IGNORED

Another Smack In The Mouth For ST Holders

Bristol Boy

To: avidcity

why do you get off slagging off loyal city fans who just want to get tickets and - for various good reasons - havn't been able to get one.

ok you got yours - I'm pleased for you.

But stop crowing and acting like a smartass d***head. or maybe it's not an act.

Agreed, very easy, unless you are an ST holder and want your seat!

yep, and boro have a large fan base around the uk and will sell their tickets no problem

and those not from middlesbrough who support them will go for seats in other areas of ashton gate,

9,000 in one day tells me thats a mixed crowd of home and away.

yep, and boro have a large fan base around the uk and will sell their tickets no problem

and those not from middlesbrough who support them will go for seats in other areas of ashton gate,

Just hope there isnt any trouble. Have been told theres some real nasty Boro fans! :shocking:

Avidcity - Sorry to join in your debate, but why should City fans tolerate such poor ticketing arrangements? It has happened for virtually all of the big games in recent years, and yet City continue making the same mistakes. We are hardly talking of minor complaints, or anything that anyone with half a brain could not have foreseen. You comment on people "making arrangements", but not all of us live in Bristol, nor do we have employers who allow us to use the phone all day, nor can we just take a day off at minimal notice. And how can you defend City advising people to retain ticket stubs for priority, and then ignoring this? What about City 2000 members? Was no thought given to restricting the number of tickets sold to each caller?

It is hardly a question of unwarrented moaning, it is the same old problem being repeated. ST holders who should have an easy time getting tickets are wasting huge amounts of time and money phoning City, and despite being 'Priority Customers' cannot book via the Internet. Regular supporters who made the trek to York, or attended the Gillingham game get no priority.

So what are these positives? Never attend a match, but either have the right job, or get lucky on the phone or internet, and you can get as many tickets as you like.

I am a ST holder, not in Bristol, will have limited chances to call tomorrow, and am not sure if I can spend Saturday phoning, or taking a trip to AG. I actually have a family to consider, and being "Priority", getting a ticket should not be such a challenge, nor should it waste so much of my time.

no more than any other club, but not talking of trouble but boro fans are as fanatic as newcastle

and you will get them staying over night in bristol on a weekend booze up.

Good if they were as nice as the Coventry fans we met last weekend then they will be welcome at the gate! :farmer:

general sell tickets online gone very quick for my liking :ermm:

i think there could be a few boro sat in the home ends,

as it's been all to easy to buy online :whistle2:

Boro won't sell the 3,100 they've got, so why would they want a ticket in the wrong end :blink:

We hear this every big game......never happens and if it does they've all kept miraculously quiet.

Boro won't sell the 3,100 they've got, so why would they want a ticket in the wrong end :blink:

We hear this every big game......never happens and if it does they've all kept miraculously quiet.

they will sell.

thing is if you live in boro you will buy the tickets from your club,

if your a boro fan living around the south of england you will get tickets for any part of the gate,

i know 3 builders who are boro fans living around bristol and they will go for home end tickets

we had coventry in the prem seating, word gets around :innocent06:

Sorry don't agree, i don't even think Boro will sell out. I mean its not a big game to them is it. Look who they play week in week out. There is no direct trains from there to here either and is a bloody long way. One good thing i saw on one of there sites was that there trying to organise a boycott of there game at Chelsea because of the high ticket prices, fair play to em i say.

Avidcity - Sorry to join in your debate, but why should City fans tolerate such poor ticketing arrangements? It has happened for virtually all of the big games in recent years, and yet City continue making the same mistakes. We are hardly talking of minor complaints, or anything that anyone with half a brain could not have foreseen. You comment on people "making arrangements", but not all of us live in Bristol, nor do we have employers who allow us to use the phone all day, nor can we just take a day off at minimal notice. And how can you defend City advising people to retain ticket stubs for priority, and then ignoring this? What about City 2000 members? Was no thought given to restricting the number of tickets sold to each caller?

It is hardly a question of unwarrented moaning, it is the same old problem being repeated. ST holders who should have an easy time getting tickets are wasting huge amounts of time and money phoning City, and despite being 'Priority Customers' cannot book via the Internet. Regular supporters who made the trek to York, or attended the Gillingham game get no priority.

So what are these positives? Never attend a match, but either have the right job, or get lucky on the phone or internet, and you can get as many tickets as you like.

I am a ST holder, not in Bristol, will have limited chances to call tomorrow, and am not sure if I can spend Saturday phoning, or taking a trip to AG. I actually have a family to consider, and being "Priority", getting a ticket should not be such a challenge, nor should it waste so much of my time.

Correct.

As I said in the initial posting, this was utterly forseeable and could have been planned since the first match was drawn.

Something else that could have been done would be to have asked ST Holders if they wanted a ticket for the next round should we make it, after the draw was made and people knew the opposition was Hull or Boro.

