IGNORED

We Need Your Support Now

cider head

Request From WhistleHappys neighbours...

Dear BCFC,

Please, please PLEASE! Open The EAST END again.....

... Almost every Saturday that bloke next-door listens to the football on the radio, he's always Hollering, Shouting, Singing, Swearing & Cheering making more racket than the joy-riders.

When we complain he says its all your fault if only you'd open the East End he'd make all his noise down Ashton Gate again like he used to.

Well one way or another we want some peace & quiet so either me, Mavis & Mabel will have to come down there to do our knitting in peace or you Open The EAST END & W/H can go make all his noise with all the other lads.. which is what he wants, his mates wants, G J wants & most of all me Mavis & Mabel wants.

Yours Truly

M&M ............. oh & M

Just wondered, why don't you go to AG?

So let me get this straight. There was a brilliant atmosphere, noise, singing, chanting and banter without the East End open? From some of the posts on this forum over the past few months you'd think it wasn't possible.

Actually, that comment is a bit tell tale, or rather, tells a tale........ :ermm: OK I'll just get on with it!

If GJ really thinks that atmosphere was great and this isn't another one of those attempts to put bums on seats and ingratiate, it really shows how quiet AG has become of late.

The atmosphere was OK, but nothing like it used to be even 2/3 seasons ago.

Compared to 15/20 years ago :(

I am quite happy sitting in the Dolman at the mo and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, but do feel that the East End is wasted at present.

OK, so if the club don't want it open to fans on a regular basis-apart from school outings- fair enough, but what happens when these 15 000+ crowds start appearing, will the club turn paying customers away rather than open the Red side of the East End?.

Perhaps we could seek the advice of Swinetown, who's idea of segregation appears to be an invisible barrier only 2 inches wide!. Old Park End and East End measures- and todays- are far better, and easily implemented.

As much as I appreciate the views of the club, our club, I feel that to ignore the fans and the potential positives that the re-opening of the East End could well bring, might have an adverse effect on team performance, linked directly to our chances of promotion.

At the least a trial run should take place, if City fans cause problems then all is lost. But to see, week after week, 400+ away fans make an audible impact greater than the rest of Ashton Gate is laughable. This is our home and as such should be welcoming to the opposition-most of them- but put them in no doubt that they are away from home and in a very vocal and supportive territory. The 'banter' between close but safely segregated and policed rival fans will only add to the atmosphere and encourage other sections of 'The Gate' to support and encourage each other and our men on the field of play.

Up The City

Here, Here.

I just hope that when it is opened, it is used at least.And it is vocal if not 100% full......well, until next season

How about a continuous 'Open The East End' Chant from the G Boys, reminiscent of the good old 'Bring On The Dustbin' chant.

Or for younger supporters 'What's that empty part of the ground, it's the East End, it's the East End'.

What that empty part o' the ground "It's The Premier Club"........."It's the corporate beige bit"

OR

Who's that comin' out with an excuse?".......It's Colin Sexstone, It's Colin Sexstone"

Yet another EE activist dismissing the valid and reasonable view of another City supporter.......... :sleeping:

You EE guys really don't do yourselves any favoures..... :noexpression:

or another anti EE activist dismissing the valid & reasonable views of over 3000 other City supporters & highlighting ONE dissenters view.

You SC chairmen really don't do yourselves any favours - or your members come to that! how many of them signed the petition?.. gotta be more than a handful out of 3000 odd.. don't you think?

Yet another EE activist dismissing the valid and reasonable view of another City supporter.......... :sleeping:

And neither do you mate, you can't seem to make your mind up on this issue can you???

I think you know what I mean

So let me get this straight. There was a brilliant atmosphere, noise, singing, chanting and banter without the East End open? From some of the posts on this forum over the past few months you'd think it wasn't possible.

Robbored's spin ally speaks.

That was GJ speaking, not a true long-standing dyed-in-the-wool City fan.

