IGNORED

The Brooker Dilema

Bristol Boy

It did come up with text, i have world. but don't bother listening to the interviews.

How many times do you need to repeat yourself? I'm pretty sure you've said that about brooker and rotherham atleast 392837475 times now. And you're still wrong.

Last interview with GJ on the 12th is this the one???? Weird how it hasan't appeared what was said on the main site I'm not paying for BCFC World.

I'm not wrong re Rotherham either. I'm right!!!

I DO NOT HAVE BCFC WORLD. WHAT IS NORMALLY SAID ON THERE USUALLY COMES UP ON THE MAIN SITE AFTER AND I CAN'T SEE IT AS YET????

YOU WATCH WHO YOU ARE CALLING A MORON AS WELL. THE CHEEK OF IT!!

And as i just said, it was said in text. Either you are blind, or just so besotted with Mr brooker that it can't be true and you chose to ignore it.

Do you even read peoples posts properly? or do you read the first few lines and just reply out of rage that they arent agreeing with you?

And as i just said, it was said in text. Either you are blind, or just so besotted with Mr brooker that it can't be true and you chose to ignore it.

Do you even read peoples posts properly? or do you read the first few lines and just reply out of rage that they arent agreeing with you?

What text? Where???? I wouldn't ignore important information like that. I read people's comments in full true some of them are unbelievable which is why i joined this forum in the first place as i couldn't believe some of what i was seeing.

What text? Where???? I wouldn't ignore important information like that. I read people's comments in full true some of them are unbelievable which is why i joined this forum in the first place as i couldn't believe some of what i was seeing.

And i, nor would others, lie about it. Several people have mentioned he has a thigh strain, which he does. And i couldnt care less if you like this or not, but he needs RESERVE team football to get his fitness, and match sharpness back.

And i, nor would others, lie about it. Several people have mentioned he has a thigh strain, which he does. And i couldnt care less if you like this or not, but he needs RESERVE team football to get his fitness, and match sharpness back.

Reserve team football would prob mean that he would pick up another unecessary injury!!! Reserve team football is the last thing he needs.

Reserve team football would prob mean that he would pick up another unecessary injury!!! Reserve team football is the last thing he needs.

:rofl2br:

Yeah so let's chuck him into the first team with no preparation - he won't get injured there.

Honestly.

It's quite simple.

He should be rested until he's RECOVERED.

Then he should play some reserve football if it's available, to get somewhat sharp.

Then, and only then, should he play for the first team otherwise we'll be back to square one and he'll be out for another god knows how many games.

Your approach has been tried all season long and it's failed miserably. It's time to do things properly.

Yes BB i do understand thank you. So GJ has told you Steve is injured has he?

Strangely enough, you're wrong.He didn't.

There are other ways that one can pick up these fascinating titbits of information and, although radical and different, I am prepared to contribute to your education.Whilst you may well be none the wiser, you will however, be a great deal better informed.

I watched an interview on Bristol City World with Gary Johnson & Richard Latham in which they discussed injuries.Gary mentioned that Carey (Ankle) JMW (Slight Groin Strain) and LJ (Calf) were all injured and couldn't play at Rotherham.Carey is very doubtful for the Millwall game and I know you won't worry about that on the basis that he's not Steve Brooker.

I already knew they were injured because I'd read it on the website and saw them at Rotherham, but this was a usefull update.

LJ may be out for three weeks if the injury is like a previous one (Source Bristol EP Website)and we'll know Thurs/Friday.

Scott Brown hasn't broken his leg and may be available in days as opposed to weeks (Source Bristol EP) although GJ has his doubts on this prognosis according to the EP Website.

Brooker has a thigh strain and it's the very same one that prevented him from starting games since Swansea.

I hope this clarifies the matter and look forward to being of further assistance......always on the basis that you're prepared to take any notice, read the posts properly, understand and listen.

And picking up a unecessary injury in a first team game is what he needs? where the players are more physical? Could you contradict yourself anymore?

Right ok fine lets get him in the reserves so he can pick up another injury and be out for longer. He seemed fine for the time he was on against Carlisle and Rotherham i think it was a bit too long at Swansea for first game back. But i really don't think he should play in the reserves thats just being stupid!

:rofl2br:

Yeah so let's chuck him into the first team with no preparation - he won't get injured there.

Honestly.

It's quite simple.

He should be rested until he's RECOVERED.

Then he should play some reserve football if it's available, to get somewhat sharp.

Then, and only then, should he play for the first team otherwise we'll be back to square one and he'll be out for another god knows how many games.

Your approach has been tried all season long and it's failed miserably. It's time to do things properly.

He played in the reserves behind closed doors at Leicester came through it ok. Prob played a bit too long at Swansea. But seemed ok in his two sub appearances last week. I really do not think he needs reserve football that would be silly and would be going backwards.

Right ok fine lets get him in the reserves so he can pick up another injury and be out for longer. He seemed fine for the time he was on against Carlisle and Rotherham i think it was a bit too long at Swansea for first game back. But i really don't think he should play in the reserves thats just being stupid!

