IGNORED

Another Smack In The Mouth For ST Holders

Bristol Boy

Why's everyone getting mad with each other?

I agree that the club should have staggered the selling arrangements (Boro are doing exactly this, with tickets not on general sell till Tuesday i think). I also feel that when it comes to looking after loyal average fans the club does a poor job.

However, i do not have my ticket for the Boro game as i completely under estimated the demand. I started ringing at 2 and never even got into the queuing system, with the on-line facility only offering me OAP tickets in the lower Williams. I still don't see why the demand is so high for this game (i.e selling out in a day) as Boro must still be one of the most unfashionable clubs in the country, so who knows what attracts the part timers (possible sniff of an upset?).

Ultimately, some people feel aggrieved at the situation and voiced an opinion stating so. Instead of just disagreeing, why do some people feel the need to start hurling insults.

Calm down dears, it just a forum!

season tickets holders have until staurday to get their seats .then they can be sold.

it is all of a rush because there is little time to get everything sorted before the 27th

no matter what happens to us in cup matches and selling the tickets for the fans there

will be somebody missing out.

I'm sorry..........hang on, why should I be sorry?

I'm angry at the shambles that has heralded what should be a super day in the clubs recent history.

After trying on numerous.....at least twenty, occassions I couldn't even get in the queueing system.

Still, as long as "Ronnie, I go once a season" can book online and "Dave, which one's Showumni?" can get through on the phone, that's perfectly in order.

My question is, why?

What's the rush?

Why Not Do This.

1.Offer ST Holders the opportunity to purchase their tickets Thu/Fri.

2.From Sat onwards, offer Gen Sale to John Q Public.

That would repay ST Holders for their loyalty, travelling to York, Orient etc, etc and allow Ronnie & Dave even more of an opportunity than they've had today.If we can sell 9,000 in a day, we can certainly sell 9,000 in the five available days next week.

9,000-Gen Sale

3,100-Boro

8,000-ST Holders

Sounds like 20,100-however, I reckon we've got about 7,300 ST Holders so that'll leave a few spare to go with any Boro send back.

Before someone says, "Go down and get one" That's a touch difficult when you live 130 miles away.

I think I'll have a word with Colin Sexstone after the Brighton game. :ranting::badmood:

Bristol Boy hope you don't refer to me in your post about going once a season. My wife and l have been season ticket holders for many seasons and l started supporting City in 1963. In future please don't make wild inaccurate posts that could offend people, thank you. Ronnie. PS i have never booked a ticket on-line in my life.

1.Offer ST Holders the opportunity to purchase their tickets Thu/Fri.

2.From Sat onwards, offer Gen Sale to John Q Public.

What real difference would that make? People would still be moaning that they can't get the tickets on a saturday when at the moment they can. Also how much recent experience has city had with handling this sort of thing, no where near as much as middlesbrough. I personally think they are doing their best. I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time........

What real difference would that make? People would still be moaning that they can't get the tickets on a saturday when at the moment they can. Also how much recent experience has city had with handling this sort of thing, no where near as much as middlesbrough. I personally think they are doing their best. I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time........

Well dunno bout you, matey, but we've had this at least three times in recent memory. cant answer for the fourth I couldnt go...the 3 Auto windscreens/Leyland Daf/M Mouse finals at Wembley.

ST holders, Supporters Club, and City 2000 peops got THEIR tickets FIRST, as loyal supporters, THEN the free for all began...and THAT was for 40,000 or so tickets not the 9000 currently being ballsed up so badly.

Its a typical comment from the likes of you. clueless.

Well dunno bout you, matey, but we've had this at least three times in recent memory. cant answer for the fourth I couldnt go...the 3 Auto windscreens/Leyland Daf/M Mouse finals at Wembley.

ST holders, Supporters Club, and City 2000 peops got THEIR tickets FIRST, as loyal supporters, THEN the free for all began...and THAT was for 40,000 or so tickets not the 9000 currently being ballsed up so badly.

yes and however all 3 had a lot more time until the game was actually taking place! you could also apply at those times via post or on the phone (via an outsourced firm) due to the timescale between tickets going on sale and the games taking place there was more time for preparation.

with just over a week from tickets on sale until the game, it was always going to be a rush,

What you mention above was outsourced. It was also a final and so they had more time to put things in place anyway and also was not at the gate. This however was an FA Cup replay and whilst not organised absolutely brilliantly its not too bad, if people want to go then they will damn sure try and get a ticket, plenty of people I know have managed to get a ticket (loyal supporters, every week people and ST holders) you just have to make an effort.

Also recent memory is fine but in terms of this board the only recent ones were the LDV with wilson at mill stad and possibly the auto windscreen at Wembley.

Also what do you mean by 'The likes of you'? Am I not an avid supporter of city? Do I not have knowledge of our team and history? Still I guess I am clueless.

Archived