The atmosphere against Millwall was ok compared to most games. Which shows how dire it is compared to not so long ago.

Read this:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71196

If you want to watch football in padded seats with a complimentary programme and tea & biscuits at half-time, great, but don't denigrate the majority that want AG restored to its former self.

So speaks the man "who has no view one way or another on the EE". So why, RR, do you keep sticking your nose in?

And what is wrong with what WTFIGO said? Yet another example of RR trying to discredit the EE supporters with no justification whatsoever.

Sorry, but I think you are...........

.............. chairman of the Supporters Club.

or another anti EE activist dismissing the valid & reasonable views of over 3000 other City supporters & highlighting ONE dissenters view.

You SC chairmen really don't do yourselves any favours - or your members come to that! how many of them signed the petition?.. gotta be more than a handful out of 3000 odd.. don't you think?

Yes, but it wasnt 2,500 approaching RR personally.

That, as he has said, are the only circumstances under which he would take his members views to the board. :clapping:

Despite the fact that, under those unlikely circumstances, the SC is a "non-political" organisation.

And despite the fact that RR attends board meetings but is neither able to represent the views of his members because the SC is "non-political" and is not able to report back to his members for reasons of "confidentiality".

Which, as has been asked before, and which RR steadfastly refuses to answer, begs the question as to what the purpose is of RR attending said meetings.

Holes and Titanic spring to mind, I wouldnt mind playing RR for a few quid in a debating society.

Yes, but it wasnt 2,500 approaching RR personally.

That, as he has said, are the only circumstances under which he would take his members views to the board. :clapping:

Despite the fact that, under those unlikely circumstances, the SC is a "non-political" organisation.

And despite the fact that RR attends board meetings but is neither able to represent the views of his members because the SC is "non-political" and is not able to report back to his members for reasons of "confidentiality".

Which, as has been asked before, and which RR steadfastly refuses to answer, begs the question as to what the purpose is of RR attending said meetings.

Holes and Titanic spring to mind, I wouldnt mind playing RR for a few quid in a debating society.

spot on.

is he really going to upset someone who has given him a nice new sc club with plasma screens etc?

errrrrrr no. there is your link to go against the ee supporters who moan at mr lansdown,

or anyone who shows a slight moan at mr lansdown

it's called not biting the hand that feeds you,

fair enough but at least we know where he is coming from and it's a trend that has

gone on with a few posters on here for a long time.

At least he has some views :disapointed2se: and don't forget the gals;

Yet another EE activist* dismissing the valid and reasonable view of another City supporter.......... :sleeping:

I take it your preferred method for breath freshener is Fisherman's friends, find them a bit strong myself, can just about cope with XXXX mints or I go for some non-aspatame containing gum, anyway, onto business...

When you consider the following quote...

i've come to learn from certain itk people that a chosen few,

no matter if they agree with the topic are put up to go against the grain of things

in certain threads and go pro club no matter what the mass feeling is..........like minded people want to get in a section

away from the pc crew and i guess the feeling is mutual........anyone who can't see this is posting on the clubs behalf

for sure or just blatent forum fishers.

...and then consider this latest RedTop effort.....

The message is surely that atmosphere has nothing to do with whether a few hundred home fans are rattling around in the East End. It's a red herring, and it's a shame because as I said in another thread, it's focusing people's energy and attention on a largely irrelevant sideshow.

... a debate that has been done to death, the 'few hundred home fans rattling around in the East End' certainly had quite a bit more to do with the atmosphere according to the Chesterfield fans on that night, where you yourself commented on the impressive impact than what RedTop is giving credit, but that's not the point, that would be me biting the bait. The point is that imo cider head's contribution has a lot of credence, especially in light of RedTop's follow up quote, thus leaving my reasoning for stating ''Sod RedTop'' really quite reasonable, wouldn't you agree? I think the biggest Red Herring here is infact RedTop.

*Incidentally, I would not give myself the title 'East End Activest', an 'East End Activest's avid (mainly) on-line supporter' maybe..