His first game at swansea was to soon? really? Wasn't you the one saying that he was fit enough to be selected vs swansea, and he should deffo start? Atleast you admitted to your mistake this time.

His first game at swansea was to soon? really? Wasn't you the one saying that he was fit enough to be selected vs swansea, and he should deffo start? Atleast you admitted to your mistake this time.

I never said he should have started at Swansea. I thought he was going to be on the bench!!!! GJ chose to start him which surprised Steve himself. I think he played a bit too long at Swansea. How he has been on the bench for the past two games has been sensible but depending on this thigh strain of course i would like to see him start on Sat.

I never said he should have started at Swansea. I thought he was going to be on the bench!!!! GJ chose to start him which surprised Steve himself. I think he played a bit too long at Swansea. How he has been on the bench for the past two games has been sensible but depending on this thigh strain of course i would like to see him start on Sat.

I wouldnt, he isnt fully match fit yet, and would be pointless starting him incase he picks up another injury, and judging by his season thus far that's more than likely.

So you've now countered your own argument.

He was fine against Carlisle & Rotherham because, as I have suggested, he can probably play 25/30 minutes without a significant reaction or causing further damage.He didn't have the Thigh Injury at Swansea, however, I would agree that he played to long by about 20 mintes in that game.If he's going to break down he'll do it in the Reserves or the First team.The point is that it matters more in the first team and could drop us in it.On this one the medical team & GJ are the best people to decide.

So you've now countered your own argument.

He was fine against Carlisle & Rotherham because, as I have suggested, he can probably play 25/30 minutes without a significant reaction or causing further damage.He didn't have the Thigh Injury at Swansea, however, I would agree that he played to long by about 20 mintes in that game.If he's going to break down he'll do it in the Reserves or the First team.The point is that it matters more in the first team and could drop us in it.On this one the medical team & GJ are the best people to decide.

I'm sure if there was a risk of that GJ wouldn't even put him on the bench. Steve has said his knee feels solid now so the problem is more than likely just this niggling thigh injury. If he is fit and feels confident enough that he is fit then i think GJ will include him but if not then he won't its as simple as that.

I'm sure if there was a risk of that GJ wouldn't even put him on the bench. Steve has said his knee feels solid now so the problem is more than likely just this niggling thigh injury. If he is fit and feels confident enough that he is fit then i think GJ will include him but if not then he won't its as simple as that.

GJ has put him on the bench whilst he's still injured before more than once both this season and last. This time he should learn the lesson and let Brooker recover fully.

our record is slightly better than a point a game, however, with Jevons not prolific, particularly when you remove the pens, in the League and ES not scoring away from AG, our record is P11 F11 A11.

Two things BB;

1. I take it you are not including the JPT trophy then, despite the quality of the opposition?
  2. Do you consider that posting in bold increases you chances of retaining "poster of the year" ? If so I might try it myself! :rolleyes:

I know lets just sell him, and it would stop all this nonsense, week in and week out, getting fed up with it all now, lets just change the record, mind you, who in their right mind would buy him, what with his record of injuries, fighting, jail etc

There's a big difference between fit physically, and match fit. Seeing as he hasnt played for 2 months i'm pretty certain he isn't match fit, which is why he needs to play some reserve games to get his match fitness back.

I prefer Brooks uptop with Jevo with Enoch outwide this seems to work. I don't think having two big target men upfront together will work.

At the moment,

I prefer Enoch up top with Jevo.

I don't think having two big target men upfront together will work.

Id have to disagree here.

The fact that Brooker had Bas (Whatever your opinion of Savage is) to play alongside last season did us the world of good. Took the pressure off Brooker no end.

It will be even better alongside Enoch.

Two things BB;
  1. I take it you are not including the JPT trophy then, despite the quality of the opposition?
  2. Do you consider that posting in bold increases you chances of retaining "poster of the year" ? If so I might try it myself! :rolleyes:

Three replies

1.I wouldn't include the JPT form or goals as an assesment of our/a players, league form, no.I do that on the basis that it's a cup competition.In the same way I haven't included The Carling or FA Cups.

2.I REPLY in bold to distinguish my replies from the original post and have done for ages.

3.It's always nice to get awards but I wouldn't think posting in bold, red, pink would have any bearing at all, so be my guest.That decision is other peoples and not mine.To be honest, I still haven't got the cheque for the last lot!!

There's a big difference between fit physically, and match fit. Seeing as he hasnt played for 2 months i'm pretty certain he isn't match fit, which is why he needs to play some reserve games to get his match fitness back.

He did play in the reserves at Leicester and came through it fine which was why he was included at Swansea. I don't think we should risk him in the reserves.

At the moment,

I prefer Enoch up top with Jevo.

Id have to disagree here.

The fact that Brooker had Bas (Whatever your opinion of Savage is) to play alongside last season did us the world of good. Took the pressure off Brooker no end.

It will be even better alongside Enoch.

Fair enough but Enoch can't hold that ball up for Jevo like Brooks does but he is pacy which is why i think he is good outwide.

Archived