IGNORED

Milo

Gerry Gows' Tash

Guest DrFaustus

In response to Gerry's tache, I had the pleasure of meeting Milo last year mate...a very gentle, pleasant and intelligent guy. He plainly loves your club, in the same way that you do.

No digs, smarmy comments or sarcasm in this post, it's what I felt.

Hope that helps :)

Only been a fan since 83 and only been a member of this board since 2004 (although prior to ST takeover of OTIB I don't remember seeing the name) are these the right credentials to be our spokesman - who elected him ?

GGT, he is the man behind the ST, and hes ok, think the Evil one partially quoted him, as is their wont when it comes to BCFC.

I'm 37 years old and as my Dad was not a big football fan he only took me very rarely to football matches as a youngster. My brother is a couple of years older than me and I started going with him and a group of friends aged 13 when we were in the old fourth division.

I always used to stand in the East End and when the Atyeo became the home stand I went there and have had a season ticket ever since.

Like 147 other professional clubs, Bristol City now has a Supporters Trust. It's a movement that has grown out of the government's recognition that supporters should play a more important and active role in the running of the Clubs they support. Supporters Direct was set up in 2000 and the Supporters Trust movement has mushroomed since then.

The Trust is a democratic organisation where all members own it equally. All members are invited to stand for the board and everyone who puts themselves forward for positions are put forward for elections. All prospective board members had to write the reasons why they thought they'd be suitable and this allowed people to get a feeling for the type of people and their backgrounds before casting their vote. The Trust launched in November 2005 and the elections took place in May 2006. AGMs and elections take place every year.

I'm sorry that you don't agree with the comments you've heard from me, hopefully there'll be comments I make in the future that you will agree with. I realise that many fans have not agreed with my viewpoint on jailings of Brooker and Orr. I've taken time to explain my views on that thread and rather than set up a duplicate thread on the same subject if you wish to debate it further then it might be best to do so on that thread.

I want the comments I make to be balanced and representative of the majority of fans and I try hard to achieve that. I accept that I may make mistakes here.

The comments made in the Evening Post were personal comments rather than an official Trust position. I accept that there is a grey area about personal comments or Trust comments which is why I aim to be balanced. As stated in the other thread, the balance in my argument was not reported in the Evening Post and I take responsibility for that due to the way I communicated with the Post's reporter. The experience has taught me that I must always give clear and concise quotes in the future, rather than assuming the reporter has the time or inclination to precis my comments. Lesson learned.

A very balanced response from "Milo".

I don't know the guy personally, but I am a Trust member and have been very impressed with the way that he and the committee have set about providing positive support for our club.

Like him, I'm very disappointed about the behaviour of the jailbirds, its tarnished the name of the club Just hope that they'll put all their aggression and energy to positive effect, when they get back on the pitch. Personaly, I think Brooker should be stripped of the captaincy: he's hardly a role model!

Problem is he is condascening, patronising and rude, worse than that he publicy spouts opinions I don't agree with. That would be fine except that he purports to represent us as fans. A definite schism is appearing between the ST and "ordinary fans" and he is the architect of it.

Just to add my support of Miles and to say how ridiculous your comments are.

Miles was and is the driving force behind the establishment of the ST - aided of course by several people every bit as committed as he is. Nobody else was volunteering to create the Bristol City Supporters Trust - including you - so he did it. I was involved in the very early discussions before the trust was formed, and frankly, didn't think it would get off the ground. It is to Miles' credit that he had the determination to see it through.

Having met and spoken with Miles on several ocassions, I can tell you he is not any of the things you describe - quite the opposite in fact.

I can tell you that one of Miles' and the trusts chief objectives is to bridge the gap which exists between the club and the ordinary fan.

He carries out his responsibilities as the ST chairman completely free of charge and entirely in his own time, whilst simultaneously running his own business and at a time when his wife has been seriously ill. He does not have a high public profile, and even if he did, I do not believe that there are any egotistical motives.

I would advise you to attend the next trust open meeting, I am sure you will gain an entirely different opinion of both Miles and the trust.

I have noticed that Subcider site, it is getting very popular and very funny to read. More relaxed as well i think. The Net centre is good also because of the opposing fans in the message board.

