IGNORED

why didn't murray take it?

You Know I Am Right

You have short memories guys ! Enoch took one earlier in the season in a league game at AG and scored !

Have to say though he wouldn't be my first choice. Obviously Jevons is no.1 but then I would go for Jamie Mac aswell.

I'm not suprised that Enoch took it because he's rubbish, more that it would have made it 2-0 and been perfect breathing space after 25 mins or whenever it was.

Never looked like he was going to score it either.

Without any doubt our first choice penalty taker is Jevons - but in his absence I'd go along with your suggestion of McAllistair or possibly Johnson jnr - both good strikers of a dead ball. I wouldn't be so confident of Murray and was very suprised that Enoch stepped up today.

Jevons with McAllister as second choice.

I had my head in my hands when I saw it was Enoch to take it, I was convinced he would miss - he doesn't hit a ball that cleanly.

In the absence of Jevons, McAllister should take them. He would smash it into the net.

But Enoch grabbed the ball and wouldn't let anyone else have it !

Yeah i thought McAllister was going to take it until Enoch snatched the ball off him. Bit disgraceful from Enoch to be honest he needs to realise its not the Showumni show its a team effort!!!

I had my head in my hands when I saw it was Enoch to take it, I was convinced he would miss - he doesn't hit a ball that cleanly.

In the absence of Jevons, McAllister should take them. He would smash it into the net.

But Enoch grabbed the ball and wouldn't let anyone else have it !

Surely decided by the manager before the game.

Hey look, this is "Bristol City Football Club"... :farmer:

Today, (or rather yesterday now), we hit the post, hit the crossbar and missed a penalty... :disapointed2se:

To us, and most other clubs, that would normally sound like a "bad day" at the office, but we came away 3-0 winners Away from Ashton Gate! :banana:

We are turning the corner if stuff like that is still going against us, but still getting good Results at the same time! :chant6ez:

Keep it up boys! You're doing great!!! :clapping:

i know we won and i am happy but..........

to explain why i started this thread: i cant remember who it was against but about 4 years ago (maybe more/less) west ham were 2 up against someone in the prem and one of their players (kitson or hartson) had scored 2 so they let him take the penalty to get his hat-trick.........he missed and they drew 2-2 which resulted in them missing out on europe or something (harry redknapp was not pleased at the time). in his interview he said di canio was specified taker but there was nothing he could do when they were on the pitch.

maybe I'm being paranoid but all i wanted to know is:

a) did it look like enoch was designated taker?

and

b) who would you choose to take penalties?

****hope this clears it up to those of you who think i am moaning!!

Bit sad really, after having stone wall penalties being not given, we finally get one and we miss... Atleast it didnt cost us.

For the record, i think GJ prefers he 'confidence' players to take them, i don;t see anything wrong with that.. and based on enochs season so far this season, and his coolness infront of goal he's full of confidence. Macca is another player that seems full f confidence so he wouldnt of been a bad bet to score if he took it.

Yeah i thought McAllister was going to take it until Enoch snatched the ball off him. Bit disgraceful from Enoch to be honest he needs to realise its not the Showumni show its a team effort!!!

disgraceful? surely the same words wouldn't be used if another forward would have done that?

either way, Enoch has taken pens before, so perhaps after Jevons, he is the assigned Pen taker? he scored the last one he took

disgraceful? surely the same words wouldn't be used if another forward would have done that?

either way, Enoch has taken pens before, so perhaps after Jevons, he is the assigned Pen taker? he scored the last one he took

The same words would be used if any player did that. No i don't think he is he snatched the ball off MCcalister totally out of order.

The same words would be used if any player did that. No i don't think he is he snatched the ball off MCcalister totally out of order.

remember the same thing happening before, exactly the same thing happened couple of seasons, someone else wanted the ball, but Mickey Bell ripped the ball of them and made sure he was the one who took the pen, because he was the allocated pen taker,

You don't know that Enoch isn't the assigned Penalty taker and that he wasn't just following the managers orders,

to suggest he is out of order and a discrage is just embrassing yourself!

remember the same thing happening before, exactly the same thing happened couple of seasons, someone else wanted the ball, but Mickey Bell ripped the ball of them and made sure he was the one who took the pen, because he was the allocated pen taker,

You don't know that Enoch isn't the assigned Penalty taker and that he wasn't just following the managers orders,

to suggest he is out of order and a discrage is just embrassing yourself!

