IGNORED

Stewart Scores For Yeovil [merged topics]

eric04

You've answered your own question.

There's more chance of Rovers getting promoted.

Nibor........but if there is another Millandric out there could lightening strike twice ,remember how the 3 wise-men made their first decision to stop Thorpe's loan to Burnley and subsequently enable him to be our top scorer for 3 seasons! Remember its a funny old game,Lansdown'S "GET OUT OF JAIL" card could be I was just trying to support the manager.

Everyone's forgetting that a BCFC paid employee helped us overtake Swansea this weekend. Continue the good work Agent Stewart. :w00t:

Surely you mean "double agent" for he kept Yeovil ahead of us too.

Nibor........but if there is another Millandric out there could lightening strike twice ,remember how the 3 wise-men made their first decision to stop Thorpe's loan to Burnley and subsequently enable him to be our top scorer for 3 seasons! Remember its a funny old game,Lansdown'S "GET OUT OF JAIL" card could be I was just trying to support the manager.

I guess it's possible he could play again if GJ wasn't manager but that would mean another season up the spout so I'd rather not think about it!

I don't understand what GJ is supposed to do with a player who made it quite clear he had no respect for him as a Manager.

What was he supposed to say to a player who described him as a Conference Manager?

"You have a valid point Marcus, I'll take a back seat and you can pick the team. I am sure you will do a better job because you are a fan of the club!"

All those of you who would rather watch a 33year old playing out his lucrative contract on easy street, can, it's not far to Yeovil.

To dismiss the fact that the turn round in form happened when Stewart's (and Phillips) influence on the squad was restricted, is to live in "Cloud Cuckoo Land" (just off Jct 27 Interstate 4 Fla:).

Perhaps Kachina, who feels that GJ is or worst ever Manager, has an incredibly short memory. He has done more things right in 11 months than most of our managers managed in their whole careers.

I don't understand what GJ is supposed to do with a player who made it quite clear he had no respect for him as a Manager.

What was he supposed to say to a player who described him as a Conference Manager?

"You have a valid point Marcus, I'll take a back seat and you can pick the team. I am sure you will do a better job because you are a fan of the club!"

All those of you who would rather watch a 33year old playing out his lucrative contract on easy street, can, it's not far to Yeovil.

To dismiss the fact that the turn round in form happened when Stewart's (and Phillips) influence on the squad was restricted, is to live in "Cloud Cuckoo Land" (just off Jct 27 Interstate 4 Fla:).

Perhaps Kachina, who feels that GJ is or worst ever Manager, has an incredibly short memory. He has done more things right in 11 months than most of our managers managed in their whole careers.

Spot on HBR.

When GJ came here we were all in agreement that for too long there had been a lack of discipline, players were allowed to do what they wanted and get away with murder. I think everyone ( if they are honest) wanted/expected Gj to be the manager who would get to grips with this once and for all.

Against that background, how is he meant to have dealt with the clubs "senior pro" , from whom he would have reasonably expected some suport, but who, alledgedly, questioned his ability infront of the other players? I'm sorry, but that is a confrontation where GJ could only handle it one way if he wanted to maintain his authority as a manager, and that was to make an example of Stewart so the other players could be in no doubt about who was in charge.

There are too many comments on here referring to "Stewart haters". I'm not a Stewart hater ( and guess the vast majority of City fans aren't either) as I would love for him to have reproduced his Sunderland form for us, but for whatever reason HE HASN'T DONE IT. What if GJ had stuck with Stewart, lost the dressing room, made no headway with the drinking culture, and then had Stewart perfrom equelly as badly as he did before?

We should spend less time worrying about a player who is now probably just past his best and spend a bit more time thinking about the exciting prospect of seeing more of our young academy talent fighting for places in the first team - that's where the future of this club lies.

Archived