IGNORED

We Need Your Support Now

cider head

Who are the THEY?

THEY know who they are...... :cool:

Whats all this about EE activists?

Some of those that are very vocal on this forum about the EE whose opinion cannot be altered by logical arguement

Do they have long hair and acoustic guitars? Or is this just a case of reductivism.

Not the two or three that I've met in person but they might play the guitar as a hobby

'very rigid and one-dimensional attitude'

'They are unable to hear anyone who may express a balanced view'

'biggoted personal attacks'

I rest my case - again.

Chairman of the S.C I rest my case; god help them :disapointed2se:

This will be my last ever reply to your pain in the ars statements;

'very rigid and one-dimensional attitude'

'They are unable to hear anyone who may express a balanced view'

'biggoted personal attacks'

I rest my case - again.

Very easy to reply with statements like the above, but I have asked you a serious question, but once again you fail to reply to me,

I really would appreciate a reply on the first question I asked you, as I notice you have replied with the statement you posted above to several other posters, but chose to ignore mine , can I ask why?

I am not an East End fanatic, but I totally agree with the guys on here who want it open, what is the problem with some people on here with that?, it is our football club after all !!!!

Thats the best news I've heard all day..... :rofl2br:

Rob bored are you :tongue: why don't you go play on the subbers site :shocking:

Did I ever tell you not to believe 99% of whats written on here :rofl2br: no....... ? told a few; now why not go and do some minutes or fence sitting,? no? fishing then? pacific ocean is supposed to be good.

I got my eye on you, must join this club of yours :yes:

I refer to one of my earlier posts -

Some have a very rigid and one-dimensional attitude which is also combative, hostile and desperately unhelpfull.They personally attack anyone who might not agree with them or who does not openly support them.In other words they seem to think that if you are not pro the EE then you are against it.They are unable to hear anyone who may express a balanced view and I'm sure that many fans don't post their views regarding the EE for fear of these biggoted personal attacks.I'm sure you will appreciate that by far the most vocal on this forum are those in favour of opening the EE.Those that either don't care or are against it rarely comment.

I rest my case...

most of what you wrote there can apply to you fella' unhelpfull springs to mind.

but hey i know your game, happy fishing ;)

I have grave doubts about your motives.

Very simple. There's nothing behind my motives other than to express my personal opinion on this topic and try to balance the debate against those who see practically every subject on here as an argument in favour of opening the East End. :dunno: I'd say that the atmosphere against Millwall, which happened without the East End open, is a pretty overt and straightforward argument against this idea that only opening the East End will restore atmosphere.

If you view a wind-up merchant as someone who argued against opening up the East End, or expressing surprise that which stand you are allowed into makes the difference between whether you want to attend City games or not, then fine. But I think both are fair points to make.

I've argued on another thread that this East End debate is a red herring and the reduction of atmosphere - which I agree has happened, and which I also lament - is not due to this but other elements which are now lacking at games. I'm not going over the arguments again as the contributions to the thread were generally well argued and constructive, and anyone interested can search the topic and read it.

But to suggest I have some dark 'motive' as if there's some sort of conspiracy going on is pretty laughable really, and makes me wonder if you are RichieB in disguise! So if you do think I have some weird ulterior motive, then feel free to entertain me by telling me what it is. I think I've been pretty explicit about it.

Very simple. There's nothing behind my motives other than to express my personal opinion on this topic and try to balance the debate against those who see practically every subject on here as an argument in favour of opening the East End. :dunno: I'd say that the atmosphere against Millwall, which happened without the East End open, is a pretty overt and straightforward argument against this idea that only opening the East End will restore atmosphere.

If you view a wind-up merchant as someone who argued against opening up the East End, or expressing surprise that which stand you are allowed into makes the difference between whether you want to attend City games or not, then fine. But I think both are fair points to make.

I've argued on another thread that this East End debate is a red herring and the reduction of atmosphere - which I agree has happened, and which I also lament - is not due to this but other elements which are now lacking at games. I'm not going over the arguments again as the contributions to the thread were generally well argued and constructive, and anyone interested can search the topic and read it.