Anyway, it's been a hard day's night but it is through, I shall now enjoy my leisure time by continuing the developing Christmas spirit by enjoying 'The Muppets Christmas Carol' maybe The 'Men Behaving Badly Christmas Special' where I shall laugh my ass off...

Toodle pip.

spot on.

is he really going to upset someone who has given him a nice new sc club with plasma screens etc?

errrrrrr no. there is your link to go against the ee supporters who moan at mr lansdown,

or anyone who shows a slight moan at mr lansdown

it's called not biting the hand that feeds you,

fair enough but at least we know where he is coming from and it's a trend that has

gone on with a few posters on here for a long time.

I refer to one of my earlier posts -

Some have a very rigid and one-dimensional attitude which is also combative, hostile and desperately unhelpfull.They personally attack anyone who might not agree with them or who does not openly support them.In other words they seem to think that if you are not pro the EE then you are against it.They are unable to hear anyone who may express a balanced view and I'm sure that many fans don't post their views regarding the EE for fear of these biggoted personal attacks.I'm sure you will appreciate that by far the most vocal on this forum are those in favour of opening the EE.Those that either don't care or are against it rarely comment.

I rest my case...

Some have a very rigid and one-dimensional attitude which is also combative, hostile and desperately unhelpfull.They personally attack anyone who might not agree with them or who does not openly support them.In other words they seem to think that if you are not pro the EE then you are against it.They are unable to hear anyone who may express a balanced view and I'm sure that many fans don't post their views regarding the EE for fear of these biggoted personal attacks.I'm sure you will appreciate that by far the most vocal on this forum are those in favour of opening the EE.Those that either don't care or are against it rarely comment.

I rest my case...

There aren't any personal attacks in ciderheads post.

There's nothing combative or hostile about it - it's a statement of how you are perceived by MANY city fans.

The only unhelpful thing is the stance you've taken - that you will do nothing useful whatsoever.

Are you ever going to have the balls to answer the question: What is the purpose of you having a seat on the board when you can't represent SC members because that would apparently be abusing them, and you claim you can't communicate back to them because of confidentiality?

To keep up with this charade that everyone who thinks your position is laughable is a bigotted one issue activist is absolutely ludicrous, but I guess it gives you an excuse to not bite the hand eh?

There aren't any personal attacks in ciderheads post.

There's nothing combative or hostile about it - it's a statement of how you are perceived by MANY city fans.

The only unhelpful thing is the stance you've taken - that you will do nothing useful whatsoever.

Are you ever going to have the balls to answer the question: What is the purpose of you having a seat on the board when you can't represent SC members because that would apparently be abusing them, and you claim you can't communicate back to them because of confidentiality?

To keep up with this charade that everyone who thinks your position is laughable is a bigotted one issue activist is absolutely ludicrous, but I guess it gives you an excuse to not bite the hand eh?

Everytime! :rofl2br: Come on, lighten up! its the festive season!!!! :xmas:

Everytime! :rofl2br: Come on, lighten up! its the festive season!!!! :xmas:

Ha! Well there you have it!

RR's numerous posts in support of the board's anti-EE position - sorry, just stating their view on their behalf - is just a wind up!

Well for someone who couldnt care less about the EE, that would be just about the only logical explanation.

To quote RR:

Those that either don't care or are against it rarely comment.

Well done RR, the jokes on all of us - you really had us all there!!

Merry Christmas!!!

By the way, if you could just answer the question........

I rest my case...

& don't you just love it RR?... some people just want to argue for arguements sake -go against the grain for the hell of it (being a master of this yourself you know exactly what I mean).. forever posting deliberately provoking comments so that when finally you get the desired inevitable responses, you then use those replies given from people frustrated by your tactics to use as examples not only against them but the whole original concept.

You are fully aware that the debate on the EE issue has been open to comments from both points of view, indeed the majority of arguments put forward by the anti-EE 'lobby' has only strengthened the case for it opening -with each reason why the EE should not be opened being successfully countered via perfectly reasoned arguement of why it should.

