IGNORED

The Brooker Dilema

Bristol Boy

You don't think it will work like:

Brooker/Savage

Brooker/McGammon

Brooker/Matthews

All worked.

Spoke to Steve after the Colchester game last season and he doesn't mins if it's a big guy or a little guy he plays next to.

Enoch out wide is OK providing you're on the attack.When you're not the big man is, I'm afraid, a liability on occassions.Still, if we can get SB fit we could give it another try.

Enoch was always going to make a difference out wide left replacing Scott Brown who was having an off day. I'd persevere with it - McCallister can cope (with anything!) :city:

The kid ha ha. He is is a 25 year old grown man!!

I think you're from Bristol Sarah so I thought you would have recognised a coloquialism when you see one.Bristolians often refer to each other or someone as "Kid", "Old Kid," "Same kid" "ow bis thee kid" etc, etc"

I could say something about him being a % of my age but I won't go there

I think he will stay at least till the end of the season and as long as we get promotion i think we will hold onto him for next season and hopefully beyond.

Few issues there.IF we get promotion we don't know whether SB will be good enough although I personally hope and think so.Secondly, as a buyer is needed in any transaction, much will surround his goals and fitness record this season.

Enoch was always going to make a difference out wide left replacing Scott Brown who was having an off day. I'd persevere with it - McCallister can cope (with anything!) :city:

Exactly. Makes sense to stick with what is working doesn't it surely? Bar knocks of course.

Of course there is another issue and that's if they're both in the team, the simultaneous injury risk to both increases.However, at the end of the day, we'll have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst there.

Of course there is another issue and that's if they're both in the team, the simultaneous injury risk to both increases.However, at the end of the day, we'll have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst there.

Surely you can't NOT play players for fear of them getting injured? If they do, we'll just have to cope - like we have done :dunno:

Yep I'm from Bristol. I thought you were calling him a kid because you are a lot older :whistle:;) ha ha.

I think Steve will have no problem adapting to the championship to be honest i just hope he sticks with us when we get there. I'm sure he will.

Surely you can't NOT play players for fear of them getting injured? If they do, we'll just have to cope - like we have done :dunno:

Well exactly this is what is annoying me to be honest people saying lets save Brooker. SAVE HIM FOR WHAT???????????? He is fit and wants to play. SO LETS PLAY HIM!!!!!

Well exactly this is what is annoying me to be honest people saying lets save Brooker. SAVE HIM FOR WHAT???????????? He is fit and wants to play. SO LETS PLAY HIM!!!!!

]

It's a few years since I packed up playing proper football but if I was fit I'd play and if I wasn't fit I wouldn't play. Today if you're 80% fit you're OK for the bench - can't see it myself.

Brooker/McGammon to be fair seemed to work fairly well. Savage was a liability to the team!!

Really? Look at our record when he played,before he did last season and I think you're being grossly unfair to the lad in not realising the part he played in taking the pressure off Brooker and improving his game.Nobody's saying Savage was the best strike partner Brooker will ever had or indeed that he's any good, but look at the facts and the points gained in a run that he was an integral part off.

I still think we should give what we finished with on Sat a go from the start against Millwall.

I'm sorry Sarah, but what part of "Brooker's injured and can't play ninety minutes," don't you understand? The bloke might not play at all.

What Brooks needs is games he won't get his full match sharpness back by sitting on the bench. He is needed out there as he proved twice last week when he came on as Sub. He is fighting fit and wants to play so i think he should start on Saturday.

You just don't listen or even understand, do you?

He is fighting fit...........May well be, but we're not having a row we're playing football and GJ says he ain't.Now, if you know for a fact that he is then I should get in touch with GJ.However, as you are basing most of this on supposition........nay, hope, as opposed to fact, I think you're likely to be disappointed, based on the last few selections, barring Swansea, which was before he developed this latest injury

So he has picked up another thigh injury has he? I knew he didn't play against Gillingham in the cup because of a thigh injury. But wasan't aware he picked up another one on Saturday? He seemed ok to me. Hopefully its not too serious to keep him out on Saturday.

Yes BB i do understand thank you. So GJ has told you Steve is injured has he?

Right i have just been reading the various comments on this thread. When Steve Brooker came on on against Rotherham and Carlisle he changed the games he lifted the other players ran his socks off and the way he was holding that ball up was second to none. Why the hell shouldn't he start on Saturday? All this lets save him is riddiculous the man wants to and is fit to play as has been proved twice in a week.