Agree Hector, ive started aving a look in, language a joke, but really a great bunch of lads, very funny , and very knowlegable, true City fans, well apart from a certain DR F.. :D

Great bloke though

Listen....... It's a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

Gerry is free to post such a question.

Problem is he is condascening, patronising and rude

Not sure about that ^ part of his questioning...he didn't give any reasoning or examples to illustrate these descriptions either.

Not sure about that ^ part of his questioning...he didn't give any reasoning or examples to illustrate these descriptions either.

He also was not 'Heavy' in his questioning?

A simple PM would probably be more than enough for both parties....... and they'd end up best of mates?

I'm not reading more into this than a simple question.... or is it all more dark?

I would also totally understand Milo if he did nothing at all regarding the question as he does not need to answer to anyone.

One thing people must understand, not that it has been suggested, one who does a lot for the forum or supporters or anything in life generally should expect is gushing thanks from all and sundry for their efforts, that's just life I would suggest.

I'm not even suggesting that anyone has even stated that but

The fact is just because they give and do a lot............. sometimes that can be enough for others to question them rightly or wrongly?

We must take that into account.

I trust you understand my reply :)

• Admin

He also was not 'Heavy' in his questioning?

A simple PM would probably be more than enough for both parties....... and they'd end up best of mates?

I'm not reading more into this than a simple question.... or is it all more dark?

I would also totally understand Milo if he did nothing at all regarding the question as he does not need to answer to anyone.

One thing people must understand, not that it has been suggested, one who does a lot for the forum or supporters or anything in life generally should expect is gushing thanks from all and sundry for their efforts, that's just life I would suggest.

I'm not even suggesting that anyone has even stated that but

The fact is just because they give and do a lot............. sometimes that can be enough for others to question them rightly or wrongly?

We must take that into account.

I trust you understand my reply :)

Milo has put himself in the public eye of Bristol City. Now he will be shot and sniped at (for little reason) as are everything/everyone else in the Bristol City spectrum. As was and ever will be.

Agree Hector, ive started aving a look in, language a joke, but really a great bunch of lads, very funny , and very knowlegable, true City fans, well apart from a certain DR F.. :D

Great bloke though

Deffo www.subcider.co.uk/subb give it a try not for the faint hearted though :farmer:

Milo is a top bloke n thatcham red too

i know me n my mates are really not too impressed with the supporters trust but its not Milo's fault really

Deffo www.subcider.co.uk/subb give it a try not for the faint hearted though :farmer:

Milo is a top bloke n thatcham red too

i know me n my mates are really not too impressed with the supporters trust but its not Milo's fault really

Any particular reason why you are not impressed?

This is a serious question. If necessary send me a PM.

Milo is doing a great job in difficult waters ;)

i think the trust in theroy is a good idea, the st is still young

and learning but i'm sure it will come good, i've given it some

stick (not all what they do) but parts where i think the should be

representing the fans more on a fan level, ie: statue for atyeo rather

than giving money for more training gear at the training ground,

city got money for that, but anyway they always make sure what

you post they reply to ON ALL FORUMS no matter if you agree or not with them.

fair play to um'.

• Admin

Milo is doing a great job in difficult waters ;)

i think the trust in theroy is a good idea, the st is still young

and learning but i'm sure it will come good, i've given it some

stick (not all what they do) but parts where i think the should be

representing the fans more on a fan level, ie: statue for atyeo rather

than giving money for more training gear at the training ground,

city got money for that, but anyway they always make sure what

you post they reply to ON ALL FORUMS no matter if you agree or not with them.

fair play to um'.

Personally, I'm in favour of the improvements to the training ground if it is money the club couldn't justify spending ordinarily.

Theoretically improving your facilities gives your players a better chance or at least "every opportunity" of performing on a matchday & at the end of the day, as a fan, results on the pitch are my number 1 concern.

Personally, I'm in favour of the improvements to the training ground if it is money the club couldn't justify spending ordinarily.

