard or even a fool but thats the way it is.

Looking at the greater picture,it makes little difference to me who the manager is,who the board are or even which players are turning out each week.They all come and go but we fans are the one constant throughout.

I find it hard to identify with those fans support City one week but not the next or those that withold their support on matters of principle.To me the club needs us all.

Thats why I, and many like me give up plenty of of our free time to assist the club.Thats also why I asked the question earlier in this thread "what can I do for my club?" and not "what can my club do for me?"

Thats why I, and many like me give up plenty of of our free time to assist the club.Thats also why I asked the question earlier in this thread "what can I do for my club?" and not "what can my club do for me?"

Remove the £5 Supporters Club membership fee and make use of the R&W bar free for all? :D

I will be getting a season ticket only for the fact that there is a under 21 ticket and there wont be a under 21 match day price. .............

However I will still pick and choose my games just like I would if I was paying on the day.

Well everybody can do their own thing.................but I'm really puzzled by this one

you are buying a SEASON ticket.......................but are already thinking of "picking and choosing" (ie) deliberatly missing some games - even though you've already paid for your seat ????

I know some S/T holders occaisionally miss a game if they have a prior committment of family emergency or something.......................but I can't imagine any S/T holder getting up on a Saturday and thinking - I won't bother going today it's only Port Vale etc

But as you rightly pointed out in your post some fans are fickle

CodeRed

There are a few,like Neo who won't renew as a matter of principle(fair play to them)

I find it hard to identify with those fans support City one week but not the next or those that withold their support on matters of principle.To me the club needs us all.

You think it's "fair play" that people won't renew as a matter of principle, but, you can't identify with it; which means in essence you don't think it is right.

Contradiction is alive and well and drinking cheaply :w00t:

Think you will find that the CFC fans that no longer go are the ones who got fed up with sanitised, over priced 'football experience' and decided to go elsewhere. The Premiership is not the Promised Land as far as I am concerned and would be happy for City to become an established 2nd div team. As for the season ticket issue, simple you pay your money you take a choice, no guns to your head. If you renew 'well done' if you don't well quite simply don't, no need to broadcast it to the world, it is not martyrdom!

I was just trying to counter the claim that as long as we're winning nothing else matters.

I too am fed up with sanitised Football.

There were Chelsea fans who turned their backs on Chelsea the day Abramovich took over, I was living in West London at the time and new some personally.

I don't care for and am not looking for recognition whatever my S/T decision may be.

How can you have attended at the Gate "1000's" of times in 40 years - maybe just over a thousand as I have done but not thousands plural :englandsmile4wf:

:doh::blush: 100`S AND 100`S AND hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and some more; then :dunno: :razz:

You think it's "fair play" that people won't renew as a matter of principle, but, you can't identify with it; which means in essence you don't think it is right.

Contradiction is alive and well and drinking cheaply :w00t:

I can't identify with religious people or homosexuality but that doesn't mean that I think that either is wrong.

I respect those who don't renew on a matter of principle.Its just that its not something I would ever do - hence not identifying with them.

Guest pentlandsl

I don't agree.

The way City finished last season will encourage lots of people to renew or buy for the first time.There are a few,like Neo who won't renew as a matter of principle(fair play to them) but there were also a few that didn't renew last season with Tinnion in charge.They might well rejoin as a ST holder this coming season.

I predict as many ST's or maybe slighly more that last season.

Not me.

I didn't renew last year as I felt the club and particularly the players were taking the wee wee. The beginning of last season emphasised that I was right. I became completely dissillusioned with the club and after a season of cold turkey not watching any matches I have thrown off my addiction of 28 years of going to watch City on Saturdays and now enjoy spending Saturdays in a variety of entertaining activities including Rugby, non-league football, cinema, days out and a myriad of other activities with my children.

In many ways I am grateful to the club for the last 2 seasons as without them I wouldn't have realised just what it is that I was missing out on.

I still look out for City's results first and I may go and watch an odd match with the children (cup match, play-off match, Johnsons Paint Trophy Final etc.) but that is as far as my interest in the club will be taken.