Who ever said play him in the reserves needs to get serious all that would acheive is prob him picking up an unecessary injury. Start him against Millwall. Lets start with the same team that finished on Saturday as it was working!!!

Your posts really do make me sick to the stomach :)

What makes me laugh, is you always think you're right. brooks didnt do much of anything in either the carlisle, or rotherham game, exept move the players around to accomodate his favoured position, which worked. It doesnt mean to say he actually did anything first class himself to earn your praise! (although even if he had a crap game in your eyes he would of been the best man on the pitch)

Our current strike force, have done nothing wrong to be dropped, and why should they be to make way for your favourite player? Jevons has just hit some form, and to drop him would be ludicrous, showumni seems to be scoring every week, and i think he plays better up front, rather than left mid. So aslong as those 2 keeps doing the buisness, i see no reason dropping either unless they lack in form. Besides, brooker is still not fully match fit, and now has a thigh strain. What's the point in risking him when we have 2 other fully fit strikers who are doing nothing wrong? Should we just start him against millwall, and risk him having to be stretched off after 15 mins after him damaging his knee/thigh even more? I think not.

My favourite player is noble, he isnt getting a look in, but you don't see me complaining that he isnt even on the bench most weeks! If GJ feels he isnt good enough to make the side at the moment, then fair enough.

Rant over

]

It's a few years since I packed up playing proper football but if I was fit I'd play and if I wasn't fit I wouldn't play. Today if you're 80% fit you're OK for the bench - can't see it myself.

The sad facts are that years ago, a lot of pros had injections and played when the shouldn't.They are now cripples.Tommy Smith being a classic example.Mighty tough defender, hobbling about on sticks.

Today, a hairline facture of the toenail keeps some players out and, in a way, you can't blame then.

I think (I don't say I know) the situation with Brooks is that he can do about 25/30 minutes without suffering further damage and a reaction.That's OK providing he either starts and we have adequate cover or he is used only if necessary as an impact player as he was against Carlisle & Rotherham.The other cabeat being that he won't damage himself further by even playing for that long.

He will need games to get match fit-WHEN HE'S FULLY PHYSICALLY FIT, but as some others have already said, rushing him back could worsen the situation and you have to rely on the advice of the medical team.

The sad facts are that years ago, a lot of pros had injections and played when the shouldn't.They are now cripples.Tommy Smith being a classic example.Mighty tough defender, hobbling about on sticks.

Today, a hairline facture of the toenail keeps some players out and, in a way, you can't blame then.

I think (I don't say I know) the situation with Brooks is that he can do about 25/30 minutes without suffering further damage and a reaction.That's OK providing he either starts and we have adequate cover or he is used only if necessary as an impact player as he was against Carlisle & Rotherham.The other cabeat being that he won't damage himself further by even playing for that long.

He will need games to get match fit-WHEN HE'S FULLY PHYSICALLY FIT, but as some others have already said, rushing him back could worsen the situation and you have to rely on the advice of the medical team.

So you only think he is injured then??????? Because he has been on the bench for the previous two games you have come to these conclusions?

Your posts really do make me sick to the stomach :)

What makes me laugh, is you always think you're right. brooks didnt do much of anything in either the carlisle, or rotherham game, exept move the players around to accomodate his favoured position, which worked. It doesnt mean to say he actually did anything first class himself to earn your praise! (although even if he had a crap game in your eyes he would of been the best man on the pitch)

Our current strike force, have done nothing wrong to be dropped, and why should they be to make way for your favourite player? Jevons has just hit some form, and to drop him would be ludicrous, showumni seems to be scoring every week, and i think he plays better up front, rather than left mid. So aslong as those 2 keeps doing the buisness, i see no reason dropping either unless they lack in form. Besides, brooker is still not fully match fit, and now has a thigh strain. What's the point in risking him when we have 2 other fully fit strikers who are doing nothing wrong? Should we just start him against millwall, and risk him having to be stretched off after 15 mins after him damaging his knee/thigh even more? I think not.

My favourite player is noble, he isnt getting a look in, but you don't see me complaining that he isnt even on the bench most weeks! If GJ feels he isnt good enough to make the side at the moment, then fair enough.

Rant over

When he came on against Carlisle and Rotherham he changed the games gave the other players a lift and we went on to beat Carlisle and Secure a precious point at Rotherham. This thigh strain which you all supposedly think he has got. Where have you got your information from? I wouldn't want to risk him if he is injured of course i wouldn't but providing he is ok then he should start.