But to suggest I have some dark 'motive' as if there's some sort of conspiracy going on is pretty laughable really, and makes me wonder if you are RichieB in disguise! So if you do think I have some weird ulterior motive, then feel free to entertain me by telling me what it is. I think I've been pretty explicit about it.

deep root is not just the EASTEND it is allowing fans who want to create a atmosphere a chance to do so together in one area,

yes the millwall atmosphere was good but people had to buy tickets around season ticket holders and mates who don't go all the time

could not sit near each other, if we could get behined the goal; of the ateyo we would but can't as it's not possible becuse of

season ticket holders already there who don't share this singing attitude, we could ask the club to reserve the block behined the goal

but that would mean upsetting fans already there and we don't want to turf people out who are happy, we tried the williams e-block

but it's not big enough, we tried g-block dolman, too steep but upset season ticket holders there, the only option where everyone is

happy is the no mans land block in the EE.

parts of the ground were good vs millwall but it can be better if everyone got together

i feel sad that our only real go at singing EVERY game come rain or shine is the lads in the corner

of the atyeo and thats just it, push them in the corner out the way..

yeovil do it very well behined their goal becuse people go there with just that in mind

and those who don't sit in the stands.

deep root is not just the EASTEND it is allowing fans who want to create a atmosphere a chance to do so together in one area,

yes the millwall atmosphere was good but people had to buy tickets around season ticket holders and mates who don't go all the time

could not sit near each other, if we could get behined the goal; of the ateyo we would but can't as it's not possible becuse of

season ticket holders already there who don't share this singing attitude, we could ask the club to reserve the block behined the goal

but that would mean upsetting fans already there and we don't want to turf people out who are happy, we tried the williams e-block

but it's not big enough, we tried g-block dolman, too steep but upset season ticket holders there, the only option where everyone is

happy is the no mans land block in the EE.

Swansea generate cracking atmosphere despite all the same restrictions you mention above, as anyone who went to the game there will tell you if you didn't get the chance to sample it yourself. No unreserved area, high roofs, season ticket holders dispersed throughout the ground, seating preventing mates who don't go all the time from sitting together, no home fans in the same end as away supporters etc. So using these as an explanation doesn't really wash. :dunno:

yeovil do it very well behined their goal becuse people go there with just that in mind

and those who don't sit in the stands.

I couldn't agree less. The atmosphere at Yeovil was crap with barely a whimper from the home end for most of the game. Not just this year, but last year too. I was extremely disappointed on both occasions, given not just that it was a derby but that we now have so many close links, what with them being our nursery club and dumping ground for overpaid, over-the-hill strikers. Despite having everything you crave - a home end standing, with no reservations etc, Yeovil mustered very little in the way of atmosphere in what was surely the biggest game of the season for them (assuming they don't make the play-offs, which I don't think they will). Compare Yeovil to Swansea and it's a non-starter. Yes, there were obviously more people at Swansea, but the singing came from around the ground on all sides, precisely because the singers were interspersed with others who might not ordinarily sing because they would be self-conscious, but who were persuaded to join in because they found themselves in the middle of it all. Removing the singers and sticking them in one end would prevent this happening. It happens occasionally at Ashton Gate but not enough.

You've not presented a single reason here why opening the East End would create atmosphere. In fact, the examples you use actually tend towards the opposite argument!

'You've not presented a single reason here why opening the East End would create atmosphere. In fact, the examples you use actually tend towards the opposite argument! '

Thats exactly what I was saying when I wrote "'They are unable to hear anyone who may express a balanced view'"

I couldn't agree less. The atmosphere at Yeovil was crap with barely a whimper from the home end for most of the game. Not just this year, but last year too. I was extremely disappointed on both occasions, given not just that it was a derby but that we now have so many close links, what with them being our nursery club and dumping ground for overpaid, over-the-hill strikers. Despite having everything you crave - a home end standing, with no reservations etc, Yeovil mustered very little in the way of atmosphere in what was surely the biggest game of the season for them (assuming they don't make the play-offs, which I don't think they will). Compare Yeovil to Swansea and it's a non-starter. Yes, there were obviously more people at Swansea, but the singing came from around the ground on all sides, precisely because the singers were interspersed with others who might not ordinarily sing because they would be self-conscious, but who were persuaded to join in because they found themselves in the middle of it all. Removing the singers and sticking them in one end would prevent this happening. It happens occasionally at Ashton Gate but not enough.

