IGNORED

why didn't murray take it?

You Know I Am Right

No he won't be losing his place on the back of Andrews performance i don't think. He couldn't last 45 mins because a challenge left 2 marks on his shin and he felt his hamstring tighten so i would imagine GJ took him off for precaution he may well rest him Tuesday which won't be a bad thing as he will be needed for the Boro game.

Shall we add andrews to the list of players you slag off then? From what i understand, he scored... Putting us out of reach, with no way back for oldham. He needed less time to make 3 chances for himself, than brooker did for 45 mins.

You're just bitter because brooker isnt going to be able to reach his goal target :disapointed2se:

So what if enoch wants to take them to get his goals scored higher? Atleast it shows his passion for this club, and wants to score as many as he can for us.

Stevie, if you do read this forum... Please understand that i have nothing against you, you're a great player.. just the constant arse kissing from Mrs B does me nut in :D

2 words

INJURY PRONE

Yes because he gets stuck in out there. He is brave and wholehearted which is why he picks up injurys. Oh of Course Enoch is always fit ain't he? :whistle:

Yes because he gets stuck in out there. He is brave and wholehearted which is why he picks up injurys. Oh of Course Enoch is always fit ain't he? :whistle:

No, he is not (he hasnt been injured for a fair few games now). But when he comes back into the team, he almost guarentees you a goal. Infact, he's almost scoring in every game he plays in at the moment.

Out of interest, how many times has brooker been injured this season?

No, he is not (he hasnt been injured for a fair few games now). But when he comes back into the team, he almost guarentees you a goal. Infact, he's almost scoring in every game he plays in at the moment.

Out of interest, how many times has brooker been injured this season?

Oh its a miracle Enoch is Fit. (No disrespect to Enoch) but he is injury prone he started off with a mystery virus came back from that and tore his hamstring and was out for about 4 weeks i think then injured his shoulder at Cheltenham but by Boxing day it had changed to a groin Strain!!

Brooks had a long lay off for 8 weeks with his knee injury but at least it was the same injury!!! Yes ok then he got a thigh strain. He got his calf injury thanks to a Port Vale player giving him a hefty kick so thats hardly his fault and today some Oldham player left two marks on his shin but thats not serious and he was just taken off for precaution i would imagine.

difference is, when Enoch comes into team he gets goals right away,

Enoch - 22(2) games 12 goals - excellent, but been injured alot

Brooker - 14(3) games 3 goals - poor, but been injured alot

Jevons - (32) 2 games 13 goals - fit all season

too me, enoch is our best forward

difference is, when Enoch comes into team he gets goals right away,

Enoch - 22(2) games 12 goals - excellent, but been injured alot

Brooker - 14(3) games 3 goals - poor, but been injured alot

Brooker's all round game is excellent any idiot can see that. There is much more to his game than scoring goals.

maybe they would, how ever they will probably be in the wrong, either way in the next couple of games with Jevons out it will be interesting to see who takes a Pen?

my money would be on Enoch again

and Enoch should take it if we get one. every forward, no matter how good the are, have missed penalties in their careers, its just one of those things that happens in football especially with keepers getting better at saving pens aswell.

The way i see it i would prefer us to miss a penalty in a game that we won convincingly, than to miss one in an other game where it could be the difference between winning and drawing.

this miss had no effect on the result and as we can't tell who was the designated penalty take without consulting GJ or the players, it just doens't matter

Brooker's all round game is excellent any idiot can see that. There is much more to his game than scoring goals.

and yet Enoch has got all those goals, despite playing alot of the season LEFT WING, he also created a goal today for Andrews to score, his all round game is also excellent, but he can score goals

I suppose Enoch is probably just a better alround player having gained experience when he played in the championship

and yet Enoch has got all those goals, despite playing alot of the season LEFT WING, he also created a goal today for Andrews to score, his all round game is also excellent, but he can score goals

I suppose Enoch is probably just a better alround player having gained experience when he played in the championship

Brooks fed Mcallister for his goal today!! Brooks did all the hard works for Jevons and Williams goals against Tranmere. Brooks works his socks off every match he plays in.

GJ has said Enoch is still learning he plays like a 17 year old as he had a late start in his career i would agree with this. To say he is an all round better player that Brooks is complete rubbish and you are obviously saying it to wind me up.

Oh its a miracle Enoch is Fit. (No disrespect to Enoch) but he is injury prone he started off with a mystery virus came back from that and tore his hamstring and was out for about 4 weeks i think then injured his shoulder at Cheltenham but by Boxing day it had changed to a groin Strain!!

Brooks had a long lay off for 8 weeks with his knee injury but at least it was the same injury!!! Yes ok then he got a thigh strain. He got his calf injury thanks to a Port Vale player giving him a hefty kick so thats hardly his fault and today some Oldham player left two marks on his shin but thats not serious and he was just taken off for precaution i would imagine.