Theoretically improving your facilities gives your players a better chance or at least "every opportunity" of performing on a matchday & at the end of the day, as a fan, results on the pitch are my number 1 concern.

yep i agree it's needed and should be done before all this tarting up in prem suites etc.

but the club can afford that it can training stuff, the supporters trust should start with something at fan level to win over some of the dubious fans who see lansdown the millionaire take money off the trust for the training ground, some see it like that, sometimes it's the simple things that win over fans.

giving over 5k to a millionaire puts fans backs up, and then your struggling to fund this forum???

• Admin

yep i agree it's needed and should be done before all this tarting up in prem suites etc.

but the club can afford that it can training stuff, the supporters trust should start with something at fan level to win over some of the dubious fans who see lansdown the millionaire take money off the trust for the training ground, some see it like that, sometimes it's the simple things that win over fans.

giving over 5k to a millionaire puts fans backs up, and then your struggling to fund this forum???

From what I understand, part of the constitution of the ST is that one of their modus operandi is to "buy" a stake in the Club. This will be one of the main reasons existing members have signed up. The "training ground improvements" cheque I believe was their first purchase of shares in BCFC and the board let them indicate where they would have liked the funds to be spent.

Whilst the erecting of a statue or the funding of OTIB would be/are admirable projects, I personally don't believe that member funds should be directed in those directions.

If through other intiatives (advertising/shopping/donations for OTIB, fundraising initiatives for a statue) the ST can also achieve these other goals then it could attract new members, impressed with their achievements whilst not alienating existing members who signed up thinking their money would go towards them owning more of the club and having more of a say in the decision making process of the club.

The money was given to Bristol City Football Club, not Steve Lansdown and was paid for by Trust members' subscriptions.

Sean, when you say 'fan level', please can you explain what you mean?

If I can just clarify on this point, it's new shares that we have bought rather than existing shares owned by SL so the money has gone to the Club rather than the millionaire.

It's not a gift because the Trust now owns £5,000 worth of shares in the Club rather than having £5,000 of cash in a bank account.

The millionaire shareholders will benefit from the investment in 'the business' as will all other shareholders which now includes an extra 310 ordinary Bristol City fans who are members of the Trust. However, most important is that the players benefit and hopefully as a result every fan will then benefit.

While I'm back on, thank you to everyone who has shown their support for the Trust, the activists who are helping to shape it and for me personally. I appreciate it.

Problem is he is condascening, patronising and rude, worse than that he publicy spouts opinions I don't agree with. That would be fine except that he purports to represent us as fans. A definite schism is appearing between the ST and "ordinary fans" and he is the architect of it.

What are you some sort of apprentice ###### ?

Not just me that thinks it then :farmer:

If I can just clarify on this point, it's new shares that we have bought rather than existing shares owned by SL so the money has gone to the Club rather than the millionaire.

It's not a gift because the Trust now owns £5,000 worth of shares in the Club rather than having £5,000 of cash in a bank account.

The millionaire shareholders will benefit from the investment in 'the business' as will all other shareholders which now includes an extra 310 ordinary Bristol City fans who are members of the Trust. However, most important is that the players benefit and hopefully as a result every fan will then benefit.

While I'm back on, thank you to everyone who has shown their support for the Trust, the activists who are helping to shape it and for me personally. I appreciate it.

so it was for shares right fair enough but this is another point that what mean by fan level

not everyone knows what the money was for and people just see a cheque handed over,

and not everyone understands stocks and shares, it needs to be explained better.

where fund raising is good and the aim is for shares and a stake in the club by fan level

i mean people want to see what they are getting for their money, they won't never use

the players training equipment so your average joe public sat in a pub will straight away

say 'i'm not giving my money to them over paid #######s' after a 4-2 thumpin by blackpool,

most of the people i get to chat to around the OUTSIDE of this pem suite bubble, ouside

ashton gate take great pride in the clubs past as well as it's future, now if for example

there was a fund raising exercise for a statue of wedlock or atyeo the fans who are less

educated in stocks and shares will relate to this and see an end product to their money,

at the moment the attitude is that i pay my £300 odd for a season ticket or so much a

week for a match ticket, so the club can pay for it's training gear out of my ticket money,

i know it's more complicated than that but this is the education barrier you need to get past.

mabe a plaque for the ashton gate 8 or something like it.

remember how the trust was launched with a legends night with past players

people came to see them as much as they did the trust, it is a massive interest

among supporters, now going to leeds, liverpool etc and the honor they give to players

who have gave them something over the years, what do we do here? nothing just paint a few walls

and call it prem suites, kick fans out from where they want to sit, it's wrong.

those who want prem seating fine, but the club should not forget it's bread and butter

and the trust should focus on them to.

