IGNORED

Season Ticket Shifters

Nogbad the Bad

If you are a true and faithfull City fan then these alternative options hold no appeal.Why? Because whatever your're doing you'll wish you were at AG......

Every City fan is true and faithful be it a season ticket holder or someone who can make only a few games a season due to other commitments.

Now for you you may think that City is everything and missing a game is the ultimate sin but many others don't think like that, Me for one.

Last season for one of the home games it was my daughters 1st Birthday, So we had a party for her, I was happy to miss that game because of that and didn't care about missing a city game because some things in life are important than a football game, Especially when it's your own flesh and blood.

RR, I normally find that you try to debate matters quite sensibly - even if I don't agree with everything you say - but this post is either a wind-up or it can be boiled down to the 'common or garden' comment "if you want to criticise the club then you're not a real fan".

The only way a supporter can let the club know he's not happy with what's happening at his club is to vote with his feet, no matter how difficult or painful it may be to do that.

To continue to accept some of the treatment fans have been receiving from the club, whether intentional or not, makes one either stupid or masochistic. It also gives the club the wrong impression and they assume that everything is hunky dory with the punters.

It is not "okay" for the club to think that losing a STH in preference to a richer, corporate punter who is supposedly going to spend more money at the club is of no consequence (and I don't think they do for one minute!).

I think we all agree that the club's efforts should be directed at retaining existing STHs as well as attracting corporate dosh.

In football, we can't just 'walk away' and try the fare somewhere else, like we would if we received poor service from a retail outlet. That's a poor analogy and you know it. :disapointed2se:

To criticise a supporter for trying to make a point about what he feels is unfair is undermining the very purpose that the Supporters Trust was created.

I hope I have been biting at a wind-up :(

Maybe the difference is that I have faith in the executive at BCFC to make the right decisions when it comes to increasing revenue for the football club.Thats one of the reasons that the SC was compliant in moving from the Atyeo Suite into the Dolman Hall.It was explained to the SC committee that by moving and the old clubroom being refurbished and so on that it would enable the club to increase matchday revenue.I don't recall the exact figures but they were significant.

The SC moved willingly as it was of benefit to the football club for us to do so.

The redevelopment of the Williams Stand with new seating and so on will ultimately be of benefit to the FC and thats my point.More revenue for the FC has obvious benefits.

The executive at AG don't make decisions designed to aggravate the fans.All decisons are in the interests of BCFC.I wish that more fans could see it that way.

Thats not to say that the club couldn't have handled the whole re-allocation of seats more subtly and with more empathy for those having to move.Imo they could use a lesson PR.But withholding your ST money achieves nothing.It would take at least a 30% decrease in ST sales for the club to take notice that a protest is going on.10 or even a 100 lost sales will largely go unnoticed.

The best way to get your voice heard is to sign up for the Trust and/or the Supporters Club.

Maybe the difference is that I have faith in the executive at BCFC to make the right decisions when it comes to increasing revenue for the football club.Thats one of the reasons that the SC was compliant in moving from the Atyeo Suite into the Dolman Hall.It was explained to the SC committee that by moving and the old clubroom being refurbished and so on that it would enable the club to increase matchday revenue.I don't recall the exact figures but they were significant.

The SC moved willingly as it was of benefit to the football club for us to do so.

The redevelopment of the Williams Stand with new seating and so on will ultimately be of benefit to the FC and thats my point.More revenue for the FC has obvious benefits.

The executive at AG don't make decisions designed to aggravate the fans.All decisons are in the interests of BCFC.I wish that more fans could see it that way.

Thats not to say that the club couldn't have handled the whole re-allocation of seats more subtly and with more empathy for those having to move.Imo they could use a lesson PR.But withholding your ST money achieves nothing.It would take at least a 30% decrease in ST sales for the club to take notice that a protest is going on.10 or even a 100 lost sales will largely go unnoticed.

The best way to get your voice heard is to sign up for the Trust and/or the Supporters Club.

I believe your 'blind' faith is a little misguided.

While I wouldn't dispute that - GENERALLY - the directors at BCFC have the club's best interests in mind when making difficult decisions, the fact remains that even the best managers with the best intentions make fatal errors of judgement and blunders, whether it be on the football side, the administrative side, or both.

After all, if they didn't they would never be displaced, would they? It's really only a failure to perform that brings about change, though some would argue that phenomenal success would also encourage change, but we don't need to worry about that end of the scale quite yet, do we?

The old adage that "you can't please everybody all of the time" is very relevant in pro football, but I reiterate that some of the blunders that have been made by the 'executive' (to use your term) since Wilson was shown the door cannot, and should not, be swept under the carpet with a catchall statement like "Trust the board, they know what they're doing...", because it is patently obvious that, some of the time - by their own admission - they didn't!

You're quite correct that the club is not likely to notice 100 or so renewal no-shows and you are also astute in pointing out that the SC or ST is the way to get the fans a voice. However, I believe that the club should NOT be dismissive about losing long-term STHs and they SHOULD be concerned.

While I'm sure the SC and ST have done/will do a sterling job, membership of such bodies do not preclude me from making my own protests, because however pathetic or unimportant you think the club will treat it, it satisfies my own sense of fair play.

You sure, the club always bring out good deals to entice the part time fans like last season, 2 top games combined which works out really cheap.

Then get a half season ticket if the team are doing well

I wont be buying a season ticket but will attend and pay on the day thus costing more money :doh:

Perfect logic :blink:

Would depend on the number of games; surely you can work that much out?

Season ticket in preferred area = £325 (note this is the Early Bird price which I can't afford anyway as going on holiday next week), so this is a minimum.

Match-day price in preferred area = £21 (I think; can't be arsed to look and never paid it before).

I can attend 15 league games for less money. Probably more like 18 after taking up some offers along the way. Or, I can attend less and see a saving. Might even be 19/20 when you consider the price of a non-early bird ticket potentially under the payment plan.

Archived