You've not presented a single reason here why opening the East End would create atmosphere. In fact, the examples you use actually tend towards the opposite argument!

I can't believe your attempting to tell us that the westland terrace does not make any noise.

As for the east end creating atmosphere, what was that we had in there in 2003? Scotch mist?

Are you attempting to tell us that opening the east end would not contribute to improving the atmosphere?

3000 odd people would disagree with you on that one.

'You've not presented a single reason here why opening the East End would create atmosphere. In fact, the examples you use actually tend towards the opposite argument! '

Thats exactly what I was saying when I wrote "'They are unable to hear anyone who may express a balanced view'"

Will you answer my question ???????

Everytime! :rofl2br: Come on, lighten up! its the festive season!!!! :xmas:

The problem you have Mr Robinson is that you are categorically NOT funny. And in the position that you are in, it is not your job to be funny or try and wind up true City fans on the forum.

To be honest it's disgraceful, I am unfortunately a member of the SC by virtue of the fact that I wanted a drink at half time and to see the results come in on Sky Sports at HT.

And who is representing me? Some useless chairman who doesn't give a damn what I, any other SC members, or any other City fans think.

You have an extremely poor attitude to your position and I'm guessing you've never made it into any sort of senior position or management in your working career? That shows big time.

The SC definitely needs someone more dynamic and forward thinking to take over your role.

The problem you have Mr Robinson is that you are categorically NOT funny. And in the position that you are in, it is not your job to be funny or try and wind up true City fans on the forum.

To be honest it's disgraceful, I am unfortunately a member of the SC by virtue of the fact that I wanted a drink at half time and to see the results come in on Sky Sports at HT.

And who is representing me? Some useless chairman who doesn't give a damn what I, any other SC members, or any other City fans think.

You have an extremely poor attitude to your position and I'm guessing you've never made it into any sort of senior position or management in your working career? That shows big time.

The SC definitely needs someone more dynamic and forward thinking to take over your role.

Thankyou PhatWill, as a member of the SC ( for the same reasons as you by the way) I have asked "our" chairman a serious question, although he has made derogatory comments to others, and in doing so, must have read my question, he has refused to answer mine.

very well said PW, his role on the SC is an utter farce, as RedTillDead said many time, when will he actually answer his question? one I've personally put to him myself a while back, that he also just ignored until I gave up asking.

interesting thing is......is there actually anything anyone on the Supporters Club can do take over the running? or now he is in power it's a closed shop and he stays put until he is willing to step down?

I'd imagine it is the later

I can't believe your attempting to tell us that the westland terrace does not make any noise.

Come off it! If you are seriously telling me there was a decent atmosphere at then you either have very low standards or your memory is playing tricks. The atmosphere at Yeovil was poor, especially considering was was supposedly a local derby with GJ, PJ, LJ and CW back on their old stomping ground and MS helping them to their best ever league position, and I've yet to meet anyone who thought it was a decent atmosphere. On both occasions the away match at Huish has been distinctly lacklustre because of the lack of noise created by either party (and don't forget we were in unreserved terracing that day, too.)

As I say, if that's the best argument you can come up with then when you compare it to the noise and banter at all-seater Swansea, or the Millwall match at AG for that matter, then I'd say it was a pretty decent argument against wasting money opening the East End, not for it.

Come off it! If you are seriously telling me there was a decent atmosphere at then you either have very low standards or your memory is playing tricks. The atmosphere at Yeovil was poor, especially considering was was supposedly a local derby with GJ, PJ, LJ and CW back on their old stomping ground and MS helping them to their best ever league position, and I've yet to meet anyone who thought it was a decent atmosphere. On both occasions the away match at Huish has been distinctly lacklustre because of the lack of noise created by either party (and don't forget we were in unreserved terracing that day, too.)

