IGNORED

why didn't murray take it?

You Know I Am Right

Think Enoch had every right to take the ball from McAllister I'd imagine he is 1st choice pen taker after Jevons, suprised Brooker didn't try to take it, perhaps he just doesn't have the bottle, don't think I've seen him take a pen to be honest, personally I want players have bottle when we need it to push for the promotion, personally I wouldn't be shocked to see Brooker gone by the end of Jan seems he can't shake off his constant injury problems and with Andrews coming in and possibly Robbie Winters, only a matter of time until a striker leaves, obviously it won't be Jevons or Enoch, both in double figures,

Brooker is just so injury prone, can't even get a run of games together and when he does come back it always takes him a few games to get back into the swing of things, unlike somone like Enoch who will miss games and then come back in and perform right away,

Sorry Steve, thanks for the memories, but we want players who can get us promoted and you can't do that from the physio bench, if we get an offer of around £150k I'd rip their hands of for it.

Think Enoch had every right to take the ball from McAllister I'd imagine he is 1st choice pen taker after Jevons, suprised Brooker didn't try to take it, perhaps he just doesn't have the bottle, don't think I've seen him take a pen to be honest, personally I want players have bottle when we need it to push for the promotion, personally I wouldn't be shocked to see Brooker gone by the end of Jan seems he can't shake off his constant injury problems and with Andrews coming in and possibly Robbie Winters, only a matter of time until a striker leaves, obviously it won't be Jevons or Enoch, both in double figures,

Brooker is just so injury prone, can't even get a run of games together and when he does come back it always takes him a few games to get back into the swing of things, unlike somone like Enoch who will miss games and then come back in and perform right away,

Sorry Steve, thanks for the memories, but we want players who can get us promoted and you can't do that from the physio bench, if we get an offer of around £150k I'd rip their hands of for it.

Oh well thats it then. Just hope he doesn't read this forum and read those comments because that will do his confidence no good at all. Brooker has more bottle than anyone i know. Everytime he is on that pitch he is so brave and wholehearted if he doesn't score a goal he creates them for others and his general work and prescence out there is excellent.

£150k indeed :disapointed2se: Glad your not the boss thats all i can say!! Brooks is going nowhere except into the championship with us.

Oh well thats it then. Just hope he doesn't read this forum and read those comments because that will do his confidence no good at all. Brooker has more bottle than anyone i know. Everytime he is on that pitch he is so brave and wholehearted if he doesn't score a goal he creates them for others and his general work and prescence out there is excellent.

£150k indeed :disapointed2se: Glad your not the boss thats all i can say!! Brooks is going nowhere except into the championship with us.

he doesn't do anything Enoch doesn't do, Enoch has more than covered Brookers role this season and looks a better all round player and shown that we can manage without Brooker, Brooker has had constant injury problems since he has been at the club, he may be an effictive player when fit, but he isn't fit for long enough to sustain a long run in the team, we need player who can play 35+ games a season, that is a catergory Mr Brooker doesn't come inot.

Enoch and Jevons have more than done the business this season and have had to due to Brookers constant absences, I'm all for having a fit Steve Brooker at the club, but it just doesn't happen enough.

If we go up this season, we need quality players fit enough to compete at Championship Level, we can't afford to waste money on a player who spends have the season making yet another comeback into the first-team, whilst others around him have to carry his lack of fitness/sharpness

he doesn't do anything Enoch doesn't do, Enoch has more than covered Brookers role this season and looks a better all round player and shown that we can manage without Brooker, Brooker has had constant injury problems since he has been at the club, he may be an effictive player when fit, but he isn't fit for long enough to sustain a long run in the team, we need player who can play 35+ games a season, that is a catergory Mr Brooker doesn't come inot.

Enoch and Jevons have more than done the business this season and have had to due to Brookers constant absences, I'm all for having a fit Steve Brooker at the club, but it just doesn't happen enough.

If we go up this season, we need quality players fit enough to compete at Championship Level, we can't afford to waste money on a player who spends have the season making yet another comeback into the first-team, whilst others around him have to carry his lack of fitness/sharpness

What makes me laugh is all i read on this forum is people banging on about getting another striker because we haven't got enough of them apparantly but there is you suggesting we get rid of one the very one that we do need to actually hold on to!!

How is Brooker 'brave'?... Everytime he picks up a 'slight' knock, he always goes off and doesn't play on.. Whereas the other week enoch had a blow to the head, went off to get a bandaged wrapped around it and carried on. In the same game, he dived in for a header, with the defender trying to clear with his foot. I'd say brooker is the braver of the two.

be interesting if Brooker does last till the transfer window, their is no doubt we need a forward with Jevons injured, but if Andrews performs over this month, wouldn't be suprised to see him sign Perm,

we can't carry players who can't keep fit, and then spend game after game trying to get back to "100%" promotion is all that counts, and Johnson won't suffer any hangers on who can't pull their wait, especially those on Big Contracts!

Sorry Steve, you a good player, but Enoch is proving to be better, either get yourself fit and stay fit or find another club.

How is Brooker 'brave'?... Everytime he picks up a 'slight' knock, he always goes off and doesn't play on.. Whereas the other week enoch had a blow to the head, went off to get a bandaged wrapped around it and carried on. In the same game, he dived in for a header, with the defender trying to clear with his foot. I'd say brooker is the braver of the two.

spot on, Enoch is without doubt the bravest forward we have, has never say die attitude and has played through the pain barrier with no fear, Steve on the other can class "sitting on the bench with an Ice Pack" as one of his hobbies!