The 'personal' attacks (your words not mine) have come about purely from the frustration that the anti EE lobby while fighting a losing battle (at least from a valid reason point of view) have resorted to deliberately engineering within the pro EE supporters, you nit-pick away without good reason then attempt to appear to take the moral high-ground when the occaisional frustrated reply comes back at you.

I personally would like to see the EE opened again for home supporters, (as would upwards of 3000 others).. I'm also like many here happy to listen to views from both sides..& happy to concede points against my view if & when they are made.. however stepping back & looking at the debate from a balanced point of view - taking in arguments for & against its impossible to say that the balance does not weigh far heavier in favour of opening the EE than against.

Thats not just based on weight of numbers -its based on valid points made.

(oh & why would anyone be in fear of raising a point that they feel strongly about if they also believe it to be valid, when they are safely sat at a pc keyboard? ... -if anyone makes an honest & good point against the EE opening I'm sure that their point would be recognised & view 'noted'. Views will & have been debated openly, -it wouldnt be a debate by definition otherwise would it?.. 'personal abuse' is not directed at people because they happen to have a contrary point to make ..it come from the engineered frustration that some people decide to create because they are fighting a losing battle... & because their points have been discussed & found to be less valid than the opposing view)

I cant fathom RR why as an individual or as a representative of others that you remain so determined to undermine this issue in the face of sheer numbers of supporters (many undoubtedly members of the SC that you are meant to represent) that obviously feel different to you -& have given such good & reasoned comments, not only via a petition of names but in a comprehensive statement outlining all the issues too)...

And Why Would Anyone Be So Against At Least Trying Something That May Very Well Help The Ultimate Aim Of Getting BCFC Promoted?...(no other good suggestions have been forthcoming afterall, I believe if it aint broke-don't fix it.. but something is broke so whats the harm in having a go at mending it?)

Thats it from me, I've no intention of 'slagging off' anyone who disagrees with my comments here, or of 'hugging' anyone who agrees with me either.. Ive declared my view that I hope the Club will take a fair & honest approach to considering the merits of opening the EE, & that they will do everything possible to respect the wishes of a considerable numbers of its supporters. Thats it Ive no more to say. thankyou.

And Why Would Anyone Be So Against At Least Trying Something That May Very Well Help The Ultimate Aim Of Getting BCFC Promoted?...(no other good suggestions have been forthcoming afterall, I believe if it aint broke-don't fix it.. but something is broke so whats the harm in having a go at mending it?)

I'm not against or for opening the EE.

What I'm against is the very rigid and one-dimensional attitude which is also combative, hostile and desperately unhelpfull adpoted by some EE actvists.

The 'bully boy approach' in other words.

I'm not against or for opening the EE.

What I'm against is the very rigid and one-dimensional attitude which is also combative, hostile and desperately unhelpfull adpoted by some EE actvists.

The 'bully boy approach' in other words.

Ahh, why don't you just shut yer mouth up before I smash yer bl**dy face in.. :) .. (erm joke mods!) :)

well at least your continual sitting on the fence, I'm not bothered either way, unbiased view, & posts supporting not opening the EE has kept the debate going and given the EE campaigners opportunities to reiterate their overwhelmingly valid reasons supporting fans views & the OPEN THE EAST END campaign.(phew, pause for breath.) Course I'm not bovvered either way meself, well do I look bovvered? I aint bovvered....I AINT BOVVERED OK?... :)

Happy Christmas to you anyway Mr RR, goodwill to all men this feastive season an all.. -even Chairs of Supporters Clubs !

Goodwill to all men and a very merry xmas to you..... :xmas:

I promise you I'm not winding you up, but, as I don't have a clue who you are, could you please just answer me one question, because I'm a little confused by all of this...