I realise that many of you will slate me off for becoming a 'fair-weather' supporter , which is why I haven't posted on here for months. BUT, if I feel like this I bet I'm not the only one - something the club should be seriously concerned about.

Not me.

I didn't renew last year as I felt the club and particularly the players were taking the wee wee. The beginning of last season emphasised that I was right. I became completely dissillusioned with the club and after a season of cold turkey not watching any matches I have thrown off my addiction of 28 years of going to watch City on Saturdays and now enjoy spending Saturdays in a variety of entertaining activities including Rugby, non-league football, cinema, days out and a myriad of other activities with my children.

In many ways I am grateful to the club for the last 2 seasons as without them I wouldn't have realised just what it is that I was missing out on.

I still look out for City's results first and I may go and watch an odd match with the children (cup match, play-off match, Johnsons Paint Trophy Final etc.) but that is as far as my interest in the club will be taken.

I realise that many of you will slate me off for becoming a 'fair-weather' supporter , which is why I haven't posted on here for months. BUT, if I feel like this I bet I'm not the only one - something the club should be seriously concerned about.

Its your choice. If you want to be a partime 'fan' who can slate you for it? :dunno:

Its your choice. If you want to be a partime 'fan' who can slate you for it? :dunno:

I kinda think you might be by putting the word fan in quotes.

I use those for loose terms too.

Or am I mis-interpreting the 'uber-fan' once again?

I'm a fan, he's a fan, your a fan. The only question is which one of us deserves 'ny' after our name. Probably all I suppose; after all - it's Bristol City we're talking about.

The bottom line is that the club has got to get off it's fat rear and start winning enough football matches to get us out of the third division. We will then be getting 15,000+ through the gate every home match. The problem is that, regardless of whatever reasons people come up with not to renew their season tickets, a sustained period in the third division has to eventually affect season ticket sales.

The club has been a PR disaster since the sacking of Danny Wilson and the hopelessly ill thought out appointment of Brian Tinnion without even bothering to check the other options out there. East End, rubbish merchanidise, the "Badge" fiasco, many people being forced to move seats, some twice in two seasons and some to accommodate a stand that shows no sign of ever getting built, poor catering facilities (the best pie shop in Bristol is 500 yards up the road and we don't even sell their pies), long standing supporters who want to sing being filmed by stewards, the attitude of Keith Draisey, poor pricing policy for younger supporters, signings made solely to boost season ticket sales with no thought of the long term future of the club, Ashton Gate transferring to a holding company, selling very promising Academy talent to Reading and Preston reserves, players deciding they don't like a manager and then not playing for him, players calling the manager Conference standard because they can't take a rollicking after an embarrassing 3-0 home defeat where they did not get within yards of the opposition players, a player on the touchline at an away game claiming Johnson would get us relegated, drunken players masquerading as professional "athletes" fighting and getting arrested on a regular basis, players who were apparently not even fit including one who chucked three or four gallons of "rough" up on the pitch and who persisted in smoking despite being unable to last more than an hour!!, two of the most embarrassing defeats in living memory (Luton and Swansea), the longest run of consecutive defeats in the club's history, not one decent cup run, Tony Dinning!!! - the list is endless.

When you think about it we have had to endure more than supporters of the vast majority of football clubs up and down the land over the last couple of years. In fairness to Gary Johnson the upturn in form and the obvious commitment of all but a couple of players restored some much needed sanity to the proceedings but all he has really done is repair the huge amount of damage that had already occured. Unfortunately many supporters have had enough of false promises/dawns and instead will take a look at what happens next season before committing. Football is not cheap entertainment to watch and there are many competing forms of entertainment (particularly for people with families). I have renewed but I can also understand, when looking at my middle paragraph, why some people are not bothering.

Every season we get the 'we won't get as many ST's as last season' comments.The facts are that BCFC season ticket sales are pretty much consistant over the past few seasons.

I simply don't understand why some 'fans' make overlong but sometimes articulate points about how crap the club is and how it doesn't respect the average fan and so on and yet they feel strongly enough to bother to post on this forum.

If I was disenchanted with my local shop then I wouldn't bother to shop there.I'd simply go elsewhere.The choice is endless.