The club could have accepted calls, online notification, e mail, faxes and would have known on Weds that they had, say 6,000 ST Tickets to send out, starting Thurs at 9am-------then let the other ST Holders have until Fri pm to order-Gen Sale 5.5 Days next Sat-Fri AND we'd have known how many Boro will be returning and, depending on segregation, allocated those to City.

We don't get cup runs very often so it's vital that we maximise our earnings and the opportunity for support when we do.

This has a very similar feel to the Premier Club debacle in terms of PR & Customer Service.

Sorry don't agree, i don't even think Boro will sell out. I mean its not a big game to them is it. Look who they play week in week out. There is no direct trains from there to here either and is a bloody long way. One good thing i saw on one of there sites was that there trying to organise a boycott of there game at Chelsea because of the high ticket prices, fair play to em i say.

a lot of their fans see bristol as a weekend on the beer and no matter where they play (apart from chelsea) they will

go and watch them, they are as nutty as newcastle.

i guess we'll see soon.

they will sell.

if your a boro fan living around the south of england you will get tickets for any part of the gate,

i know 3 builders who are boro fans living around bristol and they will go for home end tickets

1,500-2,000 tops mate. :yes:

You heard it here first and I hope I'm right because that may mean that some of our regulars get to see a game.

On the other hand,I'm sure that all 700 Prem & Corporate haven't gone and for about £90 you can get a meal as well......and a row if Coventry was anything to go on. :D

1,500-2,000 tops mate. :yes:

You heard it here first and I hope I'm right because that may mean that some of our regulars get to see a game.

On the other hand,I'm sure that all 700 Prem & Corporate haven't gone and for about £90 you can get a meal as well......and a row if Coventry was anything to go on. :D

:laugh:

it seems a lot have gone on line in one day, can't all be city :dunno:

they will sell.

Not a bad suggestion considering Boro' have 10/15 thousand ST holders at an uneducated guess. Have come around to the thought they will travel in greater number than what we originally assumed, nice city, Bristol.

My other latest thought is, for reasonability for who does and who doesn't receive tickets, why not make it two tickets available per ST holder and then any 'regular attender' is bound to have someone they know who'll do the decent thing in sorting them out?? Got to be better than today's system - completly exploitable to the black market and free to the 'out-of-the-woodwork' types.

I will reiterate; I never forsaw the demand for tickets.

I will also reiterate; The Club don't care where the tickets land, ''£££'' - is their one tracked mind. I hate them.

Also of note: The Club claimed to have sold out just as the clock struck 7 and the offices were closing, not a bit weird that? Persist tomorrow all those still needy. If not, get down The Gate early doors when the ST tickets not sold go up for general sale.

a lot of their fans see bristol as a weekend on the beer and no matter where they play (apart from chelsea) they will

go and watch them, they are as nutty as newcastle.

i guess we'll see soon.

From my experience there nuttier than Newcastle :noexpression: on a par with Millwall on there day. Just don't think they will sell out, but we will see ;)

Online tickets are released in blocks subject to availability when phones, ST, Corporate, Prem and personal callers are taken into account.Of those sold, I would doubt that 20% went online and according to official reports Boro have a load (3,100) and don't expect to sell out or anything like it.

As someone else has posted, we're no great attraction for them-Bit like City at York, although we are two rounds on.They've got Pompey three days later in the League are they're far from safe in the Prem yet.

They could surprise us and sell out, but it's not predicted.

A lot of "City" fans have come out of the woodwork today mate,where i work only 2 of us ACTUALLY go to City. 8 othere have managed to get tickets today :disapointed2se: .Thats just in one work place in Bridgwater. Think of all the once a season brigade in Bristol,WSM,Taunton, etc etc and you will see where the tickets have gone :rolleyes:

A lot of "City" fans have come out of the woodwork today mate,where i work only 2 of us ACTUALLY go to City. 8 othere have managed to get tickets today :disapointed2se: .Thats just in one work place in Bridgwater. Think of all the once a season brigade in Bristol,WSM,Taunton, etc etc and you will see where the tickets have gone :rolleyes:

true, but 9,000 odd :shocking: we need a new stadium :w00t:

Guest The Championship-Reality
:clapping: Thats such a typical response from someone who is just talking b***ocks. Get a life

Hes got one or he wouldnt be living.

To be fair I am a season Ticket holder and each ST holder has until Saturday PM to claim there seat so if you could not get through as a ST holder why not wait it makes sense surely, if we only had until Thursday to buy our tickets I could understand the frustration but we did not so I would say the club have got it right.. So why on earth are ST holders complaining. Personally I will order mine Saturday guaranteed my seat.

As a ST holder I'm just pleased the ground will be full and so should every other ST holder.

Archived