I wouldn't drop Jevo either i would play him upfront with Steve.

All due respect regarding Noble i rate the man believe me i can't understand why he can't get in the team either but this isn't about him is it?

So you only think he is injured then???????

It doesn't say that Sarah.Do try to read it properly and then you may, although I have my doubts, understand the topic under discussion .I was making a comment about the extent of the injury, not it's existence. :doh::grr::grr:

Let me put it to you this way

GARY JOHNSON-OUR MANAGER-SAID TODAY ON BCFC WORLD THAT BROOKER HAD A THIGH INJURY.

Because he has been on the bench for the previous two games you have come to these conclusions?

No I came to the conclusion because I heard and saw GJ say it. Do you think that if SB was, as you state "Fighting Fit" the man who is desparate for an away win and more points because his job depends on it and the man that made him our skipper and gave him an improved contract on loads more dough, wouldn't start him :wacko:

When he came on against Carlisle and Rotherham he changed the games gave the other players a lift and we went on to beat Carlisle and Secure a precious point at Rotherham. This thigh strain which you all supposedly think he has got. Where have you got your information from? I wouldn't want to risk him if he is injured of course i wouldn't but providing he is ok then he should start.

All due respect regarding Noble i rate the man believe me i can't understand why he can't get in the team either but this isn't about him is it?

Sarah, you're in denial. he did NOT change the games against carlisle or rotherham. I got my information about steves thigh strain on the official site, as i imagine that's where everyone else got there's from.

Noble has been left out since he picked up a injury, but i think he should start pretty soon if russel and johnson don't start performing.

No, but when we were discussing Marcus Stewart you still HAD to mention Steve Brooker though didn't you !!!

Sarah, you're in denial. he did NOT change the games against carlisle or rotherham. I got my information about steves thigh strain on the official site, as i imagine that's where everyone else got there's from.

Noble has been left out since he picked up a injury, but i think he should start pretty soon if russel and johnson don't start performing.

I'm not in denial at all as you put it he did change the games especially at Rotherham. In fact if he would have been bought on earlier on Sat I'm pretty sure we may have come away with a win even!!

I haven't got BCFC world I'm afraid but it normally comes up on the main site what was said doesn't it? i haven't seen anything.

This thigh strain which you all supposedly think he has got. Where have you got your information from?

SARAH I'VE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT YOU'RE A MORON.LOOK AT BCFC WORLD AND YOU WILL HEAR GJ SAY IT.........IT'S NOT APRIL FOOLS DAY.IT'S BEEN POSTED ON HERE IN REPLIES OVER & OVER & OVER AGAIN AND YOU STILL DON'T ACCEPT IT.YOU ARE EITHER COMPLETELY BARKING MAD OR THIS FIXATION IS GETTING A BIT SERIOUS AND YOU NEED HELP.

I wouldn't want to risk him if he is injured of course i wouldn't but providing he is ok then he should start.

FOR GODS SAKE HE'S NOT AND THAT'S BEEN EXPLAINED.OF COURSE HE COULD/SHOULD START IF HE'S OK BUT AS HAS BEEN EXPLAINED IN THIS AND NUMEROUS OTHER POSTINGS, HE'S INJURED

I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear it and, as far as we know, PJ is fit.

I'm not in denial at all as you put it he did change the games especially at Rotherham. In fact if he would have been bought on earlier on Sat I'm pretty sure we may have come away with a win even!!

I haven't got BCFC world I'm afraid but it normally comes up on the main site what was said doesn't it? i haven't seen anything.

It did come up with text, i have world. but don't bother listening to the interviews.

How many times do you need to repeat yourself? I'm pretty sure you've said that about brooker and rotherham atleast 392837475 times now. And you're still wrong.

I DO NOT HAVE BCFC WORLD. WHAT IS NORMALLY SAID ON THERE USUALLY COMES UP ON THE MAIN SITE AFTER AND I CAN'T SEE IT AS YET????

YOU WATCH WHO YOU ARE CALLING A MORON AS WELL. THE CHEEK OF IT!!

Then why not, just as a suggestion, believe something when it's directly quoted by people (not one person) people who have and start a thread for the benefit of others.You can see the link on the Official Site so when someone, out of the goodness of their heart, tells other people what GJ said, it might be a good idea to listen/read and then pass comment.Not go straight into one.

Archived