Therefore, if you as an individual fan don't feel that City are offering you value for money,then go and watch local amatuer football or maybe watch the egg chasers every so often.Better still you could take your loved one shopping or on a nice walk..the choice is endless...

If you are a true and faithfull City fan then these alternative options hold no appeal.Why? Because whatever your're doing you'll wish you were at AG......

Every season we get the 'we won't get as many ST's as last season' comments.The facts are that BCFC season ticket sales are pretty much consistant over the past few seasons.

I simply don't understand why some 'fans' make overlong but sometimes articulate points about how crap the club is and how it doesn't respect the average fan and so on and yet they feel strongly enough to bother to post on this forum.

If I was disenchanted with my local shop then I wouldn't bother to shop there.I'd simply go elsewhere.The choice is endless.

Therefore, if you as an individual fan don't feel that City are offering you value for money,then go and watch local amatuer football or maybe watch the egg chasers every so often.Better still you could take your loved one shopping or on a nice walk..the choice is endless...

If you are a true and faithfull City fan then these alternative options hold no appeal.Why? Because whatever your're doing you'll wish you were at AG......

######

Your local shop ..... I give up!

It's not about the money, it's not even about the standard of Football for me, it's about ''do I feel that I belong?'' or ''Do I believe in the course?'' Lately it's just become more a matter of ''do I not feel I'm having less pish taken out of me?'' ''Am I not treated like a #####?''

What do you suggest we do - go down Rovers!

Robboredred: ''Therefore, if you as an individual fan don't feel that City are offering you value for money,then go and watch local amatuer football or maybe watch the egg chasers every so often.Better still you could take your loved one shopping or on a nice walk..the choice is endless...''

...you made a fishing statement the other day how one should not see the Club as what it could do for you but what you should be doing for the Club.....Neo picked you up for contradicting yourself just earlier on I believe.....

City take the #### and I've almost changed my mind on giving the Club a lot of money this Summer, I'll take my loved one on a nice walk instead :grr: .

I DO NOT SUPPORT SAINSBURYS

Complacency will kill this club in the end, Robbored, if it is not nipped in the bud. Many of the fans not buying season tickets for next season do care about the club and are no doubt gutted that things have gone so far downhill in their eyes that they do not wish to spend between £200-£400 and guarantee a seat. We have had many problems at the club since Wilson left and the club needs to recognise that and take steps to improve matters. If the treatment of the most loyal supporters by the club deteriorates much further in the pursuit of new supporters this club will go down the pan. A business plan whose main philosphy (aside from the Chairman will bail us out every season) is "ah well, if we lose a season ticket holder another one will replace them" is a pretty poor one in my book. I just hope that Gary Johnson does the job for us (which I am hopeful of) and I never have to say "I told you so" in hindsight.

RR, I normally find that you try to debate matters quite sensibly - even if I don't agree with everything you say - but this post is either a wind-up or it can be boiled down to the 'common or garden' comment "if you want to criticise the club then you're not a real fan".

The only way a supporter can let the club know he's not happy with what's happening at his club is to vote with his feet, no matter how difficult or painful it may be to do that.

To continue to accept some of the treatment fans have been receiving from the club, whether intentional or not, makes one either stupid or masochistic. It also gives the club the wrong impression and they assume that everything is hunky dory with the punters.

It is not "okay" for the club to think that losing a STH in preference to a richer, corporate punter who is supposedly going to spend more money at the club is of no consequence (and I don't think they do for one minute!).

I think we all agree that the club's efforts should be directed at retaining existing STHs as well as attracting corporate dosh.

In football, we can't just 'walk away' and try the fare somewhere else, like we would if we received poor service from a retail outlet. That's a poor analogy and you know it. :disapointed2se:

To criticise a supporter for trying to make a point about what he feels is unfair is undermining the very purpose that the Supporters Trust was created.

I hope I have been biting at a wind-up :(

This reply is really in respect of my Father ,75 years young and a lifetime supporter.Now "displaced" ,he is not renewing his season ticket after some 40 years.

His reply to whose arrival would excite him, his answer " the guy from Coventry,Marcus Stewart".

Archived