As I say, if that's the best argument you can come up with then when you compare it to the noise and banter at all-seater Swansea, or the Millwall match at AG for that matter, then I'd say it was a pretty decent argument against wasting money opening the East End, not for it.

I'm sorry, you were in an uncovered terrace with the wind whistling around you or were you in the westland terrace?

The benefit of atmosphere is for the players and to the enjoyment of those that want to make it. Many other fans who do not contribute to making a noise also appreciate it. It is not intended for away fans per se, unless of a banter type nature.

On both occassions yeovil attacked towards the westland terrace in the latter half. I suppose the level of noise coming from the westland terrace had no bearing on their performance.

I have stood on this terrace several times (when city were not playing) and rather enjoyed the atmosphere.

As for your last paragraph, linking the east end and yeovil's ground is an arguement you seem to have constructed. the atmosphere on sat was ok for about 20 minutes at the start. Most of the noise during the game came from people (myself included) whom you would no doubt label EE activists or some other nonsense.

All we are asking for is our old stand back in order to make a positive difference on the fortunes of our club and improve the matchday experience for all.

Swansea generate cracking atmosphere despite all the same restrictions you mention above, as anyone who went to the game there will tell you if you didn't get the chance to sample it yourself. No unreserved area, high roofs, season ticket holders dispersed throughout the ground, seating preventing mates who don't go all the time from sitting together, no home fans in the same end as away supporters etc. So using these as an explanation doesn't really wash. :dunno:

Swansea generate cracking atmosphere ! mabe becuse all the city fans were together in one area

and i was there, in the home end that day.

the trusts survey report clearly shows fans believe that having

the East End open improves the atmosphere

and that 3220 names can't all be so far off the mark.

oh while we are at it i suppose you could ask the website below

if they can re-write their report on ashton gate, note the wedlock stand comments

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/park/yfh45/bristolc.htm

Very simple. There's nothing behind my motives other than to express my personal opinion

Hmm, well I'll have to take your word for it. You just seem suspiciously strongly anti the re-opening of the East End that's all.

Swansea generate cracking atmosphere despite all the same restrictions you mention above, as anyone who went to the game there will tell you if you didn't get the chance to sample it yourself. No unreserved area, high roofs, season ticket holders dispersed throughout the ground, seating preventing mates who don't go all the time from sitting together, no home fans in the same end as away supporters etc.

Problem is: Bristol City don't.

I couldn't agree less. The atmosphere at Yeovil was crap with barely a whimper from the home end for most of the game. Not just this year, but last year too. I was extremely disappointed on both occasions, given not just that it was a derby but that we now have so many close links, what with them being our nursery club and dumping ground for overpaid, over-the-hill strikers. Despite having everything you crave - a home end standing, with no reservations etc, Yeovil mustered very little in the way of atmosphere in what was surely the biggest game of the season for them (assuming they don't make the play-offs, which I don't think they will).

We're going to have to agree to disagree I'm afraid and this is genuine, not just because it counters my position. For modern day standards I was genuinely impressed by the noise made by Yeovil on our last visit there.

Compare Yeovil to Swansea and it's a non-starter. Yes, there were obviously more people at Swansea, but the singing came from around the ground on all sides, precisely because the singers were interspersed with others who might not ordinarily sing because they would be self-conscious, but who were persuaded to join in because they found themselves in the middle of it all. Removing the singers and sticking them in one end would prevent this happening. It happens occasionally at Ashton Gate but not enough.

I think City currently have a dissproportionately high number of non-vocal, family day out, pc, prawn sandwich type fan so generating atmosphere is not a priorety and is going to lose until a magnet draws the few remaining like minded fun-lovin' craic-orientated folk together where we can be left to get on with it.

You've not presented a single reason......why opening the East End would create atmosphere.

The proof was in the pudding during the last trial where there was a unanimous agreement that it did infact improve the atmosphere imensely, it certainly improved the matchday experiance for 800+ folk no end.

ps/I'm still slightly prang that you're just deliberately provoking responses btw.

Very perceptive this line I've isolated, will be interested to hear the outcome of the prediction, bang on though mate, the rest of it. My brother who no longer posts but still keeps an eye on here was saying just the other day that he cannot believe how Robbored is in his role, he has such constant scrutiny and deals with it so badly.

bh_red - I think there are annual elections, May time maybe?