What is your input, and what do you actually achieve as chairman of the supporters club, please just tell me because I honestly didn't even know till now that you are the chairman, as I understand it (and please let me know if I'm wrong) you can't contribute to board meetings, or relay any information from said meeting back to us, (the Fans, which I believe are the backbone of this football club).

As far as I see it, it is absolutely pointless having you there, because if I'm correst, your input and output is Zero.

Please let me know, as I promise you I'm not winding you up.

By the way it's Christmas not xmas,

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Thanks.

It did occur to me soon after actually, but then our friend WhistleHappy did say he wanted more forum discussion so I've kept that chappy happy anyway. Sod RedTop for what it's worth.

I mean we're there and dusted now aren't we? The Club sees sense or I like WhistleHappy and glos boy to name just two who happen to frequent this forum am a g0NNa.

So much for "City 'Til I Die", then. :dunno:

More like "City 'til I can't get my way over which seat I can sit in, and throw my dolly out of the pram."

I can understand why you want the East End open, even though I think it's a waste of money. But how anyone can think the seat they sit in is actually more important than watching the game at all mystifies me. I'm buggered if I can understand it, especially after three and a half years where I lived abroad and could only fly back for a few matches. It makes me appreciate following City home and away, through good and bad. Regardless of what seat I'm in.

If whether you sit in the East End or not is really the difference between whether you want to watch City or not, then it's a bit weird really, isn't it? Hardly the actions of a diehard fan - which is what many of those actively organising the East End campaign paint themselves as.

I can understand why you want the East End open, even though I think it's a waste of money. But how anyone can think the seat they sit in is actually more important than watching the game at all mystifies me. I'm buggered if I can understand it,

It's easy watching the game and partaking in an enjoyable match experience are two different things. You can watch the "game" on TV if you like that sort of thing.

especially after three and a half years where I lived abroad and could only fly back for a few matches. It makes me appreciate following City home and away, through good and bad. Regardless of what seat I'm in. Good for you. That wraps up the dabate then, great.If whether you sit in the East End or not is really the difference between whether you want to watch City or not, then it's a bit weird really, isn't it? Hardly the actions of a diehard fan - which is what many of those actively organising the East End campaign paint themselves as. Que?

More like "City 'til I can't get my way over which seat I can sit in, and throw my dolly out of the pram."

I can understand why you want the East End open, even though I think it's a waste of money. But how anyone can think the seat they sit in is actually more important than watching the game at all mystifies me. I'm buggered if I can understand it, especially after three and a half years where I lived abroad and could only fly back for a few matches. It makes me appreciate following City home and away, through good and bad. Regardless of what seat I'm in.

If whether you sit in the East End or not is really the difference between whether you want to watch City or not, then it's a bit weird really, isn't it? Hardly the actions of a diehard fan - which is what many of those actively organising the East End campaign paint themselves as.

You really are a wind up champion;whether I watch home or away or follow every second on text of all games is bogger all to do with you; maybe when we are playing in blue and all sat in posh seats it may get a reaction from you.

Glad you are concerned though; and I am truly sorry I am not a diehard fan like you; then again thank god I`m not :disapointed2se:

You really are a wind up champion;whether I watch home or away or follow every second on text of all games is bogger all to do with you; maybe when we are playing in blue and all sat in posh seats it may get a reaction from you.

Glad you are concerned though; and I am truly sorry I am not a diehard fan like you; then again thank god I`m not :disapointed2se:

very rigid and one-dimensional attitude

They are unable to hear anyone who may express a balanced view

I rest my case - again.

Mr. Redherring, I've taken it as an insult if you seriously expect me to believe that an intelligent and educated man such as yourself does not already know the answers to your own probing. I'm now going to boycott all dialogue with you over this issue as I have grave doubts about your motives.

And don't try playing the 'loyalty card' on me, it doesn't wash - I'm a customer remember. Go find yourself another mug, there's plenty out there, that's a message Steve Lansdown should heed as well.

Merry Christmas and all that btw.

Archived