Oh ofcourse, it's everyone elses fault exept for brookers, dear god! I hope for his sake he doesn;t read these forums, because i'm sure even he would be sick to the stomach with your posts. It's not a miracle that enoch is fit, however, it would be a miracle if brooker lasted 10 games without getting injured.

Thanks for proving my point by the way. Enoch has been out for quite a lenghtly period of time, yet he's joint highest scorer for city in the league, and only 1 goal behind overall. Whereas brooker has scored...3, in all competitions.

Brooks fed Mcallister for his goal today!! Brooks did all the hard works for Jevons and Williams goals against Tranmere. Brooks works his socks off every match he plays in.

GJ has said Enoch is still learning he plays like a 17 year old as he had a late start in his career i would agree with this. To say he is an all round better player that Brooks is complete rubbish and you are obviously saying it to wind me up.

no, he has experienced a higher level football with Luton and played and had to learn how to beat higher quality defenders than Brooker who has spent his career all in the lower leagues, Enoch has been a very hard worker this season and has probably created as many goals as he has scored this season, he's also shown he is prerpared to put his head in where it hurts get injured and then come back on and play through the pain, he's played key parts in alot of games this season, today he created the goal for Andrews, in midweek he created the play for the first goal against Coventry and then scored himself, 4 goals in his last 4 games

he's had a late start, but he's been playing as a pro now for a while and is in his 3rd season, however we can only judge on what we have seen so far, and so far he has a much better goal per game ratio for City than Brooker and when you take into consideration he also creates as many as he scores and the fact we got him on a free, he has without doubt be a better signing than Brooker,

plus he's is no doubt a fans favorite, as he's already been given his own song!

Based on this season, i would agree with bh that enoch is the better all round player. So maybe he isn't winding you up? And considering he hasn't had a full season with us yet, that's pretty good going. You rightly say brooks set up 2 goals in the tranmere game, infact thinking about it..No he didn't, he shot for the jevons goal, which was blocked (wasn't a intended assist), and hit the bar for williams goal (again, wasn't a intended assist) Enoch has done plenty of assists during this season.

Based on this season, i would agree with bh that enoch is the better all round player. So maybe he isn't winding you up? And considering he hasn't had a full season with us yet, that's pretty good going. You rightly say brooks set up 2 goals in the tranmere game, infact thinking about it..No he didn't, he shot for the jevons goal, which was blocked (wasn't a intended assist), and hit the bar for williams goal (again, wasn't a intended assist) Enoch has done plenty of assists during this season.

Of course he has, So wasted in league 1 is Showumni. Maybe he will be off in the transfer window!! :noexpression:

Yes, ofcourse he will love.

He will stay with us, scoring our promotion goal into the championship.

With brooker probably injured.

Yeah of course Mr i can do no wrong Showumni is bound to score the goal that gets us promoted :noexpression: Set up Unselfishly by Steve Brooker i would imagine!!

to be fair you could argue about this endlessly. :sleeping:

we shouldn't be judging how enoch is better than brooks or visa versa when they are both playing well at the moment. of course there are going to be games that one of them plays a bit better than the other.

it seems to me that people are just finding stupid things to argue about rather than concentrating on the positives.

we are in the best position we have been all season so brooker and enoch can't be doing that much wrong between them!

he he he.

we won 3-0 today!

what a fantastic result!

:clapping:

just thought id remind everyone.

sod penalty takers, blah blah, we've got a team to be proud of at last.

let's enjoy it!

:city:

exactly :chant6ez:

everyone seems to be forgetting what is actually important......

i know we won and i am happy but..........

to explain why i started this thread: i cant remember who it was against but about 4 years ago (maybe more/less) west ham were 2 up against someone in the prem and one of their players (kitson or hartson) had scored 2 so they let him take the penalty to get his hat-trick.........he missed and they drew 2-2 which resulted in them missing out on europe or something (harry redknapp was not pleased at the time). in his interview he said di canio was specified taker but there was nothing he could do when they were on the pitch.

maybe I'm being paranoid but all i wanted to know is:

a) did it look like enoch was designated taker?

and

b) who would you choose to take penalties?

****hope this clears it up to those of you who think i am moaning!!

Not meaning to be critical chap, sorry, did disgard the thread from just post 'cooter's' point as void when I saw SarahB was involved though.

Firstly; Enoch did look shiftey from second one taking that kick (my mate said as much - I said ''yeah, but remember S****horpe, the only other one I can personally recall him taking - as cool as a cucumber'')

''a)'' - To answer the question: I don't know.

Secondly; McCalister - a proper Footballer, lille Lee - another 'proper' Footballer, should have our spot kicks when Jevons is off the pitch, imo.

Thirdly, and to rephrase my original point; ''If your Aunt had knackers....''

3-0.

3 points.

Ass kicked. Job was very much a goodn'.

i am glad somebody wanted to take as over the years

we have had players turning their backs on it.

i suppose enoch was more comfortable at taking it on the day.

was it a good pen or was it a good save?

Weak pen too be honest. No MCcalister was going to take it. Enoch snatched the ball away from him!!

Archived