Cider Head and North Street for joint chairmanship says I, better still - merge it with the Trust - surely an inevitable progression sooner or later.

Ignoring 3000 odd fans wishes would be a mistake; surely keeping these fans onside and not fed up with the way things are would be good in what could be an important season :dunno:

The day for demolition may or may not be close then maybe we can have our home end back for good. If of course the home fans are thought of, with a unreserved area behind the goal.

And what exactly do you do for your BCFC? do you give up 15 hours a week of your free time on a voluntary basis? Do you spend your matchdays sorting out various members problems and making every effort to make their matchday experience more enjoyable?

No? well why do you feel thats its ok to slag off those that do?

If you feel that you that you could do a better job and be more 'dynamic' then stand for election at the next AGM - assuming that you have been a SC member for at least two years(its in the rules)

Fundamentallly I think you misunderstand the role of the SC.

And what exactly do you do for your BCFC? do you give up 15 hours a week of your free time on a voluntary basis? Do you spend your matchdays sorting out various members problems and making every effort to make their matchday experience more enjoyable?

No? well why do you feel thats its ok to slag off those that do?

If you feel that you that you could do a better job and be more 'dynamic' then stand for election at the next AGM - assuming that you have been a SC member for at least two years(its in the rules)

Fundamentallly I think you misunderstand the role of the SC.

Without wishing to devalue the work you do RR, could you tell me how your 15 hours per week benefits me, or any of the other SC member posters who have been challenging you?

At one time I do know the Supporters Club raised not insignificant sums for the club, but I am not so sure that is the case any more. Fans drinking in the Dolman on match days doesnt contribute, because that would happen anyway.

It seems to me that, as the SC is, as you yourself say, merely a drinking club, it is difficult to see what it does to justify 15 hours of your time plus, presumably, the other committee members, that is going to have a direct benefit to the club or its members.

Also, do you think you could answer THE other question?

You know the one...........

Without wishing to devalue the work you do RR, could you tell me how your 15 hours per week benefits me, or any of the other SC member posters who have been challenging you?

At one time I do know the Supporters Club raised not insignificant sums for the club, but I am not so sure that is the case any more. Fans drinking in the Dolman on match days doesnt contribute, because that would happen anyway.

It seems to me that, as the SC is, as you yourself say, merely a drinking club, it is difficult to see what it does to justify 15 hours of your time plus, presumably, the other committee members, that is going to have a direct benefit to the club or its members.

Also, do you think you could answer THE other question?

You know the one...........

You could always stand for election.You know how to change things if you are disatisfied with the way things are.I would happily stand down if a better man was elected in my place by the membership.The AGM is in April/May date tba.

You could always stand for election.You know how to change things if you are disatisfied with the way things are.I would happily stand down if a better man was elected in my place by the membership.The AGM is in April/May date tba.

I will not go away RR, I asked you a serious question YESTERDAY, and this morning although choosing to reply to other posters you still ignore me, Why???.

In my opinion it is a legitimate question to ask, I am a member of the SC, I pay my 'fee', and yet, since I found out you are the said Chairman, you fail to respond to one of your members questions, so again, what is it that you actually achieve as Chairman of the supporters club?, as I stated yesterday I didn't even realise you were the Chairman, so in my opinion it was a legitimate question to ask yourself what you actually do .

In no way is this 'having a dig at you', I really was interested to see what it is that you contribute to the SC.

Once again I await your reply.

Evading the question again Al.

I have no desire to be committe member of a drinking club. Now, if it were truly a Supporters Club, that might be different.

You are quite rightly publicizing your 15 hours voluntary work RR, I am quite simply asking you what benefits that has for the club or for the supporters.

BTW, I wouldnt be on your case so much if you didnt keep commenting on a matter which you claim to not have the slightest interest in, ie, the EE.

Feel free to answer the question, and also THE other question, you know the one.

Either way, Merry Christmas to RR and everyone, :xmas: I'm out on the lash pronto.

Nick :city:

Archived