We need fit forwards who can player and score goals, not more injury prone journeymen

What makes me laugh is all i read on this forum is people banging on about getting another striker because we haven't got enough of them apparantly but there is you suggesting we get rid of one the very one that we do need to actually hold on to!!

Yes, We need another striker to constantly cover other forwards injury problems, certain strikers have missed more of the season than they have played and look set to miss yet another game coming up due to injury.

If he was fit, he would be a player worth keeping, but he seems incapable of it - Steve Brooker - aka - Lee Matthews Mk2

be interesting if Brooker does last till the transfer window, their is no doubt we need a forward with Jevons injured, but if Andrews performs over this month, wouldn't be suprised to see him sign Perm,

we can't carry players who can't keep fit, and then spend game after game trying to get back to "100%" promotion is all that counts, and Johnson won't suffer any hangers on who can't pull their wait, especially those on Big Contracts!

Sorry Steve, you a good player, but Enoch is proving to be better, either get yourself fit and stay fit or find another club.

He is trying to get himself 100%. Get behind the lad show him a bit of support. How you can accuse him of not pulling his weight i don't know. He works his guts out for the team.

He is trying to get himself 100%. Get behind the lad show him a bit of support. How you can accuse him of not pulling his weight i don't know. He works his guts out for the team.

WHEN FIT............which isn't very often, when Brooker comes back he needs 2/3 games to get back to his best form, when enoch comes back, he gets goals right away

it's a straightforward choice,

I'm willing to put hard cash down, that by this time next year Brooker will no longer be a Bristol City player,

WHEN FIT............which isn't very often, when Brooker comes back he needs 2/3 games to get back to his best form, when enoch comes back, he gets goals right away

I'm willing to put hard cash down, that by this time next year Brooker will no longer be a Bristol City player,

Strong statement......but you wont be far wrong.

Enter Sarah B....... :blink:

Oh really? Ok then Mr i love Showumni how much money are you willing to lose??????

nothing to do with rating showumin? it's about wanting players who are capable of performing on a constant basis and getting goals.

lose? rather over confident?

£100?

Ok your on. I bet you £500.00 that Brooker will stay and you will all be raving about him come the end of the season!!

Ok your on. I bet you £500.00 that Brooker will stay and you will all be raving about him come the end of the season!!

ummm, your changing the rules? the bet is "Steve Brooker will not be a Bristol City player this time next year?"

what I am saying Steve Brooker will not be a player at Bristol City on 21st Jan 2008

that is the bet,

I am happy to agree to £500, without problem,

to ensure the bet is valid, I suggest sending our personal details, such as full name and address to an independent 3rd party (Arny perhaps? fair?)

please advise, I'm happy with the rules? are you?

ummm, your changing the rules? the bet is "Steve Brooker will not be a Bristol City player this time next year?"

what I am saying Steve Brooker will not be a player at Bristol City on 21st Jan 2008

that is the bet,

I am happy to agree to £500, without problem,

to ensure the bet is valid, I suggest sending our personal details, such as full name and address to an independent 3rd party (Arny perhaps? fair?)

please advise, I'm happy with the rules? are you?

Perfectly happy with the rules. Steve Brooker is going nowhere!!!

Yes it was saved, but it was a crap penalty. No power or pace in it at all.

Just read this in the Independant.....

"There was nothing wrong with Showumni's well-struck spot kick but Polgliacomi made amends for his earlier error when he guessed the right way to make a stunning save".

I couldn't make it to the game and I haven't had chance to see the highlights yet so can someone enlighten me as to whether it was a "crap penalty with no power or pace" or a "well-struck spot kick" as I'm now quite confused?

By the way Sarah B - I don't think anyone on here is slagging off Brooks but even you will have to admit that if you are going to compare him with Enoch - then Enoch has had a far more impressive season (so far). In terms of goalscoring and assists then Enoch comes out on top. In terms of workrate and luck with injuries - they are on a par with eachother.

Yes it was saved, but it was a crap penalty. No power or pace in it at all.

Just read this in the Independant.....

"There was nothing wrong with Showumni's well-struck spot kick but Polgliacomi made amends for his earlier error when he guessed the right way to make a stunning save".

I couldn't make it to the game and I haven't had chance to see the highlights yet so can someone enlighten me as to whether it was a "crap penalty with no power or pace" or a "well-struck spot kick" as I'm now quite confused?

By the way Sarah B - I don't think anyone on here is slagging off Brooks but even you will have to admit that if you are going to compare him with Enoch - then Enoch has had a far more impressive season (so far). In terms of goalscoring and assists then Enoch comes out on top. In terms of workrate and luck with injuries - they are on a par with eachother.

He struck it well enough, but it was a nice height fot the keeper.

However if the keeper had guessed the other way it would have look a cool pen.

By the way- I always believe the penalty taker should be a player on form, which Enoch is ! Everyone misses pens time to time.

He struck it well enough, but it was a nice height fot the keeper.

However if the keeper had guessed the other way it would have look a cool pen.

By the way- I always believe the penalty taker should be a player on form, which Enoch is ! Everyone misses pens time to time.

Strikers seem to miss pens more than most for some reason.

Archived