The money was given to Bristol City Football Club, not Steve Lansdown and was paid for by Trust members' subscriptions.

Sean, when you say 'fan level', please can you explain what you mean?

i want to see our past players honored like atyeo (in statue form) i want a club that

puts it's fans first and not tarted up clubs that don't let fans in who waer shirts they have bought

from their club shop??? i don't want to see memorabilia taken off walls because the club want to

hire the room out, 90% who book the rooms are city fans and book it for that reason.

the list is endless. :(

I'm not sure where the misunderstanding comes from Cider H. From everything I understood about the trust it was to raise money to buy shares in the club, which in turn would hopefully lead to seat on the board which in turn would give the fans a voice in the board room and a stake in the club.

Once the money for new shares in the club is handed over its upto the club to use the money as they wish. What has happened in reality is that the club have given the ST a say in where the money should be used which wasn't strictly necessary but is a postive step to help members of the ST see that their money is doing something positive.

I really think that anyone who has shown any interest in the ST would know its aims - whether they are members or not.

For those who don't know what its about then where does their interest in Bristol City actually start and end? I would have hoped that most fans who support the club would know something about the ST. Whether they agree with it, or support it is another matter but its existence and reasons for being should be known to anyone who cares.

so it was for shares right fair enough but this is another point that what mean by fan level

not everyone knows what the money was for and people just see a cheque handed over,

and not everyone understands stocks and shares, it needs to be explained better.

Thanks for the feedback. We have talked about the money being used for shares from the start but I accept from your comments that many haven't grasped what that means. I'll write something up about it.

I agree about fund raising for other issues such as a plaque and as stated recently on the subbers site we're looking into the potential for something like this as part of the 25th anniversary event for the AG8 in February. Any fund raising for this would be separate to membership fees as the main point about membership fees is that they get used to invest in shares in our Club.

Ive never met ''''Milo'''' in person but I can guarantee that you wont meet another like him, a truly remarkable man, a saint, a God in some peoples opinion.

Though he means so much more to me.

Truly, deeply I love him.

Sound as a pound.

And he sure does hit the spot with his delectable prawn sandwiches, with just a splash on Helmans.

God bless.

I'm not sure where the misunderstanding comes from Cider H. From everything I understood about the trust it was to raise money to buy shares in the club, which in turn would hopefully lead to seat on the board which in turn would give the fans a voice in the board room and a stake in the club.

Once the money for new shares in the club is handed over its upto the club to use the money as they wish. What has happened in reality is that the club have given the ST a say in where the money should be used which wasn't strictly necessary but is a postive step to help members of the ST see that their money is doing something positive.

I really think that anyone who has shown any interest in the ST would know its aims - whether they are members or not.

For those who don't know what its about then where does their interest in Bristol City actually start and end? I would have hoped that most fans who support the club would know something about the ST. Whether they agree with it, or support it is another matter but its existence and reasons for being should be known to anyone who cares.

i understand to a point, but not everyone does so people won't put their hands in their pockets for

something they don't understand, i mean supporters trust some think are they doing something for the fans?

and not just for the club, get a fund raising exercise going that people who are less educated in business

to understand and see an end product then they are more inclined to put their hands in their pockets for shares or something else, at the moment it seems i've signed up so what happens now?

don't get me wrong i can see all the hard work that goes in to the trust

and the idea behined is a good one but it needs something for everyone to understand.

I really can't see what the issue is here. How can anybody give the "fans" opinion, you could see how much it varied from the discussions at the time, so there was no "Fans opinion". Similarly, the ST members have lives, so they are hardly going to get together and thrash out an "Official statement". I read the EP articles, and it looked as if they just wanted negative comments to justify the stance that the players need to be made an example of.

I have never met any of the ST, have not joined it (yet), but I admire the time and effort that they are putting in on behalf of us all. They all seem pretty reasonable in their postings here, and rather than making petty complaints, we should be respecting their efforts.

Archived