IGNORED

We Need Your Support Now

cider head

Fair question and I read your post too, must let it be known the festive season has been a little nuts..

..personaly though.. we firstly have one group with energy, drive, (potentially) political influence, genuine motives etc etc imo, and the other who have hoodwinked The People out of a hell of a lot of money, a Chairmam elected who does not seem to have any effin' regard for The people - not only that but seems to delight in baiting them - and generally one that sits down doin' bugger little... basically one of no meaning to me personally or to The Club.. an I just can not be assed with it.....''useless/pointless'' are the words/sentiments communicated....

..that is what I reckon anyhow...

A big political pawn for the ST would be The East End....a bit confused why you lot have't realised this yourselves..

OK. I'm not 100% sure you've answered my question (though I do miss the obvious sometimes!). You've described the SC in your opinion but I'm still unclear as to why you think the two should merge. Is it for the increased membership?

As for the East End....

This may sound like a hand washing line on my part but the best person to approach on this one is the Fan's Rep Nick (tompo). As a fan, I'm also in favour of the EE being open to home fans. Ashton Gate is a much better place when the stadium is rocking with noise. To my understanding, a lot of the hard work has been done by people such as cider head and North Street (I'm sure that there are many others involved too). I understand that Nick will be dealing with the hand over of the petition and, as we have a place at the table in Board meetings, we are able to discuss the EE with a hefty 3000+ signed petition. Maybe the ST hasn't done everything you would have liked them to do from the outset but they will help represent fans where possible.

As previously mentioned, now that we have our survey results, we will be studying this and acting on some of the issues raised.

Also, I know I've mentioned this before and you may get tired of hearing it but believe me when I say that the ST is desperately short of willing volunteers to help keep the cogs turning. Dividing our time & attention can be very difficult sometimes as we are extremely stretched at the best of times. Whilst our membership grows at a steady rate, the actual number of 'active' members is still low. The Ashton Gate Eight event is taking up a lot of time at the moment and, whilst I personally feel that this is something the Club should be organising & funding on its own, the bottom line is that it isn't and the ST didn't want to see such an occasion go by the wayside.

Thanks for posting Tim.

OK. I'm not 100% sure you've answered my question (though I do miss the obvious sometimes!). You've described the SC in your opinion but I'm still unclear as to why you think the two should merge. Is it for the increased membership?

As for the East End....

This may sound like a hand washing line on my part but the best person to approach on this one is the Fan's Rep Nick (tompo). As a fan, I'm also in favour of the EE being open to home fans. Ashton Gate is a much better place when the stadium is rocking with noise. To my understanding, a lot of the hard work has been done by people such as cider head and North Street (I'm sure that there are many others involved too). I understand that Nick will be dealing with the hand over of the petition and, as we have a place at the table in Board meetings, we are able to discuss the EE with a hefty 3000+ signed petition. Maybe the ST hasn't done everything you would have liked them to do from the outset but they will help represent fans where possible.

As previously mentioned, now that we have our survey results, we will be studying this and acting on some of the issues raised.

Also, I know I've mentioned this before and you may get tired of hearing it but believe me when I say that the ST is desperately short of willing volunteers to help keep the cogs turning. Dividing our time & attention can be very difficult sometimes as we are extremely stretched at the best of times. Whilst our membership grows at a steady rate, the actual number of 'active' members is still low. The Ashton Gate Eight event is taking up a lot of time at the moment and, whilst I personally feel that this is something the Club should be organising & funding on its own, the bottom line is that it isn't and the ST didn't want to see such an occasion go by the wayside.

Thanks for posting Tim.

I'll PM you the number, pissed, opinionated and sat behind a computer screen is all I've really become...not happy with it...

To put a slightly more concrete answer to the question though...I just go with instinct mate.. yes, basically, those 4000 five pound notes would be better focussed with the trust...

..dunno....I'll have to think about it..

Archived