If the score line would have been different i would bet people would be agreeing with me.

Oh grow up sarah, you continuously slag off other players, one of who'm has been arguably one of our best, and influential players this season (yes, even more so than brooker) Yet, if someone has a dig at brooker, doesnt matter if its just a little dig, or constructive critism.. you're the first to jump on their back. So what if enoch took the ball from macca? If he feels confident enough to take it, then so be it.. he missed, yet we still won convicingly, get over it. I don't see macca causing such a big fuss over it, i'm sure he will be able to sleep tonight knowing enoch took the ball away from him.

Oh grow up sarah, you continuously slag off other players, one of who'm has been arguably one of our best, and influential players this season (yes, even more so than brooker) Yet, if someone has a dig at brooker, doesnt matter if its just a little dig, or constructive critism.. you're the first to jump on their back. So what if enoch took the ball from macca? If he feels confident enough to take it, then so be it.. he missed, yet we still won convicingly, get over it. I don't see macca causing such a big fuss over it, i'm sure he will be able to sleep tonight knowing enoch took the ball away from him.

probably just a bit bitter as her hero could be losing his starting place, bloke couldn't last 45mins today, andrews comes in and scores, bench for Brooks next game maybe? or will he be sold by then?

No i don't i have said that the lads were brilliant out there today how is that slagging them off? I just feel that Enoch shouldn't have snatched the ball for that penalty. Perhaps he has learnt that for next time.

If the score line would have been different i would bet people would be agreeing with me.

maybe they would, how ever they will probably be in the wrong, either way in the next couple of games with Jevons out it will be interesting to see who takes a Pen?

my money would be on Enoch again

No i don't i have said that the lads were brilliant out there today how is that slagging them off? I just feel that Enoch shouldn't have snatched the ball for that penalty. Perhaps he has learnt that for next time.

so you feel calling someone "out of Order" and "a disgrace" is not slagging them off,

in a similar vien, Steve Brooker, is a bolding unfit non-goal-scoring waste of space who can't last 45mins in a game (oh but I'm not slagging him off? :noexpression:)

probably just a bit bitter as her hero could be losing his starting place, bloke couldn't last 45mins today, andrews comes in and scores, bench for Brooks next game maybe? or will he be sold by then?

No he won't be losing his place on the back of Andrews performance i don't think. He couldn't last 45 mins because a challenge left 2 marks on his shin and he felt his hamstring tighten so i would imagine GJ took him off for precaution he may well rest him Tuesday which won't be a bad thing as he will be needed for the Boro game.

maybe they would, how ever they will probably be in the wrong, either way in the next couple of games with Jevons out it will be interesting to see who takes a Pen?

my money would be on Enoch again

Oh i expect so so he can reach his goal target :noexpression:

so you feel calling someone "out of Order" and "a disgrace" is not slagging them off,

in a similar vien, Steve Brooker, is a bolding unfit non-goal-scoring waste of space who can't last 45mins in a game (oh but I'm not slagging him off? :noexpression:)

I like Enoch and i think he is a good player but don't feel he should have took that penalty and i didn't like the manner in which he snatched the ball to take the penalty.

We both know you don't think that about Brooks so don't say it.

No he won't be losing his place on the back of Andrews performance i don't think. He couldn't last 45 mins because a challenge left 2 marks on his shin and he felt his hamstring tighten so i would imagine GJ took him off for precaution he may well rest him Tuesday which won't be a bad thing as he will be needed for the Boro game.

2 words

INJURY PRONE

I like Enoch and i think he is a good player but don't feel he should have took that penalty and i didn't like the manner in which he snatched the ball to take the penalty.

We both know you don't think that about Brooks so don't say it.

the fact is, teams have Corner takers, free kick takers and Pen takers, the last time we had a pen and Jevons wasn't playing, Enoch took it and scored, no doubt following managers tactics, it is highly likely that following him scoring the last pen, he was still the assigned pen taker

Archived