IGNORED

Atyeo-w***io-fickalability

WTFiGO!?!

The booing was for the awful ref - the team were clapped in, applauded as they took the field for the second half and rightly cheered in at the end. This wouldn't be a Saturday without someone moaning about the moaning fans :yawn:

And Twentyman, didnt he love it?

Anyone else notice he did not do the radio show last Saturday, was it anything to do with the fact his club did not play?

;) Anyway back on topic.

was defo some in the atyeo booing, couldn't believe what I was hearing however the lack of intelligence in that stand from some around me is really starting to get on my wick, there is a group of about 12 of us spread over 3 rows who just know each other from sitting next to each over pretty much since the stand opened, and it seem there is just becoming more and more fickle and just plain stupid people in that stand at the moment!

But the booing worked a treat. I remember in our last promotion under John Ward, the players were booed off after drawing 1-1 at home to Bournemouth, and were also subject to some abuse from outside the dressing room. The players were so stung by it that they went on a fantastic winning run and were virtually promoted by January.

I remember that game very well. We took an early lead but Ward decided to shut up shop and the inevitable happened and I think they equalised on 83 mins. The booing was aimed squarely at Ward for his defensive tactics. He very cleverly directed this at the players. It did work though.

think you might mean someone else as he aint abusive just loud and wrong :clapping:

you don't mean the bloke right behind the goal who goes to give the goalie gip???

That could be the one....

Often gets the kids involved too. Why is he never told to sit down?

Not being funny but I have been to championship clubs and as a neutral those clubs ive been too have booed their club at half time. To think that booing doesnt go on at other clubs is ludicrus. It happens at other clubs so don't think we are the elite cos we most certainly are not.

W***io?. Looked it up in the old dictionary, couldn't find it.

Is it a slant on the word, masturbate possibly?

Seems a bit rude really but perhaps this sort of thing is now allowed, great, I've got loads of 'em, here's one...suckalickability.

I hate that CITY TILL I DIE chant now, the drummers insist on starting it as soon as we go 1-0 down ever since the Chesterfield game last season, starting to get boring now. ;)

I think it was that chant that ignited my slightly rude, offensive and self-righteous post in the drunken haze I was in.

Not being funny but I have been to championship clubs and as a neutral those clubs ive been too have booed their club at half time. To think that booing doesnt go on at other clubs is ludicrus. It happens at other clubs so don't think we are the elite cos we most certainly are not.

Leading on from my above comment, the only Club I have ultimate although very very quiet respect for is Portsmouth, the originator of said chant as far as I know. It seems to have become a nationwide gimmick but strikes me as most superficial.

There seems to be debate as to exactly what the booing was for, apart from the two goals were we really that poor?

There is also an argument for it's motivational benefits, all I can say is when I've effed something up the last thing I need is people rubbing my nose into the fact. Other than constructive advice my boss just says to me ''well I don't even need to say anything do I?''.

I don't like booing and jeering fundamentally, I don't see it as anything but destructive in the main and in the Football setting - combined with that CITY TILL I DIE - embarrassing.

People moaning about people moaning, hmm, the irony :D

Possibly makes them buck thier idea's up!

Players love the applause, then they can take criticism when its justified.

Possibly being the operative word.

If the team are playing badly, they know it. Johnners would have told tham at half-time to buck their ideas up. They're not going to think, "ooh, we haven't been booed, so that's ok, we'll carry on playing crap".

Booing achieves nothing, unless it makes you feel better.

If the team are playing badly, they know it. Johnners would have told tham at half-time to buck their ideas up. They're not going to think, "ooh, we haven't been booed, so that's ok, we'll carry on playing crap".

Johnson would of told them at half time to buck their ideals up?????????????????????????????????

What as politely as you just stated Nick?

While we're at it, perhaps someone in Dolman G Block would like to explain exactly how chanting for Scott Brown 15 minutes into the game when it's 0-0, we're playing okay and looking for a breakthrough inspires the team to perform? 12th man, my arse.

While we're at it, perhaps someone in Dolman G Block would like to explain exactly how chanting for Scott Brown 15 minutes into the game when it's 0-0, we're playing okay and looking for a breakthrough inspires the team to perform? 12th man, my arse.

Once again RedTop finds no difficulty in turning a totally unrelated issue into an opportunity at having a subtle dig at the EE.

Did someone say he works for The Sun?

Booing CAN achieve something,

If someone in any line of work gets told they are not doing thier job to the best of thier ability , They will try harder to put it right!

& yes it sometimes makes ME feel alot better , Thankyou!.

Booing CAN achieve something,

If someone in any line of work gets told they are not doing thier job to the best of thier ability , They will try harder to put it right!

& yes it sometimes makes ME feel alot better , Thankyou!.

Your first reason is rubbish.

Your second is what I presumed to be the case, and so, well done you, I'm pleased for you.

Personally, I'd get more kicks at getting behind them and trying to do my bit to turn the situation around, but, we're all different.

Can you actually put w***io in a thread title without getting a ban?

What with being a stickler for rules :farmer: I can inform you that the action could be considered tasteless and strong or adult language and so result in deletion, editing or a warning, no mention of bans though. Just let it go I reckon :farmer:

Another point I'd like to chuck in while I'm here, another nark is that it's not as though the initial positive support is particularly vocal, certainly not in relation to the vocal negativety.

Your first reason is rubbish.

Your second is what I presumed to be the case, and so, well done you, I'm pleased for you.

Personally, I'd get more kicks at getting behind them and trying to do my bit to turn the situation around, but, we're all different.

Rubbish, Why? I would try alot harder to do my job better if my customers complained.

If you go in your local and have a shite pint, do you tell the landlord or just sit back a drink it? Id imagine you would expect him improve the quality of the beer.

As for getting kicks, I never boo the team i love for kicks. I do it because i feel justified to let them know I'm not happy.

Rubbish, Why? I would try alot harder to do my job better if my customers complained.

If you go in your local and have a shite pint, do you tell the landlord or just sit back a drink it? Id imagine you would expect him improve the quality of the beer.

As for getting kicks, I never boo the team i love for kicks. I do it because i feel justified to let them know I'm not happy.

The reason its rubbish is because your booing won't tell the players they are playing crap, because they already know that and the manager will do what needs to be done in the dressing room. As I said before, if you don't boo, do you think the players will think "oh, the fans haven't booed, so its ok to carry on playing crap?"

Your analogy of a pint in a pub is completely the wrong one, because the pub landlord will not know he's served a duff pint until you tell him, so that is different.

You said booing makes you feel better. I kinda think that the players will know we're not happy if they aren't playing well. So, the booing is entirely for your self gratification. Thats fine. I just wondered why you did it, that's all.

Every time City go in at half-time losing, they get booed by a section of the Atyeo. It's getting embarrasing.

The reason its rubbish is because your booing won't tell the players they are playing crap, because they already know that and the manager will do what needs to be done in the dressing room. As I said before, if you don't boo, do you think the players will think "oh, the fans haven't booed, so its ok to carry on playing crap?"

Your analogy of a pint in a pub is completely the wrong one, because the pub landlord will not know he's served a duff pint until you tell him, so that is different.

You said booing makes you feel better. I kinda think that the players will know we're not happy if they aren't playing well. So, the booing is entirely for your self gratification. Thats fine. I just wondered why you did it, that's all.

Every time City go in at half-time losing, they get booed by a section of the Atyeo. It's getting embarrasing.

Have you ever heard a player comment how boo's have made matters worse, I haven't. Its only the righteous who say its not helping.

Please don't get me wrong if any fan wishes to clap and applaud the players/manager what ever the performance, Its fine by me! But i have my beliefs too- I can Boo all i like.

By the way- i sit in the lower williams.

H/T - BOO. F/T - 'City till I die!'. Atyeo 'unfaithful' can you please sort yourselves out.

That's not to say 5/6th of the Dullmoan weren't living up to their name first half.

It's got embarrassing.

I booed the team off at half-time as well as did most of my fellow BCFC supporters in D block of the Williams' stand. Tranmere were mediocre and we were useless in the first half. All the booing must have worked as along with, undoubtedly, a few Gary Johnson hand grenades we were on fire in the second half.

BCFC 3 Tranmere 2, and 3 points for the mighty BCFC. :chant6ez: No complaints - overall. :innocent06:

WTFiGO!?! and Co. - click on the link below to see if you're man enough for the Red Goblin's special test :D ......

http://www.subcider.co.uk/subb/index.php?showtopic=1064

Have you ever heard a player comment how boo's have made matters worse, I haven't. Its only the righteous who say its not helping.

Please don't get me wrong if any fan wishes to clap and applaud the players/manager what ever the performance, Its fine by me! But i have my beliefs too- I can Boo all i like.

By the way- i sit in the lower williams.

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying applaud the players if playing crap. I'm saying don't boo them. I'm saying get behind them to do better. There is a difference.

Ask the players if booing them helps. I'll buy you a season ticket if any of them say it does.

Still, if it makes you feel better, you